Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,501 members, 7,840,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon (43161 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by GeoSpatial(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
I don't need any antibiotics for faulting a man of God. I have not come to ridicule anybody but to make other Christians to be very careful of acclaimed men of God of today

The truth of the matter is that, until we start bringing men of God with questionable dispositions to justice, part of Nigeria problems would solved
Jesus said...In the beginning, it was not so. The mind of God to his children is written in Philippian 3:10. The era of spiritual intermediary is gone. God bless you.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by darediamond(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
You all church goers call for all these.

You are all miracle seekers as if that is the sign of true Christian. Jesus miracles are performed out of pity for people. Are those guys you called "men of God" moved with such feelings too for the misled followers. Can you see such in any even your Pastor Adeboye and others in his class??
Love is what the bible says that will be the sign to identify true Christians. Also, they will not take part in Politics of whatever form. Can you say thatbof those Wovels you people call "men of God"?

Jesus go about to preach from house to house and taught is disciples to do the same. When last did you see your current respected pastor and all other ones with high-sounding titles do that?

No one is "man of God" in the new order of things ushered in by Jesus Christ via is death on The Tortured Stake but rather Sons of God and or brothers and sisters because we have the Complete Set Word of God to speak to us.

Please do not anyone fool you. God does not change but is requirements does change as that was caused by our first Parents Error.

Read the Bible yourself especially Apostle Paul's letter to congregations across the then known world. He in one letter told Congregational appointed Elders never to Lord there position over there members of the Congregation. But can that be said of so called "men of God" today?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by romandiaz(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Make I sit for front role. Who go join me.$ grin cheesy in case he reach frontpage optional1 come join me for sit. tongue tongue tongue
.....optional1 will join you when you realise that it is "row" and not "role"....! angry
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2017
Holyrule:
You failed to mention name of the Church, location and name of pastor. Would like to see and hear for myself
Let both the name of the church and pastor remain anonymous. Like I said earlier, I don't intend to tarnish any body's image
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2017
darediamond:

You all church goers call for all these.

You are all miracle seekers as if that is the sign of true Christian. Jesus miracles are performed out of pity for people. Are those guys you called "men of God" moved with such feelings too for the misled followers. Can you see such in any even your Pastor Adeboye and others in his class??
Love is what the bible says that will be the sign to identify true Christians. Also, they will not take part in Politics of whatever form. Can you say thatbof those Wovels you people call "men of God"?

Jesus go about to preach from house to house and taught is disciples to do the same. When last did you see your current respected pastor and all other ones with high-sounding titles do that?

No one is "man of God" in the new order of things ushered in by Jesus Christ via is death on The Tortured Stake but rather Sons of God and or brothers and sisters because we have the Complete Set Word of God to speak to us.

Please do not anyone fool you. God does not change but is requirements does change as that was caused by our first Parents Error.

Read the Bible yourself especially Apostle Paul's letter to congregations across the then known world. He in one letter told Congregational appointed Elders never to Lord there position over there members of the Congregation. But can that be said of so called "men of God" today?

Hmmmm.. Nice one bro

The church of God has now become something else. May God open the eyes of gullible Christians
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2017
oshaosha2014:
Na that PhD dey worry am.
That one is even none of my business. The only thing I'm after is that those traits will only mislead children of God
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2017
Themandator:

The kingdom of God is not in words but power.... If you know better you will represent the kingdom better.

My dear, God is not a waster of resources and therefore wouldn't put you under a man you know better than as your shepherd ... Only your pride has told you that you are better not the spirit of God
What pride are you talking about?

That I made a contribution in church and he outrightly embarrassed me by telling me to keep quiet. How does that relate to pride?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:42am On Aug 01, 2017
gemale:

He didn't justify IMO. He's just trying to say that the pastor is also a man hence, he isn't perfect. We need to stop looking unto men of God & start looking unto God. Cursed is any man who leans on the arm of flesh. The little time i've spent in my walk with God has shown me how imperfect & weak i am hence how can i judge another human being? The Op should have tried calling the man aside & telling him respectfully what he has observed. Who knows if God would have used him to call the man to order? If not, at least he would have done his part.
My brother, favoritism thrives in this fellowship I'm talking about and I'm obviously not his favourite, so how do you expect me to call him to order that those traits are not good for a spiritual leader?

When I return home after school and worshipped in my church, I felt like something has been missing in my life for a very long time and I wish I could uproot my church and plant it in school
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by gemale(m): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
My brother, favoritism thrives in this fellowship I'm talking about and I'm obviously not his favourite, so how do you expect me to call him to order that those traits are not good for a spiritual leader

When I got home after school and worshipped in my church, I was so happy with how the sermon was preached and I wish I could carry my church to school and start hearing sermons that will help my spiritual growth
You ask if you can speak with him alone concerning something bothering you & without sounding judgemental admonish him to desist from those undesirable traits citing scripture to encourage him to talk more about God than himself. Remind him that we all are nothing but beneficiaries & stewards of grace and nothing we have is by power or might but by the Spirit of God. Mt chapter 6 should be referred to as a reminder for him not to showcase his piety before men as all we do is the service of God, who is our ultimate rewarder. Don't forget to pray asking the Holy Spirit to minister through you and to soften his heart before approaching him. Don't try & argue with him. If he acts headstrong, deliver your message quickly & keep quiet afterwards. Hear him out & when he finishes, take your leave. Most of all, put him in prayer.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2017
gemale:

