Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? (10355 Views)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by bentuzene(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
manikal:
Matthew 7;12
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 6;6
One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

Bless you for this.

Sad to see that some people here saying its okay to pray for their enemies to be killed would still come out this night asking God to forgive them their sins.

Shey we are at war? You've sinned and at such should also die by fire? Why ask for forgiveness? Cos its good for you and bad for your enemy neighbor huh?

Same measure you dish out so shall it be meted to you!

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by preetyb(f): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
The bible say, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places.

Nevertheless humans are the principalities and powers we speak of when they become transform to carry out their evil activities.
The devil use humans as his agent to do his work.

Even Jesus himself had to command the evil personality in peter to get behind him by addressing peter as Satan she he said " get thee behind me Satan".
Have you asked yourself why Christ rebuke peter when he ought to have just prayed for peter.
Christ knew the devil want to use peter to stop his mission somehow so he had to stop the devil by rebuking the evil principality and power using peter.

Now, some of you here criticizing churches praying for their enemies to die, can not tolerate your fellow human when they offend you, you are always quick to slap back, fight back , and even wish evil on the person. Are you not an hypocrite for doing that?.

Some of you have been crying for jungle justice on the badoos and bokoharam killing people because you all fear for your lives. Why not pray for them?.
Yet you criticize the one praying to God for vegeance .

It is not compulsory for you to kill your enemies for you to live, you can let them kill you for them to leave and God will give you your reward in heaven that is, if you will even make heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by n1ky(f): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
We should pray for them to live to see our progress, we should pray for the spirit in them to die so that the spirit won't affect us again, but not that person. If we pray that the person should die, then nobody on this earth will still be alive. REMEMBER YOU ARE ALSO AN ENEMY TO SOMEONE.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by abisteves9: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
for we wrestle not Against flesh and blood but against principalities and Powers, Rulers of Darkness.....Eph 6:12; please seek clarification before condemning certain prayers.

Churches like MFM pray against Powers and Demons!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Ayofrosh(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
Lols... I taya, no wonder people are just dying anyhow.

HAHAHA!!
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Lex11(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
Love Your Enemies - Luke 6:27-36

27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Junuel(f): 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Exodus 22:18 tho �
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by rayobaba(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
I don't know if it's only me but I have always felt praying for our enemies to die in church is just not the Christian way of doing things.

Don't get it twisted, am in church right now and the prayer coordinator just raised a prayer point, "Father anyone against my progress against my family progress as they step out of their house this morning, may Sanford trailer jam them".
No one is perfect, and we've all got enemies. Imagine there all start praying like that or even worse.

I attended a church sometime last month and one of the prayer points was that, "Any body against my progress, anybody that is out to harm me today, before they come out this morning Father break their legs in Jesus name". In my mind I was like it should be in SARS name not Jesus name because na SARS fit do something like that.

It's not just right please because Christ preached love and not hate.
Abi oo.
Pls tell them.
Those prayers en, I dont think they are answered.
If it's answered many people go don commot for ds earth.
Bible say pray for ur enemies.
Does many Christian even follow d bible !
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by snowblaq(f): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
I don't know if it's only me but I have always felt praying for our enemies to die in church is just not the Christian way of doing things.

Don't get it twisted, am in church right now and the prayer coordinator just raised a prayer point, "Father anyone against my progress against my family progress as they step out of their house this morning, may Sanford trailer jam them".
No one is perfect, and we've all got enemies. Imagine there all start praying like that or even worse.

I attended a church sometime last month and one of the prayer points was that, "Any body against my progress, anybody that is out to harm me today, before they come out this morning Father break their legs in Jesus name". In my mind I was like it should be in SARS name not Jesus name because na SARS fit do something like that.

Exodus 22:18...suffer not a witch to live
There are those you pray for... There are those that refuse to repent of their sins no matter how much you pray and love them.... Those ones need to go.. If you must be alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by snowblaq(f): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
elog:
If you are in a church were it is prayed enemies should die, my friend that is not a church of God.

