Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (692281 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by soxhixco: 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2017
gabi101:

hello, lets start from what course you'd like to apply for.?! then we can help you search for it,you check their requirements and from there know which documents is required by each school for application...you can pm me or anyone here whose well informed on how to go about it manually and also feel free to put up any questions.

#CHEERS smiley

Thanks for the reply and I'm honored. Want to apply for health adminstration, I studied microbiology for degree. Not to conversant with how to pm you directly, would have done that. Thanks and I hope to read from you soon

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
sholademi1:
hello good people. Can the gurus assist with any previous motivation letter of someone who has secured admission already? I need it as a guide. thanks

Use this as a guide. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adebowale14: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
soxhixco:

Thanks for the reply and I'm honored. Want to apply for health adminstration, I studied microbiology for degree. Not to conversant with how to pm you directly, would have done that. Thanks and I hope to read from you soon

Please if u studied MCB for ur degree, I'd advice u look for MCB or very closely related courses for ur MSc . I also have bsc in mcb with 2.1 but wen I applied for other courses ( even with specifications that I could) I still got rejection letters.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by stevebent(m): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello. I'm new here. I have read through the thread and from what I understand I can't be admitted with just my SSCE into a BSC program. I have a ND in surveying and geoinformatics, but I wanna study computer science or software engineering now. So how do I go about it? I have no knowledge of German language. I also understand there is option of studying in english language. Can anyone pls recommend or suggest the best way to gain admission in my desired course at undergraduate level? Thks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
soxhixco:

hello,check your email,i sent you a pm. You can use that to reach me anytime...but in the mean time go through the link below(copy and paste everything),there are many courses related to Mcb. check each school requirements to and make your choice. if you encounter any problem,dont hesitate to contact me using the email i address i sent to you.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=2&fos=3&subject[]=400&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&dur[]=8&dur[]=9&dur[]=10&dur[]=11&dur[]=12&dur[]=13&dur[]=14&dur[]=15&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

#ENJOY smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
stevebent:
Hello. I'm new here. I have read through the thread and from what I understand I can't be admitted with just my SSCE into a BSC program. I have a ND in surveying and geoinformatics, but I wanna study computer science or software engineering now. So how do I go about it? I have no knowledge of German language. I also understand there is option of studying in english language. Can anyone pls recommend or suggest the best way to gain admission in my desired course at undergraduate level? Thks

hello steve,welcome to the fam! this how to go about it, go through the link below(copy and paste everything), browse through the courses offered by different schools and make your choice from the related courses to computer science or software engineering as you requested.
Next, you check their(school) requirements and see if you meet them and then you apply by filling the online application form, print and send it along with the other documents required by the schools your applying to, BY POST!...please note that one of the schools offering the course computer science(ULM) charge tuition fee so i advice you seek a better option but if your equal to the task then go ahead with the application. feel free to pm me or anyone here who is well informed incase you encounter any confusions or problem.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=1&fos=3&subject[]=350&subject[]=340&subject[]=330&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&dur[]=8&dur[]=9&dur[]=10&dur[]=11&dur[]=12&dur[]=13&dur[]=14&dur[]=15&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

#ENJOY smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 12:00am On Aug 21, 2017
gabi101:

hello steve,welcome to the fam! this how to go about it, go through the link below(copy and paste everything), browse through the courses offered by different schools and make your choice from the related courses to computer science or software engineering as you requested.
Next, you check their(school) requirements and see if you meet them and then you apply by filling the online application form, print and send it along with the other documents required by the schools your applying to, BY POST!...please note that one of the schools offering the course computer science(ULM) charge tuition fee so i advice you seek a better option but if your equal to the task then go ahead with the application. feel free to pm me or anyone here who is well informed incase you encounter any confusions or problem.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=1&fos=3&subject[]=350&subject[]=340&subject[]=330&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&dur[]=8&dur[]=9&dur[]=10&dur[]=11&dur[]=12&dur[]=13&dur[]=14&dur[]=15&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

#ENJOY smiley

He said he is having a National Diploma certificate, how will that grant him direct admission into Bsc? The first thing is for him/her to be eligible while other things will follow. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 12:04am On Aug 21, 2017
stevebent:

You are right, you can't be. Look for a way of getting 100L transcript may be from NOUN or any other recognised University from Nigeria and apply with it. Meanwhile, you can also check out studentkolleg; but you will need up to be in possession of German language certificate at B1 level. Assuming you have read through the pages like you have said, you would have seen this post:

"Not if possible, but you actually need 100L transcript or A-level which is equivalent to German abitur. However, only WAEC with B1 proficiency in German or as the case may be will get you into studentkolleg. Some schools can also give you a conditional offer with your WAEC and without German proficiency. This will allow you to first learn the language during the first year and proceed to your main program in the following year. However, the road is rough because of the embassy wahala, and few schools do that also." .Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Stargpressy: 4:25am On Aug 21, 2017
your school can never give u official copy it is only students copy which some of these schools abroad dont accept..u can only get official copy if you know your way..am talking about Nigeria, quite me right..
gabi101:

hello, My school gave me mine...i'm not to certain of this your claims,since you have not attended all the universities in Nigeria,i suggest you don't generalize

#PEACE smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Stargpressy: 4:30am On Aug 21, 2017
He is certain and 100% correct
U should just learn or better still ask question concerning d transcript ur skul gave u..
Official transcript can never be given to a student in Nigeria unless u cut corner..
It is only sent to institutions or organizations..
If u know ur way u can still get it from them...
gabi101:

hello,so your saying you gave me mine right(student copy) not original?! Dont just assume what your not too certain of...i rest my case with this issue.

