Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,416 members, 7,839,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon (43153 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosinjay(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
Is that one a pastor. Another opposite of Christ. Una sef dey gullible. Gone are those days. Mundane things of life nai a whole pastor wey suppose dey preach against dey use intimidate people.

In the reality of it he's not a giver, he could be a philanthropist to the world but whatever you give and boast about is void.
The bible says what your right hand gives your left must not know. Then how would the person who's supposed to preach it be the one full of it. Iranu these days.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by mmsen: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
If you haven't already left his church then you are the problem.

You can see this man is poison and yet you keep going to his church.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Destined2win: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
sexybbstar:
Pastors like that will not cease to be on this earth. One have to be careful of which church one worships in.

Some pastors are there to elevate your spiritual life while some are there to bring it down. That's why I don't attach myself to pastors of any church I attend.. I study my Bible privately, organize prayers for myself, I don't need a pastor to tell me when to fast.

I came into this world alone and I will give account of my earthly works alone.
You are an exceptional young lady.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by GeoSpatial(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
@Op, you are not good at doing your homework, haven't you read it in your Bible that you shouldn't bring your case before unbelievers? Or you think all folks here on nairaland share your faith? Of course no. My conclusion, every warrior is a weakly to something and for you to have noticed such a number of faults in your pastor, while that your pastor needs spiritual dialysis, you also equally need spiritual antibiotics against fault finding in men of God. God bless you.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benita27:
Tosyne, it's outright childishness to bring your pastor here to be criticised. I doubt if some of you read your bibles very well. I wouldn't be in such a church for any reason 'cause it's obvious the man derives joy in bragging and the bible also said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". I guess you're already convinced he isn't doing it right, so why are you still worshipping in the church?.
There is nothing childish about it. This is the problems we face today. Pastors collecting tithes and offering from poor people and boasting that they are rich, Pastors putting themselve in place of God, it is only by sharing this kind of knowledge that false prophet can be discovered and we don't fall into their antics. Don't throw away your brain because you are a Christian

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by josite: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
Topgainer:
It is called Psychological workup. I think it was introduced to Nigeria by Archbishop Benson Idahosa and his proteges use the same to force their followers to fall in line.
It is simple method but works largely on people who are enticed by association of money otherwise called prosperity to godliness. It is exactly the method that the Bishop who prophesied he will become richer than Paris club, IMF or World bank while counting on his sheeples to make that happen is using. Some persons actually like those few minutes they are worked up into believing they too can boast of money, traveling from one big city to another, owning estates and building massive structures, just by sowing seed to the Bishop and helping the Bishop boast more.

you got it too right.it is Benson idahosa that started it and the honest ,painful truth is these prosperity preachers are not haring heaven as their priority.All their messages are earthbound and will only make you more endeared and tied to this earth and leave you bereft of the desire to go to heaven.he that make haste to be rich wll not be innocent.decades ago ,oyedepo said on tape all his investments are in Christ and he has no single kobo shares in any company ,only for a stockbroking firm to sue him for commission on million of shares sold on hos behalf.i was shocked.we were asked to sow to expand gospel,they use the money to set up profit making companies and schools and the profit goes to the mr and mrs pastor and yet mr fasheru of kicc still ask for money to preach the gospel on the tv.why cant money from school fee be used to pay for televangelism.merchandisers of the anointing,GOD IS INDEED A PATIENT GOD.we pooled money to roof church for god ,before we know it ,church premises transformed to fee paying classrooms.

5 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Vajose: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
This Tosyne would do worse if and when he becomes a Pastor. Hw do you claim to know better than a Ph.D holder? Who and what circumstance puts you in that position. It is people like you that cause the body of Christ ridicule. If you have ur personal issues with the Pastor, why not call his attention to them and have them resolved. Why resolve to public scrutiny and crucification. You also need to mind what your reasons for church going are. The man gives you positives from his family and prrsonal experiences to motivate you and the flock, and all you do is find faults in him. One needs not look too far off, for the Judas' in our lives.

quote author=Benita27 post=58508384]Tosyne, it's outright childishness to bring your pastor here to be criticised. I doubt if some of you read your bibles very well. I wouldn't be in such a church for any reason 'cause it's obvious the man derives joy in bragging and the bible also said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". I guess you're already convinced he isn't doing it right, so why are you still worshipping in the church?.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
YelloweWest:

Did our Lord Jesus brag
Hope u know bragging is a result of pride. What does the bible says about pride??
our Lord Jesus never boasted of his power as the son of God.
Christ was humble and meek!
Don't make excuses for these men... don't follow what anyone says.
Follow the teachings of Christ. If u do, there will be no room for pride.
A true Christian can only make boast in the fact that he/she is serving the Almighty God. That's all!

