Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed (2855 Views)

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser / Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Even if the NFF apoints all of them shortlisted, they will all fail. The super eagles at the moment lacks quality players.
Amodu should be reinstated.
Siasia the failure at Egypt last september.
Van gal who could not qualify The Netherlands in 2002 world cup.
Hiddink, good at Chelsea but could not beat Slovenia of all teams.
Taylor, has no experience.
@the NFF, wrong move.
I can not believe anybody will be saying this. Are you not tired of heartbreak?
for your information, every great coach has failed at one time or the other
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by AndreUweh(m): 7:32pm On Feb 06, 2010
psychu:

I can not believe anybody will be saying this. Are you not tired of heartbreak?
for your information, every great coach has failed at one time or the other

The white man Amodu replaced, did he not give Nigerians heartache?. he only reached the quarter finals of nations cup 2 years ago.
Nigerians should know by now that Amodu is not the problem. The problem is: lack of legends at the super eagles. Just tell me one special player at the super eagles?.
I still maintain that Amodu should be reinstated with immediate effect.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The white man Amodu replaced, did he not give Nigerians heartache?. he only reached the quarter finals of nations cup 2 years ago.
Nigerians should know by now that Amodu is not the problem. The problem is: lack of legends at the super eagles. Just tell me one special player at the super eagles?.
I still maintain that Amodu should be reinstated with immediate effect.

Its not white or black issue, everybody knew low voltage was no good. we have legends in the '94/96 team, who made these legends. A good TA will bring out the best in these guys even at the short time and bring forth legends. Greece did not have any superstar before winning the EURO2004
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by honeric01(m): 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2010
psychu:

Am sorry for him too but he is not good enough. SORRY!!

i wanted to curse you, but then it's a free world.

Not good enough abi?

2 worldcup tickets

1 bronze

not good enough abi?

out of all the coaches we have had since after 1994

who has performed or achieved better than Amodu?

he's not the best coach i know, but why not let his contract expire by August before letting him go?

so you think the combination of the 10 best coaches in the world's going to win us the worldcup abi?

what happened to drafting Siasia and keshi to assist Amodu?

wait until we waste money just like 2008.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 12:16am On Feb 07, 2010
honeric01:

i wanted to curse you, but then it's a free world.

Not good enough abi?

2 worldcup tickets

1 bronze

not good enough abi?

out of all the coaches we have had since after 1994

who has performed or achieved better than Amodu?

he's not the best coach i know, but why not let his contract expire by August before letting him go?

so you think the combination of the 10 best coaches in the world's going to win us the worldcup abi?

what happened to drafting Siasia and keshi to assist Amodu?

wait until we waste money just like 2008.

curse me ke? That am saying the truth. OK!

WC is not child's play where group matches can be used to experiment before selecting final 11, you can only do that with ANC playing local African countries with the population of LAGOS.
150million pple and we can not dominate Africa? Brazil will not think twice about Amodu's fate.

, and what made you think Amodu can work with Siasia alone talk-less of Combination with Keshi.
Owing to his arrogance i doubt. which also means you have not even been following what is happening. AMOKACHI is complaining that the guy doesn't even listen to him and you want to combine three people that will never agree on anything. Who will lead? pple are just talking but sit down and think about it, the JOB can only be given to Keshi or SIASIA after the WC to develop a team for the next WC. I prefer SIASIA though
For SA's WC we need a quick-fix!
It is left for the NFF to do the needful (e)/(b)
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by dayo23(f): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
i totally agree with you psychu,Sacking Amodu is the best.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by deb(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
Poor Amodu. Twice qualified Nigeria to world cup.Twice not given the chance to lead nigeria to world cup. Sorry for him.

A point of correction, Mozambique qualified us for this South Africa world cup not Amodu.

And am not sorry for a coach that only takes credit when his team wins and blames the players when he loses.
May be most you guys here do not observe that Amodu's super Eagles only defeated the seemingly average team at the nations cup.
The only two opposition that mattered, Egypt and Ghana, he LOST.
Amodu will still be getting his full salary so why should I feel sorry that a mediocre like him was demoted?
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by semid4lyfe(m): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2010
Psychu, u are a F.O.O.L . . . . .I'm very sure the quick foreign fix you advocate will win us the world cup. . .Opolo oshi!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by semid4lyfe(m): 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
Only a F.O.O.L would say Mozambique and not Amodu qualified us for the world cup. I rest my case and await this super-intelligent and superior white wizard to win us the world cup come June.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by ayusman16(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Only a F.O.O.L would say Mozambique and not Amodu qualified us for the world cup. I rest my case and await this super-intelligent and superior white wizard to win us the world cup come June.

