Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 (38366 Views)

UNIPORT Student Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Murder Of 8-Year-Old Girl / Police Uncover New Strategy For Robbing Bank Customers / Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by jessedaflow: 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
Christane:
thief na thief no big thief no smal thief ..even if z 5naira he stole he z stil a thief nd must face d penalty 4 z action ..R.I.P in advance go nd steal no more.
and u say ur name na christane* sumtimes I won't blame nnamdi kanu when he refer nigerians as animals#
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
It is not attempted murder.... it was a deliberate armed robbery. He went to her house in the night, the intent is clearly established. He can appeal and it would get converted to life imprisonment or a sentence of 21 years in prison.

cristianisraeli:

u should have directed all this grammar to the person that posted it and the mod..as long he didnt kill the victim he could be charged for attempted murder and that does not carry the capital punishment..he should be jailed for life whatever but not hanged simple,u know even know law..u try oo..u really take time to harvest our moniker..lol
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by robay(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
What a useless country
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by maasoap(m): 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
oh Lord of nairaland, wat d f**k do u know about Nigeria police act for goddam sake, and do I look like someone dat comment for d likes sake?, where b dat ur god forsaken country sef b4 talk ah pls
And you also know more than the judge that delivered judgement after 8 years? Go and learn more about the sentences for armed robbery (not burglary) in Nigeria.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by cristianisraeli: 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
NubiLove:
It is not attempted murder.... it was a deliberate armed robbery. He went to her house in the night, the intent is clearly established. He can appeal and it would get converted to life imprisonment or a sentence of 21 years in prison.

bros u no no law abeg....if me and u fight for street and u punch me and i faint and wake up for hospital u will be charged with assault..but if u use weapon assault me then..its assault with a deadly weapon..if the person reach hospital and bleed..its attempted murder..do u understand now..in law one can be charged on multiple counts...armed robbery,assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yes, in a lot of cases, the prosecutor can push for multiple counts charges (like the Dammy Krane fake credit card scenario), but the case is a clear case of armed robbery and the evidence is strong enough and the penalty is stiff enough, what is the point of adding other charges that would give lesser sentences? Is it pity?

Even if he added armed robbery, assault with a weapon and attempted murder, he would likely get death penalty/life imprisonment for armed robbery, as much as 3 years for assault with a weapon and life imprisonment for attempted murder according to our criminal code act.

The prosecutor can decide which charge to add or which to drop... the armed robbery charge was a slam dunk.

The prosecutor would still win the armed robbery charge that carries the death penalty, so in the end same results.

I have ZERO pity for armed robbers and kidnappers now... my IT supervisor was killed in May this year by people like him. The news was posted here on Nairaland and LindaIkeji --- this is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3812589/kidnappers-lure-man-ogun-kill

He pleaded not guilty to the one count charge of armed robbery when he was arraigned about eight years ago and was granted bail.

cristianisraeli:

bros u no no law abeg....if me and u fight for street and u punch me and i faint and wake up for hospital u will be charged with assault..but if u use weapon assault me then..its assault with a deadly weapon..if the person reach hospital and bleed..its attempted murder..do u understand now..in law one can be charged on multiple counts...armed robbery,assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Turbocharged: 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
All this wannabe bloggers b giving false information since d birth of Jesus Christ just for traffic. Madam op, wetin b d second crime he committed? To my best of knowledge, d man committed burglary wich is 3yrs imprisonment if it's daytime and 7yrs if it was committed in d night. Even manslaughter is 21yrs imprisonment.so tell m, how can a sane judge send someone to death by hanging by committing burglary? Go and get ur fact right and stop misleading pple biko
Please , if you or any person know the convict, help me to contact him. This ruling has to be appealed, and I am ready to ready to bear the legal cost.

#saynotoinjustice
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by cristianisraeli: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
NubiLove:
Yes, in a lot of cases, the prosecutor can push for multiple counts charges (like the Dammy Krane fake credit card scenario), but the case is a clear case of armed robbery and the evidence is strong enough and the penalty is stiff enough, what is the point of adding other charges that would give lesser sentences? Is it pity?

Even if he added armed robbery, assault with a weapon and attempted murder, he would likely get death penalty/life imprisonment for armed robbery, as much as 3 years for assault with a weapon and life imprisonment for attempted murder according to our criminal code act.

The prosecutor can decide which charge to add or which to drop... the armed robbery charge was a slam dunk.

The prosecutor would still win the armed robbery charge that carries the death penalty, so in the end same results.

