Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here (50639 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
Inanna:
I don't like people cry

Nah.. Sweetie you've found not to see the good or appreciate the good in people
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by danthamccoy(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
Such topics as these shouldn't make front page as people who have no idea what others are facing will troop in to be silly and troll.

@op, I'm a bit of an introvert but working on it. I'd much rather stay home and read a book than go out but tbh it's not who I want to be.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by zeemdam: 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
I've used to be an introvert ( or I thought i was), though i was always outspoken amongst friends (max i have at a time is 3) until my Undergraduate days, 300L upwards, when people usually say that i have two personalities of which one is great and the other is irritating, i found my self to be an ambivert

Sometimes i can be very jovial, almost talkative in class or in the midst of other crowd. I engage everyone in a discussion and make jokes about almost everyone. One would almost mistake me for a comedian. People love this guy, coupled with the fact that i was among the best in class.

Other days, i will just be on my own, not relating with anyone, just doing my thing. In such cases, I get questions like 'what's wrong?, 'You are not cheerful today' and i will be like 'nothing, I'm fine'. This introvert side of me has caused a lotta misunderstandings especially with the ladies as they expect to always meet that outspoken and jovial guy they kno, and on days I'm not, they will think i am mad at them for something or i am snobbing them, or i just don't want them around.

This lead me to being extra conscious around ladies and try to make my extrovert side available always, a feat i couldn't achieve even with tedious effort. I tried many times to do away with my introvert personality but to no avail. I have stopped trying and have accepted both sides of me.

I do party on occasion and i party hard on such occasions.

I Currently have 3 friends (the highest I've ever had) out if which i frequently communicate with 2 because they contact me frequently. I hardly call my friends. They do most of the calling.

I rarely chat, mostly visit Facebook and Twitter as a ghost (hardly update, comment or tweet)and This is probably my longest post on Nairaland.

As much as i wished (i have stopped wishing) to always be an extrovert, I love the Introvert part of myself as i rarely feel lonely when I'm alone and it gives me ample time to think and plan.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by ncoolsome(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
i cant jxt stop laughing..... cheesy you are so dumb

And is "you are so dumb" suppose to be a compliment am jst an introvert dnt blame me..

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by lelvin(m): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
You guys got me smiling at my phone like a mumu. It's not easy being an introvert, some times I wake up and I don't want to talk to anyone. And they will be like, 'what's wrong with you'.
You all know how it is in our head! We can love ehn! But when we hate, even the devil sits to learn. #1L

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by juman(m): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hmmm

I am neither introvert nor extrovert.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by kagari: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Inanna:
My boyfriend/husband must be an extrovert. I Can't continue living in a shell. I need to explore the world and see it in all dimensions and perspectives. Introverts tend to view the world from only one point of view- loud, scary, discomforting and unnerving when in actual fact there's more to it. There's the good, exciting, dynamic and interesting part of it. I want to see life and people this way.
Although I can't help but just think of how amazing it would be if I end up with someone that's just like me. Where we don't need to have conversations, there'd be comfort in our silences, we'd spend long hours indoors doing introvert things. where we could spend long hours together without saying a word but understanding each other's thought perfectly well, where we'd decline every invitation to attend whatever event because we'd rather stay home and read a good book or just enjoy the comfort of being secluded . Where we'd not really have any friends because we are more than enough company for each other. Who else can relate?
nobody undecided
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by martineverest(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
my angoraphobia is xtreme
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Bolter96: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Actually, I think most people that frequent Nairaland are introverts. Extrovert don't have time for that.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by harbjar(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
wins18:
Being an introvert comes with some down sides, as an introvert I have my own challenges or should I call it excesses lol.
I miss my chances on getting that pretty crush of mine, I fear rejection and I am yet to device a means of handling such when it occurs, even though when the green light is at its peak.
Another one is that I find it hard to maintain closer relationship with people, they complain I don't call them, truth is I prefer texting instead.
Share yours too lets know ourselves better.
this is me
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
zeemdam:
I've used to be an introvert ( or I thought i was), though i was always outspoken amongst friends (max i have at a time is 3) until my Undergraduate days, 300L upwards, when people usually say that i have two personalities of which one is great and the other is irritating, i found my self to be an ambivert

Sometimes i can be very jovial, almost talkative in class or in the midst of other crowd. I engage everyone in a discussion and make jokes about almost everyone. One would almost mistake me for a comedian. People love this guy, coupled with the fact that i was among the best in class.

