Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,503 members, 7,847,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (251755 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2013
Have The Consciousness Of A Victor · Friday, January 18th · Pastor Anita

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20).

Every Christian should have the Christ consciousness. It is the consciousness of a victor. You should know that regardless of circumstances, you’re more than a conqueror; no weapon fashioned against you prospers. This is our heritage.

Looking at the life of Jesus, we see a clear example of one who lived with this consciousness. He was a master over circumstances, and exercised dominion over all things. He had no sense of lack or need. Yet, the Bible lets us know that He functioned in the earth, not as the Son of God, but as the son of man. In other words, Jesus didn’t live with the supernatural life of angelic beings; rather, He lived as the seed of Abraham: "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham" (Hebrews 2:16). He became like us; He lived as a man, letting us know that everything that He did was what a man could do.

The way Jesus lived, the things He did, the words He spoke—the miracles, signs and wonders that He performed—are all indications of what you and I can do today, by the same Spirit. Jesus was such a success. He had the mentality of the Word, for He was the Word made flesh. He knew divine truths that others never knew. He lived by the truth, for He was the truth.

Here’s one of such knowledge and consciousness that He had: in John 6:38 He said, "For I came down from heaven…." At this time, He was talking to people who knew when He was born, and where He was born. They knew His mother, Mary. They knew his brothers and sisters; yet, He said, "I came down from heaven." He was conscious of His divine nativity.

Let this same mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5); have the consciousness of a victor. Think like Christ. Live with the consciousness that you’re in Christ, and Christ lives in you, therefore you’re indomitable. Have the consciousness that you hail from God, and have overcome the world, because greater is He that’s in you, than he that’s in the world. Have the consciousness that you’re a new creation in Christ Jesus, therefore you have a supernatural life in Christ. Halleluiah.

Prayer

Dear Father, I have Christ’s consciousness; therefore, the circumstances of life are subject to me because I have the dominion of Christ. I’m seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above all principalities, powers, might, and dominions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:28; Mark 4:41

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 13:1-23, Genesis 42-43

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 7:13-20 Genesis 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
Legal And Vital Sons Of God! · Saturday, January 19th · Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

Rather than use the Greek word "huios" for "sons," which refers to the sons of figurative kingship, the word "teknon" is used in 1 John 3:1 to express that we’re the vital sons of God; His sons and daughters in truth, because we’re actually born of Him. 1 John 3:2, tells us, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God"; not in the future, or when we get to heaven, but NOW. It’s a statement of fact; a present hour reality, that as Christians, we are the bona fide, legal, and vital sons of God.

Understand that the legal aspect of redemption was what made the vital experience of eternal life possible. 1 Corinthians 6:20 says, "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s." This is the legal aspect of redemption; the fact that you were bought with a price.

Then, verse nineteen tells us, "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" This shows that God has brought us to live in His class of being, and has poured Himself into us, thereby making our physical bodies His tabernacle of witness; His living temple. This is the vital aspect.

Now, the vital aspect of our sonship is that you’re born of the Spirit of God; you’re born of the Word of God (1 Peter 1:23). As a result, you now have the life of God in you; you’re no longer ordinary; you have the supernatural life. Being born again, you’ve become the "tecknon" of God; the legal and vital son of God. As a result, the Bible says "…God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father" (Galatians 4:6). Take advantage of your privileged position as a child of God in truth.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for the legal aspect of redemption, which made the vital experience of eternal life possible. Now, I’m a participator in the divine experience; an associate of the God-kind. Therefore, the effect of this life is apparent in everything that I do, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 5:4-5; Colossians 1:12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 13:24-43, Genesis 44-45

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 7:21-29 Genesis 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2013
He Seeks Your Fellowship · Monday, January 21st · Pastor Anita

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14).

This scripture was Paul’s prayer for the saints at Corinth. The Greek word translated "communion" above is "koinonia," which also means fellowship, participation, and partnership. Is it possible for a man to have a personal relationship with God, the Creator of heaven and earth? The answer is an emphatic "Yes!" He isn’t unapproachable as the religious folks try to make us believe. Actually, the Bible reveals that He longs for your fellowship.

God isn’t always looking out to punish you for your sins or wrong doings as some people think. When you’re acquainted with the Lord, you’ll realize He loves you even in spite of your wrongs. Remember, He was the One who went looking for Adam and his wife in the Garden of Eden, even though He knew they had disobeyed Him (Genesis 3:8-9). In his epistle to the churches, John said, "That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ" (1 John 1:3).

You may be wondering, "What’s so special about me that God seeks my fellowship?" It’s because you’re His very offspring; you have His life and nature: "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:11-12).

The reason God can fellowship with you is that you have His life (Zoë) in you. The world doesn’t speak His language, but you do, for His Holy Spirit lives in you. This is the reason He delights in your worship and prayers. No wonder He said, "…before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear" (Isaiah 65:24). So you see, prayer is more than asking Him for things; it’s a fellowship. That’s what the Lord seeks; your fellowship with Him.

Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the great honour and privilege of fellowship with you, with Jesus and with the Holy Spirit. It’s the greatest calling there is and I ask that you teach me through the Holy Spirit to fulfill continually this call, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 1:9; 1 John 1:3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 14:13-36, Genesis 49-50

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 8:12-22 Genesis 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:46am On Jan 25, 2013
His Presence Makes You Holy · Friday, January 25th · Pastor Chris

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love (Ephesians 1:4).

The doctrine of holiness is one that’s been grossly misconstrued by many in the Church. Many equate holiness with "sinlessness," but holiness has nothing to do with what you do. The presence of God in your life is what makes you holy. The entire doctrine of holiness in the Bible, from the Old Testament to the New Testament, has nothing do with your actions; rather, it has to do with who you are and where you are. Only a holy man can live holy; you can’t "practise" holiness to become holy. Holiness is actually positional; God’s presence in, and upon you, makes you holy. You have to first be holy, before you can live a holy life. This is why in Christ, we’re made holy by grace, and thus expected to live accordingly.

.For example, the Bible describes Mount Sinai as a holy mountain because God stepped on it. The mountain didn’t do anything right or wrong to become holy. The presence of God consecrated it and made it holy. If a mountain could be said to be holy because God stepped on it, how much more you that are His dwelling place! You’re God’s holy and sanctified vessel; separated from the world, unto the Christ life.

Even when you do something wrong, as a child of God, it doesn’t change who you are; you’re still holy. When you sin and ask God’s forgiveness, He forgives you, and as far as He’s concerned, you’re as one who never did anything wrong. No wonder the Word says, "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight" (Colossians 1:21-22). Before God, you’re unblameable, and unreproveable.

