Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says (625 Views)

Addiction You Might Never Recover For Life / Why Black Men Never Wear Triangle Underwear? / Relationship Tips: 5 Must Learn Things We All Get To Understand From Breakups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by TimzzyMedia(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2017
British study says men suffer more long-lasting pain from breakups than women.
From experience and all that’s been seen and heard, guys do more of heartbreaking than women.
Thanks to such theories as ‘Yoruba demons’, and the more encompassing idea of ‘Bleep boys’, one gets the picture that women get dumped a lot.
This is not to say women are not heartbreakers too. Of course they are.
As a matter of fact, this poll » suggests that
women do a lot of cheating » than we might be ready to admit.
But who gets most affected by heartbreaks? Who suffers, and who does not?
Researchers from Binghamton University and University College London conducted a study that involved 5,705 participants from 96 countries to rate the emotional and physical pain of a breakup on a scale of one (none) to 10 (unbearable).

The result of the poll shows that women often experience higher levels of both physical and emotional pain.
According to Craig Morris, research associate at Binghamton University and lead author on the study:
“Women averaged 6.84 in terms of emotional anguish versus 6.58 in men. In terms of physical pain, women averaged 4.21 versus men's 3.75.
“While breakups hit women the hardest emotionally and physically, women tend to recover more fully and come out emotionally stronger.
Men, on the other hand, never full recover - they simply move on.”

Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by nddydamzi(f): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
and I thought I was an alien for still thinking about Mary that year..
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by TimzzyMedia(m): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
nddydamzi:
and I thought I was an alien for still thinking about Mary that year..

hmmmmm
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by pryme(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
I stand to be corrected.
But I think it's men that do the craziest things for love.

Ask Spawn that choosed to lead the Devil's army just to see Wanda again.
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by EDIB0B0(m): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Omo they should research well o cus i ave moved on many times
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by nddydamzi(f): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
EDIB0B0:
Omo they should research well o cus i ave moved on many times
either you were not in love or your good at managing your emotions,people handle breakups differently
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Op which men ? Or you mean woMAN wrapper?
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by Mirandah(f): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
well, this research sure as hell stinks! grin

Stereotype is bad.
Re: Men Never Recover From Breakups, Research Says by MissRaine69(f): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
There 7.5 billon people and counting the male population is 3,776,294,273 ( roughly) that study is like most studies a hypothesis. Repeat that on a larger scale and take cultural perceptions into considerations.

(1) (Reply)

The Word 'Broke' Is Becoming Boring By The Day. / Ope And Tunji’s Classy Outdoor Wedding Photos / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.