Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (5410 Views)

Nigeria Sack Coach Keshi For Lack Of Commitment / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Coach Shaibu Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by zaragoza(m): 11:48pm On Feb 06, 2010
i tot amodu shld have declined his new job. But he wldnt, as long as money d enta!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by amedino(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2010
eyaaa, but atlist he shud av bin givn d chance to go worldcup. he qualified 9ja 4 2002 worldcup n now 2010. habba! nff is just using d poor 2 qualify us for wc dat he wil neva see. i pity d guy sha. bt if i were him i wil nt take any coachin apointment 4 9ja again. coz its al about hire n fire. i no d next coach wil also face dsame criticism too. if he looses a mach 9ja wil start calin 4 a sack. datswen we start analysing amodu past glorys to b beta. i no 9ja wil cal amodu bak somday. wen d nid to qualify i for d world cup arises.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by ayusman16(m): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
What will he be doing coaching Team B. I believe consist of local players. The same homebase players he claimed were not good enough to make the national team?
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by legba1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2010
Relieving Amodu of his job at a time like this is a useless decision that is coming behind time.i see this as a plot by the useless nicompoo in NFF as an excuse to poor perfomance in SA,atleast we'll have to understand the new coach is not a magicsian.we all know the line they'd give us,that the time is short blah blah blah.we allready know their antics and we are ready for it all.only pple who dont know the poltics will have their hart broken when the games is on.for me,i will root for the likes of brasil,argentina and better managed and prepared teams,call me names and i dont care.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by aje49ja(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
NFF EVERY BODY ARE FOOLS FOR SACKING AMUDU, what else do u guys want from him, why do u call him wen u kno that he is not good , he will plant another wil always weep it off, Coach amudu u have tried GOd will reward you AMEN
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
[size=20pt]We shall Swim or Sink with Coach Shaibu Amodu[/size]

So how come Amodu is the only one drowning now  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by honeric01(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
@lagar

It's because an average Nigerian is a known liar, good at paying lipstick services and when the real deal comes, they disappear. Don't tell me you don't know this.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by MrCrackles(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
Where is the Amodu's di/ck riding vagabond called Sagamite?
I am surprised the old fu/cking jobsworth is not here to spew poppycocks and gobblydygooks
Raasssclaat! cool
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2010
@honeric01

No mind me. i was just being sarcastic.  wink I wonder what Festus Onigbinde and James Peters have to offer to Nigerian Football what value can they raise their finger to. we have their likes constantly being recycled but never dumped. same thing with our dear country Nigeria.

@MrCrackles
Take am easy naow grin  the facts/statistics  on ground out-weighed any negative sentiments the general population had about NFF/Amodu. he has coached SE a record 5 times  shocked and qualified us for SA2010 winning bronze enroute.  smiley I'd be a poor gambler not to bet on such odds
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by honeric01(m): 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
@lagar

You dey mind fools, what has all these animals insulting Amodu achieved in their entire life?

The man is the most successful nigerian coach whether good or bad, if you think i'm lying, then debate me on this.

Bunch of hypocrites, cowards, self haters, inferiority complex striken set of black people. I wish I had a gun, would go around killing any confirmed self hating blacks I see
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by newdeal(m): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
The problems besetting Naija footsie goes beyond Amodu, so sacking him is not going to translate into any sudden turn of good fortunes.
A football administration that rotates around a few individuals and their cohorts who have ran out of creative ideas, year in year out, will not produce anything worth cheering, even if they employ Hiddink !!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by MrCrackles(m): 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2010
newdeal:

The problems besetting Naija footsie goes beyond Amodu, so sacking him is not going to translate into any sudden turn of good fortunes.
A football administration that rotates around a few individuals and their cohorts who have ran out of creative ideas, year in year out, will not produce anything worth cheering, even if they employ Hiddink !!
I have always barked on about the highlighted. . .
Until the vagabonds at the NFA glasshouse are sent packing. . .
Until the old heads and tired legs players are shipped out and replaced with enthusiastic younger ones . . . .
Until we stop appointing dullards and tactically deficient nitwits as coaches. . . .
NIGERIA FOOTBALL WILL CONTINUE TO DECLINE

lagerwhenindoubt:

@honeric01

No mind me. i was just being sarcastic.  wink I wonder what Festus Onigbinde and James Peters have to offer to Nigerian Football what value can they raise their finger to. we have their likes constantly being recycled but never dumped. same thing with our dear country Nigeria.