#PEACE smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Stargpressy: 4:32am On Aug 21, 2017
U have said it all.
adebowale14:

Please if u studied MCB for ur degree, I'd advice u look for MCB or very closely related courses for ur MSc . I also have bsc in mcb with 2.1 but wen I applied for other courses ( even with specifications that I could) I still got rejection letters.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by joshuaarmani2: 6:13am On Aug 21, 2017
For Adebowale who inquired about Oldenburg University admission status...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by joshuaarmani2: 6:18am On Aug 21, 2017
adebowale14:
Good evening house,

Please any Oldenburg's students here, its been 4 weeks uniassist sent my evaluation letter to me and since den, no news has come from the university. Enrollment deadline is 2nd of October and I haven't started anything at all. Sigh#

Hello, I also applied to Oldenburg University this winter and uni-assist forwarded my application on the 15th of July. Got a mail from the University on the 3rd of August that I'll hear from them by month end... Surprisingly, I got a mail on Friday (18th August) that my application has been reviewed and was approved and that I should expect admission letter soon. (I applied for Neurocognitive Psychology)I'm telling you this with timeline so as to give you an idea of how long mine took, and how long yours might take too.Don't give up!Kind Regards.# WinterIsHere

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by soxhixco: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2017
gabi101:

hello,check your email,i sent you a pm. You can use that to reach me anytime...but in the mean time go through the link below(copy and paste everything),there are many courses related to Mcb. check each school requirements to and make your choice. if you encounter any problem,dont hesitate to contact me using the email i address i sent to you.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=2&fos=3&subject[]=400&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&dur[]=8&dur[]=9&dur[]=10&dur[]=11&dur[]=12&dur[]=13&dur[]=14&dur[]=15&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

#ENJOY smiley

Thanks so much. Got the email but not sure I really do get it right though but here's my mail, you can mail me and I will have to reply you ASAP. soxhixco@ymail.com.... Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by soxhixco: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
soxhixco:

Thanks so much. Got the email but not sure I really do get it right though but here's my mail, you can mail me and I will have to reply you ASAP. soxhixco@ymail.com.... Thanks

I just checked a course close to microbiology
Master of Science in Molecular Biology & Evolution (MAMBE) • Kiel University • Kiel
Not sure there's admission this year any longer. You can update me on that too. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2017
honourableseyi:

He said he is having a National Diploma certificate, how will that grant him direct admission into Bsc? The first thing is for him/her to be eligible while other things will follow. Shalom

Thanks for correcting that notion. I would have corrected him there but considering the fact that he has argued wrongly before, I just have to avoid arguing with him.

@Stevebent
You will get all the info's you need here. That's y this group was created in the first place. I won't advice you to start sending Private Messages

to anyone. Except mayb you wan't to discuss something personal or private.

BigUps & Have a GoodDay
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Iyke84: 7:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Good morning everyone, I am new here but let me start by saying that everyone here is doing an amazing job. I really appreciate that. please I have a question to ask and I will appreciate an urgent response. I studied Chemical Engineering (FUTO) but I want to go for mathematics for my masters. Is mathematics Chemical related course? and if yes which school will be OK for me? Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2017
Stargpressy:
He is certain and 100% correct
U should just learn or better still ask question concerning d transcript ur skul gave u..
Official transcript can never be given to a student in Nigeria unless u cut corner..
It is only sent to institutions or organizations..
If u know ur way u can still get it from them...

cheesy

I hope he listens to you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adebowale14: 8:06am On Aug 21, 2017
joshuaarmani2:

Hello, I also applied to Oldenburg University this winter and uni-assist forwarded my application on the 15th of July. Got a mail from the University on the 3rd of August that I'll hear from them by month end... Surprisingly, I got a mail on Friday (18th August) that my application has been reviewed and was approved and that I should expect admission letter soon. (I applied for Neurocognitive Psychology)I'm telling you this with timeline so as to give you an idea of how long mine took, and how long yours might take too.Don't give up!Kind Regards.# WinterIsHere

Wow! Thank you so much for this update. I never got a mail, although I got the first mail but the second mail wasn't sent to me. Now i am getting worried, uni assist's evaluation said I have an average mark of 1,9. Do I have a chance of getting admission? Hmm!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Nawa ooo. Oversabi plenty gan, even when dem still dey naija.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by stevebent(m): 9:00am On Aug 21, 2017
neccki:

Thanks for correcting that notion. I would have corrected him there but considering the fact that he has argued wrongly before, I just have to avoid arguing with him.