You ask if you can speak with him alone concerning something bothering you & without sounding judgemental admonish him to desist from those undesirable traits citing scripture to encourage him to talk more about God than himself. Don't forget to pray asking the Holy Spirit to minister through you and to soften his heart. Don't try & argue with him. If he acts headstrong, deliver your message & keep quiet afterwards. Hear him out & when he finished, take your leave. Most of all, put him in prayer.
I have learnt to start being careful before deciding where to fellowship. Things are happening my brother

Some may think this is slander but it's because they have no idea of the anomalies I observed in the church of God
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by enemyofprogress: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

I resemble, eleko1? angry angry angry
God forbid bad thing,eleko1 na man nau,I be gay?abeg stop am o,come inside and scrub my back for me with that your succulent palm
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Fearcom(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2017
Topgainer:
It is called Psychological workup. I think it was introduced to Nigeria by Archbishop Benson Idahosa and his proteges use the same to force their followers to fall in line.
It is simple method but works largely on people who are enticed by association of money otherwise called prosperity to godliness. It is exactly the method that the Bishop who prophesied he will become richer than Paris club, IMF or World bank while counting on his sheeples to make that happen is using. Some persons actually like those few minutes they are worked up into believing they too can boast of money, traveling from one big city to another, owning estates and building massive structures, just by sowing seed to the Bishop and helping the Bishop boast more.

Hold it right there.

I listened to that same message and I heard that same Bishop. He said a lot of things but you picked up that phrase, out of all the things he said and made it stand alone and you have now used it against him.

That's manipulation.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Analee(f): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
daz y daddy OPM alwaz emphasis if church cannot change u,wat do u do?change church.simple!no plenty grammar.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]

run for your life ooo

besides if you care about him you should intercede for him
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
well since you left the fellowship its still good

try check up on him .... its good to go after lost Christians just be careful
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're not far from the truth

really that the op has low self esteem .... I doubt that,..... if those qualities of the pastor is true then u judged wrongly
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You that's typing this, are you perfect? Are you 100% sinless? If you can't remove the log in your eyes then forget about removing from other persons. He who's without sin should throw the stone first. You're type that always condemn preachers yet commit worst sin in the closet. No man can ever be like Jesus because he's just too perfect. I will defend Suleman anytime anyday because I know him too well. Arch bishop Benson idahosa of blessed memory did similar thing for Christians by defending so Suleman own wasn't exceptional.it's only a fool that would believe a thrash from a prostitute peddling lies in the name of love. I have followed Suleman from beginning and I know him too well both physically and spiritually.

lolz I'm not against anybody ..... but you saying you know him spiritually I can't decipher could you explain if you don't mind
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
Topgainer:
It is called Psychological workup. I think it was introduced to Nigeria by Archbishop Benson Idahosa and his proteges use the same to force their followers to fall in line.
It is simple method but works largely on people who are enticed by association of money otherwise called prosperity to godliness. It is exactly the method that the Bishop who prophesied he will become richer than Paris club, IMF or World bank while counting on his sheeples to make that happen is using. Some persons actually like those few minutes they are worked up into believing they too can boast of money, traveling from one big city to another, owning estates and building massive structures, just by sowing seed to the Bishop and helping the Bishop boast more.

nice I don't know much about the name you gave it ... but it's associated with new age teachings
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by sshalom(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
The pastor in discourse doesn't understand the context of his calling. He is also insecure and lack self-esteem. This explains why he must show off his accomplishments to communicate his intelligence or superiority.

Actually what he needs is prayers to enable him have proper perspective of his calling and the role he is expected to play in the lives of those GOD has called him to serve.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by davo90tico(m): 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
400billionman:

I respect all pastors..
Why will u speak about them that way if u respect them then?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
sshalom:
The pastor in discourse doesn't understand the context of his calling. He is also insecure and lack self-esteem. This explains why he must show off his accomplishments to communicate his intelligence or superiority.

Actually what he needs is prayers to enable him have proper perspective of his calling and the role he is expected to play in the lives of those GOD has called him to serve.
This is what I expect to see rather than people raining curses for clearly speaking out what was wrong
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Lex11(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; ... 1 Tim 3
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by vatiqan(m): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:
Tosyne, it's outright childishness to bring your pastor here to be criticised. I doubt if some of you read your bibles very well. I wouldn't be in such a church for any reason 'cause it's obvious the man derives joy in bragging and the bible also said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". I guess you're already convinced he isn't doing it right, so why are you still worshipping in the church?.

you must be maed, but you have no one to tell you so.

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ferisidowu:

lolz I'm not against anybody ..... but you saying you know him spiritually I can't decipher could you explain if you don't mind
Even if I explain you would still not understand
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by holyfather(m): 11:02am On Aug 28, 2017
sexybbstar:

I go to church every Sunday, but I'm not so attached to the pastors in terms of spiritual activities.

You're just full of yourself.
You'll keep hearing it... But remember I told you.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2017
holyfather:

You're just full of yourself. You'll keep hearing it... But remember I told you.
Ok Sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / Little Boy Branded A Witch In Uyo, Abandoned On The Streets (Disturbing Photos) / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.