Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records (20990 Views)

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by AfroKnight: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2017
Young03:
If u have a bible
open 1thesolonians 4:11
The lord is your strength
I cannot believe you would even support your criminal tendencies with a bible verse! Your employers/clients don't know that they are dealing with a thief!

0b100100111:
What's your business?

Face your role and responsibility!

As for you Mr Ob, I guess you would be pleased to have your workers steal from you too while other members of staff look the other way, "minding their business".

This is why Nigeria is still a 3rd world nation. People justify crime with religion! One day the owners would find out and they would assume that OP was an accomplice since he handled cash and assigned rooms. The police wouldn't even bother to listen to his story.

OP, jguy007 kindly pm me and send your CV. People like you are rare and deserve all the help they can get.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by oluwadare26(m): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2017
@Op, if you refuse to let your boss know about it before the end of this month may thunder strike you. if you believe you can still find a concrete evidence against them, wait till then..probably this week or next week then you should certainly nail them. pls and pls, inform your boss. it's for your own good
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2017
YelloweWest:

The average Nigerian. We dont take into consideration the effects of our actions and in actions...

Such stealing if not checked could tank the company. Then the op would loose his job!

You do have a point! In Nigeria, silence pays!

His he aware about how many people in the ring?
Does he think if that guy his fired he is safe in an unsecured country.

Bro! Silence pays.....

Ask civil service workers, they will expanciate.

The mouth does not give account of everything the eye sees -African proverb
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by sistaj: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Tell the man.You owe him that.good should repay good.don't close your eyes and shut up when things are going wrong.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by tee83: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2017
First ,it seems that the hotel lack strong internal control. I won't advice you to tell the M.D. or the man that secured the job for you directly but you got to advice him or her that the internal control is not strong enough. But wait o don't tell me when you collect money you write receipt for it. Because it would have been indicated in the receipt mode of payment which nobody can change.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by alanka(f): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2017
The strategy they are using is so strong that if the book is audited you would be accused of stealing because you were the one that assigned the rooms and signed and collected the money.

Perhaps, they see you as a threat and they want you out if not they were better way and situation to steal.

If it is exposed you are dead, it would be traced to you
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by JerryQ: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2017
Guy report this case already to the good man who gave you the job with concrete evidence. I wonder what they do when its not your shift. They are acting wickedly.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by lonelydora: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
*******************fast forward to 2weeks back*************************
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
**************************4days later*******************************
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
**************************4days later after that*******************************
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
**************************back to present day*******************************
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.
I don't wanna betray his trust either cause this might be a test to me
PLease friends what do i do?
NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

Whistleblowing is 10% of the amount. Enrich yourself today bro.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by SalamRushdie: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Sorry to say You are a thief

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Wristler: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
Enough said already. Report her already. You can plan with the man to send some unknown persons to come and pay with cash when the sales person is on duty and watch who much she declares

You can also suggest better ways of preventing against such.

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Callmedondee(m): 8:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Oga na ur father money? If u can't join them den shut up ur mouth before u get urself killed or implicated. If u can't beat dem den join dem...
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by SalamRushdie: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2017
If you don't report soon that hotel will fold up and many people will lose thier jobs , there is nothing I hate like employees stealing from a business

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2017
AfroKnight:

I cannot believe you would even support your criminal tendencies with a bible verse! Your employers/clients don't know that they are dealing with a thief!

As for you Mr Ob, I guess you would be pleased to have your workers steal from you too while other members of staff look the other way, "minding their business".

This is why Nigeria is still a 3rd world nation. People justify crime with religion! One day the owners would find out and they would assume that OP was an accomplice since he handled cash and assigned rooms. The police wouldn't even bother to listen to his story.

OP, jguy007 kindly pm me and send your CV. People like you are rare and deserve all the help they can get.

If you have job slots, I have about 5 victims who got knocked for being diligent!

Do you know the ring that operates that deal? What if u get to know the MD, fascility and accountant re in the ring? You expect him to walk up to the chairman and talk?

This is Nigeria! You will amazed at the outcome! A place where fraudsters re celebrated and given heroic welcome from prison.

If he does not have family, kids and loved ones, I will also recommend he talks.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by drnoel: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

grin

Trouble sleep, u go wake am

Na wahala you dey find.....

True but if it was ya papa business, u go keep quiet? That attitude of urs is what got us all in this present problem with Bubu, APC, PDP and OBJ. When good men keep quiet things spoil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by meexteriox(m): 8:17am On Jul 18, 2017
Poster, for God's sake tell d man dat gave u d job. Dnt follow all dis useless advise dat u shd mind ur business. Tell d man dat helped u. If u dnt, dis particular matter will blow in ur face, and u will totally regret not telling dat man. Dis will even land in u in more serious problem if u dnt tell d man dat helped u in getting dis job.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by lonelydora: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Nigeria can't develop with this thinking.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Make I go buy whistle ...time to make money
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by yvesboss(m): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Oga blow the whistle joor..what are you waiting for..put yourself in the shoes of the MD and one lazy ass is reaping you of your hard earned money. What will you have advised the staff to do?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
drnoel:

True but if it was ya papa business, u go keep quiet? That attitude of urs is what got us all in this present problem with Bubu, APC, PDP and OBJ. When good men keep quiet things spoil

Am an authority if it's my father's Business, I can flush out all staff and sanitise. This is a worker vs worker scene. I don't want to go into much details but will sight an example.

