Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. (4492 Views)

Fire At Abuja INEC Office / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Otobroto(f): 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2010
This is the latest development just reported by AIT. They showed Police carrying a coffin away right in front of INEC office at Awka. The interview was not very clear with some persons arrested, but more information later. That is the situation for now.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Otobroto(f): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
I fear for this election in Anambra.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
Otobroto:

This is the latest development just reported by AIT. They showed Police carrying a coffin away right in front of INEC office at Awka. The interview was not very clear with some persons arrested, but more information later. That is the situation for now.

I am not surprised at all. Afterall, elections in Nigeria are "do or die". More to happen, even as campaign ends at 12 midnight.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
Otobroto:

I am not surprised at all. Afterall, elections in Nigeria are "do or die". More to happen, even as campaign ends at 12 midnight.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by chidichris(m): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2010
@poster,
this is not the type of news we expect from u and others at this point in time.
all we need to hear is the timely death of iwu and the pdp chieftains.
if there must be any report of coffin, it must contain iwu or major pdp chieftains who have denied us sleep in our own fatherland.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
chidichris:

@poster,
this is not the type of news we expect from u and others at this point in time.
if there must be any report of coffin, it must contain iwu or major pdp chieftains who have denied us sleep in our own fatherland.

No body will really celebrate the death of a wicked man, but it will be a relief all the same. They have caused more harm than good for this nation. I know they have rigged-in Soludo already. I will not be surprised, but people will riot as a result, and I know they will announce curfew that will lead to swearing in of Soludo, and life continues. That is Iwu and his cohorts for you.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2010
This is why a law should be passed that any Nigerian who is found to believe in juju miust be arrested, tried for idiocy and jailed for six weeks, with hard labor!

Did the fools who put the coffin in front of the INEC office think that such a charade will scare any thinking mortal?

Does the Nigerian Police Force have an Anti-Juju Unit trained to dispose of objects, like this coffin, placed by hopelessly stupid "juju believers" trying to intimidate the public?

This ongoing nonsense of adults, who should be applying the matter inside their skull, displaying unimaginable stupidity in the guise of "doing juju" is too problematic to ignore.

How can too many Nigerians be this gullible? angry
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Afam(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2010
chidichris:

Speak for yourself especially when making ridiculous statements. Your mind is black. Iwu or INEC can only rig an election if you are ok with the rigging. To begin with, those of you who are living outside Nigeria contribute nothing to making the elections free and fair so easy with the statements.

RichyBlacK:

This is why a law should be passed that any Nigerian who is found to believe in juju miust be arrested, tried for idiocy and jailed for six weeks, with hard labor!

Did the fools who put the coffin in front of the INEC office think that such a charade will scare any thinking mortal?

Does the Nigerian Police Force have an Anti-Juju Unit trained to dispose of objects, like this coffin, placed by hopelessly silly "juju believers" trying to intimidate the public?

This ongoing nonsense of adults, who should be applying the matter inside their skull, displaying unimaginable stupidity in the guise of "doing juju" is too problematic to ignore.

How can too many Nigerians be this gullible? angry 

RichyBlack,

I don't want to turn this thread into a juju thread but I am worried that an intelligent person like you have taken the type of position you have taken on juju based on your knowledge in science just because you have not witnessed anything remotely related to the powers of juju.

I don't practice it, I personally don't give a damn about it and those who practice it but I have seen enough to know that juju (call it whatever name as long as it defies the laws of physics) exists. I don't have to dismiss it because I don't believe in it and I don't expect you to categorically say something does not exist simply because you are not convinced.

What will happen the day you experience what you can never explain or justify with science? Let us make our words light lest we are made to eat them and trust me I have seen people move from "Na lie, e no dey possible" to "Na wah oo, if to say I no see I no for ever believe".

Seeking proof or evidence and basing your position on the absence of either is a more acceptable position for an intelligent person like you.

Stop disappointing me my friend. There are both good and evil powers regardless of our beliefs.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
Afam:

Speak for yourself especially when making ridiculous statements. Your mind is black. Iwu or INEC can only rig an election if you are ok with the rigging. To begin with, those of you who are living outside Nigeria contribute nothing to making the elections free and fair so easy with the statements.

