Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience (38615 Views)

Oilserv Partners INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company.(photos) / Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / 5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by darlenese(f): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
I dnt like them,
besides I thought the brand new shouldn't be more than 1.5m at least to encourage Nigerians to use brand new cars

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by arsenic33(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
feran15:
From a little online research i did recently, the innoson umu and fox were released in 2014(about two years ago) but i am yet to see anyone driving one. i have only seen one of their buses on the road and havent seen a single pick up truck or sedan on the road(i leave in Lagos). Is it that people are not patronizing innoson at all? or have they tried it and were not impressed? www.nairaland.com/attachments/3268584_1382327340944509414026752560097525088167n_jpeg5871c269d541ee89b17aa24c50d5efde

Ekiti state government uses Innoson pick up and other types innoson cars wella. I've seen so may there

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by larrypourl(m): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
feran15:
From a little online research i did recently, the innoson umu and fox were released in 2014(about two years ago) but i am yet to see anyone driving one. i have only seen one of their buses on the road and havent seen a single pick up truck or sedan on the road(i leave in Lagos). Is it that people are not patronizing innoson at all? or have they tried it and were not impressed?

Their pick up is almost everywhere. Check any Road safety pick up you see on the road, 85% of them are IVM . I've seen some of their coaster buses too. not bad at all
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by natehis(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
I work with an organization that has a lot of innosons' pick up. Sorry to say that a lot need to be improved in the vehicle . Never going to recommend it to an enemy self. It is BAD for business.

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by abdulhosni619(m): 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
Innoson is almost everywhere here in abj
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by kayfis: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
I do see their vehicles very well. Mostly used by Federal Government Officials.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by laudate: 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
natehis:
I work with an organization that has a lot of innosons' pick up. Sorry to say that a lot need to be improved in the vehicle. Never going to recommend it to an enemy self. It is BAD for business.
Please give specific details. undecided What went wrong with the vehicle? What parts within the vehicle malfunctioned? How often did it malfunction? What are the trouble spots that need to be avoided? shocked What specific areas need to be improved upon?

6 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ExInferis(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Have never seen a more bland, generic, designed-by-committee vehicle than this prefabricated crap.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by mfm04622: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
BroZuma:
Nope they don't want to put their MSRP on their website...of what good will "Contact Our Marketing Team for Pricing" do anyone...Tesla has the MSRP of all their vehicles on their site.

This is Nigeria. Most of their customers are govt agencies. They prefer to negotiate how much they will buy away from public glare

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ozimec(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
laudate:

Nobody asked you if you have seen it. sad Have you used it? shocked So how can you tell if it is strong, is it just by looking at it? Can you give a first hand account or your own personal experience, regarding its performance and durability?

What is the likelihood of getting availability of spare parts, in the location where you reside? What is their after-sales service like? What is the acceleration and torque like? sad How stable is the gear shift system at high speeds? What is the braking distance for its vehicles? How often does it malfunction? How many mechanics in your area, can successfully fix it, if it breaks down? Those are things people want to know....

Bros, I no be mechanic o.
Anyway, I am a member of an organization that patronizes innoson vehicles for over 6yrs now. The vehicles are strong, easy to maintain, the parts are available. I also know another organization that uses their buses for up to 7ys now. You can still make your personal inquiry for further info.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by laudate: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
ozimec:
Bros, I no be mechanic o.
Anyway, I am a member of an organization that patronizes innoson vehicles for over 6yrs now. The vehicles are strong, easy to maintain, the parts are available. I also know another organization that uses their buses for up to 7ys now. You can still make your personal inquiry for further info.
Nobody is asking you if you are a mechanic. undecided If you say it is strong, then in what sense is it strong? Can its' strength be compared with other existing brands? And where is the location where these buses are used? In Lagos island for example, the spare parts are very scarce, and very few mechanics know how to fix it. sad

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Sunsets: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

If the negative things you consume constantly online don't affect you, it must also mean that the positive ones don't affect you either. Whatever enters you affects you. You need to choose what you consume.
maturity makes you to separate the wheat from the chaff

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ozimec(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
feran15:

Really? Then why aren't they more popular?
Innoson vehicles lack publicity but that notwithstanding, just look around you, you will see some of his vehicles.
I am a member of an organization that patronizes innoson vehicles for over 6yrs now. The vehicles are strong, easy to maintain, the parts are available. I also know another organization that uses their buses for up to 7ys now. You can still make your personal inquiry for further info.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by menace1: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
Afobear:
and people wonder why nigeria is a constant state of fuckery ?

with people like this whose intelligence is my common sense

fuchk!!!!!

and the sardonic part is that this oaf fish is not even a boy but a full grown man with balls of steel !!!
insult me all u like am living fine nd it's not like I look up to u eat. I know I have made my opinion so I can Bleep ur self outta existence
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by menace1: 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mbediogu:

I don't think you should be here because the smallness in you is obvious. We are talking about quality and durability and you are talking of behavior of igbos in nairaland. So if the quality is bad and the behavior of igbos in nairaland becomes good, the material will sell? We igbos don't mix competence with sentiments. I might even send somebody to buy from my enemy if he has the best quality around. From your post I know that you are destined to die poor.
lol I live a better life than most of you this mannerless kid nd I'll feed most of u. It's my opinion d am entitled to it,u guys are killing innoson with ur hateful speech

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Harjet(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
Damminglola:

Ain't double yet.. ... grin grin grin
I should pm u then.. *wink*
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ozimec(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
laudate:

Nobody is asking you if you are a mechanic. undecided If you say it is strong, then in what sense is it strong? Can its' strength be compared with other existing brands? And where is the location where these buses are used? In Lagos island for example, the spare parts are very scarce, and very few mechanics know how to fix it. sad