Is it possible that a fellow policeman goes to report his fellow colleague to the DPO about how he collects bribe? I know you will call it diligence.

You re in Nigeria. Not every wrong is wrong!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Sanchez01: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007, gather your evidences and report to the husband, that is, the man who got you the job. The wife could overreact and frustrate the entire process.

You just have to ignore the corrupt souls asking you to mind your business. You would not only be killing yourself if you don't report this, but also end up contributing to the downfall of another man's empire.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by chronique(m): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
I once went to manage a bottled water production company and in the process of working there, I noticed certain things that were not right and I wrote it down in my report to the MD. The folks I met there didn't like my style of working and taking details of everything that went down there but I didn't care. All I wanted to do, was to do my job diligently irrespective of what anyone thinks. I think you should report to the owner of the place. A day would come when someone with balls would be employed and he or she would reveal all the dirty things going down there. I don't encourage anyone stealing from his or her employer cos that is the easiest way to render the owner of the business broke, and send the business folding up. If your salary isn't enough for you, resign and look for a better job. My advice to you is that you report immediately or else, you'd be an accomplice to the crime.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by geosegun(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Thats the main reason why Nigeria did not develop.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Brugo(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
cnc:

Tell the MD and suggest she sends about 4 of her friends on a particular night and see how it plays out...
Then the hotel should install CCTV cameras...

Jguy007 follow this advice. One day, whether you report or not, they will be caught. Silence means you were part of the "deal". And believe me, those criminals will say you got your share of the money.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by sholasys: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2017
My little Cent.
1. Make a record of the past fraud, The date and time, The amount recorded, The actual amount that is supposed to be recorded for defense purposes.

2. Do you have staff meeting ? Do you have suggestion box in your coy ? What ever the case, since you have observed loophole were money is been siphoned, develop a process that can block that chance such as hand-over note and receipt, Sending of handover report through email and cc your MD.

3. You can also suggest a retail software that can capture your transactions.

4. Please Don't join them. Be upright and let your integrity wither not. Be courageous and seek for clarification next time it happens again. Dont confront and dont be hash.

5. You can do anonymous text to the man that gave you the Job. Advice them to put a proactive measure in place to checkmate fraud.

6 Pray

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:29am On Jul 18, 2017
lonelydora:

Nigeria can't develop won't this thinking.

A Nigeria that it's foundation was built on same principle?

Talk the talk.. you will be amazed that the cops you re reporting to is a ring member of the deal and then will it dawn on you that you finished!

You think it's child's play to be bold enough to say everything as it is? Smh

If I love someone, I did advice he keeps mute. His he the only one seeing such?

Have you seen a scenario where tables were turned around on fraudulent dealings based on party involved and the truth sayer forcefully resigned due to humilation and pressure? You would be shocked that does that pushed you will keep mute and even desert you cos they don't wanna associate with you and get labelled.

Op can talk the talk, it's a choice!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Soulsymbol99: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Want u saw might be d reason God made d man give u d job. Him n d wife trusted u without a reason so I guess u shld nt destroy dat trust. If u tell d girl abt it, u said she is nt alone, they may gang up against u. So without wasting time tell d man let him. Knw hw 2 go abt it. The earlier d beta cos d man might even be annoyed u hv knwn 4 sometime n kept quiet. Act nw

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Brugo(m): 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

If you have job slots, I have about 5 victims who got knocked for being diligent!

Do you know the ring that operates that deal? What if u get to know the MD, fascility and accountant re in the ring? You expect him to walk up to the chairman and talk?

This is Nigeria! You will amazed at the outcome! A place where fraudsters re celebrated and given heroic welcome from prison.

If he does not have family, kids and loved ones, I will also recommend he talks.

Why should he help your candidates? What if they have your kind of mentality and decide to face their role and responsibilities just like you suggested?

I swear. Nigeria still has a loooooooooooooooooong way to go.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
geosegun:

Thats the main reason why Nigeria did not develop.

Since when did Nigeria stop developing?

Answer and I will start from there
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by davades(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2017
NextGovernor:
Problem of doing business in Nigeria. No trusted employee you can entrust your business to for even 1 week. They will wanna drain u. Always looking for opportunity to reap where they did not soul.

See we all need to ask ourselves how much they're paying those employee....I once worked in a posh boutique for 4years and the man started with 18k and the money only increase to 30k in the period of four years and i know what we make in a month...some employer can be crazy...This is a boutique where the owner travel to Engladn, America and aitaly to get cheaper things and sell at higher rate...
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Brugo:

Why should he help your candidates? What if they have your kind of mentality and decide to face their role and responsibilities just like you suggested?

My candidates re talker who got frustrated out of job cos they couldn't flow with the culture they met. You sound like you re a fresher being employed.

Smh....
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Brugo(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

My candidates re talker who got frustrated out of job cos they couldn't flow with the culture they met. You sound like you re a fresher being employed.

Smh....

You sound like someone who would commit fraud because others are doing it.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?
No Doubt The Response Of A Crook.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum / Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.