Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,653 members, 7,958,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 (38517 Views)

UNIPORT Student Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Murder Of 8-Year-Old Girl / Police Uncover New Strategy For Robbing Bank Customers / Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Iamsammy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
AreaFada2:
Armed robbery is death penalty. The idea is he could have killed the victim. A

I think the law is too strict. Armed robbery could be 21 years. If injury caused, it could be 25 years to life depending on severity. If death caused in the act then death penalty.
jah bless u bros, u make sense die, in this case, no injury so d case will b treated as burglary according to police act
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Abraham18(m): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
Piece of advise, when u want to steal money make sure u still big sum. If he stole 3.4b naira I bet he will be working freely on street now.
#Myadvise#
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by danthamccoy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
All this wannabe bloggers b giving false information since d birth of Jesus Christ just for traffic. Madam op, wetin b d second crime he committed? To my best of knowledge, d man committed burglary wich is 3yrs imprisonment if it's daytime and 7yrs if it was committed in d night. Even manslaughter is 21yrs imprisonment.so tell m, how can a sane judge send someone to death by hanging by committing burglary? Go and get ur fact right and stop misleading pple biko
Lol. Nothing funnier than people speaking with confidence on things they don't know much about. His crime was armed robbery and not burglary. A simple Google search will ahow you the vast difference between both crimes.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by IPOBevangelist: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
When I say the masses should rise up and join IPOB, you all think it is biased. 3,420 naira is the worth of Adedeji's life ?

You cant to take a life because of 3k naira ?

Any man who robs for 3k is hungry and poor. He is poor because the government has failed him. No education loan, no social security, no social safety nets, no welfare, no food stamp and all you poor people are here being tribal and defending the tribe you were born into by your parents and the religions you were born into my your parents ?

Cant you all see that you are slaves in your own country of birth ? Diezanni will go to jail and come out, Tinubu is untouchable. Goodluck Jonathanis untouchable. Babangida, OBJ, Atiku, Amaechi and Fashola etc are untouchable, while the poor are being killed daily, jailed daily ?

You know what ? For some of you who might think I support crime. A life is worth more than 3k. Jail was designed for a reason.

Rise up and form your local IPOB and liberate yourself from your mumu-ness.

Una mumu don do.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by joepentwo(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
WERE IS DS EVANS?

NIGERIAN LAWYERS WIDT DIA YEYENEWS
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Soundmind(m): 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Unbelievable!
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin shocked grin

This is a putrefied tale & quite misleading.

There is no just way an accused will be sentenced to meet his maker just for armed robbery.

BTW why is it that the other crime he committed couldn't be mentioned that the judge ruled on

If this piece of shit is true, then it is simply jungle justice.

How come all the sarakis and maduekes of this world have not gotten the rope yet? The most devastating weapon in Nigeria today is the PEN. Very cheap but wrecks so much havoc with mutidimentional evil effects on the masses.

A poor man is always the scapegoat of the Nigerian judiciary.

Guess the judge has never sentenced anyone to death before but simply just want to know how it feels to do so & pride about it.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Humanistme: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
jah bless u bros, u make sense die, in this case, no injury so d case will b treated as burglary according to police act

http://www.djetlawyer.com/robbery-armed-robbery/

don't be ignorant.

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by banmee(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
rossyc:
Haba, what happened to prison yard?

That is the question Nigerians should ask before engaging in jungle justice.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by SmartyPants(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
bros w all argue to learn, can u plz define WATS burglary and armed robbery?

Okay thats a good approach to life, although you could easily use google faster.

Burglary:

The criminal offense of breaking and entering a building illegally for the purpose of committing a crime.
Burglary, at Common Law, was the trespassory breaking and entering of the dwelling of another at night with an intent to commit a felony therein. It is an offense against possession and habitation. The common-law elements of the offense have been modified in most jurisdictions by statutes that tend to make the crime less restrictive.

Armed robbery:

The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation.
Robbery is a crime of theft and can be classified as Larceny by force or by threat of force. The elements of the crime of robbery include the use of force or intimidation and all the elements of the crime of larceny. The penalty for robbery is always more severe than for larceny.

Both definitions derived from The Free Dictionary By Farlex (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/)

In law, offenses are very specific, and are grouped based on specific elements. Two legal offences may contain some of the same elements but may differ on one or two elements and therefore be considered vastly different offences in law. To differentiate between burglary and armed robbery, we must identify the key elements of both.

Key Elements:

Burglary: (i) breaking into of premises; (ii) intent to commit a felony

Armed robbery: (i) theft (ii) threat of physical force or violence (iii) where it includes an ordinary weapon it is a more serious offence and where it is done with a deadly weapon it is most serious.

The similarities between armed robbery and burglary in this case are the fact that burglary is part of what the convict did. He broke into the victims home with intent to commit a felony, which made him a burglar until he actually went ahead and committed the felony of armed robbery.