RichyBlack,

I don't want to turn this thread into a juju thread but I am worried that an intelligent person like you have taken the type of position you have taken on juju based on your knowledge in science just because you have not witnessed anything remotely related to the powers of juju.

I don't practice it, I personally don't give a damn about it and those who practice it but I have seen enough to know that juju (call it whatever name as long as it defies the laws of physics) exists. I don't have to dismiss it because I don't believe in it and I don't expect you to categorically say something does not exist simply because you are not convinced.

What will happen the day you experience what you can never explain or justify with science? Let us make our words light lest we are made to eat them and trust me I have seen people move from "Na lie, e no dey possible" to "Na wah oo, if to say I no see I no for ever believe".

Seeking proof or evidence and basing your position on the absence of either is a more acceptable position for an intelligent person like you.

Stop disappointing me my friend. There are both good and evil powers regardless of our beliefs.

I will concur with you to a large extent, except for trying to personalise it initially. No matter what anyone says, juju exist, and the powers are very potent. It is not wrong for one to say, he does not believe in it, but everything is wrong about any statement that denies its existence.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by selingel: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
Wonders shall never end. I watched it too on AIT. I never really heard what happened, and the interview. The voice recording was very poor, but I know something will happen in this election. GOD save Anambra! GOD save Nigeria!!.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by mekuszyx: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2010
Rigging, violence and false claims are not unexpected in Anambra election. Not when Anambra is still part of Nigeria. The only situation where I will be worried is if people are killed or gravely maimed, taking Anambra to the level of Yoruba states where people are traditionally killed at the slightest political imbroglio.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by selingel: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
mekuszyx:

Rigging, violence and false claims are not unexpected in Anambra election. Not when Anambra is still part of Nigeria. The only situation where I will be worried is if people are killed or gravely maimed, taking Anambra to the level of Yoruba states where people are traditionally killed at the slightest political imbroglio.

Haba! Mr. Mekuszyx, why are you always against these Yoruba people? Why?
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2010
Awka is in Yorubaland thats why

Its located in osun state
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by onyengbu1(m): 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
This election will end up to be one of the freest and fairest guber elections in Nigeria.

I am in awka and everything is more than normal here except for the fearsome looking red beret mopol, SWAT mopol and tanks everywhere
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by mekuszyx: 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
tpia.:

Awka is in Yorubaland thats why

Its located in osun state

Sharrap, Wait until somebody is killed in the ensuing political brouhaha. This is not Yoruba deadly politics ok?
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by mekuszyx: 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2010
Staggered elections in Nigeria (such as Anambra holding it before other states) might well turn out to be the panacea to our election problems. All the arsenal of law enforcement will be amassed in that one state, bringing about a freer and fairer election than when every state is holding it simultaneously, given our limited law enforcement capability
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Onlytruth(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Does the Nigerian Police Force have an Anti-Juju Unit trained to dispose of objects, like this coffin, placed by hopelessly silly "juju believers" trying to intimidate the public?

This is the same question I was asking myself. How come all these jujus don't work on the police? Ndi Polisi abu isi ekwe onwu?
How come they simply marched into the notorious Okija shrine and sacked the place with all the human remains in tow?
To cap it all, these cops don't even think twice before removing these things and NOTHING HAPPENS to them. Nonsense!
For once I would say a huge thank you to the Nigeria police.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Kadejo(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
I pray dat innocient life wil nt b claimd in dis comin election
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by PapaBrowne(m): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
This election might just turn out to be the freest and fairest election Nigeria ever witnessed!

The campaigning by the contestants have been the best I've witnessed in Nigeria.

From all the reports I'm hearing, Soludo seems like the most popular candidate!
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by bawomolo(m): 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
I will concur with you to a large extent, except for trying to personalise it initially. No matter what anyone says, juju exist, and the powers are very potent. It is not wrong for one to say, he does not believe in it, but everything is wrong about any statement that denies its existence.

the power of juju is so potent that European armies were able to blast yall to submission during the scramble for Africa.  Keep on believing in that crap while the rest of the world have moved on.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by MrCrackles(m): 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
Lawd Hammercy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
bawomolo:

the power of juju is so potent that European armies were able to blast yall to submission during the scramble for Africa.  Keep on believing in that crap while the rest of the world have moved on.