@Semid4lyfe

Thot u would av outgrown this ur stupidity. Must you always insult people becos they don't agree with ur views? This is meant to be a forum to rub minds, argue constructively but with people like you posting rubbish makes one to have a rethink.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Princek12(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2010
All of you guys who said Amodu qualified us for the World Cup should sharap, for Amodu did not qualify us for the World Cup. Tunisia qualified us for the World Cup--and that's my word. That being said, the NFF should have replaced him with Siasia or even John Obu, but that is too logical for those incompetent Alhajis at the Glass House. They consistently make extreme decisions, like either hiring an incompetent fool like Amodu or hiring a white coach, forgetting that many of them are not well knowledgeable about the players in our local leagues.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by honeric01(m): 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2010
@physuc,
You seem to forget one thing, when amodu took this job and was winning, no one called him a stupid coach, he played the first 6 matches without conceding a goal except the owngoal that calamity yobo made, this same good for Nothing yobo still has the gut to blame Amodu for the loss to ghana.

martins & osaze were among the people that made us lose to ghana, all of these players should shut up because 80% of them were the cause of our downfall, though they were picked by Amodu but who wouldn't have picked most of them knowing well that the nff always force players on any local coach that handles the SE.

Back to the topic, if they knew Amodu was not good enough for the worldcup, why didn't they employ their white god at the start of the qualifers? Is it because they think Amodu is only good at winning the worldcup ticket or what? those saying Amodu didn't win us the worldcup cup ticket should just shut up, did tunisia or mozambique add their own points to our own? Did they decide not to play well just to help us qualify? What did they do actually that we should credit any of them with the ticket? So does it mean they don't want to be at the worldcup or what? Betterstill, did mozambique say they didn't want to go to the nations cup? I just don't get it, how did these countries win us the ticket?

Back to 2002 when Amodu won us the ticket, who then should we say won the ticket for us? Togo or madagascar? Or maybe it was england that won us the ticket? Was it also luck that won us the ticket twice under Amodu?

Amodu is not good, yet he got to the semi-final among other white coaches with younger and more committed players playing for these countries.

The only fault I would fault Amodu for is why he believed in these set of backstabbers he picked to play for him and for not believing in the league that produced him, I bet you all, if Amodu had picked home based players mixed with the few loyal foreign ones, he would have gotten to the final or probably win the afcon.

One more thing, for those saying Amodu didn't listen to amokachi should tell me what amokachi knows about coaching, this same amokachi that didn't achieve anything with nassarawa utd when he was their coach is now saying rubbish just because he saw the hammer coming and is trying to remove himself from the blames. I still have the feelings that Amodu was frustrated by the crooks in the nff, those that didn't want him there, they must have ganged up to suggest amokachi as Amodu's assistant just because lulu liked Amodu and they didn't.

Anyways, now that he's gone, let me see your white god winning the worldcup for you ungrateful sex starved frustrated nigerians trying to put the blame of your life and country's general failures on Amodu just because he's black.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by montelik(m): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
But on a more serious note, we have a problem with ungratefulness and bad decision making. We fired Philippe Troussier after he qualified us for the world cup in 98 and had a stellar record with the national team. Why? Because he was playing a different formation (often 3-5-2) to the one traditionally used by the super eagles. It didn't matter that he was getting results and performing very well. Our arm chair critics and coaches (who all know more than the coach) constantly attacked him and labeled him arrogant for sticking to his methods. Then after Jo Bonfere almost messed up our qualification for the world cup in 2002 and then walked out on us, Amodu came on and won the ticket when nobody thought it was possible. But after a not too great nation cup outing, he was promptly fired and the team that won us qualification disbanded. Some of our older more trusted servants (e.g Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George e.t.c) were unceremoniously dumped after years of service. All in the name of Onigbinde building a new team of young and home-based players. We all saw the wonderful results of that. Now we have unceremoniously dumped Amodu again after qualifying for the world cup in SA. It doesn't matter that he met his targets, he must go, he isn't good enough, he is arrogant, he is not tactically sound. We are going to world cup again to build another team of youngsters and home-based super eagles. Sounds exactly like the fruitless exercise we tried in Japan/Korea 2002. When will we learn. Some of us are just down right wicked, ungrateful and unreasonable.
sad
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by semid4lyfe(m): 12:11am On Feb 08, 2010
ayusman16:

