Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,025 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (5411 Views)

Nigeria Sack Coach Keshi For Lack Of Commitment / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Coach Shaibu Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Gayigaskia(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2010
This is a good news if they replace him not with oyinbo coach,  but with someone like Siasia who knows almost all the young boys available and capable of replacing the( grandpa) that we currently have in the Eagles. A foreign coach will most likely rely on the advises of certain people in NFF for their team selection specially when we only have 4 months to the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2010
cescjay:

@illusion2,if they play the way they played at the NC there is no way 9ja will pass the 1st round.thats why amodu should go 4 a start,there is no improvement in the team.they get worse as the days go by.
dont mind that illusion of a human being supporting that loser the same way onigbinde rubbished us in 2004 world cup
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by mrofficial(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2010
felifeli:

Bad roads, no electricity, no water, no jobs, no government,
and yet all people can think of is how to employ foreign coach for silly football  sad

World's Happiest Countries: 1. Nigeria 2. Mexico 3. Venezuela

Are you ok? make we no talk again?

Na today u dey see roads wey bad?
Na today road don bad?
Na today electricity don bad?
Na today water no dey?
Na today your shoe don begin chop on top job?
Na today the government don rot?

We never shout enough? We no get action.

So fi le be. If you can't beat them, follow them.

Joor ooo, emi o le fi crayon kun ile ooo.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Mustay(m): 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2010
Niagrans will never be satisfied with any decision as long as we have a flawed system.

I don't care if any ojuju comes here to chop our naira or dollar, but it just doesn't make sense not investing in our coaches. Of what benefit will a foreigner be if ours won't gain from him?

NFF reiterated that Amodu remains the CHIEF COACH and whoever comes in is a TECHNICAL ADVISER - talk of semantics.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by iceland(m): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2010
That is where he belongs anyway.

Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by ace76: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2010
This is a wild goose chase cos I still wouldn't know the miracle any white man or a new handler is going to perform. The problem with Nigerians and NFF is that we are always in a hurry to get result and I'm wondering how this would happen when the coach does not have a long period of time to make mistakes, learn from it, groom the team, organises friendly matches and we are expecting a magic.

Can we cast our minds back and have a retrospective look into the number of years it took Westahof to gamble with our National Team b4 gettin result.

We should be conscious of the fact that the so-called NFF officials are not showing any commitment as far as football is concerned in Nija, they're only after the coins and personal gains they are to derive in recruiting a foreign coach who do not even understand our terrain/boys.

Amodu should just keep given his best cos Yemi Tella (RIP)that won a cup and later died is no more in their  memories but I know that every person that is ruling this nation for personal gains will never live to enjoy such fraudulently gathered wealth AMEN!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by symbolic: 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2010
Already creating excuses for failure at the world cup. The new coach will definitely take up the job, "chop" the dollars for some months and when we we crash out of the world cup he will simply say there wasn't enough time to prepare. Whoever the coach is, he can never get the team together untill their leagues are over.

Why this decision now? Does it mean a local coach can not lead us to the world cup. I prefer Amodu, Siasia or Eguavon to chop the money because
illusion2:

[size=18pt]Is Nigeria going to win the world Cup- the obvious answer is No ![/size]

Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by NobiGod: 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
I agree Amodu was a mediocre but he's one of us. Methink a world cup experience would have done him a world of good.
We just have bad players and that's a fact.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by cescjay(m): 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2010
i heard Louis van Gaal may be our next coach,for me he is also a good coach
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by EmekaJs(m): 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2010
Amodu should be allow to take us to world cup, A man who qualify us to world, and this is his second time he qualify us to the world cup is not fair, But i believe God dey,  Amodu don't worry na God go judge them so call NFF.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by cescjay(m): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2010
Gayigaskia:

This is a good news if they replace him not with oyinbo coach,  but with someone like Siasia who knows almost all the young boys available and capable of replacing the( grandpa) that we currently have in the Eagles. A foreign coach will most likely rely on the advises of certain people in NFF for their team selection specially when we only have 4 months to the world cup.

worldcup is not for boys
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by detopshot(m): 5:13pm On Feb 06, 2010
NFF is a bunch of insects known as confused beetle. why didn't they sack him before nigeria's qualification for 2010 wc? in as much as i hate seeing that man's face on the bench while players are on the pitch (he's always discouraging to look at), he should've been allowed to tak the eagles to s africa b4 they bid him farewell. who knows, mayb he would've recorded a 0-0, 1-1 and 1-0 result against argentina, greece and s korea resp (cos luck is his friend, i guess). as for his new job, i wish him well even tho it seems like a bribe to me. a local govt chairman would be more suitable as his new job (in the next 'selection' by 2011). NFF shouldn't av bit 'the fingers that fed them' after all, what did they see in the man when they appointed him over and over again.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by detopshot(m): 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2010
NFF's decision is ill-timed. again, Who's responsible for d sackin of the players espc yakubu or even martins that couldn't convert even one of 9diff scorin chances? for me, the team that went to angola has only one or two players that should make the new team, and that player is OSAZE ODEMWINGIE. posterity won't 4give any nigerian fan that'll speak evil of this guy-he's always been there-right from the qualifying matches.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by cescjay(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2010
detopshot:

what did they see in the man when they appointed him over and over again.

