Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (694031 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ikechukwu09(m): 11:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hi all,

I recently applied to two universities in Germany: University of Erfurt and Passau.

But my concern now is a bit of discreapeancies on the names on some of my documents. Though they're not so obvious, but I'd like to know if it'd lead them to question the authenticity of the documents.

On my waec: my middle name Joseph is written as Josep, without "h"
On my bachelor's degree statement of result, Ikechukwu was spelt as ikechkukwu and on another document, s letter was missing from my surname. I wanted to confirm if this errors might mean anything serious.

Also, in some documents, the ordering of my name was different. Some had Surname, firstname, middlename, others had surname, middle name, first name. Hope this won't be a problem too.

Abeg na beg I dey. Anybody with idea about something like this should please advice.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Bethiano(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2017
Johnnyessence:
thanks for your concern bro. I really plea to the school to defer my admission to summer semester, but they said isn't part of their policy. Well I have make some enquiries about the summer semester in the school too. The summer semester application for the school will commence from december 1 till jan. 15 of next year. But bro as it stand, I just have to apply to any school that's offering my course. I heard hamburg city is part of the city that people hustle too. Thanks for following bro.

Your written English is improving.

Keep it up. Don't relent. Make conscious efforts to continuously improve. Learning is a steady state of "Being".

I understood how you felt when everybody was complaining of your bad grammar. They love you and want the best for you, that's the reason it seemed as though they were attacking you. No, they were only concerned.
As responsible civil adults, they saw the need to protect our collective destiny as a people and that of generations to come.

Thank you for accepting the rod of correction in good faith.

I wish you well.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ifechez: 8:19am On Sep 04, 2017
OJCITY22:

But bros, no vex ooooo. I am sure you have received series of info, and as well the best way to make do with daad.de. I know it's not easy as a starter in a new thread, but all the same why don't you follow the link that you were referred to. Am sure you will be very much elated when you see various courses you might as well put in for. I want to believe you have eyes on Geographic information system as well apart from environmental management.

Tanx for your reply. Sincerely I have gone through the link and have seen quite a couple of courses but I have a challenge in the application deadline time. Most of them seems to be on winter period even when I looking at January 2018.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2017
ifechez:

Tanx for your reply. Sincerely I have gone through the link and have seen quite a couple of courses but I have a challenge in the application deadline time. Most of them seems to be on winter period even when I looking at January 2018.

Then apply for summer. Summer applications are now open in some universities. Summer usually opens around Sept/Oct. - Jan. And admissions

will be out by Feb/March.

BigUps
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ifechez: 8:36am On Sep 04, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:
For those who are yet to be interviewed and are unable to get a WAEC scratch card and also based in PH, just hola me from now till monday, i have one to give out as it wasn't tampared with by the embassy. I am done with my interview and secured my Visa. Just the little way I can help to someone finding it difficult to get a waec scratch card.

Please bro, if you are in Portharcourt I will need ur help. Can we arrange a meeting. You can drop ur email let me reach out or pm me. I can't send pm. Tanx
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ifechez: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2017
neccki:

Then apply for summer. Summer applications are now open in some universities. Summer usually opens around Sept/Oct. - Jan. And admissions

will be out by Feb/March.

BigUps

Tanx babe. Are you in Portharcourt?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2017
ifechez:

Ok, but you never can tell. Try to check through other medium. There might be other schools that accept students for summer.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2017
ifechez:

Tanx babe. Are you in Portharcourt?

Nah!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dprinz99(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
ifechez:

Hey bro,same case here
I'm trying to apply for a enviromental related course but most are for winter session although I've seen few for summer.we can relate and talk more
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ifechez: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
dprinz99:

Hey bro,same case here
I'm trying to apply for a enviromental related course but most are for winter session although I've seen few for summer.we can relate and talk more

OK bro. Reach me on newbetterphase@gmail.com.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by legacy30: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
How long does it take to get blocking confirmation

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by legacy30: 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
honourableseyi:

Have you checked your fintiba account online to know if the complete money has been credited? You can do that online. Shalom

Apart from checking you document section is there any other way of checking your fintiba account online.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ifedee06: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello everyone,please who knows anything about changing schools in Germany,I mean the process involved?Say you got your visa using the letter from one school but would prefer to attend another school.Is this allowed? Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by glucklichewelt: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
ninered:

What I did was submit my passport, travel insurance + photocopy, printout of the a.m mail and a printout of my booking ticket from Turkish airlines(as indication of date of travel)... Hope it helps and Congrats.

Hello ninered,

Pls did you buy one way or return ticket? Thank u as I await your response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Tinder: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
arieshybrid:
Still hoping to mail or get mailed by anyone living in schweinfurt or schooling at FHWS, schweinfurt campus.

I need make urgent Enquiries.

Thank you and God bless.

Have you gotten your visa? I'm waiting for mine. Though it isn't up to 4 to 6 weeks yet after my interview.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bethiano:

Your written English is improving.

Keep it up. Don't relent. Make conscious efforts to continuously improve. Learning is a steady state of "Being".

I understood how you felt when everybody was complaining of your bad grammar. They love you and want the best for you, that's the reason it seemed as though they were attacking you. No, they were only concerned.
As responsible civil adults, they saw the need to protect our collective destiny as a people and that of generations to come.

