Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job (10785 Views)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / 8 Important Factor Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs 2 Consider Before You Submit Cv / Let Someone Review Your Application Letter/CV Before You Submit Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by EmmyDJourno: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2017
I have never gone out to submit CV's, random things never work out for me

When I got my job, it walked up to me and I got it

But my friends went out to submit randomly and got jobs before me

So find out what works for you

Please Note: Goodluck in your Job search smiley
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by abham: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Like 500 and it's even a volunteer job sad.
fllw bak bros, i sent u a mail
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by xxgig(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2017
I am still submitting CV's infact I just submitted one this morning and the count is still on. I pray it stops soon. If you are here and can help I will really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by YelloweWest: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2017
MissCuppy:
Its not that easy.
With God all things are possible.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Kingjames11(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Nddytex08:
Am just curious to know how many Curriculum Vitae (CV) Nairalanders in the house submitted to have finally gotten or landed on their present job. Lets hear the house out!!
. Hardcopy=162 copies. soft copy=528(between 2014-2017 June)

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Viking007(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2017
It should be more than 2,000. I started applying before I went for NYSC. It wasn't easy, but we thank God for where we are today. smiley

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2017
Thousands,but never got a job with my Cv
Got them via referrals and networking
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Viking007(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2017
x

1 Like

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
Viking007:
From the way You write/type, I dont think You're truly a PhD holder sir. cry
guy pack well joor.must u insult everyone u see on nairaland
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by biotechshola(m): 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
fairfora:
I dabbled in to this piece with keen interest. Ha! Mine was uncountable. I was born without a silver spoon. My parents are peasant farmers in a remote town of Ekiti. Back in the days , the only option available to somebody like me in search of job was newspaper because there was nobody....I repeat...nobody to help out. Internet was just revolving at that time in Nigeria so, the only available means of sending application letters was by post. The situation became worse that, I would have to trek all the way from Ring road in Ibadan to Dugbe Post office to post application letters 2 times in a week( Tuesdays and Thursdays). I was always with a pen, copies of my credentials and official sheets which I always used to write applications. There was a vendor at ring road that time, whom I always tipped with 5 Naira and he would allow me read a particular newspaper in which vacancies were being placed in it's Tuesday and Thursday editions that time. I would not mention it here so the moderator would not think I am advertising them. It's a popular newspaper every job applicant must have heard about. I wouldn't know if they still place much adverts in it nowadays However, I trusted in God all through because there was nobody to link me. I adopted a strategy that time, which was...posting applications immediately after seen , so that mine would be among the first to hit the employer's desk, knowing fully well that other applicants from all parts of the country would have also applied. This worked a lot because by the time applications were received, it would be sorted on a first first-in-first-served basis. Nobody told me about this but I felt that was the in-thing. When you keep receiving applications as an employer for the same position you were looking for, you would just pack the subsequent ones and drop them inside a dust bin because you would have collated or shgirtlisted enough. This had always worked because I was always receiving interview invites. At times when the invite comes and I see the company's logo, I would just smile because I was always excited seeing such an invite...that I could be remembered by them was always a thing of joy. In short, I posted up to 200 applications in that post office. A particular stamp seller in that post office became my friend at tome point because he always saw me around. Fortunately for me, I did not spend more than 8 months at home after my NYSC before I got employed. I had worked in renown pharmaceutical, Telecomms, Medical Technology companies in Nigeria in the bast( including the telecomms firm with a yellow logo/colour located on the Island). Now, I am an employer of great repute and personality. I have also seen the world as i have traveled round the globe , not for fun but for business meetings, all glory to God almighty. The moral of my long story is...do not give up, regardless of your background. Keep trusting in God. Mine, is a good example .

Now that you are an employer of labour, you can as well assist some of us by means of employement sir.. perhaps, God wants you to do just that.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Psoul(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
Mine has bn by Grace. When grace is at work protocols are broken, struggle disappears.

I have worked in 3 good firms and have never applied for any one of them not to talk of sending CV.

The 1st was barely wen i left secondary school. A top manager in a multinational company that just established their firm in the state i was called and offered me the job. This manager used to kw me and and hw responsible i was then. The pay was not too fine then, so many ppl refused the offer but few of us accepted it. I was in this firm and obtained my B.Sc in Accountancy. Rose to an enviable position. The firm later became the choice of many. I dis this job for 16yrs. Acquired many certificates in and from this firm.

