Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions (21294 Views)

Building Plan of a 4 Bedroom Bungalow (needed urgently) / 4 Unit 2 Bedroom Block Of Flats Design - One Plot / Construction Of 2 Bedroom Block Of 6 Flats In Owerri,imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by puzzler: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:
Hello Architects, Surveyors Builders and Engineers,

Good morning.

Kindly assist with reviewing the building plan attached to this post.

Dimension of the land: 37.6m (Length) x 9.25m (Width) - It's a long narrow half plot of land.

Kind critique these drawings and help me avoid any mistakes going forward.

Looking forward to your seeing your comments.

My brother pls try and also involve the services of a town planner so as know d relevant regulations guiding developments in ur area.. Cos already ur project can't be approved with inadequate airspaces and setbacks, over density,not all ur rooms ar cross ventilated..
My candid advise ! If its not approvable den dont build... If u must build den build right..

2 Likes

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by konkacid: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2017
Why not align the Ground floor and first visitor's toilets?
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by seunlayi(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Dimension of the land: 37.6m (Length) x 9.25m (Width) - It's a long narrow half plot of land.

I don't like this design, will help you upload on e

1 Like

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Heymus(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Finding ways of resolving this your entrance on the ground floor will not be a bad idea as it is not appealling at all.

secondly your Architect needs to know that it just 2bedroom appartment in each flat, so why is it that only one bedroom is cross ventillated. let him resolve that too so that the two will be cross ventillated.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by ArcFresky(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2017
No design is ever perfect.

Now that is said, are you planning on giving planners these? Bescause the room in the middle is poorly ventilated.
Also accessing the building is too direct. Its like the door opens directly into the compound.

Apart from those, its nice considering the space available
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2017
okay

ROXBURY HOMES BRINGS TO YOU THE BEST OF
LUXURIOUS LIVING WITHIN AFFORDABILITY..

SEMI-DETACHED FOUR (4) BEDROOM and TWO (2)
BEDROOM DUPLEXES WITH BQ ARE UP FOR SALE.
COMES FULLY EQUIPPED WITH MODERN GADGETS, and
CARPORTS WITH AMPLE PARKING SPACE.

FACILITIES: One Year Membership of Dream World Fun
City, Swimming Pool, Event Centre, Gym Centre, Round
The Clock Security.

Eleganza, Lekki-Lagos.

TITLE: Governor's Consent

PRICE: #47M (Semi-detached 4 bedroom duplexes);
#33M (two bedroom fully equipped semi-detached
duplex)
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE

Call/WhatsApp: 08138718647; 08075256644; 08169173378; 08023480776

info@naijapropertiesonline.com
www.naijapropertiesonline.com/listings/2nd-toll-gate-
ochid-hotel-road-eleganza/

1 Share

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by teechedah: 7:25am On Jul 17, 2017
Very nice design but just a few correction your Architect need to revise.
1.Let him recess that your main entrance door to avoid water penetration and for your door to last long
2.Why not mirror your kitchen window and door at d back so you can create your kitchen access from living room there and block off the door close to the visitors toilet.With this, I believe your are good to go.Ur architect has a very nice and exprienced work managing that litle plot.

1 Like

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Timtol(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Nice work.

The space was well managed and well placed.
Good!!
Note; The rooms are not well cross ventilated enough checking from d attached plan and it animation.
Error; Windows should be placed at the centre of a room wall not the edge for any reason.
If it were b a PDF format I would have preferred circling it all for matter view n understanding.