Thank you for accepting the rod of correction in good faith.

I wish you well.
thanks for your reply here. Well am learning by the day. Well I have a blog that I do read and write before I post. In all no mistake has no master.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
glucklichewelt:

Hello ninered,

Pls did you buy one way or return ticket? Thank u as I await your response.
One way ticket...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Donald2017: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
I'm seriously Interested in Learning German, But I have been searching for schools, language centers or even Private lesson teachers in Akwa Ibom State that I can apply to, so far I have gotten none. A Copper friend once told me that there's a center for European Languages around Ibom Plaza in Uyo where one can learn German (Deutsch) as well, but I have searched for it and asked around as well, I can't find it.

Please anyone with any info on where to laern German (Deutsch) in Akwa Ibom State should share the information with me.

Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by elvis190: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Good evening all...pls, is there anyone on d thread datz going for an MA in germo and is a graduate of French or foreign languages??...pls, indicate coz I will love us to relate...tanx
P.S pls, I will also appreciate referrals of pple who are already in germo dat studied the aforementioned courses in dia B.A .
Tanx as I await ur respose...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
Donald2017:
I'm seriously Interested in Learning German, But I have been searching for schools, language centers or even Private lesson teachers in Akwa Ibom State that I can apply to, so far I have gotten none. A Copper friend once told me that there's a center for European Languages around Ibom Plaza in Uyo where one can learn German (Deutsch) as well, but I have searched for it and asked around as well, I can't find it.

Please anyone with any info on where to laern German (Deutsch) in Akwa Ibom State should share the information with me.

Thanks!

Goethe Institut Lagos
Catholic Mission St, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by esdajo: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
Dear fellow Nairalanders, a brother is looking to relocate from Frankfurt Oder in Brandenburg to Bonn/Koln area. Please, I need assistance with accommodation around these areas and any information relating to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend you all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Reddev: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
I really don't know about this,but I'm sure the embassy will request for the purpose of her travel. However, I don't think it's possible since Blocked accounts are strictly for students (I think).
haidar1985:

hello
I want to apply for german student visa, and my wife wants to accompany me, when i open blocked account, is one account enough in finitiba? putting the amount multiply by two for two persons?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Donald2017: 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yeah, I know of Goethe-Istitut Lagos already, but I'm also working in Akwa Ibom state, so it's quit difficult for me to choose learning German over my current job, but if I could learn it in Akwa Ibom state, I guess that would be a win win for me. All the same Thanks! kiss kiss kiss
DisturbingEU:

Goethe Institut Lagos
Catholic Mission St, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by legacy30: 6:19am On Sep 05, 2017
Donald2017:

Thanks!

Maybe you can try some online tutorials for example getting apps like Duolingo or learning german and also on youtube you can go to channels like learning german with Jenny
Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 9:17am On Sep 05, 2017
I have posted this before but based on popular demand I'll post it again!! with a lil editing...

STEPS TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY (Student Visa route)
For Summer and Winter 2018.

1. Decide that you want to study in Germany
2. Find a program/University of your choice
Tip: search daad.de, study-in de, school website etc
3. Get all required documents
4. Certify photocopy of documents at German embassy/high court/notary public
5. Apply to the university through uni-assist or directly by post to school address or school website (depends on school's direction)
6. Receive admission letter(s)
7. i) Open a block account with Fintiba or Deutsche Bank
ii) or get sponsorship letter from a sponsor living in Germany(with 1500euro monthly salary)
iii) or Scholarship
8. Book appointment for VISA interview with your admission letter, Block account opening and passport datapage as instructed on the German Embassy website (**policy may change)
9. Interview proper
10. Waiting period (have a doctor's number on your speed dial grin )
11. The A.M mail drops...CONGRATS
12. Get travel insurance and book flight ticket... Submit passport for stamping of visa @ embassy and other documents as requested in the A.M mail
13. STUDENT VISUM cool
14. Port to Germany

DISCLAIMER; The above content is based on personal research, hearsays and other people's experience...You are fully and soley responsible for any actions or results, should you choose to act on the above information.

SOURCES; Google, daad.de, German embassy website, family/friends living in Germany, Personal experience.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Raemond(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2017
honourableseyi:

Have you checked your fintiba account online to know if the complete money has been credited? You can do that online. Shalom

I have been checking it daily but nothing yet....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Raemond(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2017
legacy30:

Apart from checking you document section is there any other way of checking your fintiba account online.

There is an option to check account balance, been checking mine daily too, paid since 22nd August, got. debited 30th.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Raemond(m): 9:48am On Sep 05, 2017
neccki:

The last time I used TNT it cost me 7,000. But a friend who recently used it said it's now 12,000. I stand to be corrected tho. And DHL

cost about 18k. Both TNT & DHL will deliver ur letter withing 3 working days.

But Nipost will not cost you more than 2k. But please only use Nipost if you are in Lagos. Precisely MM2 NAHCO Office it will take them at most

2 weeks while other branches could take a month.

BlessUp

When sending documents via DHL, always ask for student discount. I sent mine for 11,600 instead of original 18k.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kolaa007(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
pls i need information on how to apply for business visa to germany...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by sleekicon(f): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=neccki post=60087342
Hey neccki, would you mind if I sent you a pm? [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
sleekicon:
Hey neccki, would you mind if I sent you a pm?

No p.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.