Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,747 members, 7,837,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon (43148 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
GeoSpatial:
@Op, you are not good at doing your homework, haven't you read it in your Bible that you shouldn't bring your case before unbelievers? Or you think all folks here on nairaland share your faith? Of course no. My conclusion, every warrior is a weakly to something and for you to have noticed such a number of faults in your pastor, while that your pastor needs spiritual dialysis, you also equally need spiritual antibiotics against fault finding in men of God. God bless you.
I don't need any antibiotics for faulting a man of God. I have not come to ridicule anybody but to make other Christians to be very careful of acclaimed men of God of today

The truth of the matter is that, until we start bringing men of God with questionable dispositions to justice, part of Nigeria problems would solved

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by xtivin(m): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
What are you really saying? Instead of you advise people that they should be very mindful of the kind of preaching the digest so that they would not be lead astray, you're saying it's the power of God that's leading the pastor to mislead the children of God

What is really wrong with Nigerians gan sef? Why do most of you become senseless the moment the issue of religion is discussed?
Am not defending the pastor or against him. But bros as a Christian let's not bring out our leaders to public to be crucified, it has great consequences. Now this topic is on FP because that's the type of things people against the faith love to hear, people that want to grow in the faith may backslide seeing this which is bad for you and the kingdom of God. One love sir
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by lamalang(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
bros leave that church look for another one
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nathanieloo7(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
In my former church my pastor we start church 8am to 12pm # pastor will preach about his wealth frm 8am to 11am
#11am to after 12 is for offering nd closing
mind u we av general offering,sitting down offering,youth offering and more
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nathanieloo7(m): 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
In my former church my pastor we start church 8am to 12pm # pastor will preach about his wealth frm 8am to 11am
#11am to after 12 is for offering nd closing
mind u we av general offering,sitting down offering,youth offering and more
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
toyetade:

There is nothing childish about it. This is the problems we face today. Pastors collecting tithes and offering from poor people and boasting that they are rich, Pastors putting themselve in place of God, it is only by sharing this kind of knowledge that false prophet can be discovered and we don't fall into their antics. Don't throw away your brain because you are a Christian
Hahaha funny u cheesy
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Topgainer: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
Themandator:

I think you have problems distinguishing between word play and standard name or term for phenomenons. You wrote, it is called which implies a universally accepted and known term for a particular behaviour... Then you claim of what they say in such places is an abuse of intelligence and facts ..... Until you have fact this is what he said about your property to godliness theory , you are speaking ignorantly and should not be advertising same as opinion on forums

Go there and get facts raypthrr than assumed you know what you don't know ..... I have no issue with who you are criticising but but whether your statement is intelligent enough.
I am not contending for standards in anyway like I have said earlier. I think your appreciation of your level of intelligence failed you when you suggested .the bold. I will never be there again for the reasons I have stated in my various posts.
I also think you picked offence with my mentioning of your darling Bishop like most sheeples do. So continue listening to boastful IMF/Worldbank sermons.
Have a nice evening.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Richy4(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
I have not brought him here to ridicule him but to make other Christians to be very careful of the sermon they digest

Anyway, I faced hell while we were there and I'm glad I have left there for good

So you guys doesn't have suggestion box..
All these things u wrote here should have been penciled down and drop in suggestion box so that he can know where he was getting it wrong
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by xtivin(m): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
toyetade:

There is nothing childish about it. This is the problems we face today. Pastors collecting tithes and offering from poor people and boasting that they are rich, Pastors putting themselve in place of God, it is only by sharing this kind of knowledge that false prophet can be discovered and we don't fall into their antics. Don't throw away your brain because you are a Christian
Religion and philosophy are different, sometimes things of the spirit doesn't need brain. For instance, we are in the middle of a wedding and we ran out of wine, then a man came in and told us to go and fetch water, does it make sense??, or the tax officers are about to arrest us and somebody tells another to go catch a fish and bring money, who does that??, I can go on and on. Listen forget logic when you talk of religion

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by edkai: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good evening nairalanders...please pardon me everyone for posting this here. I need a favour from you guys.Please help me provide some support for one of my protégés. Her name is Ayeni Olohije and she is contesting for a scholarship position at The Royal Arts Academy to study as a movie director courtesy Emem Isong. Please she needs your vote. Help her take a step closer to reaching her dreams. As her teacher, I can boldly vouch for her. Today is the last day of voting. This is very urgent She won't disappoint if given this opportunity. 
Thank you in advance for your support and may God favour you in your time of need.
Here's her link. Just follow and click vote. You may also drop a comment below her profile if you are led to.
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Themandator: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]

With this your style of writing and grammar na Pastor with PhD and gifted children dey envy you taaaa

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Malolu:

