Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 (38354 Views)

UNIPORT Student Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Murder Of 8-Year-Old Girl / Police Uncover New Strategy For Robbing Bank Customers / Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by dlordy100: 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
wot about d national money looters?..... wch way naija!!!
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by biafran1stson(m): 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Zoo judgement
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by letsgetgoing: 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
What a law of our land !!!!!!!
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by vertueptime: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
FemiEddy:
This is so inhumane

We will wait when they rob u then u will come and give us story that na jungle justice u want, mo mercy for any armed robber, because they are killers , rapist and evil men
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin
Iamsammy:
All this wannabe bloggers b giving false information since d birth of Jesus Christ just for traffic. Madam op, wetin b d second crime he committed? To my best of knowledge, d man committed burglary wich is 3yrs imprisonment if it's daytime and 7yrs if it was committed in d night. Even manslaughter is 21yrs imprisonment.so tell m, how can a sane judge send someone to death by hanging by committing burglary? Go and get ur fact right and stop misleading pple biko
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Ijobaorun(m): 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Death by hanging because of #3450 naira? That judge must be wicked and crazy. What type of sentence will he give to their useless governor depriving people of their rights by stealing the state treasury?
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by whizzyleejr(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
Ah!, this is unfair, 3k+ then the next thing is hanging, what have they done for saraki and dasuki that squander trillions, are they trying to eliminate the poors and save the rich, nigerian law section need restructuring, this is saddening.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by PDPGuy: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
The dude committed armed robbery because he was armed with a weapon, and the crime carries an automatic death sentence.

I believe the law is too harsh. The National Assembly should amend the law to punish armed robbery (if not death occurred) with a prison term of between 5-7 years.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Icon79(m): 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
What kinda sentencing is this? Was it in a sharia court or something?

Na wao, for Nigeria!

O pari
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by piice: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
Leonbonapart:
Afonja gradually porting to sharia law
The problem I have with someone like you is splitting of rubbish out of ignorance without coherent and intellectual paradigm.

I expected you to have known the rulings of sharia law on this particular offense before meddling in.

Make ur research and see how fair the sharia law is compared to ur political elites made constitution as regard this issue and stop hating obscurely and ignorantly.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Primebuilders(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
jhydebaba:
Irrespective of the amount involved, once u re armed, it is death sentence. Abi no be Nigeria here den sentence person to death for stealing 2 peak milk.

But what about pen robbers Light sentence. Mtsheew.

That's y GEJ tell u sey stealing and corruption is not the same
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by godquality: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
See why it pays to steal better money. All those politicians stealing our money, the worst that happens is seizure of their property and a slap on the wrist.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by fakati(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
Both the judge and the ministry of justice should be mentally examined,what happens to those who steals in billions of dollars and by extension kills millions of Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Vicfadex(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
what a pity,,,,and somebody will looted billions of naira,they will be talking of amnesty for such person,,,,God is the judge of all judges..non of our constitutions has ever favour the poor/masses but only the riches
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Leonbonapart(m): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
piice:

The problem I have with someone like you is splitting of rubbish out of ignorance without coherent and intellectual paradigm.

I expected you to have known the rulings of sharia law on this particular offense before meddling in.

Make ur research and see how fair the sharia law is compared to ur political elites made constitution as regard this issue and stop hating obscurely and ignorantly.
ahh neeger even support sharia law after the big grammers.... ah giv up
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by raphy(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
sad[img][/img] see gobe . were is the keep kidnapper Evans?
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by undefeateds: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
This is d most barbaric and unwise judgement, just for less than #4000 they sent him to death,they can't give him 4 to 7years imprisonment, but some nonentity sit in power embezzling workers money and they are still walking freely up and down,and paradventure if they are caught,they will just get few years imprisonment, and their loot is still intact for them when they return, and also some demonic leader sit in power displaying GOD under the canopy of stupid change mantra,this wicked ungodly and heartless judge can't unsit them and give them fierce judgement,but a very hungry man that stole less than #4000 is the one they can sent to death, with this kind of judges in judiciary, Nigeria is doomed to fail.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by cristianisraeli: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Humanistme:

thank you.

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by cristianisraeli: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
NubiLove:
The money is not what got him the death penalty, it is this: "he attacked his victim at her house in Illesa armed with a knife at midnight on the day"... making it an ARMED ROBBERY and NOT just stealing!

Once you attack someone with a weapon during an armed robbery to the extent that the person has to go to the hospital, life imprisonment or the death penalty can be awarded.

NOTE: UNDER THE NIGERIAN LAW A THIEF IS DIFFERENT FROM AN ARMED ROBBER THAT INJURED HIS/HER VICTIM!!!

tete7000
jackdaniels
cristianisraeli
hatchy
project56
Jaytecq
IamSingleDad
fasterwell
serverconnect
BleSSedMee
Leonbonapart
PublicAssurance
smogup
michaelwilli
Cornel101

u should have directed all this grammar to the person that posted it and the mod..as long he didnt kill the victim he could be charged for attempted murder and that does not carry the capital punishment..he should be jailed for life whatever but not hanged simple,u know even know law..u try oo..u really take time to harvest our moniker..lol
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
What kinda rubbish is this, why this kinda law not meant to politicians stealing taxpayers money
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
serverconnect:
Hmmm, naija which way forward. Poor man will be death by hanging while rich man will be case adjourn or...
lack merit.. I don help u complete am..
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
NubiLove:
The money is not what got him the death penalty, it is this: "he attacked his victim at her house in Illesa armed with a knife at midnight on the day"... making it an ARMED ROBBERY and NOT just stealing!

