Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,935 members, 7,956,515 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

10 Things You Probably Did In Secondary School - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 10 Things You Probably Did In Secondary School (1410 Views)

8 Nigerian Pidgin Words That You Probably Did Not Know Are Proper English Words / 26 Popular Nigerian Slangs We All Used In Secondary School / 20 Funny But True Moments In Secondary School (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Probably Did In Secondary School by TheBlog: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
One of the most important phase of our education as Nigerians – Secondary school. Not only is it a sort of formative phase where we learn about life, culture, and tradition, it is also the phase where we have the most etching experiences that eventually become the memories we have.

Looking back, it was during our secondary school days we did the most embarrassing things – things that now baffle us and even make us bow our head in shame when we think about it.

From pulling ingenious stunts – such as folding our clothes and keeping under the bed to smoothen it because there is no iron (thanks to the seniors,) to using saliva and eraser to erase ink (biro) and cooking full- meals with the pressing iron and boiling rings, to silly manoeuvres such as padding your shorts – in case you got flogged and many more.

To that note, here are 10 things you probably did in secondary school.

Begging for food unnecessarily
In secondary school, food (no matter how surplus) remained a scarce commodity, and for some reason, food only tasted better when it came from another person’s food flask. People were ready to do and undo for as little as a spoon of rice. In fact, when it came to begging for food, there was no such thing as being a senior prefect anymore. You will find a senior begging for a taste of a junior’s food on visiting day. You also hear students make comments like: “Guy how far now! Let me just take 1 base of your jollof rice abeg.”

Hoarding and being stingy with belongings
For the stingy ones, hiding belongings was a level 5 skill. They will never admit that they have more than one pair of socks or they have an extra pen. Some will have Cornflakes, but will lie and say they don’t have, only to start forming generous when air has entered and softened the flakes. They will soak Indomie under their bunk and wait till after lights out to eat it, just so they don’t share. The ones who know they can be easily bullied form the habit of publicly spitting in their food to stop people from begging them for a piece of it or taking it from them forcefully. The day students were more savage, they will be like “My mom said I cannot share my ruler with anyone, if not she will know and flog me” Really? So she is now God who is omnipresent, abi? When it came to covering their answer sheet as well, they were a star. They took hoarding to another level…hoarding their intellect by refusing to share knowledge or explain something even when it was not a test.

Blaming your fart on someone else
“Jesus! Everybody stand up! Who messed?” *silence* “I said, who spoiled the air?” *silence* “You guys think you are smart, eh? Oya, the smell is from this side… the 3 of you stand up, who among you threw the missile?” “Uncle, It’s not me, but Jide ate beans this afternoon.” And usually, the teacher would believe you…unless Jide denies it and insists someone smells your butts to know who actually did it …then you are fished out.

Writing the names of noise makers but keeping your friends off the list
Everyone who got a chance to write names of noise makers did this. Some would act obedient and keep quiet for weeks just so that the teacher would mark them and ask them to write the names of noise makers, when needed. They would now seize this opportunity to get back at all their haters while protecting the ones that considered friends or fancied. Writing names of noise makers was like sitting on the Iron Throne. The girl that refused to give you plantain chips will be the first on the list with “(X2)” written next to her name. It didn’t matter if your foes are quiet, you will find a reason to include them on the list…and you will make sure you let them know, so they can start begging. “Look at you, you are still breathing loudly, abi? Your name is already on my list”. You’ll probably hear: “Please, cancel it now, please. I will bring chocolate for you tomorrow… please”

Read more on this story via https://www.theblog.com.ng/10-things-probably-secondary-school/

Follow @TheBlogNigeria
www.TheBlog.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Hausa’s Love Cows, Igbo’s Love Money – What Do Yoruba’s Love? / Best Of Funnybros Comedy 2022 / two deaf couples,creating bad signals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.