Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York (1717 Views)

Corruption At NDDC: Rodnab, Akpabio And The N16 Billion NDDC Contract / FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price / Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Rossikki: 3:01am On Jul 21, 2017
US Govt To Auction Diezani-linked N16 Billion Apartment in New York

Wednesday’s auction of Apartment 79, a N16 billion ($50 million) penthouse in One57, one of New York City’s most expensive residential buildings, owned by fugitive Nigerian energy businessman, Kola Aluko, has been suspended.
The sale was halted after a debt collecting firm, Campion Maverick Inc. filed a suit at a federal court in Florida, United States on July 3 seeking to force the owner of the apartment, Earnshaw Associates Ltd and One57 79 Inc. into bankruptcy.

According to Bloomberg reports, the collecting firm said it wanted to recover an unpaid debt of (N26 billion) $83.1 million for gasoline and jet fuel from the owners.
The apartment had been penciled down for sale, in what is being described as New York’s biggest auction, after a Luxembourg creditor, Banque Havilland, sought to recoup a $35.3 million mortgage debt.

Last Friday, the US Department of Justice (DoJ) listed Mr Aluko, his business partner, Jide Omokore and Nigeria’s immediate past petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, as persons of interest in a civil complaint for the forfeiture of $144 million slush fund filed at a District Court in Houston Texas.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/237378-auction-diezani-ally-kola-alukos-n16-billion-new-york-apartment-suspended.html

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by pelumi111: 3:20am On Jul 21, 2017
All is well
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Jengem: 3:35am On Jul 21, 2017
Olodo the auction was suspended because banque haviland is being owed

Or u cant read
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by nextprince: 4:21am On Jul 21, 2017
Almost 4 times the recent Paris Club refunds of Ekiti state is the amount this woman spent on a single property, and this is just one of the several properties she owned under the IB, yet monkeys are still asking why the country is in recession.

5 Likes

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by marshalcarter: 4:25am On Jul 21, 2017
sad I no even understand
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by MrDude: 4:26am On Jul 21, 2017
I don't think Nigeria has ever "produce" a single corruption-free politician past or present. No matter how innocent a politician may appear, you just know the many accounts he or she operate overseas are far from innocent! Illegally stacking up some billions abroad by so doing enriching and propelling massive infrastructural development for the white man's land to the detriment of ours angry close your eyes and imagine a corruption free Nigeria where everything actually works embarassed
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 21, 2017
When will this rogue with the froggy eyeballs be jailed pls?!

2 Likes

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 21, 2017
Greedy biatch

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by gbaskiboy: 4:45am On Jul 21, 2017
Wahala many for this country......
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by madridguy(m): 4:49am On Jul 21, 2017
This is serious.

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 21, 2017
pelumi111:
All is well

All is not well. Because you and I are at the receiving end.

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Enough already.... jail them

3 Likes

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by omenka(m): 5:55am On Jul 21, 2017
Esseite:
Enough already.... jail them
EOD.
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by chimah3(m): 5:59am On Jul 21, 2017
I'm sure when this government is done too, we will still discover many Diezani in their midst!

They are all thieves and the same! Playing with our heads!

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Kondomatic(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2017
nextprince:
Almost 4 times the recent Paris Club refunds of Ekiti state is the amount this woman spent on a single property, and this is just one of the several properties she owned under the IB, yet monkeys are still asking why the country is in recession.
How much did she steal in 1984 to put Nigeria in recession?

2 Likes

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by nextprince: 6:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Kondomatic:

2 Likes

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by juman(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2017
That was what ijaw led government able to do instead of developing their area and the country.

2 Likes

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by rusher14: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2017
Kondomatic:

I know you are barely read and largely misinformed.

For your information the recession began in 1982 well into the Shagari administration and was overcome in 1984 well into the Buhari administration.

Nigeria's economy was last in recession, for less than a year, in 1991, NBS data shows. It also experienced a prolonged recession from 1982 until 1984.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL8N1BC1PQ

http://independent.ng/nigeria-in-worst-recession-in-29-years/

I dislike people who love to regurgitate rumours without cross checking.

Honestly, Buhari is a hero.

Now take my hand and thank me.
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Naijazure: 9:37am On Jul 21, 2017
rusher14:

I know you are barely read and largely misinformed.

For your information the recession began in 1982 well into the Shagari administration and was overcome in 1984 well into the Buhari administration.

Nigeria's economy was last in recession, for less than a year, in 1991, NBS data shows. It also experienced a prolonged recession from 1982 until 1984.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL8N1BC1PQ

http://independent.ng/nigeria-in-worst-recession-in-29-years/

I dislike people who love to regurgitate rumours without cross checking.

