Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People (47110 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by ransomed: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Yoruba are cowards.
:::--- Banjo fought on Biafra side despite being a yoruba man. Remember what Benjamin Adekunle did to your folks. Do not forget that your president abandonned ship and ran to ivory coast. Who can you now deduce that showed act of Cowardice? Never forget that Awo was bold enough to use food as a strategic weapon to bring biafra to its kneels. The moral from the history above is that chest beating does not translate to boldness and being strategic in planning and shrewed in executing them with precision neither mean weakness nor cowardice.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by NevetsIbot(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikita1:
If you are not a Yoruba, you are wrong cheesy.
Omo kaaro ojiire, awa Omo oduduwa ti ko ni Fi owo osi describe ile babami cheesy.
Mo ki yin oo Omo iya mi kiss
hanhan... O tun n so ede Geesi (oyinbo) ninu Yoruba ni?

Awa omo oodua ti ko ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba wa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by MisterKings(m): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
NevetsIbot:

If any other Yoruba person replies this fool.... I will disown him or her.
Deedeedee3. Just ignore him

grin grin grin grin odun men. Disown him or her. Na u born them. Ode
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Blueeyedboi(m): 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Its kind of sad their existence has been,currently is and will always be driven by the hate of the Igbos rather than love of their own tribe...we've damaged them that much..

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Kbels(f): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hmmnn, their betrayal knows no bounds.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Funkybabee(f): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Yes ooo we are the most richest tribe in Africa, in terms of culture, education, language, behavior

We are so peaceful,we don't brag like some people we fight in our heart
We won't even show it to you.

Na we created Owambe for them to call

Our language sell ,if u can't sing in Yoruba language abeg forget that popularity only God go gv u but if u want it quick just use our tone eh!!! U go sell

Even Oyinbo people can kill themselves for us ,if you think is not true come here next month come and see how they drag themselves to osun river.

And guess what, don't mind us we like ceremony too much ehh!!!!
We are swagarlicious,cute,that is the reason why they called our men demons and also come and see my beautiful sisters endowed with blessing sheey bakasi lafe so ni ,abi eru ayayi mehn we are too much

And to those who are going to read this and boils, don't worry go and drink chilled origin that is y Guinness produced it for people like you

Proudly omo odua
OMA karo ojire
Awa ki Naro ki baba
Beni a ki se omo ale
Odua o GBE Wa ooooooo

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Deedeedee3: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
MisterKings:

Aahhh eeya. E dey pain u abi. Pele i understand. This simply shows that u are one of the illiterates. I am referring to.

But you have to admit una dirty die. Only a yoruba you will pass and u will almost die of armpit odour. Only a yoruba person will eat food right in front of her child pooing on a paper. Una dirty die.
Your women another story. Only in yoruba a small girl of 17 will carry belle and everyone seems to be ok with it and wen they are tired of their so called marriage at a later age..... Owambe is the next thing to start fvckin a new alhaji.

And lastly one more blow below the belt. Dont try to agree in secret with a yoruba o. They go sell you immediately they see small wahala. They go deny u die.

***P. S THIS IS ONLY THE UNEDUCATED YORUBAS like u. The ones wey go school dey get sense
That one na lie.Tell me any Yoruba land that is as dirty as Igboland. Mention them make we see.
Yoruba women no flirt reach Igbo women. The number of Igbo women that are into prostitution is 10 times that of Yoruba women. You talked about Yoruba girls becoming pregnant at 17, that one is usual for Igbo women too. just that una go sell the children to big madam to feed. Baby factory things na him Igbo do pass.
Na Igbo women fuucck pass no be lie.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by NevetsIbot(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
MisterKings:

Deedeedee3:

That one na lie.Tell me any Yoruba land that is as dirty as Igboland. Mention them make we see.
Yoruba women no flirt reach Igbo women. The number of Igbo women that are into prostitution is 10 times that of Yoruba women. You talked about Yoruba girls becoming pregnant at 17, that one is usual for Igbo women too. just that una go sell the children to big madam to feed. Baby factory things na him Igbo do pass.
Na Igbo women fuucck pass no be lie.