I wonder,maybe politics.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by kcjazz(m): 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2010
What an irony, the man who said Naija league is bastardized is now given the job to develop a team from the same league cry. From one bad decision to another.

Well lets wait for the WC coach, I prefer Metsu or Guus, my problem with Guus is that the media will put pressure on the team, which I dont think is a good thing. Thanks Amodu, once again you have been screwed, see you in 2013 grin if we fail to learn our lessons and plan.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by detopshot(m): 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
Yeah, anyone that fails to plan is definitely plannin to fail. appointing a new coach at this very time is indeed, plannin to fail at d world cup!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Gayigaskia(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2010
cescjay wrote[quote
worldcup is not for boys
[quote][/quote]
the SE is not going nowhere anyway, if they are lucky to win 1 game. i prefer new boys than most of these fat old unpatriotic lazy plain bast-ards.
if we don't have the mature players to do the job now , we would at least build a young team that can make us proud in for 2014.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by FARAMADE(m): 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2010
How much will the new coach be paid?, How much was Amodu paid for his service?.

I will announce my support for the replacement of Amodu with a Foreign coach as soon as,

1. Problem:
NFF have failed in their duty to develop Nigeria Football, if we have a good National league there will be no need for all our players to go abroad for rewarding career, in effect there will be better understanding and team cohesion among the national team players and they will be a true team, remember (there is no "I" in team).

Solution:
I am sure most of you who love foreign coach will like this one
Replace the NFF with the GFA (German Football Association) or THE Football Association (British) perhaps why not go for Confederação Brasileira de Futebol - CBF (Brazil).

The problem is the government?. Okay then let us replace the Nigerian government with the British or Brazilian government and our soccer problem is solved.

If you are having problem with your mechanic, bring in British mechanic they are really good why bother training your own mechanic when you can rely on the British then I digress

I rest my case.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by declem(m): 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2010
nfa r just doing rubbish n wasting their time.nigeria is going no where in d word cup, we dnt hv d team.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by vislabraye(m): 8:47pm On Feb 06, 2010
NFF are just bunch of, I don't know a word to describe them. They knew Shuaibu's capability long b4 now, why employ him in the first place. Now, after doing fairly well, and within a short time left to the world cup,they have fired him.

It seems there are FOOLS running NFF/NFA . After sacknig Amodu, we are yet to know the new coach, infact it might take another month to hire him. The NFF/NFA board should be scrapped. These are people who dont learn from history; they fired this same person 2002 and brought in siddon look coach. Lets wait and see.

Hiddink is a good coach any day, but i doubt if he can do much with this short period. HE would need to start from the scratch, create an open camp and all,
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by vislabraye(m): 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2010
NFF are just bunch of, I don't know a word to describe them. They knew Shuaibu's capability long b4 now, why employ him in the first place. Now, after doing fairly well, and within a short time left to the world cup,they have fired him.

It seems there are FOOLS running NFF/NFA . After sacknig Amodu, we are yet to know the new coach, infact it might take another month to hire him.  The NFF/NFA board should be scrapped. These are people who dont learn from history; they fired this same person 2002 and brought in siddon look coach. Lets wait and see.

Hiddink is a good coach any day, but i doubt if he can do much with this short period. HE would need to start from the scratch, create an open camp and all,
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Rastamann: 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2010
Amodu was not sacked by demoted to handle the home-based eagles (which he did not have trust in). Remember that these home based eagles are drawn from our local league which Amodu does not have faith in. To me, Amodu should be sent on a 6-month refresher course abroad to help him update his knowledge on the round leather game (soccer). The NFF and all the old and uncommitted legs in the current super eagles should also be sacked. Lulu and Ogunjobi should never have anything to do with Nigerian football again until they produce the stolen money (240,000 dollars) from the glass house. In fact, Nigeria as a whole need to be sacked and lets start afresh.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Redman44(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2010
Okay, they've gotten rid of Amodu Shuaibu finally smiley smiley. And I can see the names being bandied around- Bruno Metsu, Louis Van Gaal, Guus Hiddink et al.  Even the combination of these three coaches will not save Nigerian football cry cry. We have a systemic problem that needs to be sorted out first.  A panel enquiry has to be set up to look at what got us to where we are at the moment. Our problems started after Mali 2002 African Nations cup. It was this same Amodu Shuaibu that has just been sacked that was at the centre of the controversy. The fallout of that crisis led to the players like Victor Agali and Sunday Oliseh quitting the National team. Oliseh could have gone on to become a great captain of the Super Eagles, but that dream and build up was terminated by strong politicking and rash decisions taken by the NFF.  We should just go to the world cup with Samson Siasia and Austin Eguavoen as coaches of the Super Eagles.

