Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? (10358 Views)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Soso990240(m): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Am not trying to judge anybody here.bt 80% of our pastors today are hungry,desparate,fake and wat have u. they just wan to make quick money and become popular. now tell me how they are better than our "yahoo' boys. They advertise fake miracle just to draw u to their church,force u to pay tithe as though jesus christ preached about tithe, they do all manner of things just to get attention. That Is sign of fake. Wen u advertise ur miracle, we can now refer to u as a magician.
N/B. Am nt judging anybody.. Am just stating our wat i have observed. peace.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Stallione(m): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
martineverest:
but dont forget dat ur mother,father,sister or child could be ur enemy
Then he or she dies then!!!,cos evil one will never stop until he or she kills u or render u useless for life.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
I don't feel comfortable praying for my enemies to die.
Rather i pray for them to leave long enough to see the greatness of God in my life.

Secondly instead of praying for their deaths, i just wish them double portion of whatever they wish for me.

But again the bible says suffer not a witch to live.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Stallione(m): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
martineverest:
but dont forget dat ur mother,father,sister or child could be ur enemy
Then he or she dies then!!!,cos evil one will never stop until he or she kills u or render u useless for life,so the best move is to stop them,kill or render them useless thru christ jesus.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by DrMuzungu(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
You should, by all means, pray in church for your enemies to suffer in the eternal fire...

But only if that is the Church of Beelzebub the great!
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by cornel994(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
…43: You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44: But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45: you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by gabazin080(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
elog:
If you are in a church were it is prayed enemies should die, my friend that is not a church of God.

The bible urges us to pray positively for our enemies.
but God who says that we should love our enemies and pray for them is the same God the bible says will throw all sinners in hell.
why cant he practice what he preaches and forgive all sinners too
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Soso990240(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

Keep praying for your enemies to live long, while they keep checking calendar for the day to take you away from this earth.

You think those demons in human flesh want to change? You think they have not being hearing the word of God since they were born? Funny.
That means u are not a christian. u practice ur own religion. So u dont believe dat ur God can protect u against ur enemies? That is why jesus called u "men of little faith". Oya as u no trust ur God's protection, why do u send him to go and kill ur enemies?. Just know dat our God is able. Nothing is too big for him to do.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by elog(m): 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
He forgives repentant sinners. The bible tells us he does not desire any to be destroyed, that's why he has still given them time to repent.

gabazin080:
but God who says that we should love our enemies and pray for them is the same God the bible says will throw all sinners in hell.

3 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by udemzyudex(m): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
gabazin080:

LOL.. Don't mind that guy, ask him how many times he has prayed for his enemies to repent or how many times he has prayed to God to bless his enemies.

Many of them here, saying we should pray for our enemies are all hypocrite..

Funny people,it's until they kill them and later repent while they decay in the ground, that's they will no the enemies are fighting a battle
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Rainmaker69(m): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
The only way to kill an enemy is to make him/her a friend.
Rainmaker say so.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by kullozone(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Na una sabi! Thank God say I no dey do religion. Anybody wey block my way to progress and I catch am, na die be that... Even if na just small them block am sef....

I'll kill my enemy before he/she kills me.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by udemzyudex(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Soso990240:
That means u are not a christian. u practice ur own religion. So u dont believe dat ur God can protect u against ur enemies? That is why jesus called u "men of little faith". Oya as u no trust ur God's protection, why do u send him to go and kill ur enemies?. Just know dat our God is able. Nothing is too big for him to do.

LOL.. So. You're the true Christian, heaven help those who help themselves, so stop this your talk, stop trying to use the bible against what i said..

Bro, that little faith can move mountain, I just need a little faith to make things happen.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Burgerlomo: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
I don't think that type of prayer is proper, but instead you should pray for your enemies to have a change of hearts, and if they refused then you can ask God to give them a befitting judgment on your behalf, I want you to remember that your worst enemy today can become your best friend tomorrow, while your best friend today can become your worst enemy tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Abdogood(m): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
I don't know if it's only me but I have always felt praying for our enemies to die in church is just not the Christian way of doing things.