Second one was an offer made to me by one of my Lecturers in university. I did this job for 4 years.

Third one is this current job as a company Auditor. The job came wen i least expected it. An uncle that had forgotten after many year he promised to help me. I was surprised when he called me and tell me that he want me to attend an interview in a certain company as their Auditor. I was like, Sir, but i did not apply for the job. He just told me to attend the interview on the date he told me.
I went for the written interview. I was shortlisted for oral interview. Out of about 30 of us, only 2 were employed. I happened to be one out of the two. My CV was only submitted on the day of the oral interview.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kingjames11:
. Hardcopy=162 copies. soft copy=528(between 2014-2017 June)

Like seriously

Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by blessedgal(f): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Viking007:
From the way You write/type, I dont think You're truly a PhD holder sir. cry
imagine talk, u don't judge pple based on wat they write online.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
biotechshola:

Now that you are an employer of labour, you can as well assist some of us by means of employement sir.. perhaps, God wants you to do just that.
send your resume to juthbossy@yahoo.com, if you're an elect-elect engineer or a business-related degree holder
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Danuvie(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Like 5 times. God has been faith full

Luxury watches, wrist bands, sunglasses etc all at affordable prices. Check them out @ http://www.kenandakyns.com

For quality music production and the latest tunez from across the globe, check out http://music.maddtunez.com
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Ladyisi1(f): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
none ooo BT working
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by xxgig(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
awelekiti:
send your resume to juthbossy@yahoo.com, if you're an elect-elect engineer or a business-related degree holder
Can I send mine? I have a degree in chemical engineering. Thanks
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Teeminjin(f): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
I haven't submitted any yet but I can't wait.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by category(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
fairfora:
I dabbled in to this piece with keen interest. Ha! Mine was uncountable. I was born without a silver spoon. My parents are peasant farmers in a remote town of Ekiti. Back in the days , the only option available to somebody like me in search of job was newspaper because there was nobody....I repeat...nobody to help out. Internet was just revolving at that time in Nigeria so, the only available means of sending application letters was by post. The situation became worse that, I would have to trek all the way from Ring road in Ibadan to Dugbe Post office to post application letters 2 times in a week( Tuesdays and Thursdays). I was always with a pen, copies of my credentials and official sheets which I always used to write applications. There was a vendor at ring road that time, whom I always tipped with 5 Naira and he would allow me read a particular newspaper in which vacancies were being placed in it's Tuesday and Thursday editions that time. I would not mention it here so the moderator would not think I am advertising them. It's a popular newspaper every job applicant must have heard about. I wouldn't know if they still place much adverts in it nowadays However, I trusted in God all through because there was nobody to link me. I adopted a strategy that time, which was...posting applications immediately after seen , so that mine would be among the first to hit the employer's desk, knowing fully well that other applicants from all parts of the country would have also applied. This worked a lot because by the time applications were received, it would be sorted on a first first-in-first-served basis. Nobody told me about this but I felt that was the in-thing. When you keep receiving applications as an employer for the same position you were looking for, you would just pack the subsequent ones and drop them inside a dust bin because you would have collated or shgirtlisted enough. This had always worked because I was always receiving interview invites. At times when the invite comes and I see the company's logo, I would just smile because I was always excited seeing such an invite...that I could be remembered by them was always a thing of joy. In short, I posted up to 200 applications in that post office. A particular stamp seller in that post office became my friend at tome point because he always saw me around. Fortunately for me, I did not spend more than 8 months at home after my NYSC before I got employed. I had worked in renown pharmaceutical, Telecomms, Medical Technology companies in Nigeria in the bast( including the telecomms firm with a yellow logo/colour located on the Island). Now, I am an employer of great repute and personality. I have also seen the world as i have traveled round the globe , not for fun but for business meetings, all glory to God almighty. The moral of my long story is...do not give up, regardless of your background. Keep trusting in God. Mine, is a good example .

I also tap into this in Jesus name. Amin.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by category(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Psoul:
Mine has bn by Grace. When grace is at work protocols are broken, struggle disappears.

I have worked in 3 good firms and have never applied for any one of them not to talk of sending CV.