Yeah of course, I am only making comments based on the main lines I read on his narrative. He wasn't condemning his pastor in quote, but letting us know he makes them feel uncomfortable because they haven't achieved the same thing. I don't approve of the pastor's behavior, a lot of men of God are like that these days, whereas they are actually empty.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by calabardick(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
end time pastor grin
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by kaymical(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
owoleola:
Run away from any pastor or prophets whose messages are centered on the benefits of this world.
abi
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by xtivin(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
toyetade:

There is nothing childish about it. This is the problems we face today. Pastors collecting tithes and offering from poor people and boasting that they are rich, Pastors putting themselve in place of God, it is only by sharing this kind of knowledge that false prophet can be discovered and we don't fall into their antics. Don't throw away your brain because you are a Christian
The laws of God and and the thinking of men are enemity with each other and doesn't always make sense,thats one. The economics of God is different from the one Okonjo-Iweala knows, that's two. There is a spiritual wisdom that sound so foolish to common men. Finally, the priest live on things brought to the temple. Leave tithers and their foolishness sir
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by koolaid87: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
Most of them embarked on such path when their Sheepie gave them the benefit of doubt that without luxurious lifestyles, you ain't truly called.

Christianity is not about wealth, it's about winning souls for Christ and having an unconditional love for humanity. However, when you truly serve God, wealth comes along but shouldn't be one's priority.

I'm so happy that judgement starts at the house of God
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Topgainer: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
Themandator:

Just to make this unintelligible contribution you have invented or constructed an equally unintelligible phrase, psychological workup. ...What is the meaning of prosperity to godliness... Long strings of words with no sensible deductions able to be made out of.
I can use and play with words as I deem fit. But I think you took offence because I mentioned a Bishop who prophesied he will become richer than IMF/worldbank. He is rich no doubt, from the endless seeds and tithes he is extracting from his Nigerian followers but boasting about his projected riches is a miscalculation. Assuming, all Nigerians are deceived into sowing seeds to him, he still can't come close to IMF. Not even with all his followers deceived into sowing 100% of their salary to him will he become Worldbank. It is all Boastings and the ungodly form of it.
The coined Prosperity to godliness, is an abridged statement. They say in such places that friends of gods are known by the money they boast of. The cursed of god are the have-nots, the poor can't be righteous and can't be a friend of the gods of such commission. To them to be prosperous means a person is godly, such a godly person sows big seeds, pay tithes to the IMF- to -be Bishop in hard currency and comes out every Sunday to testify that he is godly because he is prosperous.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
Silentscreamer:
I like dat pastor. He knows most nigerians are gullible and he's cashing in big time on their gullibility.

How can you judge the person you haven't met
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 400billionman: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benita27:
Tosyne, it's outright childishness to bring your pastor here to be criticised. I doubt if some of you read your bibles very well. I wouldn't be in such a church for any reason 'cause it's obvious the man derives joy in bragging and the bible also said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". I guess you're already convinced he isn't doing it right, so why are you still worshipping in the church?.

You should have overlooked the childish thread nah.

Or you childish too ?

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Read your Bible, be good to people and most importantly try not to cheat anyone. God's grace will see us through
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Themandator: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
Topgainer:

I can use and play with words as I deem fit. But I think you took offence because I mentioned a Bishop who prophesied he will become richer than IMF/worldbank. He is rich no doubt, from the endless seeds and tithes he is extracting from his Nigerian followers but boasting about his projected riches is a miscalculation. Assuming, all Nigerians are deceived into sowing seeds to him, he still can't come close to IMF. Not even with all his followers deceived into sowing 100% of their salary to him will he become Worldbank. It is all Boastings and the ungodly form of it.
The coined Prosperity to godliness, is an abridged statement. They say in such places that friends of gods are known by the money they boast of. The cursed of god are the have-nots, the poor can't be righteous and can't be a friend of the gods of such commission. To them to be prosperous means a person is godly, such a godly person sows big seeds, pay tithes to the IMF- to -be Bishop in hard currency and comes out every Sunday to testify that he is godly because he is prosperous.

I think you have problems distinguishing between word play and standard name or term for phenomenons. You wrote, it is called which implies a universally accepted and known term for a particular behaviour... Then you claim of what they say in such places is an abuse of intelligence and facts ..... Until you have fact this is what he said about your property to godliness theory , you are speaking ignorantly and should not be advertising same as opinion on forums

Go there and get facts raypthrr than assumed you know what you don't know ..... I have no issue with who you are criticising but but whether your statement is intelligent enough.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
You still have the choice to go to a conservative church instead of complaining.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dhotseal:

Please quit being so bitter and strive to be the bet you can. What have u achieved by dragging your pastor to NL for other like minded haters like you to have a field day.

Be warned, the part of bitterness ends in pains and agony.
Go and sit down jawe.. Don't use empty threats to make a point.

Why are many ignorant and delusional people like you are usually very quick to use curses to threaten someone that speaks the truth

Listen up, I'm a good Christian and I don't condone what's bad. Even if a man God does something that doesn't seem right, I will never hesitate to express my distaste

Don't be blinded by religion when your senses are working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by stancydg: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
xtivin:
If truly you are a Christian you should know that washing the garment of your pastor online is bad, in as much as the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet but I feel strongly your pastor is moved in spirit that's why he does that,Nevertheless we should becareful on how we criticise this pastors so that those weak in the faith should not fall, maybe he is trying in the wrong way to encourage his members but let God judge us by our works.Regards

I am so relieved with this comment because I have really been wondering why anyone who proclaims to love God will do anything against His Church. I have maintained in my replies to several social media evangelists, who think bringing the Church to the court of public opinion is equal to doing God service, to read James 5:16. Our Lord Jesus said, I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against her and He has been doing that for over 2000years now successfully, before any of the town criers were born. What makes these self appointed criers think their services are needed is what bothers me or are they really members of the gates of ...?

