Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! (886 Views)

INEC To Reprint Ballot Papers Three Weeks To Elections / Anambra Politics;Andy Uba: The Desperate Politician! / Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by chigo4u: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
Well you heard it right. He truly is. He is involved in grassroots mobilization and as I write, over 360 tear rubber motorcycles has been distributed to all the wards in Anambra State. The crowd he pulls at his intelligent rallies is amazing so don't be surprised if he is declared governor on Saturday. Now let’s critically analyze the chances of other top contenders.

Peter Obi - waste of progress. Always talking and nothing to show. simple. The few roads he claims to have built is substandard and the installed streetlights are not working hence they are merely for beautification. He has realized he has done nothing hence he is relying on ojukwu for redemption but he knows he has flopped already and the people are ready to kick him out of government especially no that everybody is yearning for infrastructural dev. like is the case in lagos, enugu, port Harcourt etc,

Chris Ngige - Definitely a good man. I love him personally but his problem is that he has a good vehicle but no engine to drive the vehicle. He is tested and proved but I guess he has to get some more cash and re-strategize to win governorship. Has a good chance though.

Uche Ekwunife - I guess nobody is ready for a woman governor. No, not now.

N. Ukachukwu - I don't even want to waste my time. Next:

C. C Soludo - Rushed into the campaign, godfathered from Abuja, not popular, has many enemies, no clear manifesto and vision, that is why you have African - Dubai - Taiwan - iraqi - pakistan - china - America - Afghanistan - Africa - anambra - his bed (cos he was dreaming)

Andy Uba - Man of the people. Has invested so much in the people. Given out so many items to boost the people from the grassroots. has the sympathy of the people. has great supporters rallying behind (chris uba, etiaba, dangote, PDP, LP etc, ), Destined to be next Governor. - To build airport, dry port, improve agriculture etc.

Enough of that. so compare all these men and get out on sat (for the voters here on Nairaland) and vote in Labour Party.

Catch y'all after.
No hate!
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by calyx: 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
Andy Uba - Man of the people. Has invested so much in the people. Given out so many items to boost the people from the grassroots. has the sympathy of the people. has great supporters rallying behind (chris uba, etiaba, dangote, PDP, LP etc, ), Destined to be next Governor. - To build airport, dry port, improve agriculture etc.

i guess you should google andy uba on wikipedia. . .you will be sorry!
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by calyx: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2010

i guess you should google andy uba and check him out on wikipedia. . .you will be sorry!
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by olafolarin(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
chigo4u:

Well you heard it right. He truly is. He is involved in grassroots mobilization and as I write, over 360 tear rubber motorcycles has been distributed to all the wards in Anambra State. The crowd he pulls at his intelligent rallies is amazing so don't be surprised if he is declared governor on Saturday. Now let’s critically analyze the chances of other top contenders.

Peter Obi - waste of progress. Always talking and nothing to show. simple. The few roads he claims to have built is substandard and the installed streetlights are not working hence they are merely for beautification. He has realized he has done nothing hence he is relying on ojukwu for redemption but he knows he has flopped already and the people are ready to kick him out of government especially no that everybody is yearning for infrastructural dev. like is the case in lagos, enugu, port Harcourt etc,

Chris Ngige - Definitely a good man. I love him personally but his problem is that he has a good vehicle but no engine to drive the vehicle. He is tested and proved but I guess he has to get some more cash and re-strategize to win governorship. Has a good chance though.

Uche Ekwunife - I guess nobody is ready for a woman governor. No, not now.

N. Ukachukwu - I don't even want to waste my time. Next:

C. C Soludo - Rushed into the campaign, godfathered from Abuja, not popular, has many enemies, no clear manifesto and vision, that is why you have African - Dubai - Taiwan - iraqi - pakistan - china - America - Afghanistan - Africa - anambra - his bed (cos he was dreaming)

Andy Uba - Man of the people. Has invested so much in the people. [b]Given out so many items to boost the people from the grassroots. h[/b]as the sympathy of the people. has great supporters rallying behind (chris uba, etiaba, dangote, PDP, LP etc, ), Destined to be next Governor. - To build airport, dry port, improve agriculture etc.

Enough of that. so compare all these men and get out on sat (for the voters here on Nairaland) and vote in Labour Party.

Catch y'all after.
No hate!