@Stevebent
You will get all the info's you need here. That's y this group was created in the first place. I won't advice you to start sending Private Messages

to anyone. Except mayb you wan't to discuss something personal or private.

BigUps & Have a GoodDay
Thank you. Which do you think is better? Going through the NOUN route or studentkolleg?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2017
stevebent:

Thank you. Which do you think is better? Going through the NOUN route or studentkolleg?

MyOwnOpinion: NOUN is easier.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by stevebent(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2017
neccki:

MyOwnOpinion: NOUN is easier.
Thank you necki. So let's say I have my 100l transcript from noun what do I need to do next? What other documents? And when sending documents to uniassit will I still include my SSCE since I now have a 100l transcript?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lammydamsel: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2017
Job well done all nairalanders. I sent a mail today to the Consulate regarding Students' visa appointment and got the response; "fully booked for the Winter Semester, you are welcome to book for Summer"!. My enrollment deadline is 10th of November.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2017
Lammydamsel:
Job well done all nairalanders. I sent a mail today to the Consulate regarding Students' visa appointment and got the response; "fully booked for the Winter Semester, you are welcome to book for Summer"!. My enrollment deadline is 10th of November.
so definitely german consulate office will be fully open for summer semester session. All the best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2017
honourableseyi:

oh yes that probably skipped my mind. though i saw that and was about to include it ,that he needs to have HND or at least a 100lvl transcript from any university to be eligible for a bsc application...thanks for the notification @Seyi smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ifedee06: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2017
Hello everyone, please is there anyone for TU Berlin Innovation Management,Entrepreneurship and Sustainability in the house?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2017
stevebent:
Thank you necki. So let's say I have my 100l transcript from noun what do I need to do next? What other documents? And when sending documents to uniassit will I still include my SSCE since I now have a 100l transcript?

Thank you necki. So let's say I have my 100l transcript from noun what do I need to do next?

You will have to go thru DAAD to look for the courses you are interested in applying to. Just go thru the link @gabi101 sent to you earlier.

Check for the University Website & Click thru the link. The link will refer you to The Schools Webpage and there you will see their Full Admission Requirement for the course

What other documents?

Once you follow thru the 1st Step I explained above You will see the other required docs.

In Addition, you will have to either Write an English Lang. proficiency test (IELTS or TOEFL) or Get a Letter from the school (NOUN)

where u got your Transcript that you studied in English Lang

And when sending documents to uniassit will I still include my SSCE since I now have a 100l transcript?

Absolutely!........They will need both.

BUT you will have to register on Uni-assist website first. Fill out the forms accurately, upload all the requested documents (You will see them there) and pay for them to process your application.

I hope these helps.

BlessUp.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by stevebent(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2017
neccki:

You will have to go thru DAAD to look for the courses you are interested in applying to. Just go thru the link @gabi101 sent to you earlier.

Check for the University Website & Click thru the link. The link will refer you to The Schools Webpage and there you will see their Full Admission Requirement for the course

Once you follow thru the 1st Step I explained above You [/i]will see the other required docs.

In Addition, you will have to either [i]Write an English Lang. proficiency test
(IELTS or TOEFL) or Get a Letter from the school (NOUN)

where u got your Transcript that you studied in English Lang

Absolutely!........They will need both.

BUT you will have to register on Uni-assist website first. Fill out the forms accurately, upload all the requested documents (You will see them there) and pay for them to process your application.

I hope these helps.

BlessUp.

Thanks a lot ma'am. Hope to see you in Germany soon grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2017
soxhixco:

I just checked a course close to microbiology
Master of Science in Molecular Biology & Evolution (MAMBE) • Kiel University • Kiel
Not sure there's admission this year any longer. You can update me on that too. Thanks

hello,i think by now most, if not all schools should be closed for winter, so you have to prepare apply for summer sept-nov (thats if they have summer application) or winter feb-july withing those range

#CHEERS! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Iyke84:
Good morning everyone, I am new here but let me start by saying that everyone here is doing an amazing job. I really appreciate that. please I have a question to ask and I will appreciate an urgent response. I studied Chemical Engineering (FUTO) but I want to go for mathematics for my masters. Is mathematics Chemical related course? and if yes which school will be OK for me? Thanks!

hello welcome to the fam! from what i checked through the daad website, mathematics has some little closeness to engineering(related) but i think its not much of a problem. All you have to do is prepare a good motivation letter as some schools will require it and be ready to convince the VO why you opted for that course(mathematics) instead.
which school will be OK for you,??! thats left for you to decide after surfing through the link below...but feel free to always put up any questions to me or anyone here whose well informed if you encounter any problem or confusion beyond you,help is always available.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=2&fos=3&subject[]=340&subject[]=330&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&dur[]=8&dur[]=9&dur[]=10&dur[]=11&dur[]=12&dur[]=13&dur[]=14&dur[]=15&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

#ENJOY! smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hello house please I need to confirm this. I friend of mine told me that her application was approved last month by Uni assist and she did you pay any 75 euros. She is heading to Rhine waal University but yet to get an admission. I advised her to call the school to know if her application has been sent to them.

I have been admitted oo. I'm just trying to help a friend of mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.