Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. (1974 Views)

MC Oluomo In US For Son’s Graduation (Photos) / Victoria Fayose Celebrates Her Birthday, Seen With Donald Trump Lookalike In US / Abubakar Malami Attends His Son's Graduation Ceremony In Cyprus. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Delerichard(m): 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Fayose: Children of public office holders should attend schools in Nigeria

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has said that all his children are products of Nigerian Universities, urging public office holders to endeavour to send their children to schools in the country.

Governor Fayose, who was at Covenant University, Ota in Ogun State to witness the graduation ceremony of one of his sons, Ayorogbayimika Fayose, told journalists that there was no reason children of public office holders should study in universities outside Nigeria, except in cases where courses interested in were not offered in Nigerian universities.

According to the governor’s Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said; “We talk and do. Whatever we say is what we practice. Apart from the fact that none of children attended schools abroad, I have never travelled out of the country for Medicare.

He said; Even though views of people like us might not be popular among the powers that be because we say the truth and act the truth, we won’t stop telling them what they do not like to hear and one of such is that the only way to improve the standard of education in the country is for children of holders of public office to experience what children of ordinary Nigerians are experiencing in schools in the country.

“During my first tenure as governor, I took my son from a private school and enrolled him in SUBEB Model Primary School in Ado Ekiti.

“Today again, I am here to witness the graduation of my son and I make bold to say here that none of my children attended tertiary institution outside Nigeria.

“That should be the spirit not a situation where someone is the minister of education in Nigeria and his children are schooling abroad. And by enforcing this too, we will be saving Nigeria a lot of foreign exchange being wasted on medical and academic tourism,” the governor said.

While condemning what he described as the hypocrisy of some Nigerian leaders, especially those in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Governor Fayose said; “Even children of President Muhammadu Buhari that they told us lived a modest life attended universities abroad. Shouldn’t President Buhari have lived by example by enrolling his children in universities in Nigeria?”

While reiterating his commitment to the uplift of education in Ekiti State, Governor Fayose said; “We are after quality education and we want to maintain our position as leaders in the education sector. We are first in NECO examinations and we are among the best in WAEC and the only industry in Ekiti State is education and we can’t afford to let it depreciate.”

The governor also called on parents, corporate bodies and others to support the government in the task of improving the standard of education in the state.

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by YOUNGrapha(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
IN PRESENT DAY NIGERIA'S POLITICS

THERE'S NONE HONEST/STRAIGHT FORWARD LIKE

#AYODELE PETER NWABUCHI BABANGIDA FAYOSE#

9 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by tuscani: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Who can fault this man, nobody, simply leading by example

9 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Erudite202: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
why not EKSU?

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by millhouse: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
While Lia Mohammed that is banning Nigerians from shooting videos abroad, none I repeat none of his children are schooling in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by timiekay: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Erudite202:
why not EKSU?

Abi o
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by CeterisXVII: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
tuscani:
The boy looks like his father, true-true!

3 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Erudite202:
why not EKSU?
the boy for still dey 200l by now

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Homeboiy: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Whether he schooled in abroad or naija
automatic job is awaiting him

No way he will ever go poor in life

Fayose ugwuoke ,Daru le ka

4 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Ever8054: 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
after graduating from one of the best university in Nigeria..

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by jumobi1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
I'm impressed.
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by surgical: 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Erudite202:
why not EKSU?
I thought you will say the usual like ponmo cutting, not developing his state, talk too much e.t.c to derail the talk which is walking the talk. This you cant find even one person in fayose opponent to fit in .

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by IJOBA2: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
AFONJA MUSLIMS WILL AVOID THIS THREAD
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by chiscodedon(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
where illiterate like buhari wey no even go school dey send en pikin abroad

1 Like

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by richard69(m): 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Scam, in 2013 when he entered 100 level you didn't even know you'll come back as a governor. You were broke then.
Delerichard:
Fayose: Children of public office holders should attend schools in Nigeria

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has said that all his children are products of Nigerian Universities, urging public office holders to endeavour to send their children to schools in the country.

Governor Fayose, who was at Covenant University, Ota in Ogun State to witness the graduation ceremony of one of his sons, Ayorogbayimika Fayose, told journalists that there was no reason children of public office holders should study in universities outside Nigeria, except in cases where courses interested in were not offered in Nigerian universities.

According to the governor’s Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said; “We talk and do. Whatever we say is what we practice. Apart from the fact that none of children attended schools abroad, I have never travelled out of the country for Medicare.

He said; Even though views of people like us might not be popular among the powers that be because we say the truth and act the truth, we won’t stop telling them what they do not like to hear and one of such is that the only way to improve the standard of education in the country is for children of holders of public office to experience what children of ordinary Nigerians are experiencing in schools in the country.

“During my first tenure as governor, I took my son from a private school and enrolled him in SUBEB Model Primary School in Ado Ekiti.

“Today again, I am here to witness the graduation of my son and I make bold to say here that none of my children attended tertiary institution outside Nigeria.

“That should be the spirit not a situation where someone is the minister of education in Nigeria and his children are schooling abroad. And by enforcing this too, we will be saving Nigeria a lot of foreign exchange being wasted on medical and academic tourism,” the governor said.

