Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary (20791 Views)

Police Take Over Ajimobi’s Residence In Ibadan / APC May Reverse Obaseki disqualification Made By Suspended Oshiomhole / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by eph12(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
seunmsg:

Only wailers, Igbos and ignorant folks are regretting.

@topic, the suspended executive secretary must be a clown. Who does he think he is? Even if he's not found guilty of the allegations levelled against him, he should still be sacked for insubordination.
He mentioned something about the NHIS act, why is nobody disproving that?
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by IYANGBALI: 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
najaka:
Still yet to reg for my NHIS
come make I register you. I hope sey you fine well well? Me I no dey chop wor wor meat o
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by Iamsammy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
reality1010:
Nigeria is filled with ethnic politics.Yoruba vs Hausa/Fulani clash.This s why d Igboman does not believe in anything called Nigeria hence d agitation to be alone.
howz dat related to the thread?

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by seunmsg(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
eph12:

He mentioned something about the NHIS act, why is nobody disproving that?

Ministers exercise presidential powers on behalf of the president. If the supervising minister suspends or sack the head of an agency under the supervision of the ministry, it is done on behalf of the president.

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by stuffs4me(m): 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
Iloveafrica:
3years ago,someone told us he will rescue all d missing chibok girls if elected as president,we elected him,now he's missing too. grin
Iriri Aye

Very funny.. The man is a monumental liar which is why FKK called the man and his fellow gang of liars luciferians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by ddazz: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
zicoraads:
This country is a joke! Anyone who hasn't been following this story would think Usman is guilty of the offence levelled against him. Who blew the whistle on the monumental fraud being perpetuated by health providers? Was it not Usman that exposed their fraudulent dealings? And in exposing them, the Minister of Health was also indicted. I don't blame them. It's Osinbajo I blame. Asking the same Prof Isaac who is hopelessly corrupt to investigate the same man that accused him is what I'm yet to fathom.

Usman enjoys a lot of goodwill at the NHIS. Anyone who thinks the workers could have resisted this protest is only living in grand delusions.

If anything, the both of them are corrupt and should go. The Professor included.

While Usman exposed the fraud perpetuated by Health providers, he also indulged in corrupt practices himself as the Executive Secretary. Are you asking the Government to give him a free pass because he exposed fraud?

His workers do not like him. This is a man that the Union in NHIS has been fightinhg. The staff have been jubilating since he was suspended. I really do not know where you got your information from!

2 Likes

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by mechanics(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
hmmmm, he does not know that to serve is a privilege not a right?

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by moses93(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
nothing concerns those policemen that you're seeing there, I stays in abuja and I know how abj police are! the only thing on their mind as you're seeing them is to sleep.
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by akinszz: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
conductor22:
OH you mean masters and their slaves fight?

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by MENELIK1: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
mainman7:
But during Jonathan era when igbos hijacked and pocketed Jona and looted Nigeria blind, you people were not tribalistic abi?! Eeeediot!
You won't like me to remind you that you igbos introduced mistrust and the satanic tribalism by selfishly masterminding 1st bloody Nigerian coup ever during which no single igbo blood was shed. Yet, you want to always remind me of the bastard afonja till it sinks into my soul. Every genuine Yoruba is an Awoist not a bastard afonja.
Some intelligent NLander Yoruba guys and I were discussing igbo/Yoruba observed stuffs and we came to one conclusion that some igbos were applying 48 Laws Power rules to brainwash gullible Yorubas here. Last year, they started derogatorily calling and generalizing all Yorubas as Afonjas when we were known as Awoists since my earliest times on NairaLand. They know you soon take on the Character of the name you accept. Before this igbos started this nonsense, we on NL know purselves to be Awoists portraying the great Awolowo values. Just like the igbos planned and hoped, now some gullible easily brainwashed Yorubas go like "we Afonjas are the best" .... Afonja was the greatest Enemy of Yorubas while Awolowo brought innumerable great pace-setting Achievements to Yoruba Land and to Nigeria as a whole. Awolowo is Nigeria's Greatest Generallissimo whose millitary intelligence and strategy quickly ended long-fought Civil war. igbos fabricated and perpetuated a lie that Awo ate poison when it was medically confirmed that Awolowo died from cardiac issues, which must have resulted from restlessly patrotically carrying the burden of efforts to make Nigeria great. Even Great Britian said Awolowo is the best President Nigeria never had. Some brainwashed Yorubas may try to point out Awo's fault, forgetting that NO humanbeing can be perfect. Ojuckwu cowardly ran away, yet igbos celebrate him till date. If he was to be Yoruba, he would have been skinned alive when he returned. Infact, his family would have been made to forever bury their head in shame. If you have NEVER achieved 10% of what Awo achieved for Yorubas and you crucify Awo... Any igbo that calls we Yorubas afonja again instead of Awoists shall soon die a painful death!