This is what it means to be holy; it means that through the Spirit, you’ve been consecrated by God unto salvation. By His choice, you’ve been set apart from sin, sickness, poverty and death, unto priesthood, and the glorious life in Christ.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the blood of Jesus that has washed me white as snow, and brought me into union and fellowship with you. I’m grateful that through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ you’ve presented me holy, blameless, sanctified and irreproachable in your sight, in Jesus’ Name.

F u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 1:2; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Hebrews 3:1Daily Scripture Reading1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 17:14-18:1-14, Exodus 8-92 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 9:27-38 Genesis 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:49am On Feb 09, 2013
The Law Of Life · Saturday, February 9th · Pastor Anita

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

Once you come into Christ, the law of the Spirit of life starts working in you. This is a governing and operative principle in Christ, and it’s more than bringing a man out of sin. This law affects your business, your body, and everything you do, such that everything about your life just keeps growing and multiplying. This law of life only functions for those who are in Christ; those who are born again. Those who are without Christ are subject to the spiritual law of sin and death on which Moses’ law was based.

Whereas, the law of the Spirit of life produces life in, and for everyone who’s in Christ Jesus, the law of sin and death produces corruption, denigration, bondage and death for, and in those who live without Christ in the world. Such folks are without hope. But blessed be God! We’ve been born again, according to God’s abundant mercy unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (1 Peter 1:3), and the law of the Spirit of life is at work in us.

From the time Christ rose from the dead, God stopped counting men’s sins against them (2 Corinthians 5:17-20). This didn’t just apply to the Church, but to the whole world! Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world! God is no longer angry at anyone; what He’s saying now is "Come and enjoy the life in Christ!" Once you accept that invitation and receive Christ, automatically, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus starts functioning in you. You have eternal life and the very nature of God in your spirit. Now, you can serve the Lord truly, and live by the principle of eternal life.

Confession

I am a new creation in Christ Jesus; I walk in the glorious liberty of the sons of God, freely enjoying my inheritance in Christ, having been made free from sin, bondage, and death, by the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:21; 2 Corinthians 3:17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 26:57-75, Exodus 36-37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Be Influential For The Gospel · Sunday, February 10th · Pastor Chris

Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus (Mark 15:43).

When Jesus died, the Bible shows that it wasn’t His disciples that got His body for burial. This wasn’t because they weren’t righteous enough, but they didn’t have the influence. Joseph of Arimathaea, a highly respected member of the Jewish Council, was the one who got the body of Jesus. What does that tell you? It shows that if you’re not a man or woman of influence, you really can’t speak for the "body of Jesus"; that means you can’t speak for the body of Christ.

It reminds of what the Scripture teaches about the "poor wise man"; his wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard: "Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man. Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard" (Ecclesiastes 9:15-16). The poor Church will never be able to speak for the body of Christ; it’s only the Church with influence that’ll speak for the body of Christ!

Thanks be unto God, the knowledge of the Word is growing and prevailing all over the world, and the Church is marching on triumphantly in glory. We have the voice and the means to saturate the earth with the knowledge of the glory of God as the waters cover the sea. As we continue in the Word of God, teaching and living by every principle of His infallible Word, our influence in the earth will be such that can’t be resisted.

No matter how nice you are; no matter how much you believe in Jesus—no influence, no voice. Therefore, make up your mind to be influential for the Gospel. By that, I mean, let your prosperity result in the spread of the Gospel around the Word. As a ministry, we’re publishing and distributing Bibles, books, and other Christian materials to millions all over the world. Be a part of this. Put your money where it counts. Our free distribution of "Rhapsody of Realities," for example, has brought hope to many lives and helped to rekindle the embers of faith amongst other believers in distant lands. Join us today in making a greater impact for the Gospel.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the Word and the Holy Spirit to help me become a more effective minister of the Gospel, having greater influence, reach and impact in the world today. I declare that I’m abundantly supplied and furnished to seed the Gospel into the nations of the world, so that more souls will be ushered into the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 5:14; Romans 8:19

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 27:1-26, Exodus 38-39

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 13:34-43, Genesis 41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ooman(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
pls, stop spilling poison
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:38am On Feb 20, 2013
Search The Scriptures · Wednesday, February 20th · Pastor Chris

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

Some Christians are often confused as to how to study the Bible, wondering if they’d have to read from Genesis to Revelation, memorizing every verse. Not necessarily; there’re several ways you can study the Scriptures, and these several ways are all important. My first recommendation, however, would be for you to be consistent in your study of our "Rhapsody of Realities" daily devotional. In it, we’ve designed a very simple but effective method for you to study the Scriptures and go through the entire Bible—from Genesis to Revelation—using the one-year or two-year study plan.

While you’re at that, you can also study the Bible in several other different ways that’ll help you learn several things, for you really don’t have to study from Genesis to Revelation to get to know some of the things you need to know. Every time you listen to God’s Word preached or taught like you’re learning now through this devotional, take note of all the references that are given from the Scriptures. Then, during your personal times of study, diligently go back to those references and study them. When you do this, they’ll become a part of you, because you can immediately identify them and link them with certain topics that were discussed.

Also, during such teachings, when a Bible character is mentioned, for example, go to the Bible and find out more of what the Bible says about that character or personality. This will help you learn more from God’s Word. So, you can make your own several personal studies from listening to God’s Word being preached or taught, or when you study good Christian materials that provide references.

Note, however, that even when you read the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation at one time, that still wouldn’t be enough; you’ve got to keep at it. The Word of God is fresh every day; it’s undated and never stale. It’s your sole requirement for an effective and balanced Christian life. Therefore, the amount of time you invest into searching the Scriptures and learning the Word is never too much or wasted; it’s time well spent. So be diligent at it.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I open my heart to the ministry of your Word today. My heart is filled with wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you, and grace and peace are multiplied unto me for a life of success and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Timothy 3:16; Acts 17:11

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Mark 4:21-41, Leviticus 16-18
2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 16:1-12, Exodus 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:23am On Feb 22, 2013
Reappraise Your Priorities · Friday, February 22nd · Pastor Chris

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? Or What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:31-33).

I want you to read the text above again, but this time, meditatively. Many have interpreted the words of the Lord Jesus in those verses to mean that we should seek the Kingdom first before we can go about seeking other things. That’s not what Jesus said. He instructed us to seek only the Kingdom of God and nothing else. According to Him, everything else will be granted us if we’d seek
after this one thing: His Kingdom.