Deedeedee3 I say bone this fools matter na

MisterKings:

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Chukazu: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
lol also remember that they are very stingy too and will rather watch their fellow yoruba man suffer than help

Seriouslyundecided says who?

They are the most generous

Btw: About culture... I don't think their culture is any better than Igbo or Hausa culture, what they have in advantage is the media.. That way they are able to project their culture better than any other tribe
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Deedeedee3: 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
NevetsIbot:

Deedeedee3 I say bone this fools matter na

Egbon, no vex jare. I go bone am

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by MENELIK1: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
RedAlert08:

"Quest for modern education" was in the past. Other regions have surpassed them. Igbos set the trail in education nowadays.

Osu, he meant quest for education not drugs

6 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by NevetsIbot(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Deedeedee3:

Egbon, no vex jare. I go bone am
oodua suppose no dey follow idiots argue. omo iya mi, Gbayi
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Abagworo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
To all my Igbo brothers that have been brainwashed into thinking they are Jews can't you see that Yorubas also name their child on the 8th day like Igbos? They probably also circumsice like Igbos too.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Eluwilussit(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
SuperSuave:
I'm not really yoruba but I've lived all my life in the west, I know the culture their way of life and everything. I don't really know of other tribes but I Love the Yoruba people. Awon omo kaaro ojire grin

We all love Yorubas. Easy going people. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
celestialAgent:
Yorubas are accommodators grin

Eyintemi, bawo ni
You DAMN RIGHT yes! we are accommodators in our region unlike other tribes even in every aspect. Nairaland boss sef Seun is an accommodator..lmao.. grin
cc seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Greenbullet(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
RedAlert08:

"Most educated" lol. Continue deluding yourself. Igbos set the pace in education these days. You think this is 1950's?
lol, I laugh at you for laughing, dude try to research, Yoruba's are far above Igbo's in terms of education, its not even a debatable fact.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Eluwilussit(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikita1:
If you are not a Yoruba, you are wrong cheesy.
Omo kaaro ojiire, awa Omo oduduwa ti ko ni Fi owo osi describe ile babami cheesy.
Mo ki yin oo Omo iya mi kiss

But you turn around and call whites and asians racists. You are a tribalist then. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Seunpaul01(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
lol also remember that they are very stingy too and will rather watch their fellow yoruba man suffer than help

Not all Yoruba people are stingy. We have a particular ethnic group call, IJEBU, they are know to be stingy.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Oluwafreshing(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hardwork pays, success is on the way.
the ones that are skull miners x scammers are bastards which are just to lazy to work hard.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Salym(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
Dharniel:
give it up for the best tribe in Nigeria in terms of culture and traditions.
Yoruba people don't sweat it, being successful is our thing, we are just too good.
no sentiments.

Best tribe when it comes to culture and tradition? I dont agree with such. You cant have the best culture and traditions and yet relegate your traditional clothing to ceremonies alone. When it comes to culture and tradition, we Hausas beat you to it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by MENELIK1: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
Wristler:
Are you from Ilorin?
If not, its wrong to adopt the appellation for yourself as a Non Ilorin Yoruba. You don't have to join those with no history in truncating ours

God bless you sir, but I think he is just trying to tell the Osus that calling Yorubas Afonja is a waste of time, meanwhile they find it difficult to refers to themselves as Osu because they know it's a terrible appellation

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Deedeedee3: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
NevetsIbot:
oodua suppose no dey follow idiots argue. omo iya mi, Gbayi
I understand you bro

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by wonyin(m): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
proudly Omo Odudua
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
NevetsIbot:
hanhan... O tun n so ede Geesi (oyinbo) ninu Yoruba ni?

Awa omo oodua ti ko ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba wa
lol....don't mind me oo.
Mo insert English to fi oro sere ni joor cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by thesuave10(m): 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
kikiwendy:

lmao...I swear u be scam

Great lioness! grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Eluwilussit:

But you turn around and call whites and asians racists. You are a tribalist then. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm not a tribalist oo. Are you jealous I salute my peeps

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by thesuave10(m): 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikita1:
lol....don't mind me oo.
Mo insert English to fi oro sere ni joor cheesy

Stop this. Go and find yoruba forum grin tongue
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Deedeedee3: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Funkybabee:
Yes ooo we are the most richest tribe in Africa, in terms of culture, education, language, behavior

We are so peaceful,we don't brag like some people we fight in our heart
We won't even show it to you.