Don't get it twisted, am in church right now and the prayer coordinator just raised a prayer point, "Father anyone against my progress against my family progress as they step out of their house this morning, may Sanford trailer jam them".
No one is perfect, and we've all got enemies. Imagine there all start praying like that or even worse.

I attended a church sometime last month and one of the prayer points was that, "Any body against my progress, anybody that is out to harm me today, before they come out this morning Father break their legs in Jesus name". In my mind I was like it should be in SARS name not Jesus name because na SARS fit do something like that.

It's not just right please because Christ preached love and not hate.

Whatever you felt right there isn't wrong. Your inner man/spirit seek to find the hiding truth on how prayers work. Believe me when I tell you. No harm will fall on those who doesn't deserve it. When Jesus taught us how to prayer. He didn't seek harm on his enemy. He said AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRANSPASS AGAINST US. which simply means we should learn to pray for their repentance so that they may find they way to God. For God is not please to see a sinner perish. As a Christian, we should censored our prayer points from things/words of hate that might prevent our prayers reaching God. Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by captain247: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
It is not only the prayer you pray to make your enemies to die that actually caused their death it is the fulfilment of God's word for the wicked.
For whatever God says must never return void.
Romans 6:23 says, For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Therefore our enemy sows death for themselves with their evil ways even as you wish them also.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by macphilip: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Since we are in the dispensation of the new covenant,
God doesn't answer such prayers again.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by LogicStatement: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lollipop247:
The wickedness of the enemies is enough to send them six foot under. U won't understand until the enemy don do u stronggggg tin.
Is it by your feelings or what God feels? If it is by how you feel, then you will be led by the flesh to think through the pain they caused you to pray for their death but if you are led by the Spirit you will abide by what Jesus said "do good to those who hate you and pray for your enemies." This is what makes you different from a sinner. The choice is yours to obey Jesus or the flesh

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by lelvin(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
My thoughts exactly, hate should not be mentioned within the walls of a church or any prayer house
Abdogood:

Whatever you felt right there isn't wrong. Your inner man/spirit seek to find the hiding truth on how prayers work. Believe me when I tell you. No harm will fall on those who doesn't deserve it. When Jesus taught us how to prayer. He didn't seek harm on his enemy. He said AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRANSPASS AGAINST US. which simply means we should learn to pray for their repentance so that they may find they way to God. For God is not please to see a sinner perish. As a Christian, we should censored our prayer points from things/words of hate that might prevent our prayers reaching God. Shallom.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by lelvin(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Is loving them in return for their hate not enough punishment? We have to go further to pray that Angel Micheal pour otapiapia inside their garri....
captain247:
It is not only the prayer you pray to make your enemies to die that actually caused their death it is the fulfilment of God's word for the wicked.
For whatever God says must never return void.
Romans 6:23 says, For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Therefore our enemy sows death for themselves with their evil ways even as you wish them also.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by orunto27: 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
The Lord watches over The ways of The Righteous but the ways of the wicked shall perish.
So The Lord instructs, directs and discerns The Righteous wherever, even in their togetherness, but forgets, abandons and neglects the enemies of The Righteous till they are visited by Holy Fire burning with sulfur.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by chukzyfcbb: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

LOL.. Don't mind that guy, ask him how many times he has prayed for his enemies to repent or how many times he has prayed to God to bless his enemies.

Many of them here, saying we should pray for our enemies are all hypocrite..

Funny people,it's until they kill them and later repent while they decay in the ground, that's they will no the enemies are fighting a battle
you still don't get it, do you?
if I don't pray for my enemy to die, doesn't mean that if an enemy attacks a christian, he or she will stumble.

A praticising Christian shouldn't even fear about any evil attack because 24-7 he knows He is protected by God.
Your enemy can plot your downfall, as long as you always have reverance for God daily, you don't need utter a word coz God will always fight for his very own.

An enemy can't kill one who is in Gods presence!

