Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? (17045 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by upuphim(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2017
Its not the best to say no to such request and the only that will satisfy him is the total amount but human being are difficult to satisfy. Package N10,000 for him not as loan but enable him try other sources if it entails travelling.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by dayleke: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2017
EfemenaXY:

You didn't get me.

Wetin I mean be say: pessin wey borrow money for your hand and never repay am yet - e dey fit come back to you for more knowing dem still dey owe you?

Cc: sambarry

My sister, they don't care.
No be pesin wey get shame go be ashamed?
Dem go tell you say," Don't worry,I've not forgotten about the previous one one o. I go pay everything together ."
Been there,done that .
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by dayleke: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Nma27:
Kiss that lil somfin byebye.

Yes o my sister.
As if you dey dia sef.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by dayleke: 10:40am On Aug 03, 2017
ladyF:
It's after you give out the loan that you'd realise how heartless your friend is.

I usually don't give out loans greater than what I can afford to lose but certain times, certain people appeal to your emotions and you break your own rules. The disappointment I'm facing from a very fresh experience has reset my mumu brain. Money that somebody is managing angry

Never again sha...

Gbam!!!!
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by humblemikel(f): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2017
i borrowed a friend 25,000 since Feb 2017
i'm still begging her till date to refund.
some humans are ingrate
please dont give if you cant forfeit it.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2017
cochtrane:

You had no business supporting a "boyfriend's dreams" with cash. You really didn't.

I don't really care whose dreams it is, If I perceive the individual is business smart, driven with a feasible business plan I can make profit from and own at least 40% of it...I am damn right supporting it.

The individual in this case happens to be a boyfriend...whether he leaves or stays, my 40% remains mine and his debts, almost cleared. Win-Win.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
darlenese:

bro I dnt Care o, they already call me stingy, wicked, bla bla bla, but I wasn't born to please anyone.

early this year a lady in the same business as me was asking for a huge amount of money to enable her get a property and that it was urgent , she claimed she would pay back with interest , I suggested she gets loan from the co-operative society she was in instead as I do not have the amount of money she was asking for, quess what her response was? " you are too stingy " See me see wahala, we are in the struggle together . who borrows money to buy property, I dey forbid to buy property myself.

our friendship is now cold, but I "careth not" as long as I dnt loose my sweat .

Young lady, I like your type.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Jane1234f(f): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
let him apply for youwin connect, it ends August 30,http://apply.Youwinconnet.org.ng
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by cochtrane(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ziinno:

I don't really care whose dreams it is, If I perceive the individual is business smart, driven with a feasible business plan I can make profit from and own at least 40% of it...I am damn right supporting it.

The individual in this case happens to be a boyfriend...whether he leaves or stays, my 40% remains mine and his debts, almost cleared. Win-Win.

Well and good, what you described. Except there's evident conflict of interest here. And you got it mixed with business. Your professional and personal interests can't fit into the same pot without problems.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by helinues: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
Coldfeets:
Poverty can make so many people so effing heartless.

You may have all the money in this world but your poverty mentality will make you to be concentrating on scarcity rather than abundance.

Your friends needs the money.

You have the money.

You don't want to give him.

Why?

It's because you're wicked.

You will still spend almost that amount or even more on flimsy things like weed, parties, ho's etc

Why not get your friend to sign an IOU agreement or even offer him half of what he requested for if you are so afraid he might not repay instead of simply refusing to give him?

You think it's easy for a man to ask another man for money?

My guy, this life na turn by turn o!

Be warned.

Should I send his account details to you? Cos it seems like you are father Christmas

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by helinues: 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

OP, your friend is here

Just imagine his reasoning..I guess he is one of them
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
cochtrane:

Well and good, what you described. Except there's evident conflict of interest here. And you got it mixed with business. Your professional and personal interests can't fit into the same pot without problems.

I'm not going to say the outcome has all been a unicorn that could fart rainbows, There's been times professional decisions have created strife in our personal lives but...who wants boring old normal? Lol.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by cococandy(f): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
What even makes you people think it's okay to throw away 50k or even 10k to an ungrateful friend?
I'd rather give it to a beggar in the street
edmasta01:
Here's the best thing to do:

1. Ask yourself, how much is it that you can give to this friend/family member if they ask you to give them (not loan) without feeling the pinch.

If it's N50,000 or N70,000 etc.

2. Tell him/her....Sorry I don't have N500,000 right now. But I have N70,000 that I can loan you. If you send me your account number, I will transfer it right away.

