Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon (43151 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
the so called pastor is clearly a crook! but hey! his gullible and ignorant worshippers will still defend him even if they catch him red handed stealing from their wallets some would even believe it's a blessing that pastor is picking their pockets. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Topgainer:

Sounding always like Satanic apologetics. This is what they teach in the Prophetic ministries a.k.a the talknados, pampering immoral life, begging lawlessness and condoning excuses for below par behaviors. Some go extra length to say if one person goes out of this ministry god will bring 10. Didn't Jesus say be ye Perfect as your Father is perfect but the Prosperity false teachers and sorcerers inspired by the Beast teach "you can't be like Jesus because he is just too perfect" thereby promoting lackadaisical approach in the issue of resisting evil.
I think you are the guy I told to desist from teaching and spreading the alternative gospel when you were formulating all sorts to defend Apostle Suleman.

You summed up my thoughts accurately, I'm so proud there are Nigerians like you.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by xtivin(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
Thank you
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by obidaddy: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
Topgainer:

Sounding always like Satanic apologetics. This is what they teach in the Prophetic ministries a.k.a the talknados, pampering immoral life, begging lawlessness and condoning excuses for below par behaviors. Some go extra length to say if one person goes out of this ministry god will bring 10. Didn't Jesus say be ye Perfect as your Father is perfect but the Prosperity false teachers and sorcerers inspired by the Beast teach "you can't be like Jesus because he is just too perfect" thereby promoting lackadaisical approach in the issue of resisting evil.
I think you are the guy I told to desist from teaching and spreading the alternative gospel when you were formulating all sorts to defend Apostle Suleman.

Spot on! God bless you sir.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nutase:
You might actually be suffering from low self esteem? Work on yourself.

I was going to say the same thing. My bishop brags, it's not a big thing. They are all men. Who doesn't brag about his achievement. Yeah, some tend to overdo it and hence no longer being moderate as expected of Christians. If one feels a place isn't conducive for him or her, the best thing is to evacuate shaperly. Well, maybe I'm just talking from my own point of view. The thing is, some people u call perfect and are bragging, you don't know how some of them secretly cry in the secret because they have their own struggles and wishes too. They have only mastered the act of focusing on the achievement to forget the non-helpful.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by YelloweWest: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
He's not a pastor. He's a narcissist.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by shineeye1: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
OP's experience is commonplace in our churches today - unfortunately!!! That man should be anything but a pastor. Leadership in churches today has followed the worldly patterns where they act as overlords over God's flock. I have always said that personal success is a necessary but not sufficient qualification for leadership - especially spiritual leadership. A leader is a man who replicates and multiplies his personal success in his followers through painstaking mentoring, not making a showoff of his personal success. Braggarts are not leaders. The measure of your leadership success is determined by how many followers of your quality or higher quality you can produce.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Chuksdede(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
It is very wrong of him!!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Dhotseal(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]

Please quit being so bitter and strive to be the bet you can. What have u achieved by dragging your pastor to NL for other like minded haters like you to have a field day.

Be warned, the part of bitterness ends in pains and agony.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by luminouz(m): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
I guess u have an idea of why d church became a prison for me...it happens everywhere bro. . I was in d choir n u should see what I experienced... Such envy n jealousy in d house of d Lord!!!
I just kuku became a bench warmer n I use my voice at home!!!!
I can't shout!!!!
Churchiness is bullshiit..never proof ur a child of God.
My 2aliencents

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by xtivin(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
If truly you are a Christian you should know that washing the garment of your pastor online is bad, in as much as the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet but I feel strongly your pastor is moved in spirit that's why he does that,Nevertheless we should becareful on how we criticise this pastors so that those weak in the faith should not fall, maybe he is trying in the wrong way to encourage his members but let God judge us by our works.Regards
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by femi4: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
How can you have a PhD holder as the president of a school fellowship. I thought all school fellowship members are suppose to be undergraduates

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by obidaddy: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
xtivin:

If truly you are a Christian you should know that washing the garment of your pastor online is bad, in as much as the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet but I feel strongly your pastor is moved in spirit that's why he does that,Nevertheless we should becareful on how we criticise this pastors so that those weak in the faith should not fall, maybe he is trying in the wrong way to encourage his members but let God judge us by our works.Regards

Your summation makes my stomach churn at your brazen idiocy and reverence for mere men masquerading as prophets. Imagine!

"the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet"

Where did you get that from?, in the Holy Bible?
My friend i pity for you, you can go ahead to defend them so called men of God thinking you are earning yourself blessings by fighting God's fight. Many of these pastorprenuers even preach heavily against criticizing "anointed" men of god, which apparently has hooked you.

Next poo you will say is "touch not my anointed" and of course Mathew 7.

You can go to hell by quoting or replying me. Church mumu! Pastor Maga!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nutase:
You might actually be suffering from low self esteem? Work on yourself.
please do elaborate how he is surfering from low esteem, Doctor grin. man is concerned his pastor is a thief, infact he just woke up from a deep religious slumber and your diagnosis are low esteem? grin grin

could you diagnose my illness please? what am i surfering from? Gbrrrrŕrrrr!