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by udemzyudex(m): 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

you still don't get it, do you?
if I don't pray for my enemy to die, doesn't mean that if an enemy attacks a christian, he or she will stumble.

A praticising Christian shouldn't even fear about any evil attack because 24-7 he knows He is protected by God.
Your enemy can plot your downfall, as long as you always have reverance for God daily, you don't need utter a word coz God will always fight for his very own.

An enemy can't kill one who is in Gods presence!

Naa you're the one that don't get it, life itself is not fair bro..

You mean there was no God during the 1st and 2nd world war? Thousands of Christians and Muslims are dying everyday, you think they don't worship same God, if you can pray your way out of bondage pls do.

Heaven help those who help themselves, just because you're looking for a job and u think since you have God he will provide it for you without you taking any step..

It doesn't work that way, in fact we shouldn't even be praying at all since we have God in heaven.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by chukzyfcbb: 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

You mean there was no God during the 1st and 2nd world war? Thousands of Christians and Muslims are dying everyday, you think they don't worship same God, if you can pray your way out of bondage pls do.

Heaven help those who help themselves, just because you're looking for a job and u think since you have God he will provide it for you without you taking any step..

It doesn't work that way, in fact we shouldn't even be praying at all since we have God in heaven.
stay on track because we are discussing terms related to enemy. I see u steering off course...

I said You don't need to pray for an enemy who is a human like you to either die or sorts, The devil and his agents is whom you should pray against, those are the bibilical enemy . But to pray for a supposed old woman whom you perceive to be an enemy to fall and die is baseless.

As a christian, just know the scriptures at heart, and regurgitate them in times of trouble. Its like telling God all what he said he will do for you. Or you think God doesn't know christians have enemies?

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by InvertedHammer: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
I don't know if it's only me but I have always felt praying for our enemies to die in church is just not the Christian way of doing things.

Don't get it twisted, am in church right now and the prayer coordinator just raised a prayer point, "Father anyone against my progress against my family progress as they step out of their house this morning, may Sanford trailer jam them".
No one is perfect, and we've all got enemies. Imagine there all start praying like that or even worse.

I attended a church sometime last month and one of the prayer points was that, "Any body against my progress, anybody that is out to harm me today, before they come out this morning Father break their legs in Jesus name". In my mind I was like it should be in SARS name not Jesus name because na SARS fit do something like that.

It's not just right please because Christ preached love and not hate.

\
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. In fact, people who pray for enemies to die are there own worst enemy, but we can always count on the magnanimity and mercy of God to give them a second chance.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by UncutSk(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
Suffer not the witch to live

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by bentuzene(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yes that's the nonsense most Christians have been forced to reduce themselves to, seeking the destruction of their enemies when the first prayer ever taught by Jesus to be forgiven as they forgive those who trespass against them.

We all know there is a Spiritual warfare out there but did Jesus ask for his enemies to die on the Cross? Isn't Jesus our role model?

Moreso, this earth is temporary not permanent so whatever damage is done to you here can not deter you from the kingdom so why ask for death for your enemies as if you haven't offended someone before?

To be honest there is no justification for this form of prayer for any true Christian.

What all Christians must do is forgive.

(If I may even add, 70 * 7 times per day)

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by manikal: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Matthew 7;12
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 6;6
One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by bentuzene(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

You are playing Pragmatic with God...

If you believe God has you covered you pray for your enemies downfall, you pray that God takes control.

Doesn't mean you should sit back and watch them kill you but then you do the right thing as a Child of God.

You were not put on earth to fight but to lead a life so you shouldn't always imagine that you are always being pursued by someone wanting your downfall. Live you life and let God do his work for you. That's your duty as a Christian.

It's totally out of place to ask God to kill your enemy.

If you had said God should protect you, that's a different thing entirely!

Last last tho, God doesn't answer such prayers anyways grin
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by refreshrate: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
All of you talking blah blah blah una never jam better enemy be trying to justify what you don't know you hear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Don't Fool Yourself, Fake Jesus & His Blood Won't Save You / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.