It makes no difference what your vocation is; whether you’re a student, civil servant, politician, businessman or an entertainer; that vocation is your mission field for the moment. Therefore, be determined to win others to Christ in your mission field. I often get amazed at Christians who become spiritually inert when they travel out of their stations either on official or business trips. How can
you be in a new locale for weeks without going to Church or witnessing to anyone for Christ? That shouldn’t be.

Recognize that you’re on a mission, regardless of where you are or what you do; the Gospel is your number one priority. Your life
shouldn’t just revolve around your profession or business. Furthermore, the first thing you do when you relocate to another city shouldn’t be to secure an accommodation close to your place of work; rather, look for an accommodation close to the church; and if there’s no church in the city, start one. Contact our office and we will show you how. You have to be concerned about the development of your spirit, and the expansion of the Kingdom of God.
The Lord’s injunction for us to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness calls for every one of us to reappraise our priorities and walk accordingly.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for choosing and enabling me as a faithful minister of reconciliation; I’m effective in leading the lost tosalvation, and guilding them to the realities of the Kingdom, on account of your great love, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Timothy 4:2; 1 Corinthians 9:16

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Mark 5:21-43 Leviticus 22-23
2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 16:21-28, Exodus
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:44am On Apr 11, 2013
"Shalom…Shalom!" · Thursday, April 11th · Pastor Chris

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee (Isaiah 26:3).

In the verse above, the Spirit of God lets us know what will happen in the life of the one whose mind is stationed or focused on the Lord: he’ll be kept in "perfect peace." Now, what does He mean by "perfect peace?" The original Hebrew construction didn’t actually say "thou will keep him in perfect peace"; rather, it says "…thou will keep him in "shalom…shalom," which literally means "peace, peace."

"Shalom" means peace of prosperity, peace with prosperity or peace in prosperity. It doesn’t just refer to peace with respect to being quiet or calm; it means peace with rest of mind, abundance and unlimited prosperity! It describes the rest of the man who has found his place in Christ and, as a result, all his struggles are over! His troubles have been overcome. He has gained the mastery over his circumstances; he has taken charge, having entered God’s rest.

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest…." Here, the Master says, "Stop struggling; stop trying to do it by your own strength! Come to me, and I’ll make your life easy, pleasant, and joyful!" That’s the kind of rest we have in "shalom"; it’s life without stress. Meditate on our theme verse for the day; focus your heart and
mind on the Lord.

James 1:25 says, "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." Then Joshua 1:8 says, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night…for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." This is your recipe and guarantee of a triumphant and extraordinary life of success, peace, and prosperity.

Confession
My mind is stationed and focused on you, O Lord, for you are my delight! in you, I’ve found peace, salvation, victory, unending joy, and life everlasting! Thank you for the blessing of your Word and impact of your divine presence in my life!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 12:2; Joshua 1:8 (AMP)
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:01am On Apr 14, 2013
He Led Captivity Captive…" · Sunday, April 14th · Pastor Chris
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men (Ephesians 4:cool.
Many have given different interpretations to our opening verse over the years. Various Bible versions have translated it differently
because of its complex rendering. For instance, one version reads, "This is why he says when He ascended on high; He led captives
in His train, and gave gifts to men." However, the King James Version is most accurate: "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up
on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men."
The Apostle Paul quoted this verse from Psalms 68:18: "Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast
received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them." Notice that Paul said, "…he led
captivity captive…" not, "he led captors captive." What does this mean? Captivity here refers to the power, authority and activities of
the captors. Their right and power to hold you in captivity was taken captive; that right was seized by Jesus! He took it from Satan
and his cohorts; they don’t have it anymore; so "captivity" has been held captive!
Today, no one should be legally held captive by Satan, sickness or disease; all we have to do is announce their freedom. This is why
Paul, in the city of Lystra, could say to a man who was impotent in his feet, and had never walked from birth, "Sir, stand up!" Paul
didn’t even pray for him. Paul’s audacity of faith resulted from his knowledge that "captivity" had been held captive.
This was the same reason Peter could tell the crippled beggar at the gate of the temple called Beautiful, "...Silver and gold have I
none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk" (Acts 3:6). He also didn’t pray. Why?
Because the power to hold men captive has been seized by Jesus Christ!
Confession
I stand fast in the liberty of Christ and rejoice in the glory of God, never to be burdened by any yoke of bondage. I’m free to live, free to
reign, and free to serve the Lord in health, joy, victory and prosperity. Glory to God!
f u r t h e r s t u d y: Judges 5:12; Revelation 1:18
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 14:1-24 Judges 17-18
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 2:1-12 Leviticus 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Recognize His Grace · Tuesday, April 16th · Pastor Chris

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ (Ephesians 4:7).

How wonderful this is! Each one of us has been given grace, according to the measure of the gift of Christ. We’ve all been given grace to excel in life. The Greek word for grace is "Charis," which is the root of the English word "charisma." "Charis" refers to the divine influence on the human spirit that reflects on the outside of a man’s life, producing favour, beauty, goodwill, loveliness, and ability.

It’s the glory of God in your spirit, which reflects on the outside.This grace causes favour and glory to abound in your life. For example, when the Lord Jesus was a child, the Bible says he "…grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him" (Luke 2:40). Grace made Him, even as a child, to have favour with God and man (Luke 2:52). In the Book of Acts, Barnabas went to visit certain brethren, and the Bible says, "…when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all…" (Acts 11:23). What was it that Barnabas saw? It certainly wasn’t a light beaming out of their heads. He saw the beauty of God; he saw things working out excellently in the lives of these brethren.

The grace of God on your life is the divine ability in you to be successful in every endeavour, and you’re to grow in that grace: "…grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ…" (2 Peter 3:18). Grace is the power of promotion; it’s the thing that causes your life to move from one level to another, and that’s why the Scriptures admonish that you grow in grace. Every child of God has been given grace in abundance (Romans 5:17), but the degree to which you let it reflect is up to you. The more you fill your heart with God’s Word and have the Holy Spirit work in your life, the greater the grace of God that’ll be manifested in your life.

Confession
I’m growing in grace and in the knowledge of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The beauty of God in my spirit is showing forth on
the outside, evidently manifest for all to see! Excellence, glory, virtue and success are the hallmarks of my life, because the grace of
God is superabundant upon me.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Peter 1:2; John 1:16
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 15:11-32 Ruth 1-4
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 2:23-28 Leviticus 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
Bring Forth Your Strong Reasons · Friday, April 19th · Pastor Chris

Produce your cause, saith the Lord; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob (Isaiah 41:21).