After the World Cup, the search for a foreign coach with developmental instincts should start. We don't need celebrity coaches or big names. Hiddink will most likely sign another long term contract with the Russian football authorities in a matter of days. What is Bruno Metsu's pedigree currently? Metsu did well in Japan-Korea 2002 because Senegal had a golden generation of footballers then. Nigeria does not have up to six world cup class players currently. Lets stop fooling ourselves. We need a coach that will come and live in Nigeria, mix with Nigerians, attempt to learn our languages and get to make forays into our local league. We need a coach that will spot gifted players in obscure places in Nigeria. We don't want a short term thing. We need a coach that will tutor the Super Eagles for at least 4-6 years.  And I'm suggesting that the coach should choose Samson Siasia as his assistant and head scout.  Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by otokx(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2010
This is so unfair: why should lightning strike the same place twice?
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Walert(m): 9:12pm On Feb 06, 2010
Amodu should be thankful he is not fully disgraced.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by mansmith(m): 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2010
y did the board not demote itself as well?
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by cescjay(m): 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2010
i have to agree with you Redman44
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by manuch(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2010
we will never move forward. countries take four years to plan for a world cup but in our case it is always fire bridge approach .we never learn 1998 it happened 2002 now 2010. i give up.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by snowdrops(m): 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2010
This should have been done before nations cup.
At least we have far more chance of winning the nations than the world cup
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by honeric01(m): 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2010
the best thing they could have done is to add more Nigerian coaches to assist Amodu at the worldcup, instead, they fired (demoted him) and now wants to put a mercenary to reap where he didn't sow.

let me see the magic the Nigerian White GOD is going to perform under 4 months.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Redman44(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2010
Below is my blueprint for Nigerian football:

South Africa 2010 World Cup: Samson Siasia and Austin Eguavoen should be appointed coaches of the Eagles to the World Cup. The NFF should give the duo the target of getting at least to the 2nd round of the tournament. We should not expect a great outing at the mundial because we do not have a good team and committed players.

Super Eagles Technical Adviser and Coach: Hiring big names and celebrity coaches will not help our cause. Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo were nobodies until they came to Nigeria. Yet these dutchmen played a big role in the development of Nigerian football. Westerhof unearthed unknown players like Finidi George, Efan Ekoku, Isaac Semitoje [ he's better than the defenders we have today, yet he was spotted in the local league ], Moses Kpakor, Ben Iroha, Friday Elahor etc. Bonfrere used his intelligence to help us win Olympic Gold in 1996. We need a  foreign coach who's good technically and is development oriented. He should be able to build 3 Super Eagles teams from the scratch.  The coach should be very strict like Fabio Capello and should be able to comb the local league for good players. This foreign coach should be ready to spend most of his time in Nigeria. He'll be allowed to take his annual leave but Nigeria will be his home during his tenure as coach of the Super Eagles. I'll prefer it if this new coach is from Italy, Holland or Brazil.  It does not matter if he's coaching a Division 2 club, what matters is that he has a blueprint for Nigerian footie and he is really good at what he does.

Tapping Into Our Diaspora Talent: It is high time we start combing Europe and America for more Osaze Odemwingies. There are many players of Nigerian origin in Europe and America. Some of them are children of Nigerian parents or one of their parents is a Nigerian. However, they were born in foreign countries. They might not have come to Nigeria before but they are somehow Nigerian due to their origin. If they're gifted, we need them. These players could prove to be an asset to us.

Disbanding The NFF: Yeah, FIFA might be protecting Sani Lulu and his gang, but Nigerians can demonstrate against this inept bunch of administrators. We need fresh hands in the Glass House. We need men who can see visions and who have ideas. Kojo Williams has to come back. We need people like Waidi Akanni, Mutiu Adepoju et al in the NFF. God help us. Amen.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by theviper1: 11:48pm On Feb 06, 2010
my solution is simple. since we cant put Amodu up for hanging,then he should be banned from being atleast 20km from any stadium that any nigerian team is playing in. his offence? simple. for bringing dead men from the mortuary to play for nigeria.
i dont care what those fools @NFF are up to now,but one thing that am sure about is that their own day will come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thierry Henry In Marriage Break-up / Serena Williams Wins Her 15th Grand Slam At The 2012 US Open / Merrybet Bet Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.