Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo (1061 Views)

Enugu Govt Appoints Former IGP, Onovo, As Security Consultant / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai / 2019: How We Plan To Unseat Buhari – Moghalu, Sowore, Onovo, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2017
I accidentally fell on this video of Martin onovo published a month ago. Martin Onovo expresses his opinions on the major issues Nigeria faces as a country, from the Secession appeals (of the Yoruba, Niger Delta and IPOB), to the issue of Restructuring. Watch the video, and feel free to air your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z1D-zNq9os

cc. Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala

cc.2 Plaetton Sonofluc1fer Bigfrancis21 Sukkot Johnydon22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by forreelinc(m): 9:18am On Jul 14, 2017
You know what will be best for naija?
A civil war I'm not talking about the 1960s type I mean the libyan type that will turn Nigerians into refugees to other countries

At least by the. Y'all will learn to shut up and appreciate what you have
Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2017
I intend to write a summary of his sayings later on, for those who can't watch the video.
Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by FTrebirth(m): 9:45am On Jul 14, 2017
forreelinc:
You know what will be best for naija?
A civil war I'm not talking about the 1960s type I mean the libyan type that will turn Nigerians into refugees to other countries

At least by the. Y'all will learn to shut up and appreciate what you have
how are you sure you would survive such civil war if it eventually comes? be careful what you wish for.
Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Ever8054: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2017
restructuring will wake up most states from there slumber... it should be done according to the six geopolitical zones....restructure now and see competition to grow the various sections and watch Nigeria grow like a beautiful Rose.
iam not Igbo but I believe that region will be amazing, forget the oil in the delta.I sometime make fun of the Igbo's and call there region red mud,but deep down my heart I know they have so much potentials and the zeal to develop there land.
there pride will not let them go down.... I love Igbo's but hate ipob....

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by forreelinc(m): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2017
FTrebirth:
how are you sure you would survive such civil war if it eventually comes? be careful what you wish for.

No be una who dey always complain and make noise about seperation and saying naija should not unite?

Oya make we civil war now abi
Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Igboesika: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2017
Ever8054:
restructuring will wake up most states from there slumber... it should be done according to the six geopolitical zones....restructure now and see competition to grow the various sections and watch Nigeria grow like a beautiful Rose.
iam not Igbo but I believe that region will be amazing, forget the oil in the delta.I sometime make fun of the Igbo's and call there region red mud,but deep down my heart I know they have so much potentials and the zeal to develop there land.
there pride will not let them go down.... I love Igbo's but hate ipob....
Fix your divide and rule tactics in your @nus.
Mind you, divide and rule tactics is no more working , OK. ?

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by FTrebirth(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2017
forreelinc:

No be una who dey always complain and make noise about seperation and saying naija should not unite?

Oya make we civil war now abi
who be the 'una'? LOL!
Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by forreelinc(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2017
FTrebirth:
who be the 'una'? LOL!

Oh you no dey among dem?
Oya pele I just tire to dey hear all them rantings
Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2017
I will start publishing excerpts from the video.

On the Issue of the Marginalization of the South East:

I don’t know anybody that doesn’t agree with the fact that the South East has been marginalized. General Obasanjo made a statement that the presidency is due to go the South East, because it has not gone there. That’s an instance of marginalization. There so many instances. Let’s start with the structure.

In a country where resources are shared by States, the fact that one zone (the SE) has 5 states, while all other zones have 6 or 7, puts the South East in disadvantage with respect to sharing the national wealth. Because that is the basis for sharing the national wealth. The second basis is the number of local governments. That puts the South East in a very marginalized position.

This has lasted for too long, because it can very easily be corrected. El Rufai has documented signed and published the political exclusion of the South East. El rufai is not from the SE. Obasanjo is not from the SE. Alhadji Abdulkadir Balarabe Musa has said it very clearly that Since after the civil war, the South East has been deliberately marginalized till date. He’s the former governor of Kaduna state, he is not the former governor of Enugu States. That’s why I said, I don’t know anybody who doesn’t agree that the South East has been marginalized. The hard facts are clear

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
On the various calls for Recession

The Oduduwa national coalition issued a statement that 50 million Yorubas are more than 40% of other African countries and that they are sufficient to form a country and that, it is the way to go. Let us remove sectional analysis and look at what is the universal standards and principles.