Honestly, [b]Buhari is a hero

Now take my hand and thank me.
[/b]

Ours so-called leaders be looting and championing corruption while some wanna-be patriots (mistaken youths) be calling them heros....okay continue

You can as well buy newspaper pages to declare your hero...sighs!

Future leaders indeed...who don't know justification.

When even the insane and infants in Nigeria will affirm that almost nothing is working, you took your time to call some London-based fellow a hero.

Still wondering though....

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by rusher14: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Naijazure:

Ours so-called leaders be looting and championing corruption while some wanna-be patriots (mistaken youths) be calling them heros....okay continue

You can as well buy newspaper pages to declare your hero...sighs!

Future leaders indeed...who don't know justification.

When even the insane and infants in Nigeria will affirm that almost nothing is working, you took your time to call some London-based fellow a hero.

Still wondering though....

Correct me if I'm wrong but was there a recession in 1982?
If so, and the Buhari administration came into being on the 31St of December 1983, it means within one year the administration overcame the recession.

The present recession (if we can still call it that as many international media believe we may well be out of it) is as predicted to be over already then we can say he has done well.

Granted he is ill - just as anybody can be (Ask Nnamdi Kanu), he has done everything to reduce corruption whilst positioning us for a life outside of dependence of oil.
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Bizibi(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2017
rusher14:

Correct me if I'm wrong but was there a recession in 1982?
If so, and the Buhari administration came into being on the 31St of December 1983, it means within one year the administration overcame the recession.

The present recession (if we can still call it that as many international media believe we may well be out of it) is as predicted to be over already then we can say he has done well.

Granted he is ill - just as anybody can be (Ask Nnamdi Kanu), he has done everything to reduce corruption whilst positioning us for a life outside of dependence of oil.
ehen!!!! Buhari is a hero!!!!!!
You must be insane

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by rusher14: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2017
Bizibi:
ehen!!!! Buhari is a hero!!!!!!
You must be insane

Your whole lineage must be in a leprosy colony.

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Bizibi(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2017
rusher14:

Your whole lineage must be in a leprosy colony.
seriously, you are insane.

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by rusher14: 10:08am On Jul 21, 2017
Bizibi:
seriously, you are insane.

Seriously, you need 7 dips in river Jordan.
Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Bizibi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
rusher14:

Seriously, you need 7 dips in river Jordan.
buhari lunatic,hope u stand with the skeleton when he arrives and don't forget to carry a placard with you.......

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by room089: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
........ and people would still say Buhari and APC destroyed our economy!

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Project2017(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rubbish news when will they show us babagida stolen wealth or Obasanjo own useless media ...distracting zombies with this news

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Project2017(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rossikki:
US Govt To Auction Diezani-linked N16 Billion Apartment in New York

Wednesday’s auction of Apartment 79, a N16 billion ($50 million) penthouse in One57, one of New York City’s most expensive residential buildings, owned by fugitive Nigerian energy businessman, Kola Aluko, has been suspended.
The sale was halted after a debt collecting firm, Campion Maverick Inc. filed a suit at a federal court in Florida, United States on July 3 seeking to force the owner of the apartment, Earnshaw Associates Ltd and One57 79 Inc. into bankruptcy.

According to Bloomberg reports, the collecting firm said it wanted to recover an unpaid debt of (N26 billion) $83.1 million for gasoline and jet fuel from the owners.
The apartment had been penciled down for sale, in what is being described as New York’s biggest auction, after a Luxembourg creditor, Banque Havilland, sought to recoup a $35.3 million mortgage debt.

Last Friday, the US Department of Justice (DoJ) listed Mr Aluko, his business partner, Jide Omokore and Nigeria’s immediate past petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, as persons of interest in a civil complaint for the forfeiture of $144 million slush fund filed at a District Court in Houston Texas.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/237378-auction-diezani-ally-kola-alukos-n16-billion-new-york-apartment-suspended.html
rubbish

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by rusher14: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Bizibi:
buhari lunatic,hope u stand with the skeleton when he arrives and don't forget to carry a placard with you.......

I wonder how you manage to type with those truncated fingers of yours.

1 Like

Re: US Govt To Auction Diezani - Linked N16 Billion Apartment In New York by Bizibi(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
rusher14:

I wonder how you manage to type with those truncated fingers of yours.
still wondering how you managed to write before thinking Mr insane......

(1) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi State Is The Most Stupid Governor In Nigeria / Atiku Abubakar Works Out At The Gym (Photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Should Address The Fulani Herdsmen Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.