Na we created Owambe for them to call

Our language sell ,if u can't sing in Yoruba language abeg forget that popularity only God go gv u but if u want it quick just use our tone eh!!! U go sell

Even Oyinbo people can kill themselves for us ,if you think is not true come here next month come and see how they drag themselves to osun river.

And guess what, don't mind us we like ceremony too much ehh!!!!
We are swagarlicious,cute,that is the reason why they called our men demons and also come and see my beautiful sisters endowed with blessing sheey bakasi lafe so ni ,abi eru ayayi mehn we are too much

And to those who are going to read this and boil don't worry go and drink chilled origin that is y Guinness produced it for people like you

Proudly omo odua
OMA karo ojire
Away ki Nara ki baba
Bela ki se omo ale
Odua o GBE Wa ooooooo

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by greggng: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
RedAlert08:

Aptly put bro. You couldn't have described them better. Their noisiness, nosiness, tendency to betray and natural insecurity irritates the hell out of me.

I moved to ibadan in 2014 after I was offered job in one of the discos. Afterwards, I began to believe that God wanted to punish me that was why he sent me there.

Finally, all yorubas act the same. Be it pastors, imams, elite or commoner

You ve forced me to give an example. I live in an estate at gowon. I ve a close friend who has been disturbing me to introduce him to my nebor who imports accidental cars. Due to his pressure I brought both together and he invested money to buy a pilot is a Honda suv. The car suffered delays that lasted like 5months. I was worried and I decided to confront my nebor to ask why all the delays? But the buyer cautioned me that I should leave him to handle it cos he sensed I was angry. Suddenly the car landed and everything fixed . On the very day I brought customer to pay for the car the only was telling the buyer that he will fixed everything including scanned code report. As a friend I told him that I ve never witness were someone ve to repair everything in a tokunbo car b4 selling. Infact he got angry an insulted me b4 the buyer whom I brought. The buyer called me sabor a name for a traitor. We sold the car and I now decided to confront him on his behaviour to me in front of the buyer. I was not satisfied with his attitude so I decided to report him to my nebor who is helping him to buy his car. Instead of him to address the issue I raised he went ahead to tell us that if he has to say all that I said when the pilot is still not in Nigeria, that he'll will let loose. I told him to say it so that everyone will know. The question if I kept quiet he would ve told the whole world I linked him to a 419. Even my nebor was asking me to be careful of him.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by AreaFada2: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
ok. nice.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nwakaumu(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
tete7000:

Yoruba are not cowards, we don't just fight senseless war. We used our brain more than our physique. We don't fight from a position of weakness. It is stupid to fight a war you don't stand a chance to win. Listen to master Jesus himself corroborate that:

If one of you is planning to build a tower, you sit down first and figure out what it will cost, to see if you have enough money to finish the job. 29 If you don't, you will not be able to finish the tower after laying the foundation; and all who see what happened will make fun of you. 30 ‘You began to build but can't finish the job!’ they will say. 31 If a king goes out with ten thousand men to fight another king who comes against him with twenty thousand men, he will sit down first and decide if he is strong enough to face that other king. 32 If he isn't, he will send messengers to meet the other king to ask for terms of peace while he is still a long way off. (Luke14:28-32)

You can also read the "Art of war'' to gain deeper understanding on the subject.

Don't raise a troop when diplomacy can win you a war.
With your diplomacy you lost your ancestral land in ilorin to hausa-fulani; with your diplomacy you lost your ancenstral land in offa; with your diplomcy you lost your land in kabba; with your diplomacy,dahomean women warriors chased your fore fathers all the way from modern togo down to abeokuta while slaughtering them like animal.Coward,keep deceiving yourself with white man's text book.cowards always have already made excuses to justify his cowardice.yoruba are cowards,period.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
thesuave10:

Stop this. Go and find yoruba forum grin tongue
but this thread is for Yorubas nah embarassed

And this forum belongs to my Yoruba brother tongue tongue tongue tongue grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INNOSON Donates Vehicles To Ooni Of Ife / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.