You must be ready to sell your vote for okada or some little cash.When will you people vote for people on credence and popular manifesto instead of making quick bucks out of every election to the detriment of the entire electorate,
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by grafikdon: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
olafolarin:

You must be ready to sell your vote for okada or some little cash.When will you people vote for people on credence and popular manifesto instead of making quick bucks out of every election to the detriment of the entire electorate,

Pay no heed to shameless Andy Uba disciples. people on the ground in Anambra will tell you there are 3 candidates, and Andy Uba is not one of them.
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by dapachez: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
:Dont really dont know the kind of politics we play in naija,must every tom dick and harry want to rule in this coutry well as far as i am concerned none of the gladiators have nothing to offer the state. mark my words there is going to be massive rigging and as usual pdp will emerge.what a pity in our beloved naija n whatever happens now will be a foundation for 2011.do hv a luvly pm
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by forpeace: 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
ngige is the next governor of anambra state
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by ijele(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
It is,, it must be Dr. Andy Uba. He's equal tested and trusted especial in human resources. He believes in technocrats, he made Soludo (bring him limelight) am sure soludo will be his economic adviser. he(uba) was behind Dora's popularity including Oby Ezekwesili. He made Ngige,allowed Obi 2 have a smooth transition,during Uba 17 days in de office,he increased de minimum wage of civil servants, 4 de first time since de creation of Anambra,he came up with a brilliant idea on how 2 build international airport,sea port, etc Common if u have ur voter's card,come out and vote 4 dis guy wit style Dr Andy Uba. x
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by olafolarin(m): 11:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
calyx:

i guess you should google andy uba and check him out on wikipedia. . .you will be sorry!

I just followed your lead and checked Andy Uba on Wikipedia.

Its unfortunate he held a public office under OBJ.He should be in jail. S O R R Y.

His Profile on wikipedia is just disgusting,
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by egift(m): 2:22am On Feb 04, 2010
Wiki: Andy Uba

Mr Andy Uba (born 14 December 1958) is a Nigerian politician and was a former governor of Anambra State. He was llegally sworn in on 29 May 2007 and was told to vacate the office on the 14th of June 2007. The Nigerian Supreme Court ruled that the election that brought him into power was illegal and should never have held, why? In essence he was never elected a governor, how come he was sworn in? He is a member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP).

Andy Uba was a special assistant on domestic matters to the former President of Nigeria Olusegun Obasanjo between 1999 and 2006. He is the elder brother to one of the PDP chieftains and moneybag, Chris Uba and also of Ugochukwu Uba, a senator in the upper legislative house of Nigeria. Dr Andy Uba won the April 14 gubernatorial elections in Anambra State with over 70% of total votes cast despite having entered the gubernatorial race just 6 months earlier. The elections were described as a charade by international observers.

In 2006 the Nigerian investigative journalist, Omoyele Sowore uncovered a case of money smuggling levelled against Andy Uba by the FBI. Andy Uba was accused of smuggling $170,000 to the United states aboard the Nigerian presidential jet without declaring the money to the United states authorities. The FBI was alerted to the activities of his proxy, Loretta Mabinton after a series of suspicious deposits into her bank accounts. On investigation it was discovered that Mabinton bought a Mercedes-Benz SL car worth $97,000 for Uba and shipped it to Nigeria. The car was subsequently returned to the United States. $45,000 was also used to purchase farm equipment for Nigeria's president Obasanjo's farm in Otta, Nigeria. After a long investigation, Uba agreed to settle the case out of court and forefeited $26,000 to the United States government. [1]. [2]

He claims to hold a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, an M.Sc. from California State University and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Biological Sciences from the unaccredited Buxton University, UK. However, his academic qualifications are in dispute; there is evidence that he was enrolled at Concordia University, and California State U., but no evidence that he graduated from any of the schools. In addition, the degree from Buxton University was one based on Correspondence.

In a landmark ruling delivered by the Supreme court of Nigeria on the 14th of June 2007, Andy Uba was told to vacate the office of governor of Anambra state with immediate effect and the former governor, Peter Obi was re-instated and is to serve as governor till March 17 2010. The supreme court further stated that INEC erred by conducting elections in Anambra state when the serving governor still had over 2 years left to serve. the verdict of the supreme court carried out two meanings because according to Nigeria constitution, the supreme court has no juridistion to attend election tribunal. What the supreme court rule was peter obi has to complete his tenur as it is protected by the Nigeria constitution and the supreme court has no jurisdiction to rule that the 2007 election was null and void. andy uba recently is still going to claim his tenure as he has been sworn in by chief judge of Anambra state and he was also the governor of Anambra State based on the 2007 election he won. He recently went to the Supreme court to ask them to over-rule the earlier verdict, but had it withdrawn on 8th of May, 2009. [3]
Re: Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate! by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2010
forpeace:

ngige is the next governor of anambra state

you missed that one too.

empty barrel

(1) (Reply)

Anenih And Edo Design Edo Budget In Former's Living Room / Ezeuche's Brother Arrested For Impersonation. / The Case Of The Pregnant Prisoner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.