@Semid4lyfe

Thot u would av outgrown this your stupidity. Must you always insult people becos they don't agree with your views? This is meant to be a forum to rub minds, argue constructively but with people like you posting rubbish makes one to have a rethink.
And who the f.cuck are you? Are you that desperate to associate with me albeit online? You can have a rethink for all I care. Try enter market buy yourself brain, so gbo? F.O.O.Lish he-goat! All these morons that I encounter on Nairaland sef. T.F.U!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2010
^^ so violent
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by deb(m): 12:46am On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Psychu, u are a F.O.O.L . . . . .I'm very sure the quick foreign fix you advocate will win us the world cup. . .Opolo oshi!

semid4lyfe:

Only a F.O.O.L would say Mozambique and not Amodu  qualified us for the world cup. I rest my case and await this super-intelligent and superior white wizard to win us the world cup come June.

Must you always expose yourself? Older Nairalanders know that you are mentally retarded why show it to the newer ones.
I understand that madness runs in your blood, maybe it runs in your family, but must you show it? 

Back to discussing soccer.
To those of you who think that we are expecting a white wizard to come and do magic, I will say that you are wrong. All we want is good football
that translate to victories and a descent outing at the world cup and subsequently have him build the Super Eagles to an enviable status like 1994. Surely that will require time to do, but that is also where we hoped that NFF's Sanni Lulu should have sunk with Amodu
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by semid4lyfe(m): 12:59am On Feb 08, 2010
Go Fcuck yourself jare. Your silly mouth like Mozambique qualified us for the World cup.  That singular statement indicates you know nothing about footie. . . . .I'm done trying to drum sense into your head. . .F.O.O.L! Like I said, T.F.U.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Nnekie(f): 3:41am On Feb 08, 2010
Arguments aside, at the end of the day Amodu is gone, THANK YOU JESUS, thanks and good luck to him
Give us Hiddink!!!!!
Whether he succeeds or not, he is definitely worth a try, never thought i would be in tears when SE play mediocre teams, but over the last few years we have been really really struggling, na the nation's prayers NOT Amodu or SE that have gotten the team bronze medals or World cup qualifications
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by ayusman16(m): 6:43am On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Go Fcuck yourself jare. Your silly mouth like Mozambique qualified us for the World cup.  That singular statement indicates you know nothing about footie. . . . .I'm done trying to drum sense into your head. . .F.O.O.L! Like I said, T.F.U.

I suspected long ago that you are just a retarded untamed fool but all efforts to make you reason and make sense with your posts prove abortive. All hope is lost my guy. Go jump into a well!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ikhilor(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2010
To those of you who think that we are expecting a white wizard to come and do magic, I will say that you are wrong. All we want is good football
that translate to victories and a descent outing at the world cup and subsequently have him build the Super Eagles to an enviable status like 1994. Surely that will require time to do, but that is also where we hoped that NFF's Sanni Lulu should have sunk with Amodu[quote][/quote]

Oh you are ready to give a white wizard all the time in the world but not ready to give a fellow Nigerian the same treatment,hmm.
This can be classified as unbelievable attitude from some black people,why should you not stand for any white witch doctor(mercenary) winning us the wc but you and your likes refuse to give Amodu same treatment, even if he deserves it,acting like chameleons won,t take us anywhere.We await that mercenary who,s coming to win the wc because apparently, that,s the reason they sacked Amodu,they want someone who,ll at least get to the semi finals of the wc,we are waiting. The amount of tribalism and injustices committed will one day finally put the nails in the coffin called Nigeria.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ikhilor(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2010
that translate to victories and a descent outing at the world cup and subsequently have him build the Super Eagles to an enviable status like 1994. Surely that will require time to do, but that is also where we hoped that NFF's Sanni Lulu should have sunk with Amodu
[/quote][quote]

Oh you are ready to give a white wizard all the time in the world but not ready to give a fellow Nigerian the same treatment,hmm.
This can be classified as unbelievable attitude from some black people,why should you not stand for any white witch doctor(mercenary) winning us the wc but you and your likes refuse to give Amodu same treatment, even if he deserves it,acting like chameleons won,t take us anywhere.We await that mercenary who,s coming to win the wc because apparently, that,s the reason they sacked Amodu,they want someone who,ll at least get to the semi finals of the wc,we are waiting. The amount of tribalism and injustices committed  will one day finally put the nails in the coffin called Nigeria.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by deb(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
This can be classified as unbelievable attitude from some black people,why should you not stand for any white witch doctor(mercenary) winning us the wc but you and your likes refuse to give Amodu same treatment, even if he deserves it,acting like chameleons won,t take us anywhere.We await that mercenary who,s coming to win the wc because apparently, that,s the reason they sacked Amodu,they want someone who,ll at least get to the semi finals of the wc,we are waiting. The amount of tribalism and injustices committed  will one day finally put the nails in the coffin called Nigeria.

