Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? (19025 Views)

When Your Fiance/fiancee Is Disturbing You For Sex / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by emmanajayi: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2017
tommiesyn:

You mean?

Sir, can you defend your postulations with Scriptures?

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

I don't know what you understand the will of God to be but it is not what you wrote up there sir, that should be an opinion statement/guess.
Will Of God Means Choosing Your Partner In Godly Way By Asking God Who To Marry because God Knows All, You Hear About Wife Killing Their Husband, Husband Killing Wife, But A Man That Ask From God Who To Marry , The Partners Cant Kill Theirselves and The Marriage Cannot Collaspe. Thanks
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
terrible.. But Bro I wish all the best ooo... The day my wife will try it.. May God save the queen..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. It is belittling from all spheres to put your pastor before your hubby. Very Very humiliating. These are things husbands need to sort out satisfactorily to prevent evitable calamities. I can't even imagine catching a pastor on my wife, Jesu shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by tosyne2much(m): 11:30am On Jul 20, 2017
ImaIma1:

I feel it's guys that are close to the pastor that decide to tell him first. Because i don't see any reason telling the pastor that you are interested in a sister.
In my church, after you propose, u register for marriage counselling. That is where they get to know the couple and counsel them.
The only reason the pastor can kick against it at that point is if the man does not have a job or he feels they do not know each other well enough. In that case, they can postpone.
That's very true
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
mapist:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. It is belittling from all spheres to put your pastor before your hubby. Very Very humiliating. These are things husbands need to sort out satisfactorily to prevent evitable calamities. I can't even imagine catching a pastor on my wife, Jesu shocked shocked grin grin
u know in medicine we have mercy killing..?me if I catch the pastor na righteous murder/homicide é go be.. Gbagbe oshi.. cheesy
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
u know in medicine we have mercy killing..?me if I catch the pastor na righteous murder/homicide é go be.. Gbagbe oshi.. cheesy

Lmao..abeg o cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin..Make God spare us from nonsense..smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by tommiesyn: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
emmanajayi:

Will Of God Means Choosing Your Partner In Godly Way By Asking God Who To Marry because God Knows All, You Hear About Wife Killing Their Husband, Husband Killing Wife, But A Man That Ask From God Who To Marry , The Partners Cant Kill Theirselves and The Marriage Cannot Collaspe. Thanks

I said you should defend your postulations with Scriptures Sir.

Does God over ride the choices of men?
God gave guidelines already, men choose partners.

Proverbs 18
[22]The man who finds a wife finds a treasure,     and he receives favor from the lord.

1 Corinthians 7:39b " . . .she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by decentmother1: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
COULD GOD BE SEEKING YOUR ATTENTION? WATCH THIS WORD VISION 2MINS SHORT FILM TITLED "ATTENTION" BY WALE APOTIERI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMQ3cEF2Qg
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Organs(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Slai1:

I forgive you, for you know not, neither do you understand.
Your speech reflects your level of knowledge.

May God bring you to the point of an encounter.

You think it's by beauty, brain, money or sensual wisdom that a home is built. Except the Lord build a house, they labour in vain that build it. Except the Lord watches over a city, the watchmen stay awake in vain. Beauty is vain, money without direction leads to penury.

Bible says, follow those whom through faith and patience, obtained the promise.

My Broda, thank you for your civility and matured reply. I apologise for the mumu word i use. Infact based on your reply, i take the mumu back. Yes i felt some shame cos i saw that your reply is actually based on your belief. Well, i tell you this, you are wrong bros, Please follow the teachings of the bible and follow the examples of Jesus and Moses and other prophets and not that of any pastor. Did anyone take a girl to Jesus and ask for advice weather to propose or not during his lifetime? Christianity today has turned to "what my pastor says" and that is why the only business selling in Nigeria today is Church business with Pastors owning Churches, ministries, private jets, limousines, schools etc, and they say its God blessing them, yet look at our lives in Nigeria? pathetic. So bros, pls know that the best person that can advice you right, protect your interest and wants the best for you and prays for you sincerely are most likely your parents period. Ask your father or mother, then your family, e.g brother or sister or a very close TRUSTED Friend like a brother then maybe your pastor depending on the relationship not because he is a pastor or in your definition "a man of god" Only God knows that not me not you not anyone, and in my faith, Islam, God says in the Quran, the best amongst you is he who is more God fearing, and that, nobody knows but God alone because i don't see your heart neither do you see mine. Conclusively, Bros for the proposal, ask the Girl after making up your mind.

