Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. (485 Views)

Zarah Buhari Revealed What Makes Her Happy / See The Birthday Cake Presented To Emir Sanusi By His Yoruba Friend(pic) / Governor Wike Revealed What Sheriff Told Him Before Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. by indemnityy: 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mr. Dosumu Popoola from Ile Ife in Osun State, a friend and once a neighbour categorically told me some bluntantly truth about their phobia whenever any average yoruba Man hears of Igbos separating from Nigeria.

Mr. Popoola submissions on Igbos exit in Nigeria a case of study yorubas fright, state unequivolically that Igbos presence in Nigeria has giving a yoruba man freedom and peace of mind with regards of gruesome and unpalatable treated they would have gotten from the hands of Hausa/Fulani people; he enumerated the case of Ile-Ife massacre where Hausas killed a lot yorubas and got compensated from Osun State govt., even one of their Obas is still in police custody abandoned to his fate.

He said that Igbos are the only people that give the Hausas crack nut, challenging them openly without fear of molestation; even ever ready to fight with them at any given time.
He did mention of Pa Awoo sabotage of Biafra during civil war was a product of cowardice that led to him committing suicide from rat poison he took. He also revealed that the yorubas are the most dangerous people that are sabotaging the exit of Biafra today because of the fear of hausa man brutallity on them if left with them alone without Igbos and yorubas are not ready to fight for their freedom due to cowardice.

However; he cited the case of Ilorin, where the hausas forcefully taken away from them, and even making some frantic effots to install Emirs in most of the yorubas lands, he blame mostly the yoruba muslims for selling out. On some people saying that Igbo land is landlock so therefore they will suffer if they eventually leave; he describe the saying as the figment of imagination of the people saying such having used Swizerland as eg.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Op, Your Mr Popoola and his friend...... 3 of you are high on ogogoro this cloudy afternoon!

1 Like

Re: Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. by Markfemi2: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lol

You must make your issue about Yoruba sha

1 Like

Re: Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. by Kondomatic(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Audio or forget it
Re: Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. by room089: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
IPOB dem head go come stand dada!
Re: Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. by Adminisher: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
This is from uneducated back water Igboland.
Please some education for you;

Yorubas and Hausa relationship predates the year 1500.

Igbos were NEVER a hard nut for the North to crack. The NCNC , Zik's party had coalition with NPC against Awo. Ojukwu was very much at home in the North as a Senior Military Officer. Many Igbos including Zik, Nzeogwu et.c were all born in the North.

The Nigerian civil war was an easy WIN for Nigeria even though the leadership of Nigeria was just 30 year old Young officers. That is how "hard" a nut Igboland is.

Hausas never conquered Ilorin. The Fulani got involved in Oyo civil war by INVITATION of an Oyo Empire faction and today, the place is more Yoruba than ever.

Awo did not sabotage Biafra. He did his job as an Economic Minister of Nigeria and was also very serious about Eastern reconstruction after the war. Since that period all Eastern supported Presidents of NPN, PDP and even IBB have never done anything for SE Nigeria.

Finally, Biafra is never ever going to happen but would be the worst and most devastating thing to Ibos if it did. The loss would be unbelievable and the insecurity from Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram, Cameroon and even other neighbours within Nigeria would be unbelievable

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Boko Terrorists Who Escaped 4rm Sambisa While Trying 2 Attack Kano / Nigerians Deserve Every Bad Governance They're Experiencing / Six Governors Departs To London To Meet President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.