Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,942 members, 7,838,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here (964 Views)

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by AjanleKoko: 12:17am On Feb 06, 2010
Let's step back a little from the 'same of the same'.
This is a thread for the rockers. From the Beatles to the Stones, Bob Marley to the Bee Gees, Pink Floyd to Velvet Revolver, even the hard core fans of Metallica and The Killers. Everyone's invited.
In case you don't know, Black Music's two most popular dead icons, Bob Marley and MJ, were heavily influenced by rock. Bob is a hall of famer, in fact.
So let's hear from you. Who are you best rock bands?
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by NobiGod: 11:24am On Feb 06, 2010
As the baby of the house I grew up listening to Abba, Beegees, Bob Marley, MJ, Tempatation, Ofege, Rex jim Lawson, Kenny Rogers etc. It affected me when I left home and living alone with peers in campus, they usually find me odd not liking hiphop and the likes. Anyway I adjusted after some effort and I now appreciate any good song. Right now am into soft Rock,  I love Greenday, HIM, Michael Buble not a rocker tho and india Arie alternative songs etc.
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Azanor(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
Oh rock music! Where do i start. Linkin park, avenged sevenfold, greenday, skillet, demon hunters, metallica, breaking benjamin, apocalyptica, lacuna coil, in this moment, rise against, audioslave, bullet for my valentine, disturbed, static-x, my chemical romance, , I could go on for days. What trips me the most about rock music is the complexity of the instruments involved. U listen to some guitar solos and u start wondering if it was a human being that played it. Rock music for life
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
I pretty much adore every genre mentioned on your list smiley
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by semid4lyfe(m): 12:45am On Feb 24, 2010
Me, I be asawo. . . .na everything I dey listen to
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
To Name A Few: (Bolded Especially) smiley

Evermore
Alexisonfire
Flyleaf
Underoath
Saosin
Silverstein
The Hoosiers
Head Automatica
Panic! At The Disco
Breaking Benjamin
Kate Bush (LOVE HER, SHE'S SUPERB)
Amy Macdonald
Band Of Horses

Bloc Party
The Used
Test Icicles
Bjork
Clutch
Cursive
Death Cab for Cutie
Marina & The Diamonds
Ellie Goulding

Elefant
Emery
Fleet Foxes
Foals

Kasabian
Kings Of Leon
Klaxons
Ladyhawke
The Like
Late Of The Pier

Linkin Park
Metric
Muse
Nouvelle Vague
Paolo Nutini
The Pierces
Paramore
Radiohead

Razorlight
Red Roc
Senses Fail
Story Of The Year
Sugarcult

The Stranglers
Tegan & Sara
Thom Yorke
Three Days Grace
Uh Huh Her

The White Stripes
Yoko Kanno
Young Love
The Seatbelts
The Kooks
Avenged Sevenfold
Lacuna Coil
Enter Shikari
S[i]e[/i]x Pistols
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by eldee(m): 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
@Ib
You really know your rock music jare.
I saw a thread like this the other day and people were mentioning Linkin Park and Jonas Brothers grin grin

BTW
Where's AC/DC on that list??
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2010
eldee:

@Ib
You really know your rock music jare.
I saw a thread like this the other day and people were mentioning Linkin Park and Jonas Brothers grin grin

BTW
Where's AC/DC on that list??
LOL @ Jonas Brothers, I like their song, 'Burning Up' cheesy

AC/DC? Not as crazy about them though I do like a few of their tracks cheesy
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by MrCrackles(m): 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2010
IBK are you mad?
Must you lift every name on my website angry
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by eldee(m): 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
ibkaye:

LOL @ Jonas Brothers, I like their song, 'Burning Up' cheesy

AC/DC? Not as crazy about them though I do like a few of their tracks cheesy
C'mon, they're so gay pop music, the should merge with Westlife.

I'm sure you're a closet fan of Miley Cyrus too cheesy cheesy
MrCrackles:

IBK are you mad?
Hehehe . . . grin grin grin
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
MrCrackles:

IBK are you mad?
Oh please cheesy

eldee:

C'mon, they're so gay pop music, the should merge with Westlife.

I'm sure you're a closet fan of Miley Cyrus too cheesy :DHehehe . . . grin grin grin

Urgh, westlife lipsrsealed

Lol, Miley Cyrus huh? I like a few of her songs too cheesy
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by chic2pimp(m): 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Let's step back a little from the 'same of the same'.
This is a thread for the rockers. From the Beatles to the Stones, Bob Marley to the Bee Gees, Pink Floyd to Velvet Revolver, even the hard core fans of Metallica and The Killers. Everyone's invited.
In case you don't know, Black Music's two most popular dead icons, Bob Marley and MJ, were heavily influenced by rock. Bob is a hall of famer, in fact.
So let's hear from you. Who are you best rock bands?
DUH!!!!! undecided
That's cuz Rock music has it's origin in Black Music.

@ Post
I like Coldplay
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
chic2pimp:

DUH!!!!! undecided
That's cuz Rock music has it's origin in Black Music.

@ Post
I like Coldplay

Oh yeah, how could I forget, I was in love with them a few years back, in total awe I tell you
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by chic2pimp(m): 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
ibkaye:

Oh yeah, how could I forget, I was in love with them a few years back, in total awe I tell you
wink
Chris Martin's voice is sick
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
chic2pimp:

wink
Shmexshy wink
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Genuflect(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
I'm not all out rock o but there are some rock groups I really like
Placebo
R.E.M
Coldplay
RadioHead
Limp Bizkit
The Killers
Bush
Dandy Warhols
The Cure
Linkin Park
AFI
Foo Fighters
The White Stripes
P.O.D
Metallica
Seether
Evanescence
Nickelback
Massive Attack
Omo, dem plenty gan. I can't name them all
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by chic2pimp(m): 10:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
^^^^^^ And you say you aren't really into rock. Okay ooo undecided

ibkaye:

Shmexshy wink
Just like moi smiley
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by eldee(m): 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
ibkaye:

Lol, Miley Cyrus huh? I like a few of her songs too cheesy

Yeah right . . . you probably have her posters on your wall next to that life-size poster of moi. grin grin grin

chic2pimp:

wink

I watched em perform with Jay-Z this summer. . . Fix You is the best ballad ever.
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
Genuflect:

I'm not all out rock o but there are some rock groups I really like
Placebo
R.E.M
Coldplay
RadioHead
Limp Bizkit
The Killers
Bush
Dandy Warhols
The Cure
Linkin Park
AFI
Foo Fighters
The White Stripes
P.O.D
Metallica
Seether
Evanescence
Nickelback
Massive Attack
Omo, dem plenty gan. I can't name them all
woo smiley

eldee:

Yeah right . . . you probably have her posters on your wall next to that life-size poster of moi. grin grin grin
How did you know? tongue
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by chic2pimp(m): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
eldee:

I watched em perform with Jay-Z this summer. . . Fix You is the best ballad ever.
That's my favourite Cold play's song.
I've got that song on my IPod.
Also love 'Yellow'
Re: Fans Of Rock! Indie, Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative, Etc, Here by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
I believe I forgot to slot in the lovely Jannelle Monae, she leans towards indie rock, soul and dance-punk, plus she's adorable smiley

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Dagrin Referring To? / Sincere Ft Timbaland-party: Can Anyone Help Me With It Please? / Darey Aka Dare Art Alade nu singles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.