Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,629 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. (49554 Views)

I Were Just Denied Visa Today / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today / Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:

tourism for nine days.

my business makes 300 to 400k monthly.

If it's only tourism for 9 days then why are you so pained? It's your cash you intend spending so it's quite suspicious of you to be so emotional about it except you have other valid reason(s) another point is that Czech is not a popular tourist destination so let's know the real reason why you are going there

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by infolekan(m): 2:08am On Jul 19, 2017
I understand how it feels when one is denied a visa....I have been through it before. Took several things for granted.
You have enough personal ties considering you have a husband and kids in the country....any reason why you're traveling alone? Are the kids on break or in session?
How long have you been running your business? Did you take the to show your income and expenditures? Even copy of online money made?
Their default setting is to deny..you have to convince them not to?
I think the length of time you've been running your company...,what your husband does for a living and if there was any previous history of travel are very important.
Traveling to Czech Republic on a tourist visa is suspect on its own and you and I both know you can't really be visiting Czech for tourism....it's not a destination first time tourist spot neither is Canada or Australia and unless you've visited other places or you have families there.....UK, US, France, Italy and other Western European countries are better considering you are genuine.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by goodnews777: 2:19am On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:
I feel so sad, I summited the relevant documents all genuine. yet they refused me. please who can explain this reason to me in a lay's man English " The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of your intended stay was not reliable"

They said you lied.period.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by escapefromusa(f): 3:30am On Jul 19, 2017
bigass123:
Dom account available undecided

Pull 55% of your cash into it.
If you have land titles add that to your asset column.

Clean up your facebook accounts. Especially the photos.

Facebook photos need to progress like this. University , Nysc, work, marriage , babies , friends.

They check your facebook and linkedin grin

Where do you work ? Biz or 9 - 5.

I assume u filled in the forms properly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by justwise(m): 5:35am On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:
1.5m

You should be thanking them for refusing a visa.

You earn 300-400K gross profit a month and you want to spend 1.5M in just 9days to see a country as a married woman?

Your business is your strongest tie to Nigeria and by digging so deep into your business capital you have weakened your tie to Nigeria

That does not make any financial sense, you don't spend your business capital on non-business foreign trip, you spend your profit from that business on such trip and attach a breakdown of your expenditure and places you wish to visit while in that country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 19, 2017
So sorry dear
Add land documents when reapplying such as survey plan,deed of assignment and receipt of purchase.
ebyjoyken:

My CAC,
personal account statement with 3.5m
my children's birth certificate
my marriage certificate
hotel reservations
flight reservations
tax clearance
holiday itinerary
consent letter from my husband

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 19, 2017
justwise:

You should be thanking them for refusing a visa.

You earn 300-400K gross profit a month and you want to spend 1.5M in just 9days to see a country as a married woman?

Your business is your strongest tie to Nigeria and by digging so deep into your business capital you have weakened your tie to Nigeria

That does not make any financial sense, you don't spend your business capital on non-business foreign trip, you spend your profit from that business on such trip and attach a breakdown of your expenditure and places you wish to visit while in that country.
I went with my personal account not the company's account. I included places I want to see. the 1.5m my flight ticket was added to it. Thank you for your contribution. I will reapply next year.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:
I feel so sad, I summited the relevant documents all genuine. yet they refused me. please who can explain this reason to me in a lay's man English " The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of your intended stay was not reliable"

There's evidence that u wee get to the shenegen area and run away ooo... that's what they don't want to do.

Nigerians always want to travel to Europe n America wiyjiuy ever travelling to another destinations, like within Africa.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by scobaba: 8:47am On Jul 19, 2017
op u resemble runs geh? e fit b d reason. sad
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by LaaJiblik: 9:07am On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:
I went with my personal account not the company's account. I included places I want to see. the 1.5m my flight ticket was added to it. Thank you for your contribution. I will reapply next year.

You sure say na merely "TOURISM" you wan go so??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by justwise(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:

You needed to present both personal and business account, one showing business dealing activities and the other your profit from your business
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2017
justwise:

You needed to present both personal and business account, one showing business dealing activities and the other your profit from your business
ok thank you. Will do that next time.
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by fpeter(f): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2017
asokid:
how can you be denied cheap american visa?

cheap keh? well i never knew it was that easy to get.
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Seg05: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2017
You are so funny

eph12:
They don't trust Nigerians to leave when due again because our president Buhari has refused to leave too.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by fpeter(f): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2017
Supporting documents to be submitted for validation of certificates

Print
Nigeria - Visas
1. Criminal record of the last five years – Certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