How comforting and inspiring to know that you can argue your case before the Lord in prayer! You can actually turn your closet into a courtroom, and bring forth your strong reasons for demanding a change, or insisting that things turn out in a certain way for you or for your loved ones. This kind of praying is serious and intense—the kind for which you shut your door and say, "I must have a miracle today!"
You might ask, "What if after praying for a while, I’m still not satisfied that it’s done?" Well, that’s why it’s called "pleading your case"; it just means "case adjourned!" Since you’re not yet convinced it’s done, go back to the Word, research and produce more evidence.

Pray earnestly in the spirit—in other tongues. Even if you have to stop praying for a while to go to work, or engage in some other
worthwhile activities, once you have the opportunity again to be alone, continue in prayer.
Even while you’re on the move, perhaps in the car, heading to work or returning from work, once the issue comes to your mind, speak the Word of God about it. This, essentially, is how you pray when praying the prayer of petition; it’s rendered with tenacity and a strong sense of purpose. You don’t take "no" for an answer! If you don’t get a note of victory the first time you pray, you continue until you know you’ve got what you want; and at that point, nothing in the world can take it from you.

However, until you have that note of victory and knowledge in your spirit, continue in prayer; keep pleading your case. Remember
what He said in Isaiah 43:26: "Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified." God didn’t make this statement because He’s forgetful; rather, it’s an invitation for you to bring forth your arguments and strong reasons in pleading your case. He wants you to present the statements of fact, promises, and declarations He’s made concerning the matter you’re dealing with, and be importunate in prayer. Soon enough, there’ll be laughter in your spirit because you’d have the victory.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for showing me that I’m not helpless, but empowered to effect changes in the circumstances of life by faith and in the Name of Jesus. My faith in you and in the power of your Word prevails today, and always, and I rejoice, in the
Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: James 5:17; Hosea 14:2
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 17:20-18:1-14, 1 Samuel 8-10
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 3:20-35 Leviticus 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:22am On Apr 20, 2013
Born From Above · Saturday, April 20th · Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world (John 8:23).
When the Lord Jesus said to the Jews in the verse above, "I’m from above," He was referring to His divine origin; He’s the Lord from heaven (1 Corinthians 15:47); He’s the result of the Word that God spoke to the virgin Mary, through the Angel Gabriel (Luke 1:31).

So when He said, "I’m from above," He meant His life is not of this world; His life is the life of the Word, and the Word is God.
The Lord Jesus made this distinction because everyone on earth received life through their earthly parents, but not Jesus; His life
came from God, for He was born of a virgin. Every human person born into this world has the same life that was in the first Adam.
That life, however, is the corruptible life; infected by death. Adam corrupted his life when he flouted God’s instructions, and thus
surrendered his authority to Satan. Consequently, death came into the world.

The Apostle Paul buttressed this in Romans 5:12: "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."Sin came into the world by Adam’s disobedience, and death followed suit. "Death" here is more than the physical cessation of life; it’s separation from God: a life of darkness as far as the things of God are concerned. That’s the life of the unregenerate man, whom the Word describes as "earthy"; belonging to the earth or sense-realm (1 Corinthians 15:47). This is the reason a man must be born again. To be born again is synonymous with being born from above: "…unless a person is born again (anew, from above) he cannot ever see, (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3 AMP).

However, being born again implies that you’re born from above, after the image of the heavenly: "…as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly" (1 Corinthians 15:48). 1 Peter 1:23 declares, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever." The same Word that became flesh in Jesus and made Him to declare, "I am from above," is the same Word that gave birth to you, therefore, like Him, you’re now from above.
Confession My life is a product of God’s Word; I’m preserved and sustained by the Word. Therefore, I live in victory over
circumstances, daily making progress, and moving forward unto higher dimensions of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 3:31 ; 1 Corinthians 15:47-49
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 18:15-43 1 Samuel 11-13
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 4:1-12 Leviticus 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:16am On Apr 22, 2013
Called To Offer Spiritual Sacrifices · Monday, April 22nd · Pastor Chris

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5).

This verse of scripture is quite profound. It isn’t suggestive; rather, Peter, by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us in the affirmative, God’s purpose for our lives: He has built us as a spiritual house, and as a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to Him through Jesus Christ. This is your purpose; it’s one of the reasons you’re in this world, and if you’re not fulfilling it, you’re living a different dream, not God’s dream.

When you locate this as your purpose, you’d realize that God isn’t just there to answer your prayers or see to it that everything goes all right with you. Of course, He does answer your prayers, and ensures that everything goes all right with you, but that’s not what He’s there for. Your fellowship with Him is more important. If you’d fulfil the true purpose for which He created you, you’d find yourself walking in His divine plan; and within His divine plan, you’re shielded from evil! You won’t have to keep praying to Him to protect you against evil, like those who would always pray, "Oh God, as I go out today, I pray that no evil will befall me." That’s a prayer of spiritual babies.

As you grow spiritually, and function in God’s purpose for your life, you’d find no need for that kind of prayer, because the prayer of
Jesus Christ for you, has already been answered. Before He died, He prayed that we be delivered, protected and kept from the evil
one (John 17:15). When He arose from death, He was given all authority in heaven and in earth, and then He delivered that authority to us—to rule over Satan, sickness, disease and the cohorts of darkness.

Thus, your life ought to be the daily expression of His praise, thanksgiving, and worship. You’re to keep offering up spiritual
sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ, for bringing you into a life of liberty and dominion: to reign and express His will,
character and goodness in the earth.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I worship and adore you; blessed be your Name forever, for you’ve enlightened my heart to know and
understand your will for my life. Therefore, having located my purpose in you, I walk diligently in your grace for prosperity, divine
health, protection, and victory every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 26:16; 2 Timothy 2:21

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 19:28-48, 1 Samuel 16-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 4:21-29 Leviticus 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:16am On Apr 22, 2013
Called To Offer Spiritual Sacrifices · Monday, April 22nd · Pastor Chris

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5).

This verse of scripture is quite profound. It isn’t suggestive; rather, Peter, by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us in the affirmative, God’s purpose for our lives: He has built us as a spiritual house, and as a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to Him through Jesus Christ. This is your purpose; it’s one of the reasons you’re in this world, and if you’re not fulfilling it, you’re living a different dream, not God’s dream.

