Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

FG Vs Nigerian Artistes Saga; My Opinion - By Pediakauthor - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FG Vs Nigerian Artistes Saga; My Opinion - By Pediakauthor (525 Views)

OPINION: 8 Best Movies To Stream On Showmax This Month / Kemen And Tboss Trend After Esther And Frodd Pant Saga, Tboss Video Dug Up / Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Vs Nigerian Artistes Saga; My Opinion - By Pediakauthor by PediakAuthor: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
I support FG for banning the production of music videos and movies abroad for so many reasons, though Nigeria is not yet prepared and matured to take such a very huge decision right now, considering the several pros and cons of the policy.

Advantageously, the implementation of this policy will conserve the much needed foreign exchange in Nigeria in an attempt to strengthen the presently devalued Naira.

Furthermore, employment opportunities will be generated for local media producers in Nigeria, and all the cadres of labour, be it skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled will benefit.

Thirdly, promotion of Nigeria's culture, tourism and arts will be facilitated in an attempt to showcase the hidden treasure of Nigeria to the outside world.

Ultimately, the policy will advantageously pave way for upcoming artistes to secure a competitive edge in the Nigeria's entertainment industry. As it is now, I mean in Nigeria of today, it is very difficult for any upcoming artiste to "blow" without an outlandish/exotic music video. Days of MP3/Radio promo and marketing, or local music video is gone. That's the fact!

Socially, the Nigerian Government will be able to control some explicit (18+) video contents if they are produced in Nigeria. The Nigerian Kids shouldn't be exposed to certain media contents. As it is right now, the Nigerian government doesn't have the control over most of all the explicit videos since they were produced abroad and will also later be aired on the Nigerian TV. Does it make sense We all witnessed some non-Nigerian contents being produced on live TV in the just-concluded Big Brother Naija; of which those contents were later streamed for Nigerians' consumption with the FG having no power to bring them down. It was an ugly experience in Nigeria, most especially the coco factor!!! If such contents were produced in Nigeria, believe me, the FG will stop it by all means!

For fun; In my own understanding, the inception of this saga surfaced during the just-concluded Big Brother Naija TV show that took place in South Africa. In my own perspective; that show was not real, why How will Multichoice camp Nigerians for several months without power outage Abeg! "Up Nepa" is part of our logo in Naija here. Make the reality show real with naija seasonings. Lolzz. Just for fun tho!

Nevertheless, we all understand the rate at which the world is developing in terms of entertainment, people need consume quality contents these days, nothing less and nothing more. Nigerian artistes now have the competitive edge in the international market due to their outlandish exposures in media productions. Infact, some Naija artistes are now endorsed as brand ambassadors for some multinational companies, and so many other advantages being gained by Nigerian artistes due to their outlandish exposures via their classy and quality music videos being produced abroad.
All these foreign shows, and international endorsements have recently increased Nigeria's GNP - Gross National Product and have also contributed to international relation, economic and social development.

Also, most Disc Jockeys seldom play foreign musics in parties as it was in the previous decades of plantation boyz. These days, na Naija jamz 95%; this is due to the fact that Nigeria artistes have already secured the competitive edge over most of all the foreign artistes with respect to the quality and outlandish music videos and musica contents.

On the other way around, the FG should make Nigeria conducive for quality production of the various media contents. There is also an urgent need for good infrastructure and social amenities; good roads, security, modern health facilities and others should be provided in order to make the Nigerian environment conducive for such business. Let the FG put these things in place.

Most importantly; FG should lead by example by patronizing Nigeria's local content products in all facets. I might not be going into details right now. It's better to drop the pen here.

Conclusively, after considering the pros and cons of this proposed policy, its implementation is for Nigerians' advantage, the FG only needs to put certain things in place for its full-flowering.

Thanks.
PediakAuthor
Re: FG Vs Nigerian Artistes Saga; My Opinion - By Pediakauthor by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
PediakAuthor:
I support FG for banning the production of music videos and movies abroad for so many reasons, though Nigeria is not yet prepared and matured to take such a very huge decision right now, considering the several pros and cons of the policy.