CROSS VENTILATION IS ONE OF THE PRIMARY THING THAT BUT BE CHECKED.
LIVE!!!
#Good morning.
From Cornerstone Home Plan
Timtol.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by money121(m): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2017
Alrty
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by shedy03(m): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

OP. quote me for electrical&plumbing drawings (for approval&construction)
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by MrEdimulo82(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2017
Your architect did good justice to d use of space, however, the visitors toilet on the upper floor can be moved to the location of the terrace, or any other he might consider best for privacy in the bedrooms area.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by danemenike: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2017
Morning
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by takenadoh: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

The plan looks great but the basic set back is the "dinning" / sitting room arrangement, it should be the other way round for the ground floor, and the door should open directly to the kitchen when the arrangement is changed that way you just have a wall between the visitors toilet and the kitchen.
The spare rooms lack cross ventilation so a second window should be introduced
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Templa(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2017
Change your architect..

Ventilation issues,
VT too close to kitchen
Poor positioning of dining near the entrance.. Should be the living room..
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by LeonMacJames(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2017
AK6464:
Not every guest you'd want to enter your bedroom before accessing the rest room if need be
there's a visitors toilet in the projection na
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by laadtech: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2017
AK6464:
Not every guest you'd want to enter your bedroom before accessing the rest room if need be
Look very well you will see a visitors toilet at the entrance beside the kitchen
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by supajizy(m): 7:46am On Jul 17, 2017
AK6464:
there is a visitors toilet in the plan sir. That's what's labelled as V.T
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 17, 2017
kittykollinxx:
u didn't ask the town planners that would approve the plan
I am not sure I get you.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Maybe he changed the picture after your post but I can see a visitors toilet outside of the private areas. So guests do not need to enter the bedrooms to use teh restroom.

Not at all - I didn't

1 Like

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 17, 2017
Horlardorjah:
the plan is good so far d setbacks was put into consideration while planning which we cant deduce here except u tell us the overall width of the building.

as for rain having effect on d doors, a cantilevered canopy can be introduced above d door to avert that from happening, terrace wasn't introduced due to space.

and d first room, the ventilation is not good enough.
why not have two windows of smaller sizes than having one. mind you, I advise you use casement window and not sliding for your building as d ventilation is much better

See here

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by supajizy(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2017
From my observation. The guest toilet is perfect.Ur kitchen and Dining are poorly positioned. Your kitchen is too close to the entrance. Imagine ur wife has to run from the room to the kitchen when u HV visitors? Or ur kids HV to keep walking past ur guest to the kitchen. The sitting room should come before the dining. The dining is not a public space visitors are not supposed to HV access to that.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2017
mgbadike81:
one of the bedrooms lack cross ventilation.
Yea, i noticed that. I think this is because of plot is quite narrow. The land we are talking about here is long and narrow.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by supajizy(m): 7:53am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

See here

That's the survey plan. We don't HV the buildings dimensions. You an request for a site plan from whoever did that.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by kensokas(m): 7:54am On Jul 17, 2017
I don't like the idea of entering into a house through dinning
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by supajizy(m): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Yea, i noticed that. I think this is because of plot is quite narrow. The land we are talking about here is long and narrow.

All you need to do is increase the window size. Or double the windows. If I had the room dimensions would HV been able to recommend something.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2017
seunlayi:
I don't like this design, will help you upload on e
Why?
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by shams040(m): 8:00am On Jul 17, 2017
one of d bedroom is nt cross ventilated, u can recess it by 600mm to achieve dat.

Der is no connectivity btw b dinning nd kitchen.

contact me for d apptoval processing
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by EngrMarve(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2017
I am a civil engineer, check my signature, email me
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Godsaves18(m): 8:09am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Please contact me for the wiring bro. Godsaves Electrical Services is always at your service
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by princeifynicky(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2017
We can help in handling your Building, and bringing out the beauty in your plan.

You can like our page on facebook. www.facebook.com/ifynickybuildingcontractors
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by supajizy(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2017
EngrMarve:
I am a civil engineer, check my signature, email me
Baba swerve. Focus on roads and Bridges. Structurak design is ur work not construction. grin
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Barselonia(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Passing through d dinning before entering d main sitting room is not okay with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Houses You Will See Only In Lagos (Photos) / Fire Guts Club Medusa In Osogbo, Osun (Photos) / I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.