Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job (10784 Views)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / 8 Important Factor Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs 2 Consider Before You Submit Cv / Let Someone Review Your Application Letter/CV Before You Submit Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Senorita123(f): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2017
I sent over 100 cvs online. No job still for close to two years. One cool day, I made 10 copies of my CV and cover letter and traveled all the way from my base in Ibadan to Lagos dropping CVs in international schools. Dat week, I landed a good teaching job with an okay salary for a start. My story changed.

Lesson 1: Don't rely on online CV
Lesson2: Be ready to explore, you can try teaching too. I currently teach year 1(ages 5-6). I am an economics graduate
Lesson 3: Take the risk and leave your comfort zone
Lesson 4: Never despise the days of little beginnings-I once taught for free in Ibadan to avoid idleness. The experience paid.

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by ednut1(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2017
just like askin hw many grain of rice dey back. job hunting is one of the hardest tin in life. used to think it was admission
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Successdude(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2017
YelloweWest:
None.

The day I submit my cv I'll get that employment.

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Damsman10(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2017
Nddytex08:
Am just curious to know how many Curriculum Vitae (CV) Nairalanders in the house submitted to have finally gotten or landed on their present job. Lets hear the house out!!
Op wahhraboutu
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by castrokins(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
What Are You Saying?

modelmike7:

who do u like dis?!
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by poshpimkiey(f): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
I'm still submitting
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by castrokins(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
What Are You Saying??

modelmike7:

who do u like dis?!
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by 735i(m): 7:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Didn't submit any yeye cv for my first job. It was purely "connect".
My second job....maybe 30ish... (both online and hard-copy).
As someone noted earlier...hard copies seem to have more weight

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by fufuNegusi(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2017
hazyfm1:
Nothing like applying directly through the company's website

Job sites are like this

Applying through a job site is a total waste 99% of the time
Except you apply through the company's own site or through a legit outsourcing firm
Not all this jobsite rubbish e.g jobberman, ngcareers and Co

You go apply tire.. .

2 Likes

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2017
Nddytex08:
Am just curious to know how many Curriculum Vitae (CV) Nairalanders in the house submitted to have finally gotten or landed on their present job. Lets hear the house out!!
I dabbled in to this piece with keen interest. Ha! Mine was uncountable. I was born without a silver spoon. My parents are peasant farmers in a remote town of Ekiti. Back in the days , the only option available to somebody like me in search of job was newspaper because there was nobody....I repeat...nobody to help out. Internet was just revolving at that time in Nigeria so, the only available means of sending application letters was by post. The situation became worse that, I would have to trek all the way from Ring road in Ibadan to Dugbe Post office to post application letters 2 times in a week( Tuesdays and Thursdays). I was always with a pen, copies of my credentials and official sheets which I always used to write applications. There was a vendor at ring road that time, whom I always tipped with 5 Naira and he would allow me read a particular newspaper in which vacancies were being placed in it's Tuesday and Thursday editions that time. I would not mention it here so the moderator would not think I am advertising them. It's a popular newspaper every job applicant must have heard about. I wouldn't know if they still place much adverts in it nowadays However, I trusted in God all through because there was nobody to link me. I adopted a strategy that time, which was...posting applications immediately after seen , so that mine would be among the first to hit the employer's desk, knowing fully well that other applicants from all parts of the country would have also applied. This worked a lot because by the time applications were received, it would be sorted on a first first-in-first-served basis. Nobody told me about this but I felt that was the in-thing. When you keep receiving applications as an employer for the same position you were looking for, you would just pack the subsequent ones and drop them inside a dust bin because you would have collated or shgirtlisted enough. This had always worked because I was always receiving interview invites. At times when the invite comes and I see the company's logo, I would just smile because I was always excited seeing such an invite...that I could be remembered by them was always a thing of joy. In short, I posted up to 200 applications in that post office. A particular stamp seller in that post office became my friend at tome point because he always saw me around. Fortunately for me, I did not spend more than 8 months at home after my NYSC before I got employed. I had worked in renown pharmaceutical, Telecomms, Medical Technology companies in Nigeria in the bast( including the telecomms firm with a yellow logo/colour located on the Island). Now, I am an employer of great repute and personality. I have also seen the world as i have traveled round the globe , not for fun but for business meetings, all glory to God almighty. The moral of my long story is...do not give up, regardless of your background. Keep trusting in God. Mine, is a good example .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by tlops(m): 8:07am On Jul 18, 2017
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by uzomanny(m): 8:09am On Jul 18, 2017
fairfora:
I dabbled in to this piece with keen interest. Ha! Mine was uncountable. I was born without a silver spoon. My parents are peasant farmers in a remote town of Ekiti. Back in the days , the only option available to somebody like me in search of job was newspaper because there was nobody....I repeat...nobody to help out. Internet was just revolving at that time in Nigeria so, the only available means of sending application letters was by post. The situation became worse that, I would have to trek all the way from Ring road in Ibadan to Dugbe Post office to post application letters 2 times in a week( Tuesdays and Thursdays). I was always with a pen, copies of my credentials and official sheets which I always used to write applications. There was a vendor at ring road that time, whom I always tipped with 5 Naira and he would allow me read a particular newspaper in which vacancies were being placed in it's Tuesday and Thursday editions that time. I would not mention it here so the moderator would not think I am advertising them. It's a popular newspaper every job applicant must have heard about. I wouldn't know if they still place much adverts in it nowadays However, I trusted in God all through because there was nobody to link me. I adopted a strategy that time, which was...posting applications immediately after seen , so that mine would be among the first to hit the employer's desk, knowing fully well that other applicants from all parts of the country would have also applied. This worked a lot because by the time applications were received, it would be sorted on a first first-in-first-served basis. Nobody told me about this but I felt that was the in-thing. When you keep receiving applications as an employer for the same position you were looking for, you would just pack the subsequent ones and drop them inside a dust bin because you would have collated or shgirtlisted enough. This had always worked because I was always receiving interview invites. At times when the invite comes and I see the company's logo, I would just smile because I was always excited seeing such an invite...that I could be remembered by them was always a thing of joy. In short, I posted up to 200 applications in that post office. A particular stamp seller in that post office became my friend at tome point because he always saw me around. Fortunately for me, I did not spend more than 8 months at home after my NYSC before I got employed. I had worked in renown pharmaceutical, Telecomms, Medical Technology companies in Nigeria in the bast( including the telecomms firm with a yellow logo/colour located on the Island). Now, I am an employer of great repute and personality. I have also seen the world as i have traveled round the globe , not for fun but for business meetings, all glory to God almighty. The moral of my long story is...do not give up, regardless of your background. Keep trusting in God. Mine, is a good example .