Advantageously, the implementation of this policy will conserve the much needed foreign exchange in Nigeria in an attempt to strengthen the presently devalued Naira.

Furthermore, employment opportunities will be generated for local media producers in Nigeria, and all the cadres of labour, be it skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled will benefit.

Thirdly, promotion of Nigeria's culture, tourism and arts will be facilitated in an attempt to showcase the hidden treasure of Nigeria to the outside world.

Ultimately, the policy will advantageously pave way for upcoming artistes to secure a competitive edge in the Nigeria's entertainment industry. As it is now, I mean in Nigeria of today, it is very difficult for any upcoming artiste to "blow" without an outlandish/exotic music video. Days of MP3/Radio promo and marketing, or local music video is gone. That's the fact!

Socially, the Nigerian Government will be able to control some explicit (18+) video contents if they are produced in Nigeria. The Nigerian Kids shouldn't be exposed to certain media contents. As it is right now, the Nigerian government doesn't have the control over most of all the explicit videos since they were produced abroad and will also later be aired on the Nigerian TV. Does it make sense We all witnessed some non-Nigerian contents being produced on live TV in the just-concluded Big Brother Naija; of which those contents were later streamed for Nigerians' consumption with the FG having no power to bring them down. It was an ugly experience in Nigeria, most especially the coco factor!!! If such contents were produced in Nigeria, believe me, the FG will stop it by all means!

For fun; In my own understanding, the inception of this saga surfaced during the just-concluded Big Brother Naija TV show that took place in South Africa. In my own perspective; that show was not real, why How will Multichoice camp Nigerians for several months without power outage Abeg! "Up Nepa" is part of our logo in Naija here. Make the reality show real with naija seasonings. Lolzz. Just for fun tho!

Nevertheless, we all understand the rate at which the world is developing in terms of entertainment, people need consume quality contents these days, nothing less and nothing more. Nigerian artistes now have the competitive edge in the international market due to their outlandish exposures in media productions. Infact, some Naija artistes are now endorsed as brand ambassadors for some multinational companies, and so many other advantages being gained by Nigerian artistes due to their outlandish exposures via their classy and quality music videos being produced abroad.
All these foreign shows, and international endorsements have recently increased Nigeria's GNP - Gross National Product and have also contributed to international relation, economic and social development.

Also, most Disc Jockeys seldom play foreign musics in parties as it was in the previous decades of plantation boyz. These days, na Naija jamz 95%; this is due to the fact that Nigeria artistes have already secured the competitive edge over most of all the foreign artistes with respect to the quality and outlandish music videos and musica contents.

On the other way around, the FG should make Nigeria conducive for quality production of the various media contents. There is also an urgent need for good infrastructure and social amenities; good roads, security, modern health facilities and others should be provided in order to make the Nigerian environment conducive for such business. Let the FG put these things in place.

Most importantly; FG should lead by example by patronizing Nigeria's local content products in all facets. I might not be going into details right now. It's better to drop the pen here.

Conclusively, after considering the pros and cons of this proposed policy, its implementation is for Nigerians' advantage, the FG only needs to put certain things in place for its full-flowering.

Thanks.
PediakAuthor
This deserve front page. I hope it wouldn't be plagiarized by someone else or my comment deleted should incase the moderators move this to front page

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Nigerian Artistes Saga; My Opinion - By Pediakauthor by amylomo(f): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2017
Hmm
Re: FG Vs Nigerian Artistes Saga; My Opinion - By Pediakauthor by efilimu(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
PediakAuthor:

Thanks.
PediakAuthor
I wrote an article on the merits of making films/music videos locally in the url below
https://www.efilimu.com/film-music-production/

(1) (Reply)

HAVE DOUBT By Olawale David Oyinlade / T / Fast And Furious 9 Feud: Vin Diesel Says Dwayne Johnson Isn't To Blame For Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.