When you locate this as your purpose, you’d realize that God isn’t just there to answer your prayers or see to it that everything goes all right with you. Of course, He does answer your prayers, and ensures that everything goes all right with you, but that’s not what He’s there for. Your fellowship with Him is more important. If you’d fulfil the true purpose for which He created you, you’d find yourself walking in His divine plan; and within His divine plan, you’re shielded from evil! You won’t have to keep praying to Him to protect you against evil, like those who would always pray, "Oh God, as I go out today, I pray that no evil will befall me." That’s a prayer of spiritual babies.

As you grow spiritually, and function in God’s purpose for your life, you’d find no need for that kind of prayer, because the prayer of
Jesus Christ for you, has already been answered. Before He died, He prayed that we be delivered, protected and kept from the evil
one (John 17:15). When He arose from death, He was given all authority in heaven and in earth, and then He delivered that authority to us—to rule over Satan, sickness, disease and the cohorts of darkness.

Thus, your life ought to be the daily expression of His praise, thanksgiving, and worship. You’re to keep offering up spiritual
sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ, for bringing you into a life of liberty and dominion: to reign and express His will,
character and goodness in the earth.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I worship and adore you; blessed be your Name forever, for you’ve enlightened my heart to know and
understand your will for my life. Therefore, having located my purpose in you, I walk diligently in your grace for prosperity, divine
health, protection, and victory every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 26:16; 2 Timothy 2:21

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 19:28-48, 1 Samuel 16-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 4:21-29 Leviticus 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:18am On Apr 23, 2013
Prosperity: More Than Money · Tuesday, April 23rd · Pastor Chris

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and
whatsoever he doeth shall prosper (Psalm 1:3).

No one born into this world was destined by God to be poor, sick, broken, depressed, downcast or afflicted. Rather, God’s will is for all men to prosper and be in health, even as their souls prosper (3 John 1:2). He seeks the prosperity of your spirit, your soul, and your physical body: the reason you shouldn’t accommodate or accept sickness, poverty, or defeat.

I’m aware of those who say, "We shouldn’t always expect good from God; we should sometimes expect bad things, because life is
full of ups and downs." That’s a great misconception of the message of the Gospel. God isn’t the mastermind of the evil and
sufferings in the world. His dream, which has already been actualized for you in Christ Jesus, is for you to walk in complete
prosperity.

This prosperity, however, is beyond money; the presence or absence of money doesn’t change your state or condition spiritually, and therefore shouldn’t change your testimony of God. Money is a tool. If for example, you require something, and your money isn’t enough for it, that doesn’t mean you can’t have it; you can get it free! That’s the life of prosperity I’m talking about. God never said, "Except you have the money, nothing will be yours"; rather, He said plainly, "…all things are yours" (1 Corinthians 3:21). What’s important is the purchasing power, and your purchasing power isn’t money, it’s your faith! You’re what God says you are,
irrespective of the currencies you have at hand or don’t have.

This same principle applies to your health. It makes no difference if you feel severe discomfort in your body; proclaim healing and
health! Maintain a good confession, and your faith will prevail!

Prayer
Dear Father, I yield to the ministry of your Word and its power to instil in me the right perception and mindset. My life is a testimony of greatness, success, wealth, victory and health, all my days, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 3 John 1:2; 2 Corinthians 8:9; 1 John 5:4

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 20:1-19, 1 Samuel 18-19
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 4:30-41 Leviticus 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2013
Righteousness: The Expression Of The Will And Nature Of God · Thursday, April 25th · Pastor Chris

And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday (Psalms 37:6).

To understand righteousness, you must first understand the concept of good and evil, right and wrong. According to the Bible, good and evil, right and wrong can only be judged or decided by the nature of God. This means, to know what’s good or evil, right or wrong, God reveals His nature and will to man. Otherwise, we will never know what to do or what God expects of us.

Righteousness, therefore, is the expression of the will and the nature of the Father. He’s the judge; He decides what’s good or evil,
what’s right or wrong, by His very nature. His revelation of Himself, His nature, His character and His will are the collective expression of His righteousness.

Our natural minds can’t comprehend the vastness and immeasurable amplitude of God’s reasoning. If He came to us in His
complexity, we wouldn’t be able to understand anything about Him; so He made it simple by sending Jesus to us, who came as a
man so we could understand God. He said, "…he that hath seen me hath seen the Father…" (John 14:9) and in John 10:30, He said,
"I and my Father are one." He came to express the will and nature of the Father; He’s described for us in Hebrews 1:3 as the express image of the Father. He was, and still is, the perfect imprint and ultimate icon of God; and we’re like Him (1 John 4:17). Our
righteousness, therefore, is the expression of the will and nature of the Father.

Romans 5:17 says, "…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." Which means we’ve been gifted with the ability, authority and power to articulate, manifest, and express the will and nature of the Father everywhere we go: in every situation, in every event, and in every matter. Hallelujah!

Prayer
My life is for the glory of God, and I manifest His goodness, will and nature, everywhere. I’m the proof of His equity, a trophy of His
goodness, and the unveiling of His character, beauty, excellence and grace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Peter 2:9; Hebrews 1:3; 1 John 4:17

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Samuel 23-25 Luke 21:5-38
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 5:14-20 Leviticus 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:26am On Apr 26, 2013
A Relationship Beyond Assumption · Friday, April 26th · Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The only material given to us to build and grow strong faith is the Word of God.
God builds your spirit through His Word. Whenever you spend time to study and meditate on the Word, you’re positioning yourself in God’s building process for your spirit. Every Christian needs to grow; every Christian needs to learn and understand the Word of God, but without studying it, you’ll never know it.

You have to hear it, be taught, and then do your personal study of the Word. Even after you’ve been taught; go through the Scriptures and the references for yourself. 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
It isn’t uncommon to find people who know so much about the world and the way it operates, yet know nothing about the Word of God. That’s terrible, because the most important thing about you is your spirit. Your spirit is your nature; that’s the real you. When everything in this world is over, your spirit will still be conscious because man’s spirit doesn’t die; only his body does.

Therefore, how you’ll function in eternity depends on what nature your spirit has, and the relationship you have with the Word of God, because the Word is eternal. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away," (Matthew 24:35). It’s important for you to cultivate this special relationship with God’s Word; a relationship beyond assumption—one that you really know and have vital experiences with the Word. Our opening verse says the Word "…is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified." This is why we teach the Word of God daily to millions around the world; it’s so that their minds will be enlightened and their spirits lifted and strengthened in the things of God.