Once you attack someone with a weapon during an armed robbery to the extent that the person has to go to the hospital, life imprisonment or the death penalty can be awarded.

NOTE: UNDER THE NIGERIAN LAW A THIEF IS DIFFERENT FROM AN ARMED ROBBER THAT INJURED HIS/HER VICTIM!!!

tete7000
jackdaniels
cristianisraeli
hatchy
project56
Jaytecq
IamSingleDad
fasterwell
serverconnect
BleSSedMee
Leonbonapart
PublicAssurance
smogup
michaelwilli
Cornel101

I know this right. But I'm still shocked.

People who have committed more grievous crimes are walking about freely just cos they have the wherewithal to twist their case.

But the common man, OYO is his case.

I'm not supporting his crime in anyway, but truth is our legal system is crooked.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
All this wannabe bloggers b giving false information since d birth of Jesus Christ just for traffic. Madam op, wetin b d second crime he committed? To my best of knowledge, d man committed burglary wich is 3yrs imprisonment if it's daytime and 7yrs if it was committed in d night. Even manslaughter is 21yrs imprisonment.so tell m, how can a sane judge send someone to death by hanging by committing burglary? Go and get ur fact right and stop misleading pple biko
Bro educate ursef... Even mé wey I dey abroad sef current pass u.. Check Nigerian newspapers today its all over.. They even spoke about it on kaakaki Ait diz morning.. Ignorantly u ranted and got ursef stupid likes just like úr finance minister kemi good English nó brains.. See where she has landed us now.. Just like the way u have misled mofos like u.. NA WAOOO.. undecided
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Hardeybaryor(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
Robbery and death sentence, how do they correspond.

People stealing billions of our found are walking freely around and a poor man who stole #3500 is going to be put to death for just that reason.
This doesn't add up at at all.

Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by olatunyemi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hardeybaryor:
Robbery and death sentence, how do they correspond.

People stealing billions of our found are walking freely around and a poor man who stole #3500 is going to be put to death for just that reason.
This doesn't add up at at all.

Which way Nigeria?
that's the situation we found ourself, may God see us through
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by maasoap(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
You're highly uninformed about the constitution of your country. I'm equally disappointed in you and those who dashed you likes. Go and rob people with knife, then you will know that death sentence awaits you and other ignorants like you.

1 Like

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by maasoap(m): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
tete7000:

And penalty for stealing is death? What then will be penalty for murder? Did the man kill in the process of robbing? Maybe the judge appealed to her emotion rather than the law book in delivery the judgement...my opinion!
Armed robber doesn't need to kill before getting death sentence, no emotion.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by maasoap(m): 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
reminiscing:

You want to end a man life because of some money below 4,000? What the hell is all this
He himself had intention of ending his victim's life if she had not parted easily with her N4000. Hope you get it.
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Iamsammy(m): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
Bro educate ursef... Even mé wey I dey abroad sef current pass u.. Check Nigerian newspapers today its all over.. They even spoke about it on kaakaki Ait diz morning.. Ignorantly u ranted and got ursef stupid likes just like úr finance minister kemi good English nó brains.. See where she has landed us now.. Just like the way u have misled mofos like u.. NA WAOOO.. undecided
nawa o, so u dey abroad and wat u know how to do best na to insult person wey u nor know abi? Anyway abroad na abroad, even guys wey dey Benin republic sef claim abroad. M sef wey dey Lag na abroad ah dey

Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by Iamsammy(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
maasoap:

You're highly uninformed about the constitution of your country. I'm equally disappointed in you and those who dashed you likes. Go and rob people with knife, then you will know that death sentence awaits you and other ignorants like you.
oh Lord of nairaland, wat d f**k do u know about Nigeria police act for goddam sake, and do I look like someone dat comment for d likes sake?, where b dat ur god forsaken country sef b4 talk ah pls
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by FemiEddy(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
vertueptime:

We will wait when they rob u then u will come and give us story that na jungle justice u want, mo mercy for any armed robber, because they are killers , rapist and evil men
I really don't understand
Re: Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420 by October1960: 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
Our government officials and politicians and their family should then be chopped to pieces for all the millions and billions they have stolen including this judge.

Governors
Perm Secs
Directors
Managers
Commissioners
Ministers

You are put on notice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: 27-yr-old Nigerian Man Dupes 70-yr-old Internet Lover Of N3m / Blord: "EFCC Seized My 3 Cars & Released One" / Photos Man Who Killed His Baby 'As Sacrifice To God' In Benue. See What He Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.