Come to think of it, the church survived before you were born. What makes you think she won't survive despite you or even after you are gone?

Please note, every time you make a statement against the church of God, in the form of criticisms of M.O.G's publicly, even if they have behaved badly, you are weakening some people's faith and might as well be working directly against the mandate you were handed. It indirectly puts you on the other side alongside the gates of ....you know what. It is written, that a time will come when those who persecute you will think they are doing God service.

If there is anything you have against the Church of God, sort it out in-house via the assistance of other objective leaders, mentors and authorities that exist, within the body. It doesn't look to me like the pastor in question is the G.O of the ministry, since its a student church.

Again, I am appalled by the several criticism here, despite a one sided reportage. Whatever happened to objectivity?

My 2cents.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]

Chief Judge

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by davo90tico(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
geoworldedu:
I am not receiving any blessing from your own god. Amadioha is my own god and thunder fire any god that's interested in my money.
lol Na u sabi
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by iammolise(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
A braggat pastor Is that one pastor Mtcheeewww!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dhotseal:

Please quit being so bitter and strive to be the bet you can. What have u achieved by dragging your pastor to NL for other like minded haters like you to have a field day.

Be warned, the part of bitterness ends in pains and agony.
Why are many ignorant and delusional Christians like you always quick to use empty threats and curses to scare anyone that expresses his distaste for what a man does which doesn't seem right

Listen up! I'm a good Christian but I'm not blinded by religion like most of you. When a man of God does something that warrants critics, I will surely express my distaste for it

So, if a man of God commits murder, you should not join mouth to castigate him simply because the power of God is in him shey?

Let me leave you to continue wallowing in your delusion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by adetayo234: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
sexybbstar:
Pastors like that will not cease to be on this earth. One have to be careful of which church one worships in.

Some pastors are there to elevate your spiritual life while some are there to bring it down. That's why I don't attach myself to pastors of any church I attend.. I study my Bible privately, organize prayers for myself, I don't need a pastor to tell me when to fast.

I came into this world alone and I will give account of my earthly works alone.

Wow. You impressed me ma'am. You are a mature Christian indeed. Wishing I can have your contact (mobile number). Mine is 07034426064. You reside in Osun State, right?

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by DrogoG(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
He got his wealth from you morons!!
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 989900: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
All you need is here.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Subconscious(m): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You that's typing this, are you perfect? Are you 100% sinless? If you can't remove the log in your eyes then forget about removing from other persons. He who's without sin should throw the stone first. You're type that always condemn preachers yet commit worst sin in the closet. No man can ever be like Jesus because he's just too perfect. I will defend Suleman anytime anyday because I know[b] him too well[/b]. Arch bishop Benson idahosa of blessed memory did similar thing for Christians by defending so Suleman own wasn't exceptional.it's only a fool that would believe a thrash from a prostitute peddling lies in the name of love. I have followed Suleman from beginning and I know him too well both physically and spiritually.

Too many assumptions cry
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
xtivin:
If truly you are a Christian you should know that washing the garment of your pastor online is bad, in as much as the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet but I feel strongly your pastor is moved in spirit that's why he does that,Nevertheless we should becareful on how we criticise this pastors so that those weak in the faith should not fall, maybe he is trying in the wrong way to encourage his members but let God judge us by our works.Regards
What are you really saying? Instead of you to advise people that they should be very mindful of the kind of preaching the digest so that they would not be led astray, you're saying it's the power of God that's leading the pastor to mislead the children of God

What is really wrong with Nigerians gan sef? Why do most of you become senseless the moment the issue of religion is discussed?

6 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 400billionman: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
davo90tico:

how do u give something to God and still call it your own, but I don't see you calling the money u receive from God's blessings God's own. read Malachi 3:8-10 for clarification

The tithe is not meant only for Pastors.

Tithe is meant for the priests, needy, sick, orphan, widows and strangers. Read Deuteronomy 26:12

I don't know the kind of orthodoxy you people practice. Pulpit orthodoxy.

Okay, if its not my tithe, it is pastor's tithe abi ?

For your mind, that Malachi is the only passage that speaks of tithe because your pastor uses it often because it favours him.

Read also Matthew 23:23

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by matrixme(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
what are you still doing under such an atmosphere? if the pastor likes, let him be headed to hell, it's you that will determine that he won't take you along. Alot of charlatans in the body of Christ these days, sharing God's glory.
Quick Advise: run away!!
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Glaxx(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Become a Jehovah's Witness for your own good. A Word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions / Little Boy Branded A Witch In Uyo, Abandoned On The Streets (Disturbing Photos) / Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.