Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,333 members, 7,829,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice (1013 Views)

386 Injured Soldiers, Others Quit Military / Kaduna Government Gives Conditions For El-Zakzaky To Travel / Nigerians On Social Media Mock Lekki Residents Over Recent Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by ijustdey: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2017
The Federal Government has directed residents of flood prone areas to quickly evacuate to safer places to avoid impending danger.

This is just as environmental experts have predicted intense flooding across the country this year.

The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) and Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA), in their rainfall prediction and flood outlook for 2017, had listed local council areas in almost all the states of the federation as likely to be affected by flooding.

Director General of National Orientation Agency (NOA), Dr. Garba Abari, who gave the advice, while speaking with newsmen, said residents of the states and councils listed should take it seriously by taking measures to move out of the areas in the first instance to safeguard assets and property in and around the area.

Abari also urged Nigerians to, “adopt simple environmental safeguards, including opening of waterways and stopping the dumping of refuse in gutters, among others.”

He further warned Nigerians to, “stop building houses along designated water channels to avoid blockage that could cause flooding and brace up to their responsibility of clearing drainages and possibly invoke environmental laws towards flood mitigation in the country.”

The Minister of Water Resources, Suleiman Adamu, had said that summary of the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency, showed that approximately 30 states and over 100 local government areas were categorised as high flood risk areas and therefore should expect flooding.

He said, “In the coastal areas, including Lagos, Port Harcourt and Calabar, possible coastal flooding in these places were mentioned in the NlHSA’s flood outlook.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/19/flood-nigerian-government-gives-lekki-residents-others-quit-notice/

lalasticlala
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by taylor88(m): 7:55am On Jul 19, 2017
good
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2017
Heheheheheheheh, lekki na ocean na
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2017
Welcome to the mainland guys..I still don't see the fuss about island
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2017
After paying millions for house rent now that money hav been wasted Thank God my Bros no follow em friends move to lekki
we stayed back in Oshodi
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by IdeyFindWife: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2017
Evacuate, ehn?

And go where?

Wey you provide wey dem go occupy?! If Lekki na water before, will Lagos land-reclaiming be the first of its kind globally? So, is there nothing else that can be done in remedying the situation than to mumuishly start ceding the Lekki back to the ocean? It's a pity that the time and funds for really building Nigeria into a true giants have been looted off already; all we have left is just a struggling husk trying to survive. Didn't Dubai build Islands completely on water? Nigerian governments are always calling for the masses and private sector to make sacrifices while sitting on their dunderheads and fat arsses doing no jackshyt!

Don't they realize that relocating Lekki inhabitants may cost more than redirecting the flow, building dams, embankments etc which may even power Hydro stations? Most govt agencies are staffed with jokers anyway. Even this jocular administration's chief jester sef dey London enjoying the colossal joke.

IneedSugarMumy1:
Heheheheheheheh, lekki na ocean na
Guy, wen u land? U tey for road o cheesy!...me dey find wife, u dey find ayangba for kerewa? Carry bench come siddon here make i introduce you to the boys whu go blow ur runs well well.
Leave lekki pipo, by the time this ineffectual govt is done wiv dem, na we ND go dey export canoe go their side plus original Akpeteshi/Sapele-Water to ginger their jinjo cheesy!
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2017
grin
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

Guy, wen u land? U tey for road o!...me dey find wife, u dey find ayangba for kerewa? Carry bench come siddon here make i introduce you to the boys whu go blow ur runs well well.

Blow my runs how?
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by Lanretoye(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2017
Park go where after paying though my nose to rent an apartment,make the water kuku carry me go o.
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2017
And its now they are giving a forcast?

After lots of areas have long been flooded and eroded..

Well, God has a reason for natural disasters to elude Nigeria, other wise its a forgone case.
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by three: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2017
Mischievous OP

But your point is taken. Insatiable Greed on the part of the government and some land owners is the underlying reason for the floods.

It will be worse next year and every year after that
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by Moreoffaith(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2017
where do they expect them to move to

ikorodu or sango..

Abeg I never dey ready to dey pay ×2 of my house rent o cos if dem land mainland now landlord eye go dey shu nio.
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by IdeyFindWife: 9:01am On Jul 19, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:

Blow my runs how?

ShugahMommie Int'l Plc runs cool /correct ones wey gather pay/
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by Tittos: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2017
Height of incompetency. You are warning people about flooding and giving evacuation notice after the flood has already caused damages.
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

ShugahMommie Int'l Plc runs cool /correct ones wey gather pay/

I need am oh
Re: Flood: Nigerian Government Gives Lekki Residents, Others Quit Notice by IdeyFindWife: 10:22am On Jul 19, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:

I need am oh

Welcome to the clique, your Club-Pass will soon be sent to your inbox soon

Meanwhile,
#RichBigBooty fall on you bro grin!

(1) (Reply)

I'll Return To Nigeria Once My Doctor Gives Me The Go Ahead - Buhari / Press Release By IPOB USA. / Nnamdi Obi Who Was Allegedly Killed By Nigerian Army Speaks, Says He Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.