Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

E Book Reader In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / E Book Reader In Nigeria (4379 Views)

How Do U Save Pictures On Yr Laptop From Adode Reader / Jamb - Digitalpersona U.are. U 4500 Fingerprint Reader - Problem's Solution / Adobe Reader 7.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E Book Reader In Nigeria by benzion72(m): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2010
I have being trying to get e book reader in the market. But unfortunately I could not even at the popular computer village Ikeja. People seem to behave as if they have not heard anything about it. Whereas we have Sony Digital ereader, Ilard, Amazon kindle just to mention a few. is because we don't read in this part of the world that is why we are being denied such good device in this part of the world.
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Philcool(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2010
You are wrong, you know. It is not that we do not read. We have many other things that are not being put together yet to stabilize our mentality to set up these amenities. The one you mentioned passed through the same time taking process. It is just unfortunate that we became wiser that the expected time and we are hungry for these things to be ours sharing the equal rights as other developed regions while we still developing. If you feel these things are a big necessity, then do something by starting somewhere and if you want to criticize, please let us criticize constructively. I hope we are got the picture?
Thanks.
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by benzion72(m): 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
Uncle Phil I don't have apology for the fact that we don't read in this part of the world. And I cannot force anybody to do anything. I need the device to improve my own personal reading. If you know where i can lay my hand on please don't hesitate to give the address
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by GL(f): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
i guess there must be official Sony outlets in lagos, you should check them out. you can buy online through international mail forwarders.
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by cadno(m): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2011
I agree with u 100%, Benzion72, Nigerians dont read, we only read to pass exams. I was shocked myself when I went out to look for an eReader in the market, nobody even understood what I was even saying !!!!

Now I am in serious need of a NOOK Color to buy, as I have narrowed down from Kindle 3.

I cant buy books online from here due to Kindles support for Nigeria, so am depending on my free eBook downloads and other sources of my eBooks that I have to use on an ereader.

Can any one help locate where I can buy in Lagos ?? call 08098950293

1 Like

Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2011
Please dont say lm wicked for given you
18g/54g!! Every month!!!!
for proper downloading of heavy files
listening to Live! event on Cnn,bbc
playing Music on youtube
opening of secured site like liberty reserve.facebook,yahoo,gmail,forex
browsing like me 24/7 without watching your Bundles
cos it's unlimited!!!!!!
add me on facebook with
Gej mgbenka ifeanyi
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
I just got my own kindle, but from the US, you cant buy it in Naija,

I read mainly free books cos Amazon does not support Nigeria
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2011
Congrats! How's it going?
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2011
Not bad at all,
I've been meaning to email you, we could exchange books u know even in epub format,
I could use my calibre software to convert it,
what dyu say?
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by benzion72(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2011
prsently I read with Mobipocket reader on most of my phone. There are lot of free ebook on www.manybooks.com and project gutenberg in various format
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2011
osikhueme:

Not bad at all,
I've been meaning to email you, we could exchange books u know even in epub format,
I could use my calibre software to convert it,
what dyu say?

Dropped you a line, a while ago. How did you get it, and for how much? tongue
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2011
I used a sourcing company www.orderbay.com and everything came to around 38k,
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 06, 2011
Okay, great. I assume you got the wifi only version for $139. Did you get a case too? I've finally gotten one. Hope you've checked out projectgutenberg, manybooks, feedbooks and mobileread for free books. What about your pal in the office? Did he get one, too? Also, how did you finally decide on the Kindle? I remember you were not quite certain before.
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
Long story about the kindle but mainly cost and yes I got the Wifi one. Didn't feel the kindle was that restricted once you could use calibre software to convert books, hence the reason i settled.
I got a lovely leather case as well
My colleague settle for the kindle DX since he was to do a lot of busy PDf books
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
Oh okay that's cool. Yeah with calibre you can do a lot of things. How is the kindle's web browser? Tried it yet?
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2011
No I haven't had an opportunity to try it, dont hv wireless at home, and they wont let me use the wireless at the office, I side load books from my computer, Howz your reader doing?
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ah, it's doing great! cheesy I'm always using it. Now I can read whenever I want to. A book is never far away. wink
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by franxis(m): 2:58am On Apr 18, 2011
i have the software installed onmy pc and i use it to download and read loads of books in pdf,epub,customised pdf fortmat.if you need it call em on 06065833184
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by ofilispeaks(m): 9:28am On Jun 11, 2013
cadno: I agree with u 100%, Benzion72, Nigerians dont read, we only read to pass exams. I was shocked myself when I went out to look for an eReader in the market, nobody even understood what I was even saying !!!!

Now I am in serious need of a NOOK Color to buy, as I have narrowed down from Kindle 3.

I cant buy books online from here due to Kindles support for Nigeria, so am depending on my free eBook downloads and other sources of my eBooks that I have to use on an ereader.

Can any one help locate where I can buy in Lagos ?? call 08098950293

If you have an Android phone, you can try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.okadabooks free epub reader on Android phone with legal epubs for download.
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by kabayomi(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2013
Pls help me i want to get an ereader too but cant find one here in d country.... As for d kindle can ci it open books from other sources like downloaded bookss?
Re: E Book Reader In Nigeria by paymember: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
MONETIZE YOUR AUDIENCE/WEBSITE OR BLOG!
Do you have an audience or a knowledge? You can monetize it on ShopKudi. Become a vendor and sell your products or become an affiliate and earn over 90% commission per sales on other peoples product free.
Get paid instantly through cheque or through your bank account.
Log on Now to http://www.shopkudi.com
Internet Sales & Earnings is much more easier!

(1) (Reply)

Marissa Mayer Is Yahoo's New CEO / How To Make Your Windows 7 Genuine / I Need Office 2010 Professional Full Activation Key!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.