Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery (28511 Views)

NNPC Begins Rehabilitation Of Port Harcourt Refinery / President Buhari, Dangote, Wale Tinubu Meet Top US Companies CEOs (Photos) / Senate Halts Port Harcourt Refinery Concession To Agip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by dfrost: 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
KahlDrogo:

I'm in my house.

cheesy
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by delivryboy: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
These refineries were built over 37 years ago, I am wondering why Nigeria would continue to go back to the company that built the refineries for maintenance 37 years after. We must look homeward for simpler solutions like turn around maintenance. We must engage our own companies for such contracts so as to grow our own man-power and retain scarce foreign exchange, why take simple jobs such as maintenance to a Japanese company simply because they did the construction.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Chiaka(f): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Kachikuwu Please just take the best descision that will get the Refinery up and running angry angry angry angry angry Nonesense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nigeria government are animals when comes to maintenances of infrastructures, sectors and industries for good governance and economy. Yet, spending/losing trillions of dollars of Nigeria taxpayers money to foreign countries services, neglecting their own to rots.

Not that they don't know what to do, because of their foolish wickedness, they wouldn't do it.

I have never heard or seen foreign governments presidents and their government officials in Nigeria for medical treatment and education and all the other services except for stealing of oil conniving with corrupt Nigeria government.

Nigeria government needs their brains cells processors completely formatting.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by freshvine(f): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
delivryboy:
These refineries were built over 37 years ago, I am wondering why Nigeria would continue to go back to the company that built the refineries for maintenance 37 years after. We must look homeward for simpler solutions like turn around maintenance. We must engage our own companies for such contracts so as to grow our own man-power and retain scarce foreign exchange, why take simple jobs such as maintenance to a Japanese company simply because they did the construction.

When Nigeria began manufacturing of stainless values, flanges, pipes, metres etc.

Tinubu should go and do turn around maintenance for the one in kaduna. Imagine the clown arguing with the minister in charge of the maintenance. such effrontery

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Basic123: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
Myself2:
ThiefNubuu and his greed,dem don thief everything for South west finish,na to come Pitakwa con corner the refinery remain abi
Well thank God say Kachickwu sabi the game pass the tobacco rotten teeth for Bourdillon and his corporate Shina Rambo junior brother

what if wale tinubu eventually won it like wale babalakin an Afonja man own the MMA terminal 2 ?

na killing yourself remain be that oooo.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by ipodstinks: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
The reason Afonjas want the status quo to continue so they lay claim to others property.

I thought they have discovered oil in Lagos?

Or is it that the discovery didn't go beyond the bottled oil displayed by the governor
The oil found in Lagos sha dey pain you everytime. If you die because of that, the oil won't dry off. Get that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Reference(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
magoo10:
Instead of engaging in E tribal wars Nigerians should unite against these criminals who have stolen our common wealth ,they are more united in stealing and looting . we cannot continue in the present status quo

Thought that was President Buhari's responsibility. After all the noise day don break for una side. Na now una know say we the people matter. Oya shout 'Sai talakawa'.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by lilytender: 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Myself2:
ThiefNubuu and his greed,dem don thief everything for South west finish,na to come Pitakwa con corner the refinery remain abi
Well thank God say Kachickwu sabi the game pass the tobacco rotten teeth for Bourdillon and his corporate Shina Rambo junior brother

But Tinubu did not steal NNPC's oil like Ifeanyi Uba nah. Ifeanyi Uba has been arrested, released and forced to pay 2 billion naira out of the about 11 billion naira worth of oil that the thieving Biafran stole.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by czaratwork: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Kachikwu is a first class law graduate. what is wale's claim to fame?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
common sense should Tell us that the company that initially built it should be given the contract.

But in Nigeria the leaders always think backwards
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by deomelo: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
delivryboy:

The Minister made pointless and silly sense, where is the sense and wisdom in transferring funds to a foreign comp just because they built the refinery decades ago when we have huge and credible oil and gas conglomerate with knowledge and technical skills like Ondo.

Obviously, the minister is trying to retain control of the $300 million repair funds and how it's spent by him of course instead of actual concern about the refienry..

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by 989900: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
No news here. Believe these folks at your peril.

I just want Kachikwu to get these refineries working at full throttle ASAP.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by davou4eva(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
You mean our Naija PH refinery

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by emi14: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hide and seek. Distraction is APC brainchild.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Jesusloveyou: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
dessz:
op see ur mouth where d clash dey use ur words well
op na iPod,
They know how to find trouble
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Tmercy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
Myself2:
the day Tinubu starts singing IPOB praise he automatically becomes saintnubu but we know your kind. Kwantinu

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Jesusloveyou: 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
delivryboy:
even the devil knows is better for the original builders to continue the maintenance than a learner to be doing it since 1999 without result
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by dami2boi(m): 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
Why three hundred million dollars and not the usual ten million dollars that was use before to repair it
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by osusuallstars: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
yoruba scampering for oil and gas in Biafra land. no wonder the biafra agitation is paining them even more than the hausa fulani BH. Biafrans wake up
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Is this Bola tinubu's son?