Prayer
Dear Father, how I love your Word; for it’s the food for my spirit, and it’s medicine to my physical body. I’m transformed today and positioned to deal wisely in all my affairs because your Word regulates my thoughts and actions; and as I yield to the lordship of your Word, my profiting appears to all, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Job 23:12; Joshua 1:8

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Samuel 26-28 Luke 22:1-38
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 5:21-34 Leviticus 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:26am On Apr 26, 2013
A Relationship Beyond Assumption · Friday, April 26th · Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The only material given to us to build and grow strong faith is the Word of God.
God builds your spirit through His Word. Whenever you spend time to study and meditate on the Word, you’re positioning yourself in God’s building process for your spirit. Every Christian needs to grow; every Christian needs to learn and understand the Word of God, but without studying it, you’ll never know it.

You have to hear it, be taught, and then do your personal study of the Word. Even after you’ve been taught; go through the Scriptures and the references for yourself. 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
It isn’t uncommon to find people who know so much about the world and the way it operates, yet know nothing about the Word of God. That’s terrible, because the most important thing about you is your spirit. Your spirit is your nature; that’s the real you. When everything in this world is over, your spirit will still be conscious because man’s spirit doesn’t die; only his body does.

Therefore, how you’ll function in eternity depends on what nature your spirit has, and the relationship you have with the Word of God, because the Word is eternal. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away," (Matthew 24:35). It’s important for you to cultivate this special relationship with God’s Word; a relationship beyond assumption—one that you really know and have vital experiences with the Word. Our opening verse says the Word "…is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified." This is why we teach the Word of God daily to millions around the world; it’s so that their minds will be enlightened and their spirits lifted and strengthened in the things of God.

Prayer
Dear Father, how I love your Word; for it’s the food for my spirit, and it’s medicine to my physical body. I’m transformed today and positioned to deal wisely in all my affairs because your Word regulates my thoughts and actions; and as I yield to the lordship of your Word, my profiting appears to all, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Job 23:12; Joshua 1:8

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Samuel 26-28 Luke 22:1-38
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 5:21-34 Leviticus 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2013
The Greater "You" - Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 - Pastor Anita
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us (2 Corinthians 4:7).

The glory of God that’s been deposited within you isn’t meant to be hidden. God’s dream is to see you search out the hidden treasures in your "earthen vessel" by means of the Spirit, so you can have that glory unveiled and made manifest to the world.Many have lived and died without having the glorious one in them unveiled. They lived and died as the weak, outer earthen vessel only.

All the world saw of them was the outer case that had covered the glorious one within. But there’s a greater "you" within that no one has seen yet, and God’s dream is that you’ll discover him and let him out. All the success, victories, and glories you could have are in that greater "you"; therefore let out the greatness encapsulated in your spirit.Speaking concerning the Word, John declared, "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9).

God’s Word is the only light that can help you locate that greater one in you. That light will show you who you really are: a king that has the power to decree a thing and have it established unto you!Yes, you might have made mistakes and experienced some disappointments, so you think you know yourself and your limitations; but you’re looking at the wrong thing. Take your eyes off those limitations and look into God’s mirror (His Word).

As you look at the glory of God in the mirror, you’re metamorphosed into the image of God’s glory that you see (2 Corinthians 3:18). The more you look at that image, the more you’re changed to become what you see.This change will happen to you everyday as you study God’s Word, as you look at that image in the mirror of God and meditate on it everyday. Soon enough, that seemingly weak, timid, failing, limited man that had been out there will give way to the glorious, successful, and powerful new man within. Start today to discover the greater "you" in you from the Word and unveil him to your world.

Confession

I’m the effulgence of God’s glory, beauty and grace. I’m not ordinary; I’m conscious of the supernatural life of God in me; therefore greatness, excellence and success are in my spirit! And through my words and actions today, I’m unveiling the glory, virtues and perfections of divinity deposited in my spirit to my world!

Further Study:
Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

2 Corinthians 3:18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord

.Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Samuel 7-8 Luke 23:50-24:1-12
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 6: 30-44, Numbers 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:49am On May 01, 2013
Don’t Look At The Outward Appearance - Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 - Pastor Chris

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).

An important characteristic of strong faith is that it doesn’t look at the outward appearance of things; it doesn’t consider physical circumstances. Jesus refused to consider the fact that Lazarus was dead, even though He had previously said that Lazarus’ sickness wouldn’t lead to death (John 11:4). That the man eventually died, and had been buried for four days didn’t make any difference to Jesus because His faith was focused on His spoken Word. He knew that the Father heard His faith-filled words.

Now, watch what the Master did: He called Lazarus out from the grave, just as you’d call out someone sleeping in a room next to you. That’s faith. With faith, there’s no such thing as "hopeless" or "an impossible situation." Nothing is impossible, because anything is possible! In the faith arena, you don’t give up.Men give up when they base their judgments and perceptions on sense evidence. The natural man’s senses, for instance, have been trained to say, "I have stomach pain," just because he felt pain in his stomach. He’s been trained to recognize fear and say, "I’m scared"; he’s been trained to recognize lack and say, "I’m broke." However, faith speaks in conformity with God’s Word. So, you may say, "I feel headaches, but I’m healed." You must emphasize your healing and health.

Never let your feelings control you or the circumstances of your life. What you feel must not control or dictate what you have or are in the Word.It makes no difference what you see, hear, or feel; it makes no difference how negative or impossible things may look in the natural; keep confessing the Word! The Word of faith in your mouth produces results. Therefore, refuse to consider circumstances or recognize impossibilities.

Confession
The wisdom of God is at work in me, and my faith is alive! My opinions, judgments, and responses are not according to what my natural senses perceive, but according to the Word. My life is the daily expression of the Word of God, in the Name of Jesus.

Further Study
Romans 8:6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 4:19-21And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Daily Scripture Reading1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 24:13-35, 2 Samuel 9-11
 2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 6:45-56, Numbers 4

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:06pm On May 03, 2013
God bless you..you shall never loose your reward here on earth.

Pls, wot of yesterday and today's devotional...

Here in obudu, we dnt av copies yet! Thanks
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:08am On May 10, 2013
Educate Your Spirit With The Word! - Friday, May 10th - Pastor Chris.

The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all the inner depths of his heart (Proverbs 20:27 NKJV).