Other days, i will just be on my own, not relating with anyone, just doing my thing. In such cases, I get questions like 'what's wrong?, 'You are not cheerful today' and i will be like 'nothing, I'm fine'. This introvert side of me has caused a lotta misunderstandings especially with the ladies as they expect to always meet that outspoken and jovial guy they kno, and on days I'm not, they will think i am mad at them for something or i am snobbing them, or i just don't want them around.

This lead me to being extra conscious around ladies and try to make my extrovert side available always, a feat i couldn't achieve even with tedious effort. I tried many times to do away with my introvert personality but to no avail. I have stopped trying and have accepted both sides of me.

I do party on occasion and i party hard on such occasions.

I Currently have 3 friends (the highest I've ever had) out if which i frequently communicate with 2 because they contact me frequently. I hardly call my friends. They do most of the calling.

I rarely chat, mostly visit Facebook and Twitter as a ghost (hardly update, comment or tweet)and This is probably my longest post on Nairaland.

As much as i wished (i have stopped wishing) to always be an extrovert, I love the Introvert part of myself as i rarely feel lonely when I'm alone and it gives me ample time to think and plan.

You're an extrovert my man grin

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Bolter96:
Actually, I think most people that frequent Nairaland are introverts. Extrovert don't have time for that.
True

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by danthamccoy(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
martineverest:
my angoraphobia is xtreme
I think you mean Agoraphobia. And even a bit of that is extreme in my opinion. How do you deal with it?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by RSVP: 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Very few friends and they all are snitching but dey think I don't know grin grin grin grin . I always preserve things before it happen and i hate crowd.. Funny enough I always think I'm not alone when I'm actually alone. sad

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by lawrence35(m): 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
Wow..... And I tot I was in this alone....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by zeemdam: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
lelvin:
You guys got me smiling at my phone like a mumu. It's not easy being an introvert, some times I wake up and I don't want to talk to anyone. And they will be like, 'what's wrong with you'.
You all know how it is in our head! We can love ehn! But when we hate, even the devil sits to learn. #1L

Similar applies to me.
I can love like no tomorrow, but i can do opposite just as well.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nofuckgiven: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
Inanna:
My boyfriend/husband must be an extrovert. I Can't continue living in a shell. I need to explore the world and see it in all dimensions and perspectives. Introverts tend to view the world from only one point of view- loud, scary, discomforting and unnerving when in actual fact there's more to it. There's the good, exciting, dynamic and interesting part of it. I want to see life and people this way.
Although I can't help but just think of how amazing it would be if I end up with someone that's just like me. Where we don't need to have conversations, there'd be comfort in our silences, we'd spend long hours indoors doing introvert things. where we could spend long hours together without saying a word but understanding each other's thought perfectly well, where we'd decline every invitation to attend whatever event because we'd rather stay home and read a good book or just enjoy the comfort of being secluded . Where we'd not really have any friends because we are more than enough company for each other. Who else can relate?
Truth is as an introvert you should be with an extrovert to spice up the relationship. I hope to marry an extrovert because I am now an ambivert(introvert+extrovert). I force myself to evolve over time but I always slid back to my shell more often than I should. We are actually emotional and very intelligent because we think a lot. Oh,I forgot. Wise!! cool
I couldn't stand a loud-mouthed extrovert who I knew for just a month,I had to cut him loose. He asked me out as a straightforward guy and I accepted. Then found out he is a talkative and so annoying. I hate guys who talk like women. Jeez!! And he loves drama!! I can't stand dramaqueens/kings and/or ppl who are desperate for public attention.
PS. Any introvert lady in need of a roommate on Lagos mainland should send me a mail. Check signature. Lesbians stay off! Gays are welcome sha grin