The 1st was barely wen i left secondary school. A top manager in a multinational company that just established their firm in the state i was called and offered me the job. This manager used to kw me and and hw responsible i was then. The pay was not too fine then, so many ppl refused the offer but few of us accepted it. I was in this firm and obtained my B.Sc in Accountancy. Rose to an enviable position. The firm later became the choice of many. I dis this job for 16yrs. Acquired many certificates in and from this firm.

Second one was an offer made to me by one of my Lecturers in university. I did this job for 4 years.

Third one is this current job as a company Auditor. The job came wen i least expected it. An uncle that had forgotten after many year he promised to help me. I was surprised when he called me and tell me that he want me to attend an interview in a certain company as their Auditor. I was like, Sir, but i did not apply for the job. He just told me to attend the interview on the date he told me.
I went for the written interview. I was shortlisted for oral interview. Out of about 30 of us, only 2 were employed. I happened to be one out of the two. My CV was only submitted on the day of the oral interview.

I again tap into this in Jesus name. Amin.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by biotechshola(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
awelekiti:

Unfortunately, I read biotechnology but if you don't mind, I'm business oriented as well, I have worked before now as a sales executive and I've also helped my aunty handle her business sometimes back. my greatest strength is the ability to learn and adapt very fast, so I think my field of study would not be an hindrance afterall. You might also have colleagues who could help too. Thanks.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Pheelpraizly(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
awelekiti:
Sir, permit me to also send my CV. I studied Economics.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
biotechshola:

Unfortunately, I read biotechnology but if you don't mind, I'm business oriented as well, I have worked before now as a sales executive and I've also helped my aunty handle her business sometimes back. my greatest strength is the ability to learn and adapt very fast, so I think my field of study would not be an hindrance afterall. You might also have colleagues who could help too. Thanks.
that's my madam's email. She needs some people in the aforementioned fields. You may try your luck. Thank you
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Pheelpraizly:

Sir, permit me to also send my CV. I studied Economics.
ok
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
awelekiti:

Can I also send my c.v sir..? I studied Accounting Education.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by macanthony25(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Still submitting bro, when I'm done I will tell you
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by keko14: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
fufuNegusi:

Applying through a job site is a total waste 99% of the time
Except you apply through the company's own site or through a legit outsourcing firm
Not all this jobsite rubbish e.g jobberman, ngcareers and Co

You go apply tire.. .
if I have my way I will close down that yeye site called jobberman......
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by keko14: 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
Psoul:

your third job is called I know person that know person in the organization
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nddytex08(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
macanthony25:
Still submitting bro, when I'm done I will tell you

My waiting won't be in vain then.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Pheelpraizly(m): 12:14am On Jul 19, 2017
awelekiti:
ok
Thanks.
I have sent it sir.
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by xxgig(m): 11:02am On Jul 21, 2017
awelekiti:
that's my madam's email. She needs some people in the aforementioned fields. You may try your luck. Thank you
I had to check your profile seeing what you did earlier on. would have sent my CV too, bit I am guessing you are in the south west ( I hope I am wrong though) while I am presently in North central. I read some of your post, on travelling to to UK USA an Canada and saw the tread has been closed. a friend of mine recently decided to travel to UK to work. She is a nurse and a midwife. please what do you advice. thanks
Re: How Many Cv(s) Did You Submit For Your Job by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
xxgig:
I had to check your profile seeing what you did earlier on. would have sent my CV too, bit I am guessing you are in the south west ( I hope I am wrong though) while I am presently in North central. I read some of your post, on travelling to to UK USA an Canada and saw the tread has been closed. a friend of mine recently decided to travel to UK to work. She is a nurse and a midwife. please what do you advice. thanks
Yea, I'm in the south west. I'm an active contributor on NL's canada thread. I created something similar last year where I intended to offer visa advice for free, not knowing such a thread was already in existence so, the moderator closed it. I'm not an agent. In case you're interested in any of the aforementioned countries, please visit the thread and share your thoughts. People will surely help and guide you. I contribute on canada thread for free and at my leisure. There are other active members I that forum too, who are more experienced than I am. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Take This Sales Job? / N-Power Programme: FG Recruits 1,350 Youths As Extension Workers In Cross River / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.