Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,584 members, 7,840,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence (1428 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie / Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by aloyemeka2: 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yar’Adua: Alaafin of Oyo explains Yoruba monarchs’ silence
From Tunde Sanni in Ibadan, 02.05.2010
Friday, February 5, 2010

Oyo

Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, yesterday explained that traditional rulers in the Yoruba speaking states have kept mum on the lingering leadership crisis in the country occasioned by the absence of President Umaru Yar’Adua due to its security nature.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/5/202.html

Adeyemi, who spoke with newsmen in his palace in Oyo , however added that the silence of the monarchs should not be interpreted as indifference in the nation’s affairs.

He said the strategy was for them to take things at their strides rather than joining the supporting or opposing views on the ailment of the president which necessitated his medical trip to Saudi Arabia over two months ago.

According to him, the Yoruba traditional rulers agreed not to be involved in the babel of voices on the health situation of Yar’Adua in order not to heat up the polity.

“The issue looks simple yet it carries serious security implications. We are in touch with one another on the situation and we agreed not to talk out now for reasons that are purely security.

He maintained that whatever might be the position of the monarchs now is not to change the tone of events but assured that their opinion, whenever that would be made, would be considered in the overall development of the country.

The monarch however canvassed a stronger traditional institution to make local government administration responsive and responsible to the electorate and the grassroots people.

He claimed that an active traditional institution would not condone the large scale graft and ineptitude of some sitting council chiefs.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2010
and this issue concerns aloy emeka because
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by aloyemeka2: 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
Because I am a Nigerian. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2010
there are 400 tribes in Nigeria

did the other ones chase you away?
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by oderemo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
the sooner all Yoruba traditional and non Yoruba traditional ruler get out of politics the Berra for us all. who cares about them any way.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2010
the sooner aloy emeka removes her ugly mouth from everybody's issues, the better the world will be
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by aloyemeka2: 1:08am On Feb 06, 2010
The sooner tpia finds a man, the better Nairalanders will be.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 06, 2010
^^ my man is here on nl, so dont worry about me.

how far with your spiritual bathing at osun river?

you might need to sacrifice a better grade of chicken or goat, from what i can see. Or change to another juju priestess.

has your man materialized yet or are you waiting for my own?
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by aloyemeka2: 1:21am On Feb 06, 2010
tpia.:

you might need to sacrifice a better grade of chicken or goat, from what i can see. Or change to another juju priestess.

has your man materialized yet or are you waiting for my own
?

What kind of man will want a 44 year old woman with 7 children born with 7 baby fathers[literally 14 sha]?. His game is not tight sha.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by abadaba(m): 1:33am On Feb 06, 2010
Back to the topic. The Alafin is the most powerful and most influential paramount ruler in the south west. There is no other person to convey this message rather than the great monarch. His remarks counts in Nigeria.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by aloyemeka2: 1:40am On Feb 06, 2010
abadaba:

Back to the topic. The Alafin is the most powerful and most influential paramount ruler in the south west. There is no other person to convey this message rather than the great monarch. His remarks counts in Nigeria.

Ooni
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by abadaba(m): 1:46am On Feb 06, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Ooni
The Ooni who betrayed Oladipo Diya during the Abacha regime. His own son whom he is suppose to protect. Nevertherless, the Alafin has been the father of the Yorubas and continues to remain so. The Ooni though a rich man, is like a chief priest of thev Yoruba people.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by aloyemeka2: 2:02am On Feb 06, 2010
abadaba:

The Ooni who betrayed Oladipo Diya during the Abacha regime. His own son whom he is suppose to protect. Nevertherless, the Alafin has been the father of the Yorubas and continues to remain so. The Ooni though a rich man, is like a chief priest of thev Yoruba people.

Oladipo was betrayed by Bamaiyi and not Ooni.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 06, 2010
aloy-emeka:

What kind of man will want a 44 year old woman with 7 children born with 7 baby fathers[literally 14 sha]?. His game is not tight sha.

but you still want him, right ? Tight game or not.

i know men are so scarce these days and i feel your pain and frustration. Bath some more at osun river- your man is on the way unless you're hell bent on having my own.

anyway, yoruba matter no concern you- being a drug pusher and 419 scammer doesnt qualify you to poke your nose in other people's business
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Fhemmmy: 3:02am On Feb 06, 2010
If it took them this long to say something, ofcourse, will make people think that they just dont care.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by mekuszyx: 5:07am On Feb 06, 2010
Whom are they psyching? Bunch of opportunists. They will soon come out with a communique supporting Jonathan now that Dora has set the ball rolling.
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Ikengawo: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2010
i've noticed yoruba ppl historically dont take initiative. they just wait for things to happen then say something, which i think is cowardly.

when muslims are killing christians they dont speak
awolowo even said he'll wait to see what happens at the end of biafra and if biafra wins they'll seperate too. wtf?!
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by naijaking1: 7:43am On Feb 06, 2010
I beg tell those monarchs to be careful sitting on that fence-o, barbwire go cut them nyash cheesy
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by kawazaki(m): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2010
who listens to them anyway?
Re: Yar’adua: Alaafin Of Oyo Explains Yoruba Monarchs’ Silence by Bishopking: 11:57am On Feb 06, 2010
tpia.:

has your man materialized yet or are you waiting for my own?

Man on nairaland? e-man or what? is this tpia ( i assume you are one Tope I heard abt, ) is a , around here!

(1) (Reply)

My Thought On Ibb, Atiku And Buhari Bid And Next Generation Of Northerner / 2011: Saraki May Drop Presidential Bid / Udenwa, Ararume Defect To Acn, As Tinubu, Others Storm Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.