Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,022 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery (28506 Views)

NNPC Begins Rehabilitation Of Port Harcourt Refinery / President Buhari, Dangote, Wale Tinubu Meet Top US Companies CEOs (Photos) / Senate Halts Port Harcourt Refinery Concession To Agip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by ijustdey: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2017

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachukwu has clashed with the Group Chief Executive of Oando PLC, Mr. Wale Tinubu, over alleged planned concessioning of Port-Harcourt refinery.

Both men met on Thursday during a one-day Public Hearing of the Senate on the way forward for the oil sector.

The Minister, who appeared before the Senator Abubakar Kyari-led ad hoc Committee on the Planned Concession of the Refinery rebuffed Tinubu and disowned statements credited to the latter which implied that his company (Oando) has been granted concession for the Port Harcourt refinery.

Although Wale Tinubu also denied ever making any remark in the media on alleged concession of Port Harcourt refinery to the oil company by the federal government, he vehemently maintained his stand that the refinery has been packaged for Oando’s rehabilitation.

After accusation and counter accusation between the two, the Senate and the federal agencies handling the nation’s oil refineries on alleged move to concession the Port Harcourt Refinery, all parties settled for revamping, rehabilitation and maintenance of the refinery along with others through what they termed, sourced financing from private oil firms.

Speaking further on the state of the refinery, Kachikwu who noted that $300 million would be required to repair it, said that it was better to engage the company that built the refinery in the first instance for its repairs, due to the availability of spare parts and knowledge of the configuration, adding that the country’s refineries were being run and maintained by Nigerian engineers, and acknowledged that there was the urgent need for constant retraining of the engineers.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/13/kachikwu-clashes-tinubu-port-harcourt-refinery/
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by IamGobe(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
K
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by KahlDrogo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Who won the battle? Kachikwu looks really strong, like a Spartan. I suspect Kachikwu gave Wale a good beat down.

I'm in my house.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by NwaNimo1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Kachikwu Na Biafran........ grin

Be careful they don't reshuffle you on the orders of buhari from his grave.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by dessz(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
op see ur mouth where d clash dey use ur words well

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Caustics: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by OWOABASIUDY: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Following
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by dlondonbadboy: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Is this Bola tinubu's son?

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Cutezt(m): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
They have started accusing themselves like APC and PDP

Let the blame game begin.

Meanwhile, learn How to check who viewed your profile on Facebook, catch that babe that has been eyeing you tey tey

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by TheAngry1: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
I am waiting for Chinedu to turn this to tribal issue as usual

17 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by nwakibie3(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tinubu family wan theif our refinery. Stealing is in their blood. If u doubt me go to lagos island and ask

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by supereagle(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tinubu has a stake in this company as I learnt.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by FUSS: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abeg make them talk well o!
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by BuariCopyPaste: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
The reason Afonjas want the status quo to continue so they lay claim to others property.

I thought they have discovered oil in Lagos?

Or is it that the discovery didn't go beyond the bottled oil displayed by the governor

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by belindar: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Once you are in APC govt your lies has no boundaries. Kwachikwi now join Liar Mohammed
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by magoo10(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Instead of engaging in E tribal wars Nigerians should unite against these criminals who have stolen our common wealth ,they are more united in stealing and looting . we cannot continue in the present status quo

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by nwakibie3(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
wesleysev95:
Is wale Tinubu related to bola Tinubu? You never can tell

He is bola Tinubu nephew

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by artboll(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
How did this get to front page?
How does the confusion of 2 zombies concern me?
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Myself2(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
ThiefNubuu and his greed,dem don thief everything for South west finish,na to come Pitakwa con corner the refinery remain abi
Well thank God say Kachickwu sabi the game pass the tobacco rotten teeth for Bourdillon and his corporate Shina Rambo junior brother

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by hokafor(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
Maybe they are clashing over the sharing formula of the kickbacks.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Day11(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
I'm looking for the CLASH angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Ebukax(f): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
Fighters ko fighters ni...

Nigerian AdSense and WordPress blog for sale

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Timinho23: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
Imagine wale tinubu being sure that his company is the one to get the deal, while the minister is saying otherwise.... #there is cabal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
Kachikwu seems passionate about his work.

Unlike Dalung the clown.

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by cass1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
This people still fighting for oil........... There are a lot of pressing issues oh our senators...... But if its just maintenance den i concur.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by SweetJoystick(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
What effrontery by Wale Tinubu na by lying them take dey get contract?

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by flexshop(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
All this bad news today.... First sec investigations now this....... Wale how many times I call u, pity shareholders small na

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by IgboticGirl(f): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
KAchikwu abag deal with any motherfuckers that go Against u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by olowobaba10: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
WHERE IS THE CLASH ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Sodijan(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dat issued is nt clashed, what dey need is memorandum of understand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / "Ohakim Gave Me $2.29m Cash To Buy Abuja Mansion" - Witness / 90-Year-Old Man's House Close To Udom's Residence Demolished. Man Laments (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.