“if you want peace, work for justice” that’s John Paul II. You can’t have justice if you don’t have integrity. So the fundamental is Integrity. There was a war in Nigeria, some people say what caused the war was secession. If you ask the other people, they will say no, what caused the secession was a pogrom. And they have videos, they have photographs. There was a Pogrom , where innoncent women and civilians were butchered. So What really caused the war?

I think what caused the war was a Pogrom. Because, The secession call was an act of self defence, from my point of view. Are we better off we a unifed Nigeria? Clearly. But we want a one Nigeria that is based on Justice. A one Nigeria that is not based on Justice, will collapse eventually, no matter how much we want it. It has never worked in the History of Humanity, it will not work in Nigeria. Yes one Nigeria, that’s what we want. But it must be based on Justice.

In Nigeria, I honestly see myself as a 3rd Class Citizen. I can deceive myself to be a 1st Class citizen, after all I was a presidential candidate. Yes I was a presidential candidate, but I am still a 3rd class citizen. The facts are very clear. The position that the 1st citizen with a first school leaving certificates, I can’t get it with a master

These things are very easy to remedy, but you can’t remedy them without a Leadership. That’s why we are seeking Leadership, because with Leadership you can remedy them. And it is very easy to remedy them. Do you know why? Because the Constitution is very clear. The Constitution says we must not discriminate based on religion, tribes, etc., why do we discriminate?
Look at federal character. The Presidency Admitted at the beginning, when the national newspaper published the first 37 appointments. The presidency admitted it was cued and said it is going to be remedied. Where is the remedy?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
On the issue of Restructuring

In every Society, when people agree to live together, they have a culture. Their laws are made according to their culture. Let us use the British common law system and French law system. In Britain People are innocent until proven guilty. In French it is the contrary: You are guilty until proven innocent. You can see the fundamental diametrical philosophical differences. But those are very efficient countries compared to us. So what is my point?

My point is that any System will not work without integrity. You can see that Innocent until proven guilty is working in Britain. Guilty until proven innocent is working in France. Try both here it will fail. When you bring corrupt Journalists, corrupt police, corrupt witnesses, corrupt judges, how will any system work?

The entire cycle is corrupt, how can the system work? And People keep tinkering with the system which is what we are doing in Nigeria. People keep tinkering with the system instead of tinkering with the problem. Achebe thoroughly and exhaustively diagnosed that the fundamental problem in Nigeria is with the leadership. Every ethical intellectual agrees that this is the problem.

It is not the System. Now they are shouting: Restructure! I ask them: Who stole Delta people’s money, was it a Borno State man? The person who was convicted for stealing Delta state money is a delta man. Who stole edo people’s money? Somebody was convicted, is an Edo man. The vagabond in Nigeria come from every region! So what are you telling me? The system is not the issue.

This is the same dubious logic the elites use to deceive the Nigerian people. And The Nigerian people unable to think for themselves, and accept what is right, will follow the same dubious elites that led them into the predicament in the first place.

Everyone is shouting Restructure. Is that a problem? Your own local governor is a thief. My own built hotels, built estates etc. Why are we deceiving ourselves? We need to diagnose the problem properly. The problem is, the leadership is unpatriotic, illegitimate, and corrupt. I insist on illegitimate. The constitution says you must have minimum Waec to contest for presidency. Let us confirm that general Buhari has Waec. Otherwise, the constitution is violated.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Martin Onovo by facelessangel: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
ok

(1) (Reply)

Are These The Kind Of People That Want Restructuring? / If The Igbo Ethnic People Do Leave The Nigerian Federation! / Fugitive Kingley Kuku Who Fled To USA; Wife Nominated As FCT High Court Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.