The activities that take place in a man’s spirit are mostly what govern his life. Whether or not you’re going to be successful in life depends on what happens in your spirit, for out of your spirit are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

As you navigate your way through life, it’s important that you train your spirit with the Word to be a sure-guide. Negative thoughts and ideas (thoughts of failure, weakness, bitterness, wickedness, sickness and sin) may come to your mind, but as long as the Word of God is stored in your heart richly, you’ll be able to bring every negative thought into captivity to the obedience of the Word (2 Corinthians 10:5). One way to achieve this is by meditation. Through meditation, you stir up your spirit with the Word.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "…also he hath set the world in their heart...." In Luke 6:45 Jesus said, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." Thus, your spirit is an endless reservoir of blessings and good things. Whatever you might be in need of is already in you; bring it forth from your spirit. You can bring forth joy, success, prosperity, health, and wealth from within you, by learning to talk your spirit up with the Word of God.

2 Corinthians 4:7 says, "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." Look inwards, for everything you need is in your treasure-store - your spirit.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, your Word has imparted wisdom to my spirit and renewed my mind to think at your level; thoughts that are consistent with your eternal purpose and will for my life! I bring forth good things from within my spirit today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine
heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : John 5:1-30 1 Kings 4-6.
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 9:14-29, Numbers 13.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:11am On May 10, 2013
YESTERDAY'S RHAPSODY

Be Importunate In Prayer · Thursday, May 9th · Pastor Anita

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me (Luke 18:1-5).

The teachings of the Lord Jesus on faith are quite profound. In the text above, He taught on being persistent in prayer. He said men ought always to pray and not give up or lose heart. You’re supposed to pray in faith and expect results, because faith always works. To be discouraged or disheartened about a situation that you’ve prayed about, isn’t faith. Faith is the confident assurance and expectation that what you asked God for has been granted you. Therefore, you don’t give up; you remain importunate like the woman referenced by Jesus in our opening text.

Importunity in prayer doesn’t mean you’re unbelieving; it actually indicates faith, otherwise you won’t be insisting and standing your ground on the Word to produce results. Where some have missed it, however, is that they give up too soon. In faith, you stand your ground until it’s done. Though there’s an adversary, the devil, that may try to stop your miracle, he’s no longer a factor. 1 Peter 5:8-9 says, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." In this scripture, you’re admonished on how to deal with Satan: you’re to resist him! James 4:7 further tells us the result of resisting him: he’ll "show a clean pair of heels"; that means bolt in terror. He’ll flee from you.

Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep nurturing your desires and your expectations with your faith-filled confessions. The Bible says if the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth (Ecclesiastes 11:3); your faith will surely prevail if you faint not.

Prayer Dear Father, thank you for helping me build strong and prevailing faith through your Word. Nothing is impossible unto me, and no level of success, victory and progress is unattainable for me because I live by faith in the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 11:23-24;1 Timothy 2:8; Luke 18:1-5

Daily Scripture Reading 1 Year Reading Plan : John 4:27-54, 1 Kings 2-3 2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 9:2-13 Numbers 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by diehard(m): 4:51pm On May 10, 2013
Thanks for sharing. you are blessing lives
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:16am On May 12, 2013
The Ability Of The Spirit · Sunday, May 12th · Pastor Anita

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power,
but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

In 1 Samuel 2:9 the Bible says "…for by strength shall no man prevail." That means no one makes it in life by sheer muscles or human ability. You can’t function by your own human strength, wisdom and intelligence and expect to achieve much. You can only make real impact and achieve incontrovertible success when you function with the ability of the Spirit.

Knowing this, the Apostle Paul declared in 2 Corinthians 3:5 (AMP): "Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments {or} to claim {or} count anything as coming from us, but our power {and} ability {and} sufficiency are from God." When you function by the ability of the Spirit, you’ll never be at your wit’s end. You’ll never run out of power or the divine might to accomplish whatever task you have ahead of you. Zerubbabel had a lot to accomplish for the Lord, but knew he couldn’t do the work with his human ability. Therefore, the Lord told the prophet Zechariah to give him the message: "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit." Now, he wasn’t telling Zerubbabel to just sit back and let the Spirit move him. Rather, he wanted him to function with the ability of the Spirit in accomplishing the work.

This was the secret to the success recorded by the Apostles in the Early Church as they carried out God’s work; they functioned by the power of the Spirit. The Apostle Paul, for one, made copious references to the ability of God’s Spirit in him. In Colossians 1:29, he said, "Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." He knew there was something energizing him from within: it was the power of the Spirit. No wonder he said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

Recognize the working of the Spirit in you. That consciousness will produce a divine force that’ll propel you to accomplish things supernaturally: at your work, school, home, in your finances, physical body, and in every area of your life. Halleluiah.

Confession
I’m energized for victory and positioned for the transcendent life by the Spirit of God who lives in me! By Him, I labour, striving according to the working of His power that works within me mightily. I’m excelling in every area of my life, because the competence and excellence by which I function is by the Spirit.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 1:8; 1 Samuel 10:6-7
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : John 6:1-24 1 Kings 9
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 9:38-50, Numbers 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:45am On May 14, 2013
You Can Know God’s Will Through Praying In Tongues… · Tuesday, May 14th · Pastor Chris

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the
spirit he speaketh mysteries (1 Corinthians 14:2).

Many people wonder if it’s possible to know the will of God. "God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform," they’d say. Obviously, they have the wrong perception of God, because God surely isn’t mysterious and doesn’t work in mysterious ways. He has revealed Himself and His Will to us primarily through His written Word. However, we can also know His will when we pray in other tongues.

The Holy Spirit is the one who gives us utterance when we speak in other tongues, and He never leads you outside the provisions of God’s Word. When you pray with the spirit, in other tongues, the Holy Spirit imparts to you the knowledge of God’s will concerning issues of importance. Your mind doesn’t grasp the meaning of the utterances you make at such times, but you’re praying the will of God.

Romans 8:26 says, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." This is part of the ministry of the Spirit in your life; He helps you pray aright, in line with the will of God. Praying in this manner—declaring the counsel of God—through the Spirit will cause physical circumstances to align with God’s perfect will for your life.

How important it is to pray in other tongues! It helps you know and establish God’s will for your life! It enables you to shape the circumstances of your environment to be in conformity with His plans and purposes. Often, there’re certain changes you might want to see in your life, family, ministry, job, business, finances or academics, which may seem not to be happening. If you’d pray fervently in other tongues, you’d receive ideas and answers from the Holy Spirit through your spirit.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the benefit and power of praying in other tongues. My spirit is enlightened to know your will and invigorated to walk therein, as I speak in other tongues today and make power available for my future, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 16:13; 1 Corinthians 14:13-15

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : John 6:60-71 1 Kings 12-14
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 10:13-22, Numbers 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:55am On May 15, 2013
Our Fellowship · Wednesday, May 15th · Pastor Anita

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).

