Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,660 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle (25640 Views)

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
I feel honoured to be picked by two prolific writers. You both write on different genres but are awesomely inspiring in your own way. I wish I could go with the both of you but alas...I'll go with LarrySun smiley

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
Repogirl's Team

8. Missnande 15. ToluLolu0122 11. piroux 12. illicit 13. Jazmiynne
1 more contestant needed.

Audreytimms' Team 6. Debbietiyan 14. Heryordele94 16. kimberlywest
3 more contestant needed.
Larrysun's Team 1. Kusibe 3. Chipappii 2. Skarlett 5. Frankenstein
2 more contestant needed.

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by repogirl(f): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2017
Divepen1:

8. Missnande
15. ToluLolu0122
11. piroux
12. illicit
13. Jazmiynne
I am excited to have you guys on my team and can't wait to begin.

At this point, these people would have to pick one of the judges that selected them. The judges have the right to lobby for them before the contestants pick. This means that the judges not chosen would have to pick other writers to fill in their 6 slots.p

The Contestants

10. OluwabuqqyYOLO

You did an awesome job with your first story, Yolo and I would appreciate the chance to work with you and have you on my team.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
Divepen1:

Audreytimms' Team
6. Debbietiyan
14. Heryordele94
16. kimberlywest
9. Gmike2rule

Welcome on board BFFs. Let's have some fun and broaden our horizon. Boot camp begins tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the remaining two members of Team Elixir. Motto: Turning ordinary metals into gold with our words. grin

OluwabuqqyYOLO and Gsteve001, don't miss being a part of this team.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Debbietiyan(f): 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2017
AudreyTimms:

Welcome on board BFFs. Let's have some fun and broaden our horizon. Boot camp begins tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the remaining two members of Team Elixir. Motto: Turning ordinary metals into gold with our words. grin

OluwabuqqyYOLO and Gsteve001, don't miss being a part of this team.

Yayy!! Thank you Ma, I'm ecstatic to be on your team.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by GSteve001(m): 2:51am On Aug 02, 2017
I'll go with audreytimms.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 4:32am On Aug 02, 2017
Repogirl's Team
8. Missnande 15. ToluLolu0122 11. piroux 12. illicit 13. Jazmiynne
Audreytimms' Team
6. Debbietiyan 14. Heryordele94 16. kimberlywest 7. Gsteve001 2 more contestant needed.

Larrysun's Team 1. Kusibe 3. Chipappii 2. Skarlett 5. Frankenstein 2 more contestant needed
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:48am On Aug 02, 2017
Damn! I'm so at a crossroads! I'm for Larrysun. Firmly rooted in his team.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:50am On Aug 02, 2017
I go with Larrysun.

Please disregard my previous comment.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:05am On Aug 02, 2017
Really, I've never been this glad since I became a member or Nairaland! The fact that this competition is actually happening quite calls for a wild party but that's beside the point. To think that I was chosen by the three best writers I met on Nairaland when I was just learning the ropes is a dream come true. It gives me goose bumps, almost like I'm a wet rat. It gives me sublime ecstasy!

I learnt some tricks from Repogirl, I don't need to say she's the best of the pack in her genre. Thank you very much, Repo ma. I love you. *clicks tongue*

Then, Audreytimms, OH MY WORLD! I never thought you'd even know there's 'ÒluwabuqqyYOLO'. I'm awed! Thanks, ma.

Larrysun, I'm not gonna praise you. You know the drill. Thanks, sir.

3 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2017
Repogirl's Team
8. Missnande

15. ToluLolu0122

11. piroux

12. illicit

13. Jazmiynne

Audreytimms' Team
6. Debbietiyan

14. Heryordele94

16. kimberlywest

7. Gsteve001

2more contestants needed.

Larrysun's Team

1. Kusibe

3. Chipappii

2. Skarlett

5. Frankenstein
10. OluwabuqqyYOLO

1more contestant needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2017
Contestants Pending
4. Meneski 9. Gmike2rule 17. Mclove 18. Boffinjay 19. Perrypablo 20. Lesky3
cc Repogirl Larrysun Audreytimms

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2017
GSteve001:
I'll go with audreytimms.

Yayyyyy! *Dancing iskaaba* Welcome to Team Elixir.

Debbietiyan, yayyyy too!

No hard feelings, OluwabuqqyYOLO. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by repogirl(f): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Alright. Its all good. Goodluck to you.

@ Divepen1, I pick Entry 4 (Meneski) to replace Bukky.
---------------------------------

Alright guys,

8. Missnande
15. ToluLolu0122
11. piroux
12. illicit
13. Jazmiynne
4. Meneski
lets get together and talk. You can either PM me directly here, or just reach me on pejuamadi@gmail.com

Let's get to it.