I have ZERO pity for armed robbers and kidnappers now... my IT supervisor was killed in May this year by people like him. The news was posted here on Nairaland and LindaIkeji --- this is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3812589/kidnappers-lure-man-ogun-kill

i do not pity them at all bkos they are always ruthless and they put u thru trauma..but i dont see where is says the robber injured the woman?he came into the house with a knife thats armed robbery and he was caught taken to court and bailed only to be brought back by another wahala..armed robbery carries capital punishment but come on this guy didnt rob a bank and he even even use a gun and he stole how much 4k..i dont think he should be hanged.life imprisonment fine..but hanging him..NO..painful when we loose someone like that but this sentence the judge handed to the guy is jungle justice...the real theives that dont break into ur house at night are sitting in the national assembly and co..those are the people that deserve such..in law something called justice tempered with mercy when the judge decides to use his human side.i think thats what the judge should have done..the judge should direct his anger at the looters..but NO it would never happen
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 21, 2017
For him to get the death penalty, he must rob with a weapon and he must have injured her and she must have gone to a Government hospital to get a medical report on the issue. Look at the bolded text in our ROBBERY AND FIREAMS ACT: ((2b) stipulates what he must have done, while (3) is the punishment).

1. Punishment for robbery

(1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon trial and conviction under this Act, be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 21 years.

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of the robbery the said offender wounds or uses any personal violence to any person, the offender shall be liable upon conviction under this Act to be sentenced to death.

(3) The sentence of death imposed under this section may be executed by hanging the offender by the neck till he be dead or by causing such offender to suffer death by firing squad as the Governor may direct.

According to the prosecuting counsel from the state ministry of justice, Elisabeth Alabi, the condemned suspect had attacked his victim at her house in Illesa armed with a knife at midnight on the day of the incident.

cristianisraeli:

i do not pity them at all bkos they are always ruthless and they put u thru trauma..but i dont see where is says the robber injured the woman?he came into the house with a knife thats armed robbery and he was caught taken to court and bailed only to be brought back by another wahala..armed robbery carries capital punishment but come on this guy didnt rob a bank and he even even use a gun and he stole how much 4k..i dont think he should be hanged.life imprisonment fine..but hanging him..NO..painful when we loose someone like that but this sentence the judge handed to the guy is jungle justice...the real theives that dont break into ur house at night are sitting in the national assembly and co..those are the people that deserve such..in law something called justice tempered with mercy when the judge decides to use his human side.i think thats what the judge should have done..the judge should direct his anger at the looters..but NO it would never happen
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by engrkaz(m): 1:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Just today, a guy who works at d car wash where I normally wash my car was handed 4 years for stealing a torchlight Nokia fone. He confessed to d crime returned the fone but the owner(a female) insisted she lost 10k in her effort to retrieve her fone, some of us agreed to raise d 10k for her, only for me to hear later today the brother had been arraigned and slammed 4 years behind bars. I am against crime but I think some of these punishments are quite extreme. Whereas those who steal billions are pampered and treated like celebrities in court rooms.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:53am On Jul 21, 2017
Iamsammy:
nawa o, so u dey abroad and wat u know how to do best na to insult person wey u nor know abi? Anyway abroad na abroad, even guys wey dey Benin republic sef claim abroad. M sef wey dey Lag na abroad ah dey
instead of u to make amends.. Na the abroad matter dey pain u.. That is why u will remain stagnant.. Because deep down inside of u.. Envy, hatred and animosity for good things towards others is firmly rooted.. The falsehood of a well articulated individual u feign just to lead an everyday life angers the angels of favours and blessings that is why u will only be stuck as the General of é-warrior battalion...
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by ignis: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2017
serverconnect:
Hmmm, naija which way forward. Poor man will be death by hanging while rich man will be case adjourn or...

This is what we always without knowing it's a catalyst to crime.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by pesco1(m): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2017
hmm this is really hmm.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by cristianisraeli: 8:01am On Jul 21, 2017
NubiLove:
For him to get the death penalty, he must rob with a weapon and he must have injured her and she must have gone to a Government hospital to get a medical report on the issue. Look at the bolded text in our ROBBERY AND FIREAMS ACT: ((2b) stipulates what he must have done, while (3) is the punishment).

1. Punishment for robbery

(1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon trial and conviction under this Act, be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 21 years.

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of the robbery the said offender wounds or uses any personal violence to any person, the offender shall be liable upon conviction under this Act to be sentenced to death.

(3) The sentence of death imposed under this section may be executed by hanging the offender by the neck till he be dead or by causing such offender to suffer death by firing squad as the Governor may direct.

attacked it didnt say caused any bodily harm or serious bodily harm..u sha won hang this guy.lol..abeg just just add mercy join the justice
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by 400billionman: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2017
jhydebaba:
Irrespective of the amount involved, once u re armed, it is death sentence. Abi no be Nigeria here den sentence person to death for stealing 2 peak milk.

But what about pen robbers Light sentence. Mtsheew.

Yes Nigeria supports corporate crime.

Do it wearing suit, speaking big english like you were brought up in Europe.

Hire 5 SANS. Gbam !

