Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Green Card Marriage. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Green Card Marriage. (3034 Views)

Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? / Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? / If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
skarlett:
Technically, the guys are more guilty of this than the ladies.
skarlett:
Technically, the guys are more guilty of this than the ladies.

When you say guilty I get confused...please explain the crime.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
lefulefu:

have u watched dat movie 30 days in atlanta starred by ramsey nouah and ay grin
u know see the way Vivica A .Fox come dey treat her naija husband grin
and this was a man forming strict african traditionalist grin back in naija.when he marry yankee wife the bros come dey form humble dey cook for her grin.there is power in the green card wich makes ppl do the impossble grin.

Nope ....it's called adjusting to a new way of life.

In Nigeria most guys are used to that African mentality where you believe certain stuffs are manly while ladies are meant to do certain things but it's not that way .....

You must learn to babysit if you are available and you will learn how to do certain domestic tasks that you would never imagine if you are in Nigeria....

This has nothing to do with green card...it's all about adjusting to another world with different ways of life.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Toks2008:

Nope ....it's called adjusting to a new way of life.

In Nigeria most guys are used to that African mentality where you believe certain stuffs are manly while ladies are meant to do certain things but it's not that way .....

You must learn to babysit if you are available and you will learn how to do certain domestic tasks that you would never imagine if you are in Nigeria....

This has nothing to do with green card...it's all about adjusting to another world with different ways of life.
lol toks u have different explanation to every question cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
lefulefu:
lol toks u have different explanation to every question cheesy cheesy cheesy
Maybe its a sign of intelligence and smartness.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
MissRaine69:

Pray do tell ( aside from love which is not the case in the many instances I have seen)
You seem well versed with the subject matter.

Lol!
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Toks2008:

Maybe its a sign of intelligence and smartness.
so what of those naija guys after getting settled in europe and america now dump their old oyibo wives for younger women.is it that they fell out of love?
or what of those with an oyibo wife in the west and a nigerian wife with kids back in nigeria cheesy
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
lefulefu:

so what of those naija guys after getting settled in europe and america now dump their old oyibo wives for younger women.is it that they fell out of love?
or what of those with an oyibo wife in the west and a nigerian wife with kids back in nigeria cheesy

If you carefully read that piece you will understand that marriages do fail whether it is interracial or indigenous so failure of an interracial marriage is not always about the guy or lady who is a beneficiary of a permanent residence permit.

I also stated clearly that some marriages are dead on arrival yet the parties involved might just overlook it.

For instance a 60year old Yankee man getting married to a 23year old Naija babe already knew that it might not be love but the thought that he will enjoy the freshness of a 23year old lady even for a year is worth the marriage and the lady in question is ready to cope with the old man for a better life and i think this is a mutually benefitting union so what is the fraud here? As I also stated, it is also possible that the lady might just fall in love with that man and live happily ever.

How is this different from the regular marriage where people get married for x reason?

My point is that if a yankee couple divorces after say 3,years of marriage the world will say its just OK but if it is an interracial marriage between a Yankee citizen and say a naija citizen then it is automatically tagged scam marriage....is this not just sickening?
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 24, 2017
Toks2008:

If you carefully read that piece you will understand that marriages do fail whether it is interracial or indigenous so failure of an interracial marriage is not always about the guy or lady who is a beneficiary of a permanent residence permit.

I also stated clearly that some marriages are dead on arrival yet the parties involved might just overlook it.

For instance a 60year old Yankee man getting married to a 23year old Naija babe already knew that it might not be love but the thought that he will enjoy the freshness of a 23year old lady even for a year is worth the marriage and the lady in question is ready to cope with the old man for a better life and i think this is a mutually benefitting union so what is the fraud here? As I also stated, it is also possible that the lady might just fall in love with that man and live happily ever.

How is this different from the regular marriage where people get married for x reason?

My point is that if a yankee couple divorces after say 3,years of marriage the world will say its just OK but if it is an interracial marriage between a Yankee citizen and say a naija citizen then it is automatically tagged scam marriage....is this not just sickening?

i very much get ur point its just that many of these much older white women when they get dumped by their younger nigerian husbands or boyfriends u see them running to social media to vent on how they got duped into a scam marriage,how they will never trust nigerians,how they now hate nigerians cos of the scam marriage etc.u hardly see an old white man complaining of such cos a man can handle his own.if an older white man gets dumped by a young asian girl or african girli in a scam marriage he doesnt go to social media making sweeping statements about a group of ppl.he accepts it as it is.so this is why ppl will talk..to caution these older women...but not dat they will listen though cheesy.the young african guy needs the stability hence the marriage to the older woman....and the older woman needs the sex and the vigor of youth frm the young man...though she had claim being the victim.its a marriage of business and not a marriage of love.if these guys really love their old oyibo wives then why come secretly to nigeria to marry a young nigerian lady cheesy.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2017
lefulefu:

i very much get ur point its just that many of these much older white women when they get dumped by their younger nigerian husbands or boyfriends u see them running to social media to vent on how they got duped into a scam marriage,how they will never trust nigerians,how they now hate nigerians cos of the scam marriage etc.u hardly see an old white man complaining of such cos a man can handle his own.if an older white man gets dumped by a young asian girl or african girli in a scam marriage he doesnt go to social media making sweeping statements about a group of ppl.he accepts it as it is.so this is why ppl will talk..to caution these older women...but not dat they will listen though cheesy.the young african guy needs the stability hence the marriage to the older woman....and the older woman needs the sex and the vigor of youth frm the young man...though she had claim being the victim.its a marriage of business and not a marriage of love.if these guys really love their old oyibo wives then why come secretly to nigeria to marry a young nigerian lady cheesy.

Exactly my point...the only scam marriage is the one both party knew before marriage ever took place....the outcome og every other marriage both indigenous or interracial is subject to the way the parties relate with each other.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2018
In my own opinion, people married for so many reasons either for cash, visa and etc, my point is that if people get married and stay loyal to each other then is fine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Device That Can Check When A Woman Had Sex Has Sex Discovered / Man Suffers Throat Injury While Performing MouthAction With Gay Partner (pics) / This Guy Almost Beat Me To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.