Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw (1630 Views)

Emulate Late Isaac Adaka Boroh; Bayelsa Govt Tells Ijaw Leaders..... / You Don’t Own Niger Delta, INYC Tells Ijaw / Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Trut(m): 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
The Itsekiri National Youth Council (INYC) has reaffirmed its commitment to the Deghele declaration, noting that the council is very committed to the territorial protection of the Itsekiri homeland.

In a chat with Vanguard in Warri, Delta State yesterday, INYC president, Mr Agbetiniyiro Weyinmi said the welfare, safety and protection of the every sons and daughters of the Itsekiri nation is paramount, and that it will go to any length to ensure that the objective is achieved.

Reacting to a recent statement credited to the Gbaramatu Ijaws, where they said they were not scared of the Deghele Declaration by over 250 Itsekiri communities, Agbetiniyiro said the Ijaws should stop behaving as if the own the Niger Delta region and that they are not superior to any of the ethnic groups in the region, and as such are not mandated or delegated to speak for the region.

The INYC president noted that the Ijaws were only brought into prominence by the six-year reign of former President Goodluck Jonathan as the President, lamenting that since then, the Ijaw ethnic group has been carrying on as if the are the most superior clan in the region.

Reacting to Deghele declaration, the Ijaw Youth Council, (IYC) president, Mr Eric Omare said the Itsekiri youths have the right to their declearition but ”We are only concerned with the inclusion of the relocation of Warri South West headquarters from Ogbe Ijoh to Ogidigen and the changing of the name of Okerenko, where the maritime university is situated to an Itsekiri name in their said declaration.”

According to him; “’We have our own Kaiama declaration, so, the Itsekiri should focus on issues militating against the region and stop raising issues that can stir up crisis.”

On his own, Urhobo Youth Council president, Mr Festus Igherebuo said the Itsekiri youths declaration is not coming as a surprise because they are not the first ethnic group in the region to do so. According to him, the problem of the region is Federal Government’s non nonchalant attitude towards the people.

Also, the president of Edo N’Ibaromi group, Mr Osazee Amas said: ”The Itsekiri youth have the right to their declaration. Any ethnic group that has problem with the itsekiri declaration should go about it lawfully.

Also, Illaje Youth leader, Mr William Ayiren said: ”The Deghele declaration is for their survival, every ethnic group in the Niger Delta region have the right to protect their homeland. The declaration will also bring out some hidden truth about ownership of land in the region.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/dont-niger-delta-inyc-tells-ijaw/
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by 1N9a: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Trut(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
We Niger Deltans crew, make una show face cheesy grin cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
I can't remember in any article where ijaw people claim ownership of south south talk more of Niger delta,

Though the ijaw nation have been so loud in recent years, even louder than the Ibibio nation that are the biggest group in the region.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
1N9a:
waiting to quote you,

Waiting....

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Sagay212: 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
lol..biafrau.d ipods..what do you have to say about this? una never chichumchin...ijaw and itsekiri never gree, ipods wan join them by force to biafrau.d
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by ndcide(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
I've said it before. We will redefine what Nigeria delta actually is. When I stated it the other time, one urhobo boy was acting funny.

There are those who think they are more Nigeria deltan than others. I saw the future and called it foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Amberon11: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lol
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Amberon11: 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
Pls focus on your Aguleri and Umuleri youths who are killing and fighting each other daily.

Hypocrite, first remove the spec from your eye. At least the ijaws aren't fighting fellow ijaws, but Igbo against Igbo? Gosh!
Trut:
We Niger Deltans crew, make una show face cheesy grin cool
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Zeddicus2017(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
The itsekiris should keep quiet to avoid another event that took place in 1999

3 Likes

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by omenka(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
They are brothers, they can always settle their quarrels.
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Trut(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
We Niger Deltan crew, make una show face ooo

wink

2 Likes

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by coptic: 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Brothers fight all the time.

This is not new.
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Presidiotbuhari: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sagay212:
lol..biafrau.d ipods..what do you have to say about this? una never chichumchin...ijaw and itsekiri never gree, ipods wan join them by force to biafrau.d
Afonja islamist them swear for u with biafra?

4 Likes

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Presidiotbuhari: 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
Amberon11:
Pls focus on your Aguleri and Umuleri youths who are killing and fighting each other daily. More pain to ur ogogoro militant brain

Hypocrite, first remove the spec from your eye. At least the ijaws aren't fighting fellow ijaws, but Igbo against Igbo? Gosh!

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Trut(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2017
Presidiotbuhari:
Afonja islamist them swear for u with biafra?

smiley
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by googlepikins: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2017
Sagay212:
unity beggers, you don drink una toilet broom soup this morning abi?