Even the Judge or tribunal go respect you.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Iamsammy(m): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
instead of u to make amends.. Na the abroad matter dey pain u.. That is why u will remain stagnant.. Because deep down inside of u.. Envy, hatred and animosity for good things towards others is firmly rooted.. The falsehood of a well articulated individual u feign just to lead an everyday life angers the angels of favours and blessings that is why u will only be stuck as the General of é-warrior battalion...
hahahaha! Bros, u know wat? Am a fulfilled man, stagnant u said but I am satisfied with my life and my job, am a true Nigerian. Am 100% sure if u meet m In real life, u go tell m gud morning sir buh u don't av to attack any1 to proof ur point. I said wat I know buh all u can tell m is Kakaki say dz or dat. Peace tho
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by ofwest47(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
All armed robbery cases carry death penalty because the armed robber is 99.99% ready to kill its victim if the victim failed to succumb on time.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2017
ahhahhaah u sef brosss....lol@u go tell me gud morning sir...and if i say that ?it translates to wat?that u are older or wati know your type i psychologically evaluated it from your initial mention ..in psychiatry its called ADD(ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER)..sadly you dont know you need a session but only your immediate friends,wives,girlfriends and co workers as it were will be suffering as a result of this malfunction of a psyche you have..the people on nairaland who knows me will be reading this now and shake their heads for u..i dont usually reply people like you ..but then sometimes ,somebody is gotta put a restriction here on rantings/grunting from people like you...you write well like i saidearlier but do not always do that to score points ,do it because it is in you!!i only corrected you to verify the news before attacking op and the news in totality thereby making a ridicule of yourself..and you went irate like a miscreant when i mentioned i was abroad and oozed of beef.. undecided even if my intent was just to reference the whole anomaly that how is it possible i watch Nigerian TV stations and read our Newspapers here and you self styled patriotic Nigerian dont even know anything about your environment only to be attacking the system and the news..this was my offence?uncle sammy please with all due respect to your ego..go to see a doctor ASAP...i am psychologist not a psychiatrist i for don help u give u free session sef..
Iamsammy:
hahahaha! Bros, u know wat? Am a fulfilled man, stagnant u said but I am satisfied with my life and my job, am a true Nigerian. Am 100% sure if u meet m In real life, u go tell m gud morning sir buh u don't av to attack any1 to proof ur point. I said wat I know buh all u can tell m is Kakaki say dz or dat. Peace tho
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by thunderbabs: 9:36am On Jul 21, 2017
If the same Judge was to sentence Diezani Alison Madueke, i wonder what she's gonn get---death by cremation
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by DONFASZY(m): 9:45am On Jul 21, 2017
May almighty God send incurable disease dat will lead to death to d so called judge
N3000?

When people dat steal billions r surrounding him?

Thunder strike d judge death instantly

Hw can
Am so pissed
I wil
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by DONFASZY(m): 9:46am On Jul 21, 2017
May almighty God send incurable disease dat will lead to death to d so called judge
N3000

When people dat steal billions r surrounding him

Thunder strike d judge death instantly

Hw can
Am so pissed
I wil
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Ofeana3589: 10:14am On Jul 21, 2017
Say no to poverty

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by folasayolyn(f): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Haaaaaa! Diaris God ohhhhhhhhhh! I am sure the woman he robbed regrets making alarm
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Iamsammy(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
ahhahhaah u sef brosss....lol@u go tell me gud morning sir...and if i say that ?it translates to wat?that u are older or wati know your type i psychologically evaluated it from your initial mention ..in psychiatry its called ADD(ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER)..sadly you dont know you need a session but only your immediate friends,wives,girlfriends and co workers as it were will be suffering as a result of this malfunction of a psyche you have..the people on nairaland who knows me will be reading this now and shake their heads for u..i dont usually reply people like you ..but then sometimes ,somebody is gotta put a restriction here on rantings/grunting from people like you...you write well like i saidearlier but do not always do that to score points ,do it because it is in you!!i only corrected you to verify the news before attacking op and the news in totality thereby making a ridicule of yourself..and you went irate like a miscreant when i mentioned i was abroad and oozed of beef.. undecided even if my intent was just to reference the whole anomaly that how is it possible i watch Nigerian TV stations and read our Newspapers here and you self styled patriotic Nigerian dont even know anything about your environment only to be attacking the system and the news..this was my offence?uncle sammy please with all due respect to your ego..go to see a doctor ASAP...i am psychologist not a psychiatrist i for don help u give u free session sef..
i only read ur last paragraph
, so tank u sir, can I go now?
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by nosiebaba(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please let's say the truth he stabbed and killed the woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Man Who Killed His Baby 'As Sacrifice To God' In Benue. See What He Did / Photo: 27-yr-old Nigerian Man Dupes 70-yr-old Internet Lover Of N3m / Kelvin Odunuyi 'DipDat Lampz' Shot Dead In U.K At A Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.