While condemning what he described as the hypocrisy of some Nigerian leaders, especially those in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Governor Fayose said; “Even children of President Muhammadu Buhari that they told us lived a modest life attended universities abroad. Shouldn’t President Buhari have lived by example by enrolling his children in universities in Nigeria?”

While reiterating his commitment to the uplift of education in Ekiti State, Governor Fayose said; “We are after quality education and we want to maintain our position as leaders in the education sector. We are first in NECO examinations and we are among the best in WAEC and the only industry in Ekiti State is education and we can’t afford to let it depreciate.”

The governor also called on parents, corporate bodies and others to support the government in the task of improving the standard of education in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 22, 2017
Erudite202:
why not EKSU?
I think the fact that the son graduated from a Nigerian university is quite commendable, first top politician I have seen doing the in recent time.

1 Like

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by NaijaEfcc: 1:44am On Jul 22, 2017
Mynd44 lalasticlala come and see chomchin
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by LoveMachine(m): 4:03am On Jul 22, 2017
This I can respect.
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Blaqruby(f): 4:05am On Jul 22, 2017
As much as I dislike his style of gov, I must admit that the guy is a true patriot. Ordinary councillor in my area has all his children schooling abroad.

1 Like

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Misterdhee1(m): 6:30am On Jul 22, 2017
You try. But EKSU and UNIOYE dey there naw. Or better still why not enroll him in Lautech. Coz the last time i checked an average Ekiti Civil servant can't afford even half of Covenant's tuition fees. But as always, he doles out his food for the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Misterdhee1(m): 6:35am On Jul 22, 2017
Blaqruby:
As much as I dislike his style of gov, I must admit that the guy is a true patriot. Ordinary councillor in my area has all his children schooling abroad.
The man got into power in 2014. His son most likely got in in 2013. Fayose was probably very broke as at then.. No be hin sister dey news the other for graduating from a UK university The man has his good sides, but he talks too much..
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by pelumi111: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2017
Fayose you do well..... elp me ask those asking fayose that what of EKSU and the rest that where is their governor, local government commissioner pikin dey school..... like say Private no dey pay tax
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 22, 2017
Mr. governor, pipe down on the praise you are showering yourself with. What you did is not totally different from what your colleagues in power all over the country are doing. From what I have gathered from a few friends who have been to some of those private unis,those places are way more cosy and conducive than their public counterparts. Infact,I know for a fact that their academic calenders don't suffer from the scourge of ASUU strike like those of public universities. No shortage of water,no bed bug infested beds. Let's face the truth he really didn't do any thing different asides the fact that his son was within the countries borders. When the son of the governor of Lagos begins to attend LASU <pipe dream> or that of Ekiti attends EKSU then I will begin to see their seriousness. For now,all rubbish. And I mean all.
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2017
Mr. governor, pipe down on the praise you are showering yourself with. What you did is not totally different from what your colleagues in power all over the country are doing. From what I have gathered from a few friends who have been to some of those private unis,those places are way more cosy and conducive than their public counterparts. Infact,I know for a fact that their academic calenders don't suffer from the scourge of ASUU strike like those of public universities. No shortage of water,no bed bug infested beds. Let's face the truth he really didn't do any thing different asides the fact that his son was within the countries borders. When the son of the governor of Lagos begins to attend LASU <pipe dream> or that of Ekiti attends EKSU then I will begin to see their seriousness. For now,all rubbish. And I mean all. And I am quite disappointed with the sort of comments we have here.
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by emmasege: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2017
tuscani:
Even the so called Mr. Integrity (Bubu) does not measure up to Fayose. If I'm not mistaking, Bubu and Aisha's children all schooled in the UK and the endangered man patronises foreign hospitals, despite condemning such and banning other public officials.

Fayose may not be a saint (as none is) but I'll always give it to him rather than a chief liar like Buhari. Only zombies could reason otherwise.
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by tuscani: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2017
emmasege:
Even the so called Mr. Integrity (Bubu) does not measure up to Fayose. If I'm not mistaking, Bubu and Aisha's children all schooled in the UK and the endangered man patronises foreign hospitals, despite condemning such and banning other public officials.

Fayose may not be a saint (as none is) but I'll always give it to him rather than a chief liar like Buhari. Only zombies could reason otherwise.
gbam. You captured it all
Re: Gov.fayose Celebrates Son Graduation,says Nigerian University Can Be The Best. by CeterisXVII: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
richard69:
Scam, in 2013 when he entered 100 level you didn't even know you'll come back as a governor. You were broke then.
Misterdhee1:
The man got into power in 2014. His son most likely got in in 2013. Fayose was probably very broke as at then.. No be hin sister dey news the other for graduating from a UK university The man has his good sides, but he talks too much..
He could still have withdrawn his son from CU in 2014, and sent him abroad to a foreign university to complete his studies. But he didn't. At least, give him some credit for this.

(1) (Reply)

APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 / Full List Of APC Candidates Who Lost Their Positions / If You Catch Any Terrorist, Kill Him – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.