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Okanokan(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2017
Zeddicus2017:
The itsekiris should keep quiet to avoid another event that took place in 1999

Thats arrant rubbish! The Ijaws should do away with thier Conquerors Mentality and Master of joint deliberation tactics. You/We are complaining daily of Hausa/Fulani domination and right here in our own backyard, the Ijaws are doing the same thing it is accusing Hausa/Fulani of. Am proudly Urhobo but i support the actions of the Itshekiri Youths totally, if not for the latest resistance of the Urhobos, Itshekiris and other ethnic groups in the Delta, the Ijaws would have declared a Niger-Delta Republic like Biafra. The Egis, Ikwerre, Annangs Ibibios, Isokos etc etc should come out with thier declaration. Nothing will happen!
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Sagay212: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
googlepikins:
unity beggers, you don drink una toilet broom soup this morning abi?

Ewedu, gbegiri, obe ata and plenty orisirisi meat or cat fish or egunfe is the best food anybody can ever eat. even responsible igbo people eat this food with joy. You can visit white house, amala shitta and enjoy a plate of abula. But then na village you dey and ofe nsala and cheap ogogoro with akpu don block your brain.

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by googlepikins: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sagay212:

Ewedu, gbegiri, obe ata and plenty orisirisi meat or cat fish or egunfe is the best food anybody can ever eat. even responsible igbo people eat this food with joy. You can visit white house, amala shitta and enjoy a plate of abula. But then na village you dey and ofe nsala and cheap ogogoro with akpu don block your brain.
God forbid, make vomit pour on you there.

2 Likes

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by reality1010: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
if we don't who does?We do d agitation for d region but when d spoils come u Itshekiri ppl coming crying of marginalization.

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by SIRmanjar(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
grin
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by adonis89(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
Eric Omare u r still a factional leader of iyc , hence ur not mandated to speak as iyc president. Some of us from Busta rhymes camp we don't recognise u. It's Pere we know
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by SHAKABOOM: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
ITSHEKIRIS the sabos ad snitches of niger delta. angry

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Basic123: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
I can't remember in any article where ijaw people claim ownership of south south talk more of Niger delta,

Though the ijaw nation have been so loud in recent years, even louder than the Ibibio nation that are the biggest group in the region.
because they've been able to produce the president.You see how they rushed to edit the wikipedia articles on nigerian composition and positioned themselves as the 4th largest ethnic group in nigeria.
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by Basic123: 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
googlepikins:
God forbid, make vomit pour on you there.
someone that consumes that faeces called oha is making jest of others.They are indeed deluded.

Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
The Ijaws have Kaiama declaration, I don't remember the Ijaw nation claiming ownership of the entire South-South region. Itsekiri should focus on their struggle and don't drag Ijaw in.

We are a peace loving ethnic group!!!
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by 0079jaBond(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The Ijaws have Kaiama declaration, I don't remember the Ijaw nation claiming ownership of the entire South-South region. Itsekiri should focus on their struggle and don't drag Ijaw in.

We are a peace loving ethnic group!!!

Hmmm Sir, peace loving you say?
I'm yet to receive any kindness from them though...
Should I say it's a pity I come from there?
Well, guess I've got to reconnect with my roots so I can share in your euphoria
#justSaying
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by gevans(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
all we need in Niger Delta is absolute peace
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by senatordave1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
eshietIntrepid:

I disagree with you sir.the ibibios are not the largest tribe in the south south,the ijaws are.there are in almost all the 6 ss states and number over four million.the ibibios are about 2 million.even the whole of akwa ibom state is 3.9 million.the only problem is that the ijaws are not as migrant,conspicuous and ubiquitous like the ibibios.after the ijaws,the ikweres are the second biggest ethnicity with over 2 million people.the ibibios are the 3rd,urhobos 4 and the binis 5
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by senatordave1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
eshietIntrepid:

I disagree with you sir.the ibibios are not the largest tribe in the south south,the ijaws are.there are in almost all the 6 ss states and number over four million.the ibibios are about 2 million.even the whole of akwa ibom state is 3.9 million.the only problem is that the ijaws are not as migrant,conspicuous and ubiquitous like the ibibios.after the ijaws,the ikweres are the second biggest ethnicity with over 2 million people.the ibibios are the 3rd,urhobos 4 and the binis 5.
Re: You Don’t Own Niger Delta, Itsekiri National Youth Council Tells Ijaw by eshietIntrepid(m): 12:33am On Jul 22, 2017
senatordave1:

I disagree with you sir.the ibibios are not the largest tribe in the south south,the ijaws are.there are in almost all the 6 ss states and number over four million.the ibibios are about 2 million.even the whole of akwa ibom state is 3.9 million.the only problem is that the ijaws are not as migrant,conspicuous and ubiquitous like the ibibios.after the ijaws,the ikweres are the second biggest ethnicity with over 2 million people.the ibibios are the 3rd,urhobos 4 and the binis 5.
where did you get your fact from? The Ibibio nation are above five million and ijaw nation are not up to 3.9 million figure you gave.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does It Seem Like People Hate Gov Nasir El Rufai? / FG Set To Declare Taraba Militia A Terrorist Organization / Check Out Buharis Motorcade In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.