It’s always so beautiful when believers fellowship with one another. The Bible says, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" (Psalms 133:1). Our fellowship with one another attracts blessings. Psalms 133:2-3 says, "It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore."

This is however just a part of the whole picture; there’s also the fellowship with the Lord, as read in our opening verse; it refers to our oneness with Him. Jesus said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:5). We’re one with the Lord; you’re in Him, and He lives in you. Acts 17:28 says, "For in him we live, and move, and have our being…For we are also his offspring." We thus can have real fellowship with Him because we’re His offspring; we have His life and nature in us.

Our fellowship with Him influences our fellowship with one another; He is love, and since we’re products of His love, it’s our nature to love others. The Bible says, "… he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him….If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also," (1 John 4:16, 20-21). Walking in love and in true fellowship with one another reflects that we love the Lord, and are walking in His will!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the joy and blessings of loving and serving you in spirit and in truth! Thank you for the awesome
communion of your grace and power poured out in our hearts and revealed through us, as we enjoy the blessings of fellowship and
unity in the Church, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 1:5-7

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : John 7:1-24 1 Kings 15-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 10:23-31. Numbers 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:14am On May 16, 2013
Our Resurrected King Of Glory - May 16th - Pastor Chris.

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.( Psalm 24:7-cool.

To some people, Jesus is the gentle Lamb of God that was crucified for us. To some others, He’s that great prophet of Galilee. Yes, Jesus is the Lamb of God that was crucified on the cross to redeem man from sin, and sure, He’s the great Prophet of Galilee. But He’s now our resurrected King-priest; the King of glory. He was slain for the sins of the world as God’s lamb, but He resurrected victoriously as the “Lion of the tribe of Judah” (Revelations 5:5).

The Lord Jesus that we serve is the reigning King. As the Son of man, He defeated Satan and all his demons in hell, much more now that He’s been glorified. No “wonder, with audacity, He declared in Matthew 28:18: “…All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” That means men, angels, demons—things in heaven, earth, andunder the earth—are subject to Jesus.

However, Jesus is presently in heaven, and He doesn’t exercise His authority from there. He exercises His authority today through us—HisChurch, which is His Body and His extension. He’s made us sharers of His glory and partakers of His grace. He said to us in Matthew 28:19 “Go ye therefore and teach all nations….” He has delegated His authority to us, to function in His stead, and make disciples of the nations of the earth.
You’re the effulgence of the glorified Christ: asHe is, so are you, in this world (1 John 4:17). He’s given you the same glory, which the Father gave to Him (John 17:22). Become conscious of the fact that He’s given you all authority in heaven and in earth. In His Name, you can cast out devils, tame the forces of nature, and mobilize angels to work on your behalf.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I recognize that I’m born after the image of the resurrected Christ, having Hislife and nature in my spirit. Today, I manifest your life that’s in me to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Hebrews 2:10-11
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory. To make captain of their salvation perfect through suffering.
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one, for which cause he is not ashame to called them brethren.

Psalm 24:9-10
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates: even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the king of glory shall come in.
10 Who is the king of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan
John 7:25-8:1-11,1 Kings 18-19.
2 Year Bible Reading Plan
Mark 10:32-45,Numbers 19.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:52pm On May 18, 2013
Keep The Faith! · Saturday, May 18th ·Pastor Anita.

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul (Hebrews 10:38-39).

The Scripture shows that in the last days, there’ll be perplexity of nations, men’s heart failing them for fear. However, we’re not of them that draw back; we believe to the end. Jesus said, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). Jesus already overcame the world for you, and gave you victory over Satan and the negative systems and operations in the world; you’re more than a conqueror.

Your faith in Christ is the victory that overcomes the world: "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 John 5:4). Despite the challenges and adversities that you might face, don’t lose your faith. Remember, it is possible for someone to lose his faith. If it’s possible to receive faith and increase it, then it’s also possible to lose it; which is why you should be steadfast and unmovable in the faith (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Don’t cast away your confidence in the Lord, or His Word. Be courageous. Stand on His Word, irrespective of the pain, difficulty, or the challenges that Satan might unleash against you. The devil’s intention is to make you cast away your confidence and lose your faith; don’t grant him that luxury. Instead, resist him; tell him, "Satan, I’m not moved. I’m what God says I am, I have what He says I have, and I can do what He says I can do." When you resist the devil, he has no choice but to flee.
Refuse to allow anything change your faith-outlook and perception on life; maintain your stand in the Word, singing your victory song.

CONFESSION
My faith in the Lord is my victory. I’ve overcome Satan and his cohorts, and the systems of this world. I’m confident in the power and ability of the Word of God, which I’ve believed, and by which I live, to move from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1 Peter 5:8-9
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Hebrews 10:35
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : John 8:31-47, 1 Kings 22.
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 11:1-11 Numbers 21.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:37pm On May 25, 2013
Do Something To Bless Your World - Saturday May 25th, 2013 – Pastor Chris.

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice (Genesis 22:18).

In Genesis 12:2, God spoke to Abraham and said, "… I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing…." Observe that this was entirely God’s idea. Abraham didn’t ask to be great; it was God’s dream for him. It’s also important to note the reason God wanted to make Abraham great: it was so he (Abraham) could be a blessing.

Being born again, you’re the seed of Abraham, and God wants to bless the world through you. He wants the whole world to benefit from your existence. He said to
Abraham, "…in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed." It’s your destiny to be a blessing to your world; it’s your calling. You’re in this world as an
agent of positive change. Therefore, it’s your responsibility to think of ways to improve the world of your time and beyond.

Understand that it’s God’s dream for you to be a blessing; it’s what He expects of you. He’s interested in your success, and His dream is for you to heap success upon success. If you’re successful today, then He can count on you to attain higher levels of success. The Lord Jesus said in John 15:2, "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." If you’re productive, the Lord will increase the grace on your life, so you can become even more productive. So, go out today and do something to bless your world; be a success for the Lord.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word which builds me up and fills my heart with divine treasures that I may bring forth fruits unto righteousness. I yield my heart to
your Spirit, who causes me to be productive and effective in every good work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
FURTHER STUDY
Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Zechariah 8:13
And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:1-19, 2 Kings 16-17.
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:35-44, Numbers 28.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.