The bible urges us to pray positively for our enemies.

Exodus 22:18...suffer not a witch to live
There are some enemies you pray for and they repent... There are those too that no amount of prayer or love would change.... Would you rather they live and you die?

2 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Homebaked: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Jesus expressly commanded us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. But behold we have today, a crop of Christians, who will listen to everybody except Jesus-the author and finisher of the faith. Why will a man who was an enemy of God but for the saving grace of same God turn around and wish his enemies(people who are still under the grips of satan as he was) dead? Is it that he wants to save his life by having God kill the enemies? Well, that is a selfish and wicked disposition. I make bold to say that those raising such prayer points have no idea who Jesus is. Jesus is a saviour not a destroyer. He prefers that we show love just as he had shown us love by dying for us while we were yet sinners.God has a timetable for dealing with his enemies and the enemies of his children, but we are not privileged to preempt judgement and call for their heads. If the early disciples of Jesus had done this, St Paul would not have been alive to evangelize the world. Those who insist on following old testament injunctions against the new must also remember that the old testament was all about the Jew and had no provision for the inclusion of other nations. For us gentile Christians let the words and disposition of Jesus be our guide, because he is our light and our salvation. Shalom
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by manikal: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
Christian means Jesus Christ like. Anything against Christ is anti

John 14;15
15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.

1 John 2:3
By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

John 15:12
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you.

John 15:17
This is My command to you: Love one another

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.

Galatians 5:14
The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself

Know what you serve. The way that seemeth right . ,
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Austin234(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
Though, I scold u for sending this while in the church service, I think many Christians have got it wrong here.

Praying for the death of our enemies is wrong. As a matter of fact, I see many wicked and unrepentant heart among many so-called Christians. Some will even brag with- I will do 7 days mid night for u and ur Obituary will be announced. What a perceived wickedness.

Jesus never took it from this angle. Instead while he was still in pains on the cross, he prayed for the forgiveness of his ememies.

Apostle Stephen while being stoned, prayed for the forgiveness of his enemies even as Paul who later became Apostle supervised it. Who knew it may have been because of Stephen's prayer that made Paul to repent.

Many Christians should cross check their heart again whether they are stil in faith

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Austin234(m): 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
But unfortunately, principalities and powers do not die because they are spirit. Invariably, u are praying for the death of ur perceived human enemies. Too bad

abisteves9:
for we wrestle not Against flesh and blood but against principalities and Powers, Rulers of Darkness.....Eph 6:12; please seek clarification before condemning certain prayers.

Churches like MFM pray against Powers and Demons!
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by lelvin(m): 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Go back to ur Bible bro, we are in a time of grace not vengeance. Am not a Bible scholar, but I came across something like that in CRK so many years ago.
InvertedHammer:

God led the Isrealites to war.

In a battle, all is fair.

That's why they are enemies. Some of you cannot even wait to betray your friends.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by lelvin(m): 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks you!
Austin234:
Though, I scold u for sending this while in the church service, I think many Christians have got it wrong here.

Praying for the death of our enemies is wrong. As a matter of fact, I see many wicked and unrepentant heart among many so-called Christians. Some will even brag with- I will do 7 days mid night for u and ur Obituary will be announced. What a perceived wickedness.

Jesus never took it from this angle. Instead while he was still in pains on the cross, he prayed for the forgiveness of his ememies.

Apostle Stephen while being stoned, prayed for the forgiveness of his enemies even as Paul who later became Apostle supervised it. Who knew it may have been because of Stephen's prayer that made Paul to repent.