Dude, you are not getting it. Its not about just employing any white skined color man, it is about employing the best because only the best is
good enough for you and me and Amodu is simply not the best. I have clamoured for Siasia severally on this same forum is he also white?
It doesn't matter the color as long as the coach we employ is the best that we can have. Like I stated earlier, Amodu is definitely not the best in my own accessment because he is too poor tactically, he is just a lucky bastard, no apologies to his fans, and there is only a little luck can do for you
that was why we couldn't win the nation's cup. You can bite me for my opinion but I have a right to it!

And please learn to preview before you post. And always insert you comment between the quotation blocks e.g [ ] your comment [/]
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ikhilor(m): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2010
[/quote]Dude, you are not getting it. Its not about just employing any white skined color man, it is about employing the best because only the best is
good enough for you and me and Amodu is simply not the best. I have clamoured for Siasia severally on this same forum is he also white?
It doesn't matter the color as long as the coach we employ is the best that we can have. Like I stated earlier, Amodu is definitely not the best in my own accessment because he is too poor tactically, he is just a lucky naughty person, no apologies to his fans, and there is only a little luck can do for you
that was why we couldn't win the nation's cup. You can bite me for my opinion but I have a right to it![quote]

Dude, from what I understood you said nobody is saying a white technical adviser is going to win us the wc, is that not the reason someone who qualified the team is being booted out barely 4 months to the wc? Those that don,t want to see Amodu sit on our bench before the world are very ok with a foreign mercenary being given the glory he never deserved since this likely person did,nt qualify the team.What,s wrong with respecting a contract that ends only in a couple of months time? Most importantly, why would,nt we give Amodu and a consortium of local coaches a great opportunity to learn on their trade with wc participation? So much questions bordering my mind, we should learn to live life one step at a time and most importantly, let our people learn from their mistakes to be able to get it right.Even mourinho, ferguson put together is still not a guarantee we,ll win the wc, so what,s the aim derailing a very important opportunity for Nigerian coaches to learn about their trade? We should support and push our people for no one else will do that for us.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by honeric01(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2010
@deb and co

There's no good or best coach jobless as at present, no good coach is going to be jobless now, any jobless coach right how's no good coach, quote me.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Am sorry for the children you (will) father. why can't U just contribute to the topic or better still stay away from the thread. You think you are creating an online image but in the real sense-you are harming urself.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by ayusman16(m): 5:45am On Feb 09, 2010
it is very easy 2 notice some nldrs lack d basics of life. ppl like semid4lyfe need 2 b prayed 4.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by honeric01(m): 11:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
Amodu don suffer, even people wey no reach him pikin age mate just dey insult am anyhow, anyways, na their papa dem dey insult.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 9:19am On Feb 10, 2010
Another has been added (g) Giovanni Trapattoni

I wonder if those NFF guys have contacted any of these mentioned TA's
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by MrCrackles(m): 9:21am On Feb 10, 2010
ayusman16:

it is very easy 2 notice some nldrs lack d basics of life. ppl like semid4lyfe need 2 b prayed 4.
The vagabond needs it ASAP to be honest. . .
I have seen a few of his posts and i must say, he's 15 planets far away from common sense. . .
What a cu/nt LovePeddler. . . .A flipping tosser who deserves to be beat down seriously with a pestle. . . .
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by semid4lyfe(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2010
Lol. . . .still smarting from what I said right?. . .over 19,000 posts of idiosyncratic rubbish, LWKMD! Sorry ehn, but it's the bitter truth. . . . .don't worry, so gbo? E neva too late for you. . . .try see the shrink I advised you to. . .F.O.O.L!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by honeric01(m): 11:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
@semi

lol, abeg small small grin grin
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by semid4lyfe(m): 11:58pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ok. . .I don hear. . .but you sef know sey wetin I talk about am na FACT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Why His Body Has no tatoo! With pictures / How DJ Cuppy Will Serve Anthony Joshua This Night / Arrested During A Game Of Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.