God bless you abundantly

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by blackHAZE: 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
zicoraads:
This country is a joke! Anyone who hasn't been following this story would think Usman is guilty of the offence levelled against him. Who blew the whistle on the monumental fraud being perpetuated by health providers? Was it not Usman that exposed their fraudulent dealings? And in exposing them, the Minister of Health was also indicted. I don't blame them. It's Osinbajo I blame. Asking the same Prof Isaac who is hopelessly corrupt to investigate the same man that accused him is what I'm yet to fathom.

Usman enjoys a lot of goodwill at the NHIS. Anyone who thinks the workers could have resisted this protest is only living in grand delusions.

If anything, the both of them are corrupt and should go. The Professor included.

Just listen to what he was sayingthat put him in this mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpVCv2xnoo

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by jacyhelen(f): 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
stephanie11:
Officers of the Nigerian police force and the Civil defence corps have besieged the building of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in Abuja following intelligence reports of a protest being planned by the Suspended Executive secretary of the NHIS, Yusuf Usman.

PoliticsNGR learnt that Usman allegedly planned to resume duties forcefully on Monday using a rented crowd to protest his removal. Policemen and civil defence officers wielding guns were positioned at strategic entry points to the building. All staff were subjected to full body/security search.

The embattled Usman allegedly threatened to storm the office premises with loyalists with an aim to unseat the acting executive secretary who resumed today. Both Senior and junior staff were ready for a serious showdown had Usman and his crowd shown up as expected.

Usman's troubles started last week after he defied a direct suspension order slammed on him by the Minister of health, Prof. Isaac Adewole over his reported involvement in a N960 million fraud. Usman defended his actions by saying that only the president could remove him as stated in the NHIS act.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/17/police-take-nhis-building-alleged-protest-plot-suspended-secretary/

960 million..who did we offend in nigeria sef
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by jacyhelen(f): 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:
seems I am beginning to agree with the IPOB ....

hahhahahahhahha...i wont
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by 5oyad: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
zicoraads:

Professor Usman is not guilty. If osibanjo allows the minister succeed with this evil plot- then he is a disgrace of a pastor

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by 5oyad: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
zicoraads:

Professor Usman is not guilty. If osibanjo allows the minister succeed with this evil plot- then he is a disgrace of a pastor

If osibanjo allows the minister suceed in his evil plot against prof usman who is a rare man of integrity then he osibanjo is a shameless pastor
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by 5oyad: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
blackHAZE:

Just listen to what he was sayingthat put him in this mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpVCv2xnoo

That video is just a tip of the iceberg that has held healthcare financing down fr so long. If nigerians allow the minister rubbish prof usman then forget about anti corruption- they should just open the treasury and organize a free for all

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by jacyhelen(f): 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
Iloveafrica:
3years ago,someone told us he will rescue all d missing chibok girls if elected as president,we elected him,now he's missing too. grin
Iriri Aye

lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by 5oyad: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
lipsrsealed
ddazz:

While Usman exposed the fraud perpetuated by Health providers, he also indulged in corrupt practices himself as the Executive Secretary. Are you asking the Government to give him a free pass because he exposed fraud?

His workers do not like him. This is a man that the Union in NHIS has been fightinhg. The staff have been jubilating since he was suspended. I really do not know where you got your information from!

Which fraud did he engage in? They claim he did not get approval for some purchases - not that the amount was inflated or the items were not required. That is an administrative breach. compare that to over 200billion siphoned from the nhis by hmos in fraudulent claims etc. If prof usman had played ball- the minister would have left him on the job
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by holatin(m): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
eph12:

It is not about what he did. It is about what he isn't doing whether purposely or unknowingly.
and have you ever tried to see if those aren't his fault or circumstances made it so
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by wigano: 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
PDP come to our rescue frm dis unserious, unprepared govt. cry
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by Mutuwa(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
najaka:
Still yet to reg for my NHIS

Please do,you won't regret.It's you,your husband and 4 biological children.you also have additional 2 dependants if you wish to add,all under you.Do you know how many lives you would have saved?
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by bigerboy200: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ddaji:
All this fight against corruption by this APC government is scam.Why was Prof.Usman suspended? This is a man that exposed fraud of over N360Billion by HMO,he was in efcc and icpc seeking collaboration to stop this fraud.The man shown official documents where the Minister of Health requested funds from him and he declined.Instead of commendation he got suspension from osibanjo and minister.How can Ag.president will asked corrupt minister of health to investigate this issue.Haba!!!
hmmm...finally someone with an idea of what is happening..this country is so sick..the HMOs have vowed to deal with him for not maintaining business as usual..it's a shame that people with good intentions are never given a chance in this country....