His nephew.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by yom2(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/13/kachikwu-clashes-tinubu-port-harcourt-refinery/

how to remain a failure is to continue doin d same thing over and over again, why nt concession it?
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by googlepikins: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
We will blow up Oando if they dear come close to that Port Harcourt refinery. Thunder fire thiefnubuu there
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Blue3k(m): 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
Confusionist government why is he now saying these statements aren't true. Anyway the government should get out of the oil business and let private companies run these assets. Only inept government can allow such a crazy scenario of import refined crude when they are petroleum exporter.

As long as it's done with due process and transparent they can concession or sell refineries. Nigerians should learn government and business don't mix.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
The reason Afonjas want the status quo to continue so they lay claim to others property.

I thought they have discovered oil in Lagos?

Or is it that the discovery didn't go beyond the bottled oil displayed by the governor
A suffer-sticated way of stealing and grabbing for SS oil, all the while obsessing over Igbo matters

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by omohayek: 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
Blue3k:
Confusionist government why is he now saying these statements aren't true. Anyway the government should get out of the oil business and let private companies run these assets. Only inept government can allow such a crazy scenario of import refined crude when they are petroleum exporter.

As long as it's done with due process and transparent they can concession or sell refineries. Nigerians should learn government and business don't mix.
I suspect there's actually no confusion on this issue, and everybody knows what really needs to be done - Kachikwu certainly does, as he publicly advised Buhari to sell off the refineries back in late 2015, only to quickly change his tune afterwards. Buhari is possibly just ignorant enough to believe holding on to decrepit refineries is the "right" thing to do, but I suspect a lot of other people who know better encouraged him in his ignorance, out of a desire to maintain the status quo.

Leaving things as they are allows for all sorts of corrupt practices to continue to flourish, from currency round-tripping, to issuing fake invoices for non-existent oil imports, to illegally diverting domestic oil supplies to neighboring countries, etc. Of course, government-run refineries and distribution also means more freedom to create useless "jobs" for relatives, friends and cronies, and more "juicy" appointments where incompetent but well-connected people can steal at will from the parastatals they are running into the ground.

The long and short of it is this: don't underestimate the wickedness of Nigeria's political elite, most of whom don't really give a damn about the general welfare. What looks like total incompetence may actually be carefully planned to maximize the benefits for a corrupt few, at the cost of the general Nigerian population.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by TheKingdom: 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Silly Nigger Area folks and "government".

BTW, I'm sure the average Senator abi SINator, doesn't know the meaning of ad hoc...
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Blue3k(m): 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
omohayek:

I suspect there's actually no confusion on this issue, and everybody knows what really needs to be done - Kachikwu certainly does, as he publicly advised Buhari to sell off the refineries back in late 2015, only to quickly change his tune afterwards. Buhari is possibly just ignorant enough to believe holding on to decrepit refineries is the "right" thing to do, but I suspect a lot of other people who know better encouraged him in his ignorance, out of a desire to maintain the status quo.

Leaving things as they are allows for all sorts of corrupt practices to continue to flourish, from currency round-tripping, to issuing fake invoices for non-existent oil imports, to illegally diverting domestic oil supplies to neighboring countries, etc. Of course, government-run refineries and distribution also means more freedom to create useless "jobs" for relatives, friends and cronies, and more "juicy" appointments where incompetent but well-connected people can steal at will from the parastatals they are running into the ground.

The long and short of it is this: don't underestimate the wickedness of Nigeria's political elite, most of whom don't really give a damn about the general welfare. What looks like total incompetence may actually be carefully planned to maximize the benefits for a corrupt few, at the cost of the general Nigerian population.

I have to agree like usual. He didn't really change his time to Buhari sent a message from London saying there's no plans to concessions refineries. Then before that senate halted refinery concession due to shady bidding process. Buhari seems to be main opposition due to old school nationalist ideals.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by CioAngels(f): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
wesleysev95:
Is wale Tinubu related to bola Tinubu? You never can tell
Related, yes, he runs it for bola tinubu.
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Myself2(m): 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Tmercy:
the day Tinubu starts singing IPOB praise he automatically becomes saintnubu but we know your kind. Kwantinu

Nnamdi Kanu fall on you
You bloody IPOB Arrow
Re: Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery by Myself2(m): 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
lilytender:

But Tinubu did not steal NNPC's oil like Ifeanyi Uba nah. Ifeanyi Uba has been arrested, released and forced to pay 2 billion naira out of the about 11 billion naira worth of oil that the thieving Biafran stole.

Wetin co sign me an Ifeanyi Ubah,is he the one I mentioned.
All these IPOB YOOTS sef always trying to mention their kinsmen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omobolanle Sarumi Ashabi Aliyu, Oyo First Female Governorship Candidate / Video Shows 'Dancing' Link On Third Mainland Bridge / Ekiti Governorship Election: Tinubu Campaigns For Oyebanji, APC Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.