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2017
After much deliberation with the gods of literature, my final pick is... *drumroll*

Welcome to Team Elixir, 17. Mclove

Team Elixir

6. Debbietiyan

14. Heryordele94

16. kimberlywest

9. Gmike2rule

7. GSteve001

17. Mclove

Pairing comes up shortly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by repogirl(f): 9:14am On Aug 02, 2017
STAGE 2: 100 word drabble

PAIRINGS
For the second stage, I decided to do make pairings based on the similarities I noticed between the writers. You'll submit a 100 word drabble ON THE DISCUSSION THREAD, https://www.nairaland.com/3915558/seun-osewa-flash-fiction-instructions

So, dig deep and let your creativity explode in not more than a hundred words. Lol!

Best of luck!

Missnande vs ToluLolu0122

piroux vs Jazmiynne

illicit vs Meneski
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by LarrySun(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2017
Okay. I was too tired yesterday to join in the selection process, but all's well! I'm so glad to have the people in my team; they are like family...OluwabuqqyYOLO especially has been with me for long. I would have jumped off the cliff if he and Skarlett hadn't chosen me. Thank you, guys. With him and Kusibe, Chipappi, Skarlett, Frankenstein, we will form a formidable team. However, I am also happy to announce the new member of the team, Perrypablo.

The pairing for the next stage stage comes up shortly. May God bless you all.
LSD

Edited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Stage 2

Team Elixir Pairing

Debbietiyan versus Heryordele94

GSteve001 versus Mclove

Gmike2rule versus kimberlywest

I'll explain later why I made the pairing this way and also my observations and corrections.

I expect you all to make it exceptionally difficult for me to choose. In all, just do your best. For questions, suggestions, thoughts, request for help, audreytimms83@gmail.com is my email address.

Go Team Elixir!

#Team Gold

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by LarrySun(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2017
For the second stage (The Drabble), below is my pairing.

Kusibe versus OluwabuqqyYOLO

Chipappi versus Frankenstein

Skarlett versus Perrypablo

You've got to put in all your best in this. Don't relax because you think it's just 100 words. I want you to blow my mind away. You are all literary soldiers, don't let me down!

I wish you all the best.

If you have anything bothering your mind, just reach me on larrysundynasty@gmail.com or 09061754872

I'm here to serve you. smiley

God be with you.

LSD

3 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
The following people have been selected and have been paired.

This would be posted on the discussion thread and would be transferred by Divepen1

Date August 2-4
— The judges would have paired contestants before the battle starts and would pick a winner from each group. This mean, the judges would have 3 contestants left.
— The judges are allowed to steal any two contestants that lose from other judge.

Team Repo
Missnande vs ToluLolu0122
piroux vs Jazmiynne
illicit vs Meneski

Team Elixir ( Audreytimm)

Debbietiyan versus Heryordele94
GSteve001 versus Mclove
Gmike2rule versus kimberlywest

Team LSD
Kusibe versus OluwabuqqyYOLO
Chipappi versus Frankenstein
Skarlett versus Perrypablo

cc:
Repogirl
Audreytimms
Larrysun
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Team Larrysun

THE WAGES OF SIN
- Skarlett

The bullet hit him straight on the forehead. He blinked, staggered and fell backward.
It was the longest step he ever took. For one thing, it lasted him the rest of his life.
Steve arose in a world of darkness, icy confusion pouring through his mind. But all he could think of at the moment was the hooded figure standing before him.
“I never thought it would end this way. I only wanted my due.”
He had served me well alive, killing and destroying lives. Everyone would be glad to see him die, except me.
CONGRATULATIONS. YOU’VE GOT IT.

Vs Perrypablo

ALABURUKU
John tried to move his body but failed his feet and body were bound to a stick or was it a tree he couldn't tell because of the blindfolds covering his eyes. Then he heard a command 'load' and he wondered what was going on. What followed, left no inkling of doubt, it was precise, it hit him in his very bowels, 'aim'. He knew what came next."God...They're going to shoot me". Hot yellowish liquid wet his shorts and seeped through his thighs. 'Fire'.His mind went blank, then, he woke up sweating profusely in a pool of his own urine.