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by sirwallax: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
saw pastor Tunde bakare did something like that on his puppet on TV yesterday. but his was more of inspirational not bragging.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by YelloweWest: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Malolu:

I was going to say the same thing. My bishop brags, it's not a big thing. They are all men. Who doesn't brag about his achievement. Yeah, some tend to overdo it and hence no longer being moderate as expected of Christians. If one feels a place isn't conducive for him or her, the best thing is to evacuate shaperly. Well, maybe I'm just talking from my own point of view. The thing is, some people u call perfect and are bragging, you don't know how some of them secretly cry in the secret because they have their own struggles and wishes too. They have only mastered the act of focusing on the achievement to forget the non-helpful.
Did our Lord Jesus brag
Hope u know bragging is a result of pride. What does the bible says about pride??
our Lord Jesus never boasted of his power as the son of God.
Christ was humble and meek!
Don't make excuses for these men... don't follow what anyone says.
Follow the teachings of Christ. If u do, there will be no room for pride.
A true Christian can only make boast in the fact that he/she is serving the Almighty God. That's all!

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
These baboons people will see this thread and still go on Sunday and begged him to take their money grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Lalas247(f): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
This is why I stick to Catholic
Meanwhile TB Josh has Helicopter lipsrsealed
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by YelloweWest: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
owoleola:
Run away from any pastor or prophets whose messages are centered on the benefits of this world.
Ringwood very far...
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Onnasucs1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
sexybbstar:
Pastors like that will not cease to be on this earth. One have to be careful of which church one worships in.

Some pastors are there to elevate your spiritual life while some are there to bring it down. That's why I don't attach myself to pastors of any church I attend...I study my Bible privately, organize prayers for myself, I don't need a pastor to tell me when to fast.

I came into this world alone and I will give account of my earthly works alone.
@ the bolded, what are/is the reason(s) for fasting?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by shineeye1: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dhotseal:

Please quit being so bitter and strive to be the bet you can. What have u achieved by dragging your pastor to NL for other like minded haters like you to have a field day.

Be warned, the part of bitterness ends in pains and agony.

I don't think his account is borne from bitterness. On the contrary, I consider it a sincere account of a follower who has not been inspired by his leader. It is an unbiased account of today's sad realities about leadership.

OP's experience is commonplace in our churches today - unfortunately!!! That man should be anything but a pastor. Leadership in churches today has followed the worldly patterns where they act as overlords over God's flock. I have always said that personal success is a necessary but not sufficient qualification for leadership - especially spiritual leadership. A leader is a man who replicates and multiplies his personal success in his followers through painstaking mentoring, not making a showoff of his personal success. Braggarts are not leaders. The measure of your leadership success is determined by how many followers of your quality or higher quality you can produce.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
shineeye1:
May God bless you for this comment my brother

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by geoworldedu: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
davo90tico:

how do u give something to God and still call it your own, but I don't see you calling the money u receive from God's blessings God's own. read Malachi 3:8-10 for clarification
I am not receiving any blessing from your own god. Amadioha is my own god and thunder fire any god that's interested in my money.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
xtivin:
God bless you
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benita27:
Let me say you don't like the church you're in. You won't tell me that if your pastor says you all should fast for 2 days, you'll rather ignore his instructions and fast when you think is right for you. That's disobedience by the way which doesn't show you obey God's words.

You are intellingent.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by litaninja(m): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lol. Christian sheep...

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Onnasucs1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Op, you were attending a zoo every Sunday, thank God you ran. smiley

In the book of Job, the bible refer to such pastors as darkners of counsel

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Earthquake1: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Very soon, religion would be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Then half of world's problems would have been solved.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by geoworldedu: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Silentscreamer:
I like dat pastor. He knows most nigerians are gullible and he's cashing in big time on their gullibility.
As in eeh cheesy grin
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by xtivin(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
obidaddy:

Your summation makes my stomach churn at your brazen idiocy and reverence for mere men masquerading as prophets. Imagine!

My friend i pity for you, you can go ahead to defend them so called men of God thinking you are earning yourself blessings by fighting God's fight. Many of these pastorprenuers even preach heavily against criticizing "anointed" men of god, which apparently has hooked you.

1cor 14:32 and the spirit of the prophet are subject to the prophet. There is no point arguing with you but you can't judge a matter in when you have not heard both side, leave pastors and face God and his ordinances. am not a pastor but let's not judge people because we ourselves are not perfect
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
obidaddy:

Have you forgotten the story of Moses and Miriam? Moses was wrong yet he was pardon while Miram was struck with Leprosy. Yahweh is not a respecter of any person so it's better you leave such church or don't attend at all that go against his prophets
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Peterosky(m): 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Silentscreamer:
I like dat pastor. He knows most nigerians are gullible and he's cashing in big time on their gullibility.
.Your moniker make sense. But i enjoy it more when you scream a little louder. Just try it and see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions / Little Boy Branded A Witch In Uyo, Abandoned On The Streets (Disturbing Photos) / Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.