3. Transfer (what you can afford to lose) and then forget it.

Here's what will happen....

a. Your friend will be happy that you at least gave him a little out of what he asked. Your friendship will not be ruined

If he is jealous or angry with you after doing the above, then you need a new friend.

b. He will collect the money and NEVER return that money back to you. But at least you will be happy that you only loaned what you can afford to lose.

Personal experience: A friend asked me for a N1.5 Million loan about 7 years ago. I emptied my account and gave to him. Up till now, I am yet to recover it.

Another experience: Another friend asked me for 150,000 naira about two years ago. I learnt my lesson from the previous one. I gave him N40,000 (as the money I can afford to lose) even though I had a lot more in my account.

Well...up till now, this friend is yet to give back the N40,000. He did not even mention it or say anything about it.

Trust me, the above is the ONLY way you can have peace of mind without ruining friendship. Learn from me. Be wise!
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
For those asking if he shows off.
What's wrong with owning nice things if you can afford it? I'm sure his friends see his nice car or nice house and assume he has money to give them.

That's not showing off. That's enjoying the fruit of your hardwork. If you will avoid giving yourself nice things in order to prevent anyone from thinking you're rich, then there's no point doing the work at all. Might as well stay poor.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by cochtrane(m): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ziinno:

I'm not going to say the outcome has all been a unicorn that could fart rainbows, There's been times professional decisions have created strife in our personal lives but...who wants boring old normal? Lol.
Oh I see. You like adventures, money-wasting adventures smiley
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
cochtrane:
Oh I see. You like adventures, money-wasting adventures smiley
Do we really have to put a label on it?
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by cochtrane(m): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ziinno:

Do we really have to put a label on it?
Why not? Doesn't deserve one?
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
cochtrane:
Why not? Doesn't deserve one?
From someone without all of the facts, I think not.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 04, 2017
PDPGuy:

Same here. I'm not giving anyone money unless they promise to pay back. I got bills to pay too

I see you are stingy. undecided Good night handsome.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by PDPGuy: 2:56am On Aug 04, 2017
FortuneTeller:

I see you are stingy. undecided Good night handsome.
Haha
My dear, we are all stingy in one way or the other.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by charlsecy(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2017
helinues:
A friend borrowed $400 like 2 years ago, he never even talked about it.
"Never lend money you can't afford to lose" is in order.

I lent N200,000 to a maternal relative of mine; I lent N100,000 to a Christian brother who runs a ministry; I lent N150,000 to a friend; I lent N40,000 to a girl.

In all, only the girl managed to return N20,000. None of my male friends mentioned above has returned a dime to me, and it's been years now. I even understand why the girl couldn't pay up, following the illness and later on, the death of her father.

More, I lent N100,000 to a businessman. He was delaying re-payment until I involved the market task force. In instalments, he re-paid the loan.

Many more are coming for financial assistance, but guess what, I have learnt my lessons.

darlenese:
my friends are always over rating me when it comes to money
I can relate with this. I don't know why, but there is this tendency for people to overrate one's finances.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by helinues: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2017
charlsecy:
"Never lend money you can't afford to lose" is in order.

I lent N200,000 to a maternal relative of mine; I lent N100,000 to a Christian brother who runs a ministry; I lent N150,000 to a friend; I lent N40,000 to a girl.

In all, only the girl managed to return N20,000. None of my male friends mentioned above has returned a dime to me, and it's been years now. I even understand why the girl couldn't pay up, following the illness and later on, the death of her father.

More, I lent N100,000 to a businessman. He was delaying re-payment until I involved the market task force. In instalments, he re-paid the loan.

Many more are coming for financial assistance, but guess what, I have learnt my lessons.

I can relate with this. I don't know why, but there is this tendency for people to overrate one's finances.

Imagine all what you stated above.. I think helping stranger is the best. No expectation in return
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by SAMBARRY: 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
grin

O my darling! Quite a while.i Don miss o grin

Ok so person borrow person money e no con return am? grin

Ehya pele.na so we see am.when you want to get your money back you don't do gentleman style or lady.you get dirty e.g tearing the person cloth in public,slapping the person or generally harassing and disgracing the person till she becomes very uncomfortable and returns your money.

No go perform this stunt for oyinbo man land o.Na for naija o.moreover the bible in Ecclesiastes said THERE is time for everything under the sun.a time to be a lady or gentleman and the time to show yourself.500k is not beans.with 500k I can refurnish my house and stock the store for the next 3 months.you dey form americana
EfemenaXY:

You didn't get me.

Wetin I mean be say: pessin wey borrow money for your hand and never repay am yet - e dey fit come back to you for more knowing dem still dey owe you?

Cc: sambarry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The "K" snacks for the Family / Caught My Husband From Cheating :/ / Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.