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
Team Repogirl

ONE OR ALL? ( Meneski)
Even at the orifice of death, he couldn't believe his fiance will shoot him.
The only person he has treated with amorousness.
But there she stood defiantly remorseless of what she did, still pointing the Glock at him, ready to finish the deed.
Conjuring the last strenght in him, coughing out blood violently he began.
"If i should die a million times, i don't mind you killing me all through. I will love you again and agaaaiiin" coughs again.
BOOM! And his skull haboured a bullet.
She had to kill the president for her safty and of the citizenry.

vs
illicit

Bush Baby
He got into the woods with his dog at his heels and saw a monkey sitting quietly in a tree trunk. He shot it. BANG!!! The dog ran to finish it off but the now mad monkey grabbed its neck, bit its throat and ripped out the esophagus. The dog collapsed. The hunter moved closer and saw that the monkey was pregnant and reproducing when he shot at it. TABOO!!! The baby was almost out but a pellet had penetrated its forehead. He shot the monkey dead.
At home, his wife delivered a stillbirth with a hole in the head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
Team Elixir ( Audreytimms)

Debbietiyan
FIRST KISS
She had longed to feel his lips on hers the minute she laid eyes on him, and she knew he wanted the same.
They had known virtually, for a year, but the attraction kicked-in first sighting. He would be her first, she was glad she waited. She would be his tenth, she didn't know that, though wouldn't have minded, if she did.
They were standing so close, eyes staring intently into each other’s, then she felt the tickle on her lips, just as he stepped back.
Confused, she reached for her lips, chasing away the fly that had settled there.

vs Heryordele94

- Disqualified for plagiarising.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
Chipappi
Team Larrysun

Murder She Wrote

She never told him why she went to jail. Jennifer probably thought it never mattered to him, she was wrong and he left her for Mary.

She had chatted him up on the night of their honeymoon and told him the reason why. The answer she gave screamed out to him, his eyes bulged when he read the message.

Then he heard a sound of gunshot downstairs. He rushed out and from the stairs he saw Mary on the floor, in her pool of blood, Jennifer stood over her. She raised the gun at him.

"Murder" was what she wrote.

vs Frankenstein

OKWADIKE

Mma watched the dibia place his blade on her friend's neck.

"Ani, accept this sacrifice," he prayed.

She wanted to shut her eyes at the horror but knew her father was watching and judging.

It was the tradition for her to take care of Okwadike until the time came to prove her devotion to the deity.

Okwadike's death cry jolted her back from her reverie and tore her heart to pieces.

As the earth greedily lapped his blood, memories washed over her.

She'd never get to watch him chase her playmates around the ukwa tree.

Her pet goat was gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 5:12am On Aug 04, 2017
Team Repogirl

Tolulolu0122

IRONY
A cool morning is always a great time for a jog. Jogging down the street, I saw a reflection of myself, dumbfounded, but there was not any mirror!

The face and stature was same as mine but the hairdo and stature were different. I found it difficult to believe but alas! I just found my long lost twin sister.

A great reunion it was, my parents thought she was dead, the last one week had been filled with so much fun with her.

It remained a mystery how she escaped from the notorious kidnappers, her foster parents are simply wonderful.

Vs missnande

LUST IN LOVE
Amina alights from the taxi on cloud nine,still high from the breathtaking romance she had last night with the gentleman who picked her up from where the bus had dropped her off in the beautiful city of Lagos. Still thinking to herself,she hoped her father-in-law was right about her husband,that he was cute,romantic and generous as the man from last night.
She knocks on the gate,the guard opens,she walks in and the person she sees is a tall dark and handsome figure. Suddenly she realizes its the guy from the night before!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2017
Team Elixir ( Audreytimms)

Kimberlywest

BITTER-SWEET REVENGE.
What was the worst form of betrayal you've ever experienced?
For me, it was coming back home from work and finding my husband, Lekan, in bed with my bestfriend, Adesuwa.
Unbelieveable!
The remorseless look on their faces was heart-rending, I became confused.
I only got back to my sensse when Adesuwa shrieked and I realized I had just stabbed her--on her chest.
I've been in this rabbit-hole called prison for the past 7 years, although I miss my bestfriend and freedom but I prefer it to a loveless marriage.

vs Gmike2rule

Her Baby's Picture
When Ogochuckwu saw her baby's picture, the intial pain and the gory details flooded her memory.
Her husband, Thompson, stood outside the door, but she kept folding her clothes into her travelling box.
' I don't know what to say?' Thompson grumbled.
She inhaled loudly, opened and shut her mouth in despair, dropped the picture of her dead baby, and zipped the bag.
He stepped into the room .' We were fighting and...'
' Getting angry again? Come, kill me too?'
She carried the travelling bag which reminded her of her baby's coffin, and left his house and his life.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Honeymoon In Prison-reborn / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / REVENGE (an Action Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.