Many Christians should cross check their heart again whether they are stil in faith
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by lelvin(m): 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
God bless you
Lex11:
Love Your Enemies - Luke 6:27-36

27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Ifexabc: 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
buoye1:
It depends on how you see it... Anyone who'll stand against my break through and won't REPENT I'll pray him to death

Why would any1 stand against ur break through. If u do the right thing.. we blacks alwaze relate our mis-fortunes to our enemies doing us.. if u r qualified for ur break through God would break u through.. so pls stop dis prayer of sum1 shud die.. as if ure a saint in all ratification..
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by buoye1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ifexabc:

Why would any1 stand against ur break through. If u do the right thing.. we blacks alwaze relate our mis-fortunes to our enemies doing us.. if u r qualified for ur break through God would break u through.. so pls stop dis prayer of sum1 shud die.. as if ure a saint in all ratification..
i don't blame you commenting on what you know nothing about! If you don't have problems it doesn't mean someone else dont... Anyways you only talk based on your knowledge.. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Airoflaw(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
NO 1 ENEMY IS YOU! so why pray for your enemy to die when d bible even says DAT he will prepare a table before me in the presence of my ENEMY...(if dey die then in front who Will God prepare the table
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by somehow: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
See as this one turn bible upside down. ndoh

preetyb:
The bible say, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places.

Nevertheless humans are the principalities and powers we speak of when they become transform to carry out their evil activities.
The devil use humans as his agent to do his work.

Even Jesus himself had to command the evil personality in peter to get behind him by addressing peter as Satan she he said " get thee behind me Satan".
Have you asked yourself why Christ rebuke peter when he ought to have just prayed for peter.
Christ knew the devil want to use peter to stop his mission somehow so he had to stop the devil by rebuking the evil principality and power using peter.

Now, some of you here criticizing churches praying for their enemies to die, can not tolerate your fellow human when they offend you, you are always quick to slap back, fight back , and even wish evil on the person. Are you not an hypocrite for doing that?.

Some of you have been crying for jungle justice on the badoos and bokoharam killing people because you all fear for your lives. Why not pray for them?.
Yet you criticize the one praying to God for vegeance .

It is not compulsory for you to kill your enemies for you to live, you can let them kill you for them to leave and God will give you your reward in heaven that is, if you will even make heaven.

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by ayooluniran(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
somehow:
See as this one turn bible upside down. ndoh

she/he didn't turn the bible upside down. John20:23 are the very words of Jesus. If you allow evil (demons/powers/witches/ wizards evilen and women) to kill you, you die and go to hell for not exercising the power God gave to you and not fulfilling your destiny. Meanwhile if the evil person repents, they go to heaven.

Christians claiming to be too defended, let me ask you, why are you still sick? Why are you still poor, why are wicked people still prospering and ruling US? Why are christians dying? It's because we have not started to follow the principles of spiritual warfare.

There is a time to love and a time to refrain. The enemies that we should love are not enemies who will attack you spiritually, tie down your star till you're 60years old, and finish you off in an accident. Those enemies know what they are doing. It is we Christians that are ignoramus. The enemies we should love and pray for are those that don't know what they are doing....I.e steals your money, slaps you, those that do things that are more physical in contesting with you.

But once they go spiritual, you've got to fight back, and be on the offensive.

For me, I refuse to give my enemy a free day.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Truefaith: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Such prayers confirm that the church has NOTHING to do with the Jesus Christ of the Bible: you cannot espouse what your Leader abhor except you serve another master. The 'churches' are occult organizations set up by Satan to deceive.

The problem is the organisers know they could not be successful if they correctly label their religion by their beliefs.

Sadly that is what we have in most 'churches' in Nigeria claiming to be 'Christian'.

Check www.thetruechristianfaith.com

You might save yourself from the large-scale deceit going on in Nigeria in the name of Christianity.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by manubuikep(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
bro in one way or the other, u are somebody's enemy, so pray for them to change
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by sudonym(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Why do we expend so much energy, both physical and mental in praying for our "enemies" to die. Wouldn't it be better to pray for our success in the face of adversity with the some of the same vigour? God is not an assassin, pray for His blessings, if someone has to die for you to succeed, let The Almighty be the judge of that.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by somehow: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2017
So your neighbor is now compared to a demon Jesus recognized even by name? pray tell, what are the names of the demons in your neighbor's body that you want to kill? even Jesus never killed any demon because demons don't die, rather he casted the demons out of the body of that man. he didn't kill the man nor the demon.