6 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Dammy774(f): 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
Divay22:
Staying out for long makes me unhappy..
Op have you completed that your story undecided

same here. staying in a place for long makes me very uncomfortable.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by kagari: 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
ORIJIN201:
Being an introvert unfortunately, never make friends except we have something in common or have thesame area of interest like being in thesame department in school or we are fans of the same soccer team.
I used to be afraid of rejection, but after being rejected by 2 girls, now I can handle it.
To be honest this world and it's people can be very unforgiving.
To be able to suppress my true nature I chose to be humorous when am in school although I have a good sense of humor, I want pple around me to have a good laugh and enjoy their selves when am around. But I don't get close enough for you to know me, I only let you know what I want you to know. Where am living its more than a year now I don't have any friends. So its a diff. Scenario when am home just me and my self in my playing game on my laptop or doing something else or am here on nairaland.
I have just been rejected by a girl I really like a lot, been trying a lot to let her see I have good intentions. Was talking to her today in the middle of a convo she just told me to keep quiet tried to say a word again she told me to keep shut lol, didn't say anything till I left (we were walking together in a pack) it was quite embarrassing. Didn't say anything to her she felt guilty and kept looking at me all through till I left. Because I told her my feelings she just misbehaves and feels she is entitled to do anything she likes, but guess what I will leave it to her, there are other girls out there.

Dude there are no girls out there stop using that phrase as a consolation. Work on yourself, be versatile in knowledge and be funny and witty, if you ain't too religious be vulgar inbetween in a matured way. And lastly lie very well about how you control the feminine gender, have a good memory so you don't forget your lies grin also have small change in your pocket. When you do this for 6 months you should be good to go. Also pickup a sales job and make ladies your primary market, it would boost your confidence in ladies affairs

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
This whole introvert extrovert thing is better explained using the personality type scheme developed by psychologists that is the sanguine melancholy phlegmatic and choleric. I think it's a better description. Because every human being has two sides. An extrovert side and an introvert side. A masculine side and a feminine side. Everyone has this. Your default setting is who you really are because everyone has times where they want to be alone even extroverts

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by moshood521: 11:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
Am an ambivert nw......
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by sheDD(m): 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin
Cleopatra4:
I find it difficult to make friends...
When I do I just snub them just like that.
People think say I get pride but Na lie grin I'm one of the most simple person on earth.
Just the introvert thing embarassed
same with me
z like na our village softwork

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
I do not like meeting people. I don't bother starting friendship with anyone coz I'm scared it'll end very soon as I don't have what it takes to sustain it. I'm not in touch with any of my secondary school friends- I just connected with two recently and I'm bored already.
I have not attended any party since 2010! I'm scared of going out - Agoraphobia ish. I can stay home for weeks and not complain. My friend helped me improve a bit when I was in school.
Funny thing is, I'm not shy, I can face the whole of Nigerian and talk. When I manage to get out I can be playful and all but if you try to come close, I just shut you out. I don taya.
I don't have a large circle. Even on social media, I screen my friends list at every opportunity I get.
The good part of me, I'm a good conversationalist.

PS: there's a difference between being shy, being quiet and being introverted.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by dacovajnr: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Now I found a place I can call home cheesy cheesy.

I'm extremely introverted, I don't like crowd and I've had just one best friend over the past 15yrs. If you can't find me @ home you're 99.9% likely to find me @ his place,when he's not home I find comfort in my Xbox.