@MrCrackles
Take am easy naow grin  the facts/statistics  on ground out-weighed any negative sentiments the general population had about NFF/Amodu. he has coached SE a record 5 times  shocked and qualified us for SA2010 winning bronze enroute.  smiley I'd be a poor gambler not to bet on such odds
Negative sentiments aside, Amodu is inept, tactically deficient and piss poor!!! grin
Good he has accepted to learn and improve his managerial experience under a yet to be appointed foreign coach grin
A solid and quality coach will not settle for that, but go outhere and prove himself with another decent side!!!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by MeGaStReEt: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2010
The best news i have heard in a long time; i mean from nigeria
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by semid4lyfe(m): 12:28am On Feb 08, 2010
MrCrackles:

I have always barked on about the highlighted. . .
Until the vagabonds at the NFA glasshouse are sent packing. . .
Until the old heads and tired legs players are shipped out and replaced with enthusiastic and young ones . . . .
Until we stop appointing dullards and tactically deficient nitwits as coaches. . . .
NIGERIA FOOTBALL WILL CONTINUE TO DECLINE
Negative sentiments aside, Amodu is inept, tactically deficient and piss poor!!! grin
Good he has accepted to learn and improve his managerial experience under a yet to be appointed foreign coach grin
A solid and quality coach will not settle for that, but go outhere and prove himself with another decent side!!!
Over 19,000 posts of idiosyncratic rubbish. . . . you need help!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by MrCrackles(m): 8:29am On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Over 19,000 posts of idiosyncratic rubbish. . . . you need help!
What a nob head. . . .Your mission on NL has been to follow every single post i churn out here. . .
That is nearly 20000 POSTS. . .Dude you have been at it for so long, you could have been a father between that period. . .But at least you grew some white pubic hair, which i am sure you are proud off
Bleeding nitwit, you need the help more than anyone else. . . .
Supercoon!!!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Abeskey: 8:36am On Feb 08, 2010
The problem we have is impatient.Winning in life most times is as a reult of consistent and constant hardwork.Westerhoof produced the super super eagles of 94 after 6 years of taking charge.We need good long term plan and not the medicrioty of ascribing winning to miracles.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by milkan05(m): 10:40am On Feb 08, 2010
best news ever
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Kx: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2010
He said home based players are mere training materials.

Now,in a twist of fate,he is the coach  of home based players.

Inference:He is a mere training coach,not a championship material.

Lucky Dube:Respect- Dont close the door behind
An adage says,d stone wen person throw,him go meetam for front.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by 2tait: 11:51am On Feb 08, 2010
It has happened before!
June is just around the corner (SA 2010 world cup)
I hope NFF will not come back to beg Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by TMmoney: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2010
long overdue his charm has broken,why does he have the opportunity to handle the home based players? he lacks ideas. he has made his mark though.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by FBS: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by hauler: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
Knuckle heads, everybody dey model hunger for naija una dey here dey discuss football. Even if naija has a good outing at the world cup will that change any of your lives? Will it change anything in the country at all? You just wanna look good to the rest of the world and keep on suffering and smiling. As far as im concerned naija has no place in that world cup until it gets its act together as a country. Nuff said!
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 09, 2010
MrCrackles:

I have always barked . . .

about barking- you never spoke truer

you do excel at it
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by tosinot1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
Are foreign coaches magicians?, where did coted'ivore get to @ nations cup with thier foreign coach? cry embarassed shocked sad angry
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by mamagee3(f): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
God has finally answered my prayers!
He's gone for good, I can't laugh.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by FBS: 8:00am On Feb 15, 2010
Well, like someone rightly said, only a jobless coach will take the SE job.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by honeric01(m): 11:30am On Feb 15, 2010
And they are coming in large quantity. jobless coaches
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2010
When Shaibu Amodu was hired to lead the Super Eagles through qualifying, I wrote the following on my facebook page.