Make una dey turn bible upside down to support una wicked prayers that's nor biblical!.

Jesus didn't teach anyone to kill his or her neighbors, infact he told you all to love your neighbor, pray for them that persecute you, bless those who curse you. these were his words... but then this is Nigeria where Christianity is practiced upside down.

ayooluniran:
she/he didn't turn the bible upside down. John20:23 are the very words of Jesus. If you allow evil (demons/powers/witches/ wizards evilen and women) to kill you, you die and go to hell for not exercising the power God gave to you and not fulfilling your destiny. Meanwhile if the evil person repents, they go to heaven.

Christians claiming to be too defended, let me ask you, why are you still sick? Why are you still poor, why are wicked people still prospering and ruling US? Why are christians dying? It's because we have not started to follow the principles of spiritual warfare.

There is a time to love and a time to refrain. The enemies that we should love are not enemies who will attack you spiritually, tie down your star till you're 60years old, and finish you off in an accident. Those enemies know what they are doing. It is we Christians that are ignoramus. The enemies we should love and pray for are those that don't know what they are doing....I.e steals your money, slaps you, those that do things that are more physical in contesting with you.

But once they go spiritual, you've got to fight back, and be on the offensive.

For me, I refuse to give my enemy a free day.

People die because its their time, no freaking demon killed them, you think it's your prayers that's keeping you alive? or you think its because you know how to shout "die die die" that's making you prosper or not fall sick? let me burst your burble, there are millions of people that aren't Christians nor praying your die die prayers, yet are blessed with prosperity and good health, so don't think it's your so called antagonistic prayers that's doing any wonders.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 24, 2017
Absolutely not...
It's one thing to pray for any harm, evil or danger to be removed from one's path.
But it's another thing altogether to be praying death on enemies or anyone....
Although it can be challenging at times, we Christians, are told repeatedly not to behave in the same manner as those who don't know Christ.

Matthew 5: 10-12 (KJV)

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Romans 12:19 (KJV)
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

We should be praying for our enemies to have an encounter with Christ and become converted...
I truly don't understand some people's "brand" of Christianity....
Ir baffles my mind sometimes undecided

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by lovetruth(m): 10:37am On Jul 24, 2017
it just a pity we christain are getting things wrong, Mr satan/enemies cannot die nw u cn either tel God to help them repent or wade them off
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by igho003(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2017
u pray say mk God kill ur enemy if na bad prayer he no go answer am
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
lelvin:

Same Jesus said a man's enemy are within his household.We don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers and rulers of this world. These forces operate using human form to deal with humanity, it's the spirit inside man that we fight with not man himself. Be the case some persons have remained adamant and have made up their mind to deal with their fellow human and so if they refuse to repent of their sins,Yahweh's judgement is upon them. The judgement can be sickness or dead don't forget that the one who has the power to kill is Yahweh
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
uzoclinton:
No we shouldn't...- God say make we pray or our enemies - but that's not what is practiced in Nigerian churches today.... its not the fault of our pastors though. they only tell us what we want to hear.
Yes he said we should pray for our enemies but he didn't give a prayer point,Don't tell me it's Lord's prayer because it's far from it. The enemy in this context is someone who had offended you,who you keep malice with. So praying for them isn't bad but the spiritual enemy manifesting in human form is what most Christians contend with. If a man or woman makes up his mind to kill his fellow man without the knowledge of the other is an enemy hence he wouldn't be spared from Yahweh's rod. We are living in a dangerous world full of wickedness, it's either you are a prey or a attacker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Don't Fool Yourself, Fake Jesus & His Blood Won't Save You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.