I really pity those who do not believe that there is Juju. It exist, and it is potent. The Europeans too can testify that it really exits, but the divide and rule method they used, really helped them in their quest. It was even easier in Northern Nigeria where they met a more organised traditional setting. If there is no Juju, what is Okija shrine doing in Igboland? Why are the Yoruba's involved in ritual killings? Why do we have one shrine or the other across the country?
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
I must clear the air here, I do not believe juju can help one in whatever, but denying its existence, baffles!.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by bawomolo(m): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
Enjoyment1:

It exist, and it is potent. The Europeans too can testify that it really exits, but the divide and rule method they used, really helped them in their quest.

juju exists but somehow divide and rule by oyibo confused the gods?

It was even easier in Northern Nigeria where they met a more organised traditional setting. If there is no Juju, what is Okija shrine doing in Igboland?

Okija shrine because some people are still blinded by delusions and archaic traditions.  The Oba of benin got his backside whipped by the British while claiming to a "god".   

Why are the Yoruba's involved in ritual killings? Why do we have one shrine or the other across the country?

yeah because ritual killings do work

I must clear the air here, I do not believe juju can help one in whatever, but denying its existence, baffles!.

mammy water exists too
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
Anambra 2010: INEC officials flee as casket is found at Awka office
By Our Correspondent, Published: Thursday, 4 Feb 2010

The 2010 Anambra gubernatorial election which holds on Saturday may have taken a diabolic twist as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission in the state capital, Awka, arrived for work on Thursday morning and found a casket deposited beside the commission’s gate.

The shocked officials refused to enter their offices and watched from a safe distance until the Police removed the casket around 9am.
The Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Josiah Uwazuruonye confirmed the story. He said those that dropped it intended to scare the commission’s officials.
“ We are not scared, they are cowards”, he said.
The REC said the commission was committed to conducting the election in spite of the incident.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010020413203725
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
Maurice Iwu

Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2010
Enjoyment1:

The 2010 Anambra gubernatorial election which holds on Saturday may have taken a diabolic twist as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission in the state capital, Awka, arrived for work on Thursday morning and found a casket deposited beside the commission’s gate.

The shocked officials refused to enter their offices and watched from a safe distance until the Police removed the casket around 9am.
The Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Josiah Uwazuruonye confirmed the story. He said those that dropped it intended to scare the commission’s officials.
The REC said the commission was committed to conducting the election in spite of the incident.

Jazz meets Jazz!. Anambra elections continues!.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
if juju does exist and is potent, why is it involving coffins - an invention of the white man? now if one had seen a corpse placed in front of the office . . .
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 12:23am On Feb 05, 2010
oyb:

if juju does exist and is potent, why is it involving coffins - an invention of the white man? now if one had seen a corpse placed in front of the office . . .

Do you know that, sometimes, what a man believes in can kill him? If a man believes in Juju and it works for him, will you deny the availability of it?
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Enjoyment1(f): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2010
As for the coffin, it might mean a symbol of threat to INEC officials whom they presume might rig the elections. Whoever brought it, believed in it!.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by Hardtalk: 12:57am On Feb 05, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Anambra 2010: INEC officials flee as casket is found at Awka office
By Our Correspondent, Published: Thursday, 4 Feb 2010

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010020413203725

Just an ordinary state election and it is like these!, then 2011 elections will make or mare Nigeria.
Re: Coffin Placed In Front Of Inec Office In Awka - Ait Reports. by selingel: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2010
Hardtalk:

Just an ordinary state election and it is like these!, then 2011 elections will make or mare Nigeria.

Anambra state's election is not just an ordinary election. It is that of so many intellects trying to reshape the fortune of that state. I can say here, that the state stands ahead of so many states in Nigeria, and even amongst other Igbo states. Whatever happens there, will be a major concern to the whole federation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Dirty War Over Money Tears Punch Apart-a Must Read / Why Igp Ordered Arrest Of Police Inspector In Lagos / Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.