Armed robbery is a much more weighty offence.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by banmee(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
IPOBevangelist:
When I say the masses should rise up and join IPOB, you all think it is biased. 3,420 naira is the worth of Adedeji's life ?

Any man who robs for 3k is hungry and poor. He is poor because the government has failed him. No education loan, no social security, no social safety nets, no welfare, no food stamp and all you poor people are here being tribal and defending the tribe you were born into by your parents and the religions you were born into my your parents ?

Cant you all see that you are slaves in your own country of birth ? Diezanni will go to jail and come out, Tinubu is untouchable. Goodluck Jonathanis untouchable. Babangida, OBJ, Atiku, Amaechi and Fashola etc are untouchable, while the poor are being killed daily, jailed daily ?

You know what ? For some of you who might think I support crime. A life is worth more than 3k. Jail was designed for a reason.

Una mumu don do.

Lol. Funny question. Yes you can. In Nigeria that is. Is this not a country where people burn suspects in the streets for stealing maggi cubes? Half the mofo's on the thread are the same ones jumping for joy when a suspect is executed in the streets and are here faking horror. S.tupid people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Emanade1(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
That's too much mehn
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
nothing we'll not see in this country. even in d old testament dis kind of judgement was never recorded. God help Nigeria
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Humanistme: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
banmee:

That is the question Nigerians should ask before engaging in jungle justice.

it's now they hate death penalty. when the culprit has bee n convicted by a judge. but they clap for it when the trial is by illiterate road side louts.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Jaqenhghar: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
IPOBevangelist:

Una mumu don do.
Mr. Man why are you justifying stealing? Junger is not an excuse to rob and kill people. I keep saying it its not about hunger but anyone who robs had thay criminal tendency from time. In a country like Niger where they are hungrier than Nigerians they dont behave like this
Nigerians always justify any social ill
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by banmee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
Humanistme:

it's now they hate death penalty. when the culprit has bee n convicted by a judge. but they clap for it when the trial is by illiterate road side louts.

You can just imagine the mentality. The way black people think is just amazing. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Moganajoe: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
Criminal law in this country is against the poor not the rich

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by truthstands11: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
This judgement is not right as far as I'm concerned. It should be appealed. Its too hash and not commensurate with the level of offence. I appeal to human right activists to step up with lawyers to help this victim of hash judgement in Osun state.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by IamGeorgie(m): 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
AS LONG AS I LIVE, THAT JUDGE DESERVES TO DIE BY HANGING.,but wait o, no higher court for him to appeal? This must be an endtime Judge.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by alid8788(m): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
this is wickedness, what a country.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Jaqenhghar: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Humanistme:

Well said
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by holuwapopsh(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
God push dat man why death by hanging haa which Forward in dis country
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by MTKbudapest(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
if someone can be sentenced to death by hanging for robbing 3,420 with a knife,

it means nigerian politicians that robs with pen with be stoned to death

but watchout nothing will be done to them

the looting will go on.

Can someone tell me if im from Nigeria or Biafra or NigerDelta? I hail from south south...

Help pls im lost in Africa...
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by VivaLaFrans: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Christane:
thief na thief no big thief no smal thief ..even if z 5naira he stole he z stil a thief nd must face d penalty 4 z action ..R.I.P in advance go nd steal no more.
angry
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by fumiswtpusy(f): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Are they not all thieves.
Why sentense one and leave others.
If I am the commissioner of police I will arrest every yoruba man.i can swear that they will either be ritualist,fraudsters or thieves.
I am a yoruba girl and I know what.I am saying.
They call. Me fumi,the first neat,brave and truthful yoruba girl
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Christane: 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
oga go to hell
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Awaja(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
This con3 is a joke ,you kill a Petty thief and hail the massive looters ,what kinda of gbana did the judge blow?a lot of brain at d helm of affair need reformatting .
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by delishpot: 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
SmartyPants:

My precise thoughts.

Death sentence is just a tad bit excessive though...a lengthy jail term would have done. As is i pretty sure a superior court will overturn this verdict.

Yeah, maybe he(the judge) took into consideration the things that happened during the armed robbery incident. You know, a robber who came to steal and takes what you have and leaves is different from one who threatened to rape your 2yr old daughter or chop your fingers off etc if you do not give him more money. So maybe her story prompted the judge. But yes, he may beat it down to life instead of death penalty.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Lewandoski20(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
Meanwhile Evans the Billionaire Kidnapper has suddenly disappeared from Custody...

That judge better resign dishonourably!
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by sshalom(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
The same type of sentence should be delivered to all thieving politicians and leaders. Nigeria is a case of the Animal Farm. Terrible to even think the man has been on trial since 2009.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by santicruz: 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
How far with Evans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Pregnant Nigerian Girl In Ghana Held Hostage By Her Abusive Boyfriend / Housewife Pours Hot Water On Woman For Dating Her Husband (pic) / $450,000 Of Cocaine Found Washed Up On Alabama Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.