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by slivertongue: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
mainman7:
But during Jonathan era when igbos hijacked and pocketed Jona and looted Nigeria blind, you people were not tribalistic abi?! Eeeediot!
You won't like me to remind you that you igbos introduced mistrust and the satanic tribalism by selfishly masterminding 1st bloody Nigerian coup ever during which no single igbo blood was shed. Yet, you want to always remind me of the bastard afonja till it sinks into my soul. Every genuine Yoruba is an Awoist not a bastard afonja.
Some intelligent NLander Yoruba guys and I were discussing igbo/Yoruba observed stuffs and we came to one conclusion that some igbos were applying 48 Laws Power rules to brainwash gullible Yorubas here. Last year, they started derogatorily calling and generalizing all Yorubas as Afonjas when we were known as Awoists since my earliest times on NairaLand. They know you soon take on the Character of the name you accept. Before this igbos started this nonsense, we on NL know purselves to be Awoists portraying the great Awolowo values. Just like the igbos planned and hoped, now some gullible easily brainwashed Yorubas go like "we Afonjas are the best" .... Afonja was the greatest Enemy of Yorubas while Awolowo brought innumerable great pace-setting Achievements to Yoruba Land and to Nigeria as a whole. Awolowo is Nigeria's Greatest Generallissimo whose millitary intelligence and strategy quickly ended long-fought Civil war. igbos fabricated and perpetuated a lie that Awo ate poison when it was medically confirmed that Awolowo died from cardiac issues, which must have resulted from restlessly patrotically carrying the burden of efforts to make Nigeria great. Even Great Britian said Awolowo is the best President Nigeria never had. Some brainwashed Yorubas may try to point out Awo's fault, forgetting that NO humanbeing can be perfect. Ojuckwu cowardly ran away, yet igbos celebrate him till date. If he was to be Yoruba, he would have been skinned alive when he returned. Infact, his family would have been made to forever bury their head in shame. If you have NEVER achieved 10% of what Awo achieved for Yorubas and you crucify Awo... Any igbo that calls we Yorubas afonja again instead of Awoists shall soon die a painful death!

you take NL too serious

1 Like

Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by ofuonyebi: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
Why Nigerians de help defend corrupt people by joining them to protest

shamefully in the streets...forgetting that their tax is involved.
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by lala45: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
48laws of power will tell u never u outshine yr master
Ddaji:
All this fight against corruption by this APC government is scam.Why was Prof.Usman suspended? This is a man that exposed fraud of over N360Billion by HMO,he was in efcc and icpc seeking collaboration to stop this fraud.The man shown official documents where the Minister of Health requested funds from him and he declined.Instead of commendation he got suspension from osibanjo and minister.How can Ag.president will asked corrupt minister of health to investigate this issue.Haba!!!
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by Ddaji(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
lala45:
48laws of power will tell u never u outshine yr master
agreed with you sir,but osibanjo and his friends campaign based on anti corruption as their cardinal tool.At least PDP own was better they didn't deceived us like these scammers
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by bilazego(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
mainman7:

The actions of Awo did more damage to Ibos than the war itself. More people died as a result of starvation occasioned by the tactics of food blockade of the region initiated by Awo. as if that wasn't enough, through his actions or suggestions monies saved by ibos in the banks was reduced to nothing. It was as same period that the indigenization policy was launched at a time the ibos had no money to buy into any of the foreign owned companies. this was a calculated policy of Awo to ensure that ibos got nothing and to be totally reduced. you can agree with me that you guys did more damage to us than any other tribe because the pains are still been felt today. If not for whom we are, we wouldn't have recovered from those policies initiated by Awo. if reverse was the case I bet you and your masters wouldn't have recovered till date. the system has placed you guys ahead of us yet you can't beat us in any field expect on embezzlement of federal fund and running down of federal government owned companies.
Re: Police Take Over NHIS Building Over Protest Plot By Suspended Secretary by bluecircle470: 1:29am On Jul 18, 2017
reality1010:
Nigeria is filled with ethnic politics.Yoruba vs Hausa/Fulani clash.This s why d Igboman does not believe in anything called Nigeria hence d agitation to be alone.

The Igbo man dnt even believe and trust themselves let alone other tribes grin (The so called Jews) grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Swears In Lawan, Others As Committee Chairmen / FG Blames Anti-Open Grazing Law For Killings By Herdsmen / Bayelsa Guber: Ex-president Jonathan Endorses Bayelsa Central For Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.