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by FA13(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
I also worship with Deeper Life, Bro inasmuch as their marriage Procedures are Good they are too religious and not spiritual, we call it ''holiness'' but the truth its dosnt dispict holiness,

Am a Youth and a Youth leader in my district, it would shock you to know that 90% of the youth in the church are not ok with the way and manner marriages are carried out in the church and this over the years have led to mass exodus of highly gifted youths from the church! Its more like a Bondage, Yes and i forsee more coming if the church dosnt look into it! I see inconsistency in these Rules and Regulations,

The idea of proposing to the sister after seeing the MC is become a stumbling block to many even leaders, since its not entirely Biblical when not adjust it for the sake of the Future of the church

I agree with you in a way.

Must of us just follow rules not because we are convinced but because we have no choice.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by FA13(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
I also worship with Deeper Life, Bro inasmuch as their marriage Procedures are Good they are too religious and not spiritual, we call it ''holiness'' but the truth its dosnt dispict holiness,

Am a Youth and a Youth leader in my district, it would shock you to know that 90% of the youth in the church are not ok with the way and manner marriages are carried out in the church and this over the years have led to mass exodus of highly gifted youths from the church! Its more like a Bondage, Yes and i forsee more coming if the church dosnt look into it! I see inconsistency in these Rules and Regulations,

The idea of proposing to the sister after seeing the MC is become a stumbling block to many even leaders, since its not entirely Biblical when not adjust it for the sake of the Future of the church

I agree with you in a way.

Most of us just dey follow rules that we don't buy into because we have no choice
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by FA13(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
Rapture4real:

If you are a genuine christian who wants to remain in God's will,it is necessary.Younmust also be of the pastor.If marriage is like a car that you can abandon and buy another one,then no necessary but as a life time commitment, very important.

Genuine christian indeed.

To tell the pastor is a qualification to be a genuine christian.

Some will leave weightier matter of the law and focus on less important issue.

Since the pastor is just to guide you, once you can live with the outcome of your decision, tell me the sin?
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by sammykess(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
These laws are everywhere, pastors flag it as if it's heavenly doctrine

FA13:

Genuine christian indeed.

To tell the pastor is a qualification to be a genuine christian.

Some will leave weightier matter of the law and focus on less important issue.

Since the pastor is just to guide you, once you can live with the outcome of your decision, tell me the sin?
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by sammykess(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
God's will is always concerning us is thought of good and not evil, Satan is always there to put asunder in marriages, it's only God that binds home,different folks with different level of grace

emmanajayi:

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by sammykess(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
Validate your opinion

Caustics:
no
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by tosyne2much(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
I see u have overdosed ursef with religion again as many Africans.. As u sleep tonight please think about ur life.. Read ur Bible very well.. Xtians now worship pastors even pay pastors to pray for them.. Where in the Bible did you read about this? God said believe in me and me alone but nowadays u lots worship and pray to men instead.. I know some opium overdosed ones will not agree but in the end wat is my bizness .. Ur doom ur life.. Livefree or diehard..
LMAO cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
tosyne2much:
LMAO cheesy
tosyno.. Why u dey laughing naaa hope u never inhale sulphur grin
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by emmanajayi: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
sammykess:
God's will is always concerning us is thought of good and not evil, Satan is always there to put asunder in marriages, it's only God that binds home,different folks with different level of grace

YEA THAT TRUE BUT WILL OF GOD MAKE THE GRACE COME EARLIE BFOR DESTRUCTION OR CRASH

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by tosyne2much(m): 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
SirGoldEjike:

You're very right my brother. Deep Life doctrines seem to put members in bondage. I'm fact, most of them are socially restrained at the expense of making heaving undecided
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by EbukaHades10(m): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
tosyne2much:
You're very right my brother. Deep Life doctrines seem to put members in bondage. I'm fact, most of them are socially restrained as the expense of making heaving undecided
More than right. My rommie who is a deeper life member said he doesn't barb his hair bcus he doesn't want to be fine and when he was "in the world" was when he last kissed. The thing just weak me.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by tosyne2much(m): 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
EbukaHades10:
More than right. My rommie who is a deeper life member said he doesn't barb his hair bcus he doesn't want to be fine and when he was "in the world" was when he last kissed. The thing just weak me.
I tell you bro, Christianity in Nigeria is becoming more of nuisance than comfort
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by EbukaHades10(m): 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
tosyne2much:
I tell you bro, Christianity in Nigeria is becoming more of nuisance than comfort
I prefer nt to be tied down to any church or religion. As far as i know dat there's gud,evil or a Supreme being
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by serenegroup(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
in my district here i know of not less than 5 Brothers and a sister that was rejected by their supposedly ''will of God'' and the embarrasment no be here oooo! Its true that we must submit to Authorities because they are ordained by God, but for this crucial matter i wont submit totally,

I rather inform the Sister 1st, get her consent whether positive or negative then Face the consequences!

#AmNotaSlavetoChurchDoctrines
sharp brother. A brother I know is also going ahead to inform her and she has accepted. to me its better to get a yes from her than to be sending series of names and hearing no no no every time. God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? / Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.