You won't even find me on any family portraits or pix taken @ a family gathering, coz I don't attend parties not even the one that's being hosted by my own family grin grin

Reason why I feel save with Social media/chat platforms.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nofuckgiven: 11:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
thesuave10:
This whole introvert extrovert thing is better explained using the personality type scheme developed by psychologists that is the sanguine melancholy phlegmatic and choleric. I think it's a better description. Because every human being has two sides. An extrovert side and an introvert side. A masculine side and a feminine side. Everyone has this. Your default setting is who you really are because everyone has times where they want to be alone even extroverts
One personality is always more than the other in most people. Only few ppl have balanced personalities aka ambiverts.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
ORIJIN201:
Being an introvert unfortunately, never make friends except we have something in common or have thesame area of interest like being in thesame department in school or we are fans of the same soccer team.
I used to be afraid of rejection, but after being rejected by 2 girls, now I can handle it.
To be honest this world and it's people can be very unforgiving.
To be able to suppress my true nature I chose to be humorous when am in school although I have a good sense of humor, I want pple around me to have a good laugh and enjoy their selves when am around. But I don't get close enough for you to know me, I only let you know what I want you to know. Where am living its more than a year now I don't have any friends. So its a diff. Scenario when am home just me and my self in my playing game on my laptop or doing something else or am here on nairaland.
I have just been rejected by a girl I really like a lot, been trying a lot to let her see I have good intentions. Was talking to her today in the middle of a convo she just told me to keep quiet tried to say a word again she told me to keep shut lol, didn't say anything till I left (we were walking together in a pack) it was quite embarrassing. Didn't say anything to her she felt guilty and kept looking at me all through till I left. Because I told her my feelings she just misbehaves and feels she is entitled to do anything she likes, but guess what I will leave it to her, there are other girls out there.

Your have some issues
1 you haven't gotten over your rejection fear fully. Somehow you still think it matters
2 you're trying too much to impress her
3 this "I want everyone around me to have fun" mentality is a common excuse to really show that they are insecure and seek the approval of others. Sometimes if they think they're funny they fell people will like them and won't get rejected which is exactly what your doing.
4 there's a common phrase in psychology that goes " what you do in one thing shows in every other thing" so if your out there trying to impress everyone and be humorous, that mindset is going to show in everything you do. That's why that girl is acting that way is here she's you're trying to hard to impress her instead of not giving a fûck
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by princecase: 11:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
I have realised I am a mix of both personalities.

Much of an introvert, don't like crowds.

Don't feel good around much people I don't relate well with. Had a horrible experience in camp during my service year.

Apparently the knowledge of who I am has made me better and will greatly determine the kind of person I end up with.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

One personality is always more than the other in most people. Only few ppl have balanced personalities aka ambiverts.

Yh

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by ThatFairGuy: 12:01am On Jul 21, 2017
Here I am. I hate noise, makes few friend, speaks little... I do summon courage to speak to .............. Not here grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by MisterKings(m): 12:01am On Jul 21, 2017
wins18:
Being an introvert comes with some down sides, as an introvert I have my own challenges or should I call it excesses lol.
I miss my chances on getting that pretty crush of mine, I fear rejection and I am yet to device a means of handling such when it occurs, even though when the green light is at its peak.
Another one is that I find it hard to maintain closer relationship with people, they complain I don't call them, truth is I prefer texting instead.
Share yours too lets know ourselves better.

Lol I am introvert too but i don't pass up on green light o. I fear rejection but make that green light no shine for my eye if not i must grab my opportunity.

In my own case when i am not at work i hide in the deepest part of my room and no one will ever know i am around

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Omoluabi16(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2017
I'm an introvert. I get unnecessarily paranoid about people. I only started attending parties last year. My social life ended when I left school. I can't even hook up with old school mates without feeling uneasy. Always at peace when I'm alone, music has become my best mate.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by martineverest(m): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2017
danthamccoy:

I think you mean Agoraphobia. And even a bit of that is extreme in my opinion. How do you deal with it?
havnt dealt with it o.......still having it alongside OCD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / Accident Between A Giraffe And A Lorry - Picture / How To Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.