I tap into this...IJN amen

2 Likes

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by tosyne2much(m): 8:09am On Jul 18, 2017
dxdiag:
Bro, i won't lie to you.I lost count.
Attended many interview got to final stages but did not got called upon due to somethings best known to the recruiters. But finally got a contract job later through this forum with six figure pay, and the present one am into now after much patient. When its ur time, numbers of Cvs/Resumes sent does not count .
You re next in line for testimony, its too late to give up now
You're very right my brother

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by ekensi01: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2017
dxdiag:
Bro, i won't lie to you.I lost count.
Attended many interview got to final stages but did not got called upon due to somethings best known to the recruiters. But finally got a contract job later through this forum with six figure pay, and the present one am into now after much patient. When its ur time, numbers of Cvs/Resumes sent does not count .
You re next in line for testimony, its too late to give up now
grin bro did i hear six figure?

Why am dying to get just 20k to pay for my goods.

You can show love by giving, if you want oh.

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2017
ariwokoigbore:
if all d cvs sent did nt yield result create d jov ursef

You are advocating for Entrepreneurship right?
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2017
charlesucheh:
Sorry bruv! Am still submitting, so, I can't give you an answer!
Thank you!

Lol Broda... u funny o. Are you trying to say u have lost count or what. Well whatsoever be the case, until you finally land on that job am waiting for your feedback. Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
I haven't bothered to submit even a single CV because I earn enough, but I really enjoy reading your CVs with the numerous grammatical errors
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Holysholay: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2017
This may help some1:
When I started my PhD, I collected a jamb bronchure from a jambite. I wrote down all private universities in Nigeria and applied to all of them. That is the only application that got me my first job (of coarse, 1 application to many institution, I got many invites DAT time).
And don't b scared, I used a bulk postage at the post office, its very cheap (I m not aware of bulk posting until dat day).
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Senorita123:
I sent over 100 cvs online. No job still for close to two years. One cool day, I made 10 copies of my CV and cover letter and traveled all the way from my base in Ibadan to Lagos dropping CVs in international schools. Dat week, I landed a good teaching job with an okay salary for a start. My story changed.

Lesson 1: Don't rely on online CV
Lesson2: Be ready to explore, you can try teaching too. I currently teach year 1(ages 5-6). I am an economics graduate
Lesson 3: Take the risk
Lesson 4: Never despise the days of little beginnings-I once taught for free in Ibadan to avoid idleness. The experience paid.
Thanks

Thank you too Bro... Experience really is an eye opener and it pays. I salute your Courage Sir.

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2017
ednut1:
just like askin hw many grain of rice dey back. job hunting is one of the hardest tin in life. used to think it was admission

That market na another admission on its own o. its hard sha to an extent.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by hentech911: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2017
All the jobs i got, i never submitted any CV. Rather i get the job before the employer will ask me to summit CV.maybe it just grace by my side.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by juwoonn(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2017
Thanks to fiverr.
After submitting CV for almost 10 years.
God dey sha
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by alukstea(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2017
If I tell you say he easy na set up , just brace up, face up and put your heads up ...(In TuBaba voice)
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by ERCROSS(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2017
twilliamx:
Non cos am my own boss....
Broh, pls can u send me this Ebook . Never get a real job by Scott Gerber... abeg
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by PassionateSoul(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2017
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Laxy009(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2017
Job hunting it self is a job. God knows how many CV have submitted currently still counting because I only have two month left in my service year. I know grace will fall on me soon.

To everyone out there looking for the job of their dream, don't give up because your miracle is on the way. Delay is never a denial.

And if you know you have the opportunity to help someone kindly do so.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by saydfact(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2017
NONE
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2017
poshpimkiey:
I'm still submitting

The Lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 9:14am On Jul 18, 2017
fairfora:

Great and inspiring story from U. Determination is another key.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 18, 2017
I never believed in submitting CVs, I know the kind of country we are in, I submitted just twice and made up my mind never to apply unless I had an insider that assured me of the job. that worked the magic
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Bjgirl1: 9:47am On Jul 18, 2017
Didn't submit none before getting the job,my aunty was working there and discussed with the manager,the manager just sent an email to the director then and I was asked to resume,later submitted my cv..Though it was through connection oo, man know man..

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 18, 2017
YelloweWest:
None.
The day I submit my cv I'll get that employment.
Its not that easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Should I Take This Sales Job? / N-Power Programme: FG Recruits 1,350 Youths As Extension Workers In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.