2. Statement occupying property (e.g. House) – Certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

3. Certificate of employment of the last three years.

4. Salary slips of the last three years

5. Tax clearance certificate, of the last three years – certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

6. Bank statement (bank account and balance) of the last three years.

7. Health certificate – certified from: a) public Hospital, and b) Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

8. Certificate of celibacy (for Singles) – Certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

9. Marriage certificate - Certified by M.F.A. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

10. Family certificate - Certified by M.F.A. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

11. Birth certificate - Certified by M.F.A. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy.

12.Original letter in Greek from the Receiver (Authority Requesting the Validation) of certificates, to clarify accurately the reason of usage - Certified by Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

13. Proof of commercial activities in Nigeria and resent business contacts, the continuation of the commercial relationship with the company that invites (contracts, bills, commercial correspondence etc) (for Businessmen – Companies)

Notice: documents provided should be in photocopies but originals must be submitted during the interview.

Postscript: Authorized person only with Power of Attorney.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
ebyjoyken:

As I know, Europe especially base their visa issuance on your financial standing only to make sure that you will be able to take care of yourself while on a visit , try to repackage yourself and re-apply
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Schwartz: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

If it's only tourism for 9 days then why are you so pained? It's your cash you intend spending so it's quite suspicious of you to be so emotional about it except you have other valid reason(s) another point is that Czech is not a popular tourist destination so let's know the real reason why you are going there
You're wrong my dear. I have visited that country. Prague to be precise, the capital of Czech. There were thousands and thousands of different nationalities visiting that city.The crowds I met there was truly surprising. Infact its one of the most visited places in world for tourism. 7 out of 10 people you see are there for tourism only. A spectacular and beautiful city I must say..

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by ezychris(m): 3:16am On Sep 02, 2017

You really don't have to know someone, you can book hotel before applying.

But knowing someone that earns enough and have a permanent residency who is willing to file some papers for you down there can make a huge difference.

Hello bro, please what kinda document is supposed to be filed? I've a family member in the schengen area, Sweden to be precise.
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by cocolacec(m): 4:58am On Sep 02, 2017
ebyjoyken:

The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
• You have made contradictory statements on the purpose of stay.
https://www.nairaland.com/3812599/reasons-schengen-visa-refusal-explanation
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by cocolacec(m): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
ladylco:

That is not true, you can apply through any of the schengel countries, all you need tp do is to defend the reason for refusal, you can reapply and write explaining how reliable your documents and purpose of visit is. I had a similar experiences in the past, on one occasion, my sister whom I put in application for was refused, I reapplied and I stated her defence and she was granted then another occasion, i was involve, i just wrote them and i was called apologised to and i was asked to bring my passport along with those whom i submitted with and we were all granted. But of course all your documents must be genuine.

Dont even bother appealing as they will not even attend to it, it simply a waste of time as the appeal will never be attended to.

All the best

Hi ladylco,
I have a relative of 60yrs who wants to apply for schengen visa.She has a US. Visa and doesnot av a company.Her occupation is selling foodstuffs .she has closing bank statment of abt 2m or more

She wants to take a 4 day tour in schengen zone from US.What are her chances of getting a schengen visa and additional document she needs apartfrom the general requirement?Thanks
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by lonlytroy(m): 12:10am On Nov 07, 2017
emmancecute:

Shengen area are 26 EU states with open borders with each other n also share a common passport. Few of them are Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Norway..... Just like ecowas.

And its so annoying that Africans can't migrate to other africa countries without their sticker visa

African is the problem of the world especially South African
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by lonlytroy(m): 12:13am On Nov 07, 2017
France was the first to deny me visa with almost 7m in my account for same reason they gave u, I didn't give up so I tried Germany, they also denied me Visa.
I will not give up, since there is no Hope in this Hell called country

3 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by lonlytroy(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2017
gypsey:
i suggest you reapply but not imideately wait for atleast A year otherwise they will refuse you again and still keep your money, and the reason for your refusal is just their basic refusal reasons it doesn't mean your documents were not authentic they would have made that decision before you even submit your documents to refuse you. Good luck!

Exactly, do you know that German embassy were already aware of my denied France visa even before my interview and the letter they attached to my passport was issued a day before my interview

Honestly it's very annoying
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Yommieyomi: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2017
very correct.I totally agree with your point.
and i appreciate that reasoning broda.
Solatium:

Spot on bro,those guy's at those embassies are rogue,they got templates for that particular reason,once they can't fault your documents,they just tick that portion
Re: I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. by Babaelemu: 7:53am On Nov 20, 2017
Increase your worker wages or better still look around someone is in need help with N1.5 m don't go lavish it in Europe they already have more than enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows / This Is Arochukwu, Abia State / Best City In Nigeria To Live In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.