Yeah of course, I am only making comments based on the main lines I read on his narrative. He wasn't condemning his pastor in quote, but letting us know he makes them feel uncomfortable because they haven't achieved the same thing. I don't approve of the pastor's behavior, a lot of men of God are like that these days, whereas they are actually empty.
Only a few of you can comprehend my write-up. I never ridiculed nor castigated him. Even though he offended me big time and failed to apologize due to his ego, I even forgave him and left the fellowship peace

I'm only trying to let people know that they need to be very careful of what they digest

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 400billionman: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
xtivin:
If truly you are a Christian you should know that washing the garment of your pastor online is bad, in as much as the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet but I feel strongly your pastor is moved in spirit that's why he does that,Nevertheless we should becareful on how we criticise this pastors so that those weak in the faith should not fall, maybe he is trying in the wrong way to encourage his members but let God judge us by our works.Regards

Noted !
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Vajose:
This Tosyne would do worse if and when he becomes a Pastor. Hw do you claim to know better than a Ph.D holder? Who and what circumstance puts you in that position. It is people like you that cause the body of Christ ridicule. If you have ur personal issues with the Pastor, why not call his attention to them and have them resolved. Why resolve to public scrutiny and crucification. You also need to mind what your reasons for church going are. The man gives you positives from his family and prrsonal experiences to motivate you and the flock, and all you do is find faults in him. One needs not look too far off, for the Judas' in our lives.

quote author=Benita27 post=58508384 .
Can you point to where I opined that I know more than him? :-/

And yes, you can have a dept of knowledge more than a PhD holder even as an undergraduate (in exception to his field of study)

Or are you trying to say that there are no floor members that know the Bible better than daddy Adeboye?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by davo90tico(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
400billionman:

The tithe is not meant only for Pastors.

Tithe is meant for the priests, needy, sick, orphan, widows and strangers. Read Deuteronomy 26:12

I don't know the kind of orthodoxy you people practice. Pulpit orthodoxy.

Okay, if its not my tithe, it is pastor's tithe abi ?

For your mind, that Malachi is the only passage that speaks of tithe because your pastor uses it often because it favours him.

Read also Matthew 23:23

why don't u open ur own church since u speak about pastors like they r crap
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Themandator: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Topgainer:

I am not contending for standards in anyway like I have said earlier. I think your appreciation of your level of intelligence failed you when you suggested .the bold. I will never be there again for the reasons I have stated in my various posts.
I also think you picked offence with my mentioning of your darling Bishop like most sheeples do. So continue listening to boastful IMF/Worldbank sermons.
Have a nice evening.

Where did I pick the offence , ground or from your desk? That church won't miss you , certainly not with your level of intelligence ... Your word , whether written or spoken is an expression of your inner worth and to judge you on this syllabus of error you splash on this forum as post and contribution tI would conclude that your pastor tolerated a mediocre like you for too long up close to the point of you trying to make imputs into critical issues of administration
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
xtivin:

Religion and philosophy are different, sometimes things of the spirit doesn't need brain. For instance, we are in the middle of a wedding and we ran out of wine, then a man came in and told us to go and fetch water, does it make sense??, or the tax officers are about to arrest us and somebody tells another to go catch a fish and bring money, who does that??, I can go on and on. Listen forget logic when you talk of religion

This is why they say you are gullible. So many false teachers and prophets in town. The bible say we should search all things and we should be as wise as serpent. You need Godly wisdom. There is nothing spiritual in paying your tithes to a Pastor who ride in latest cars and fashion including Private Jet.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Chief Judge
Why you bring up my pic nah? cheesy
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
matrixme:
what are you still doing under such an atmosphere? if the pastor likes, let him be headed to hell, it's you that will determine that he won't take you along. Alot of charlatans in the body of Christ these days, sharing God's glory.
Quick Advise: run away!!
My spiritual life became soiled during my fellowship there. Thank God I'm out of there sha. My only concern are those baby Christians who find themselves there
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by ssuccess(m): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]

Yet you pay offering every Sunday ba.

Why bot Channel this tithe and offering directly to the less priviledged
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Richy4:

So you guys doesn't have suggestion box..
All these things u wrote here should have been penciled down and drop in suggestion box so that he can know where he was getting it wrong
The suggestion box was later removed

Let me tell you something shocking. There was a time graduating students were leaving, on the last Sunday, each of them started giving remarks about the pastor, the wife and the workers

People were only hyping the pastor but were not bold enough to tell him his flaws. Could you believe that only a guy was bold enough to tell him that boasting of his accomplishments and that of his children is not a good trait of church head and the whole church was happy that someone could be bold enough to tell it to his face, but the wife quickly took the microphone from him after this negative remarks to defend her husband saying it's not against the scriptures to be doing all that and that he only says those things to ginger us into greatness. Can you just imagine?

My brother, with the rate of irregularities I'm churches lately, churches are now becoming more of nuisance than salvation
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Akolawole(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Tell us why you like or enjoy most in the church.