Okay, check DPR office around Koffo Aboyomi VI. Maybe their drivers will give you enough information about their buses. They have been using it since 2010. I will also interview our drivers in my organization to get other informations you listed and post it here.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Mbediogu(m): 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
menace1:
lol I live a better life than most of you this mannerless kid nd I'll feed most of u. It's my opinion d am entitled to it,u guys are killing innoson with ur hateful speech

I know you are rich, thank God for you. You can also assume I am poor too, no problem. We are not comparing riches. This is not the forum for such, it's your disposition that worries me. You trade excellence for emotions. I don't hate you please, and let me politely point it out to you that at least by Igbo standards I am a professional with best level of education you can think of, and a millionaire, so you can't fend for me.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by enomakos(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
SnowJay92:

Why don't you open another thread for users of JAC motors to share their experience too instead of this? Why has the youths of our country chosen not to learn anything??
don't mind that kid
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by enomakos(m): 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
baxmaich:
it malfunction alot
show us a picture of your innoson car?

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by frankwaive: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Harbeyg09:

He should add some salt before eating it too

Oya eat up your words back grin grin
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by manitoba(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
I have the opportunity of being the first user of a brand new Innoson SUV IVM G5 around the tail end of 2016. I almost had accident on my first trip on ascending a hill as the car couldn't give me traction on trying to accelerate to avoid collusion with an oncoming vehicle. The throttle is also too close to the brake system and it can easily cause accident for an unaware first time driver. The entertainment system is also a poor one as it has no standard entertainment system. (only has radio option and u can connect your USB to enjoy selection of music). The upholstery are not well clad and gives way under heavy weight. It should also be known that the SUV had difficulty accelerating from 80mph and above. I confronted the Sales Manager and he told me the vehicle is pre-installed with a speed limiter. I chastised him that we were to also be pre-informed as that can easily cause accident. After rocking it for like 3 weeks in the East, we finally agreed to make the journey to Lagos with it. The journey to the east was a smoother journey than the intra state journey we had as I was able to reach a milestone 120mph with it. The Engine : The engine capacity seems inappropriate for the expected performance from the car. The cooling system : This is sub optimal as it still doesnt cool well even at its highest regulation. The Tyres: This seems to be the only bright side to the car. Though Chinese make of tyre, they looks good and performed well considering the fact that we used the vehicle heavily within short period. General Appearance : It Appeared great looking at it from the outside. Rating : On a scale of 1-10, I will rate the SUV 4. I had so much enthusiasm in riding a Nigeria made SUV as I am an avid supporter of Mr Innocent Chukwuma's aspiration but in all honesty, the vehicle fell below expectation. There is so much room for improvement but I must commend his effort to try at all.Pricing: Was sold between 10m -11m( I don't want to quote exact amount as our purchase price may be a concessionary price as we are very close to the' system'. It was a great price then as no brand new SUV of that stature was going below 20m then. My Submission : I enjoin our eastern brothers to patronise this company more as I saw most of the Anambarians patronising more of the very expensive imported cars rather than patronise the great Innoson products. Mr Innoson also needs to do more of advertisement and road show with the array of his products. That is my untainted submission on the SUV.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by bibe(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
ThatCEO:

Kai, stop that thing ; don't let the civil engineers catch you talking about cement with high tensile strength.

He is speaking in relative terms between both cement grades.
Yes cement does have low tensile strength compared to metals, doesn't mean the property is zero.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by bibe(m): 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
darlenese:
I dnt like them,
besides I thought the brand new shouldn't be more than 1.5m at least to encourage Nigerians to use brand new cars

At that price you'll have to sacrifice a lot in durability.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by kentus123: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
neoOduduwa:

Their product sucks

Innoson dey learn work where Proforce and JAC motors dey grin

An enemy spotted.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
SnowJay92:

Why don't you open another thread for users of JAC motors to share their experience too instead of this? Why has the youths of our country chosen not to learn anything??
You haven't learned how to use the words "have" and "has". grin

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
wtfcoded:

What's this bullsh!t u posted, is that a primary school project undecided
That "bullshit" has been representing Nigeria before innoson even conceived the idea of starting his own automobile company. grin

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by willibounce1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
So none of the chest beating, lousy, stone head and hearted MF ipods own an innoson vehicle. Even the online billionaire doesn't have one. Just goes to show that these guys are wretched and hungry MFs as their leaders have admitted. Even the jobless, brainless kanu doesn't move around in an innoson vehicle. Na second hand cars wey den borrow them dey use.

At least Mr innoson won't pay attention to the wretched biafrau.d monkeys. He'll focus on responsible Nigerians who are doing well and supporting his business.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by StoneLucifer: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nigerians have very terrible inbuilt problems. So deep in their veins that even dialysis cannot ameliorate these problems. We fail to appreciate our own products and our government is not helping matters at all . General Motors of America, Japanese Toyota and Mercedes Benz of Germany started from scraps but today they are globally rated as first class automobiles. If Innoson motors is given solid support by our govt, i bet u its only a matter of very short time, it will be a world class rated automobile industry.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Organs(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
olisafincy:
A lot of people drive it here in Enugu.

The question is YOU your own personal experience using it.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by MEvagreen(m): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
don4real18:
The truth is that the car is expensive... Cars made in Japan are affordable in Japan, Cars made in India follows the trend etc.... Why should Nigeria be different?

It's because of high cost of production. Why do u think pple prefer to import what they can easily manufacture here in nigeria? It's simply because they find it far more cheaper to import than manufacture it here. Nigeria was 47 out of 50 countries in Ease Of Doing Business survey conducted recently by The Economist.

One major factor to consider in production is power, and you and i knw how epyleptic that is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? / The 8 Most Expensive Cars In The World / Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.