"I don't believe that Amodu is the best local coach in the country, on the back of this failure by Berti Vogts, I belive Amodu is being hired to fail so that the NFF can justify the need to hire a Foreign Coach on the eve of world cup"

You know what? Amodu did not fail as much as I expected him to but the NFF which were not necessarily interested Amodu's result in the first place and have decided to hire a Foreign Coach anyway. Well this has always been their agenda and nothing to do with Amodu's records.
There are better coaches than Amodu in the country and I see no need for any foreign coach and I want to ask the following.

What is the basis of chasing a Foreign Coach at this time? Do we plan to win the world cup?

If we are looking to win the world cup then I will say that hiring a new foreign coach 4 months to the finals is just how not to prepare, its too late.

If we are not planning to win the world cup, then what is the essence of spending so much on a Foreign Coach really?

I will suggest keeping Amodu as head coach and bringing in Siasia as Technical Adviser.
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
@mikeansy

well said
Re: Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist by montelik(m): 7:01am On Feb 16, 2010
mikeansy:

When Shaibu Amodu was hired to lead the Super Eagles through qualifying, I wrote the following on my facebook page.

"I don't believe that Amodu is the best local coach in the country, on the back of this failure by Berti Vogts, I belive Amodu is being hired to fail so that the NFF can justify the need to hire a Foreign Coach on the eve of world cup"

You know what? Amodu did not fail as much as I expected him to but the NFF which were not necessarily interested Amodu's result in the first place and have decided to hire a Foreign Coach anyway. Well this has always been their agenda and nothing to do with Amodu's records.
There are better coaches than Amodu in the country and I see no need for any foreign coach and I want to ask the following.

What is the basis of chasing a Foreign Coach at this time? Do we plan to win the world cup?

If we are looking to win the world cup then I will say that hiring a new foreign coach 4 months to the finals is just how not to prepare, its too late.

If we are not planning to win the world cup, then what is the essence of spending so much on a Foreign Coach really?

I will suggest keeping Amodu as head coach and bringing in Siasia as Technical Adviser.

You had me until that last line. Siasia as technical adviser? What is this logic amongst people concerning Siasia and the Super Eagles. If anything I would flip your suggestion cos it makes more sense this way. Amodu as Technical Adviser then Siasia as Head coach. Amodu is not qualified to coach the Eagles but Siasia who has never coached beyond age grade level is okay. Talk about jumping from frying pan into fire. Lets look at his career accomplishments so far.

* Samson Siasia was the coach of the Nigerian Olympics Team(Dream Team IV), who won a silver medal for Nigeria, losing to Argentina in the finals by a lone goal.
* Qualified Nigeria U-23 team for the 2008 Summer Olympics. His team reached the final.
* Nigeria's U-23 team win inaugural Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia (May 2008)
* Appointed national U-23 coach of Nigeria 2007
* Led Nigeria to the U-20 World Championship finals 2005 Netherlands (finished second)
* Qualified Nigeria U-20 team for the U-20 World Youth Championship 2005
* Coached Nigeria U-20 team to win the U-20 African Youth Championship 2005 in Benin
* Appointed national U-20 coach of Nigeria 2004
* Served as assistant coach to Nigerian National football team the Super Eagles from 2004-05
* Coached youth team in United States to Georgia state finals and national ranking 2003-04
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Siasia
*does not include his recent accomplishments in Egypt.

Not bad, but even the disastrous Berti Vogts had a better CV than this. One thing is severely lacking, absolutely no senior team management or coaching experience, not to mention no club coaching experience to speak of. If this was good eneough all of our previous U-17 coaches should appointed technical advisers of the senior national side. After all we all know why we tend to do better at under-aged level (with our over aged) compared to senior level. I really hope people would stop engaging in wishful thinking when it comes to Siasia. Let me say clearly Siasia is a talented and successful coach but he is not ready in any capacity to take full charge of the super eagle, at least not yet. Give him time to develop instead of rushing him into a position for which he is not adequately prepared. Appointing Siasia would be a ridiculous gamble. After all if his CV is good enough what of Stephen Keshi who has coached at competitive senior level (qualifying Togo for the World Cup). Amodu may not be the one, but let us not jump from bad to worse. Our football has been going backward since 2002, we don't have time for dangerous gambles anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thierry Henry In Marriage Break-up / Serena Williams Wins Her 15th Grand Slam At The 2012 US Open / Merrybet Bet Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.