Has the man EVEN be doing this before?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
Themandator:

With this your style of writing and grammar na Pastor with PhD and gifted children dey envy you taaaa
It's not me but other people. He stepped my friend down as a prayer coordinator because he can handle the prayer better than him

I only summarized few of the atrocities that I saw there. They are so numerous bro
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by bejeria101(m): 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Better leave him and the church,let him boast to empty chairs maybe he would learn.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by pweetiedee(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
sparko1:

What? Which Bible are you reading, 'if your pastor says you all should fast and you ignore him its disobedience', your pastor is not God and besides fasting is not part of the commandments. Fast anytime you want.

Abi o.

those pastors that with tell church members to fast and will go home and eat catfish pepper soup.

I don't fast. I pray and I thank God for never leaving me.

God is so good. His mercy endures forever.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by shine12: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
There are plenty of them are like that.

I've heard worse bro!.

They are very autocratic and their executive power overrules everyone's thinking faculty.

When you stand in their way, they see you as a threat and before you know it, a vision will be seen by him and his cohorts againtst you whereby you turned into a snake, obviously the "snake" story will facilitate your end at the church.

For you to be in their books you must loose every form of dignity you have, loose your brain and submit to them.

That will qualify you to be seen as an anointed woman or man.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Topgainer: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Themandator:

Where did I pick the offence , ground or from your desk? That church won't miss you , certainly not with your level of intelligence ... Your word , whether written or spoken is an expression of your inner worth and to judge you on this syllabus of error you splash on this forum as post and contribution tI would conclude that your pastor tolerated a mediocre like you for too long up close to the point of you trying to make imputs into critical issues of administration
Thanks
'One of me goes 10 more sheeples flock in' Continue serving the devil with your over bloated self worth. Stick to the topic and leave intelligence matter. I can see how hurting it feels to be a worshipper of a cunning Bishop whose boastful statements have been x-rayed over and over. It might interest you to know that the IMF goof is not the first time. By now many Nigerians who called him out would have been struck by mouth odour if his boastings amounted to anything. The internet will not forget in a hurry that the keys to Hell's gate belong to a Nigerian Bishop who threatened to open it against those opposed to his preferred candidate in 2015. Should we also forget that this same Bishop slapped a young lady just because she was poor. Will he have assaulted Buhari's daughter? Is that how other Bishops conduct deliverance assuming the lady was a witch and needed one?
I will never worship your Boastful Bishop or any of his protégés with you? Sorry about that.
I forgot to remind you to revisit your own posts for errors, you are not yet advanced in your use of English. While you parade yourself as intelligent endeavor to stick to the topic next time.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
Akolawole:
Tell us why you like or enjoy most in the church.

Has the man EVEN be doing this before?
Most pastors of this generation are very greenish in nature unknown to you that they can never bear fruits. This is just the same analogy with the tree that Jesus cursed the moment he came close to it and that was when he noticed that the tree has only been deceiving people even though it can't bear fruits

However, many pastors of today are very greenish from far but when you get to know their true nature, you would see that they are synonymous to the tree cursed by Jesus

I have always seen him to be very greenish until I got close to him
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 9jatatafo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Judgement belongs to God Almighty alone. Every man will be judged according to his works
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benita27:
So you don't go to church 'cause you came to this world alone?.

You don't need Church to make Heaven, that's what millions of Nigerian christians don't know. I am sure Mahatma Gandhi didn't go to church but he was a good man. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to us, we find God ourselves, Church won't help us find God. We should really stop this thinking that going to Church everyday will help us in the race for heaven because it won't.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Themandator:

The spirit of pride is working in you but the most unfortunate is that it has lied to you that you read you Bible even though from your statement it is obvious you don't know anything about the Bible .... Everyone of us has a pastor over his life ... Have you ever seen this my statement in the Bible you claim to read for yourself?

What are you talking about. This is why Nigeria will remain stagnant. Who told you everyone needs a pastor over his life? Oh My God, Do you read the Bible? You don't need no pastor over your life. The race to heaven is about You, You, and You!! What your pastor will do is to sow the seed in you. That's why Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us, not pastor.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Topgainer: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Themandator:

tosyne2much
Plz permit me to reply the Mr grammer once again.
I thought he was an English teacher I can learn a thing or two from until I went through his posts. My verdict is that this Themandator is not an advanced English Student as he may want everybody on this forum to believe. There is nothing special about his use of English as his posts in many other subjects on this forum are replete with errors be it typographical as he will soon come to make of it or structural, he is error prone. But the more dangerous error is his defence of the IMF -wanna --be alternative gospel peddlers. I think that was the genesis of his diversionary games.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions / Little Boy Branded A Witch In Uyo, Abandoned On The Streets (Disturbing Photos) / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.