Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693762 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 30, 2017
SleekAB:
Hello my people... It's been quite a while, yeah I know. Na many things cause am, let me leave it at that for now.
I'd like to specially thank everyone who's been contributing on this platform to help others actualise their dreams.
Y'all are too numerous to mention, keep it up... You'll get even more in return.

Special thanks also to everyone who took the the time to answer my queries during this winter semester process, you immensely helped me attain this new reality.

Had my interview on the 10th August, got a reminder to send blocked account confirmation on August 29th, sent confirmation on the 9th/11th September and my AM arrived yesterday morning (29th September).

Frankly, the waiting period can be quite harrowing and disorienting. However, I observed that arming oneself with information from this platform and elsewhere can give one a calming and quietly confident effect.

To those who are looking to apply or get in the process, one thing I can confidently tell you is, 'Information is king!'. Read up as much as you can from this platform and everywhere else necessary, ask not-so-obvious personal questions as it affects you and arm yourself with all the information you can get. I assure that you shall succeed.

Thank you!

Told you. Atlast, it came to reality.
Go to Germany and succeed.
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ned4delux(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2017
ibksolar:

I ransacked this site all through yesterday but did not find where to book particularly for certification of documents.

I only found those for short and long visa visits.

Please if you have the exact url, kindly avail.

Thanks again.

Please anyone with solution to this, as I hope to certify my documents soon too.

Ned4delux:
[color=#006600][/color]

www.nigeria.diplo.de
I can't find it on this URL. Please help.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2017
@ibksolar
@Ned4delux

German Embassy Lagos Online Appointment Booking

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en

Go down to Legal and Consular Affairs grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2017
Ninered reporting live from NRW, Germany. cool

Its been over a week I arrived and I swear this country dey sweet me die!!! But to be honest the hustle is real and to make it you need to work it.
Congrats to all those who got their visa this winter and success to those applying.
A lil tip to those arriving make sure you have google map and the DB navigator app. Its difficult to stop someone and start asking for direction especially if your German is below average.
If you can do a 3days crash program in German language before coming, pls do.
Yesterday I decided to take the train on my own with the small german I know... I didn't want to bother my friend anymore who has been of extreme help since I started this German dream (may God bless him & make him prosper).
Unfortunately for me my connecting train was switched from platform 2 to 10 and I didn't even hear the announcement even to read the notice on the board pass me embarassed. I just stood there waiting for 45mins like mumu. Nah later I gather mind approach two guys hoping they'll hear small English. They helped me locate a new connection to my destination after exchanging a series of cut & join English & German grin . When I got home I told my friend & other flat mates about my experience that day nah so all of them burst laugh grin
#mydreamscometrue

18 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SleekAB: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Thanks OJ! You too will come good very soon smiley

OJCITY22:

Told you. Atlast, it came to reality.
Go to Germany and succeed.
Congratulations!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
SleekAB:
Thanks OJ! You too will come good very soon smiley
Amen, thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
ninered:

Its been over a week I arrived and I swear this country dey sweet me die!!! But to be honest the hustle is real and to make it you need to work it.
Congrats to all those who got their visa this winter and success to those applying.
A lil tip to those arriving make sure you have google map and the DB navigator app. Its difficult to stop someone and start asking for direction especially if your German is below average.
Yesterday I decided to take the train on my own with the small german I know... I didn't want to bother my friend anymore who has been of extreme help since I started this German dream (may God bless him & make him prosper).
Unfortunately for me my connecting train was switched from platform 2 to 10 and I didn't even hear the announcement even to read the notice on the board pass me embarassed. I just stood there waiting for 45mins like mumu. Nah later I gather mind approach two guys hoping they'll hear small English. They helped me locate a new connection to my destination after exchanging a series of cut & join English & German grin . When I got home I told my friend & other flat mates about my experience that day nah so all of them burst laugh grin
#mydreamscometrue

Nice. Thanks to Jah for journey mercies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
OJCITY22:

Nice. Thanks to Jah for journey mercies
Thanks bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
ninered:

#mydreamscometrue

Lol good you decided to take the train on your own. Google maps is a really great app. With it you won't need to ask people for direction.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by haybellfire(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
SleekAB:
Hello my people... It's been quite a while, yeah I know. Na many things cause am, let me leave it at that for now.
I'd like to specially thank everyone who's been contributing on this platform to help others actualise their dreams.
Y'all are too numerous to mention, keep it up... You'll get even more in return.

Special thanks also to everyone who took the the time to answer my queries during this winter semester process, you immensely helped me attain this new reality.

Had my interview on the 10th August, got a reminder to send blocked account confirmation on August 29th, sent confirmation on the 9th/11th September and my AM arrived yesterday morning (29th September).

Frankly, the waiting period can be quite harrowing and disorienting. However, I observed that arming oneself with information from this platform and elsewhere can give one a calming and quietly confident effect.

To those who are looking to apply or get in the process, one thing I can confidently tell you is, 'Information is king!'. Read up as much as you can from this platform and everywhere else necessary, ask not-so-obvious personal questions as it affects you and arm yourself with all the information you can get. I assure that you shall succeed.

Thank you!
Congratulatons bro am really happy to hear about this I don call ir no taya i been dey think say U don fly sef no worry nah we go Jam for Deutschland. Cheers bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by rapheeky(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
D meaning of greiß should b semolina in English.
Jigba:

Lol good you decided to take the train on your own. Google maps is a really great app. With it you won't need to ask people for direction.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by rapheeky(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
D meaning of greiß should b semolina in English. If I'm not wrong .
Jigba:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
rapheeky:
D meaning of greiß should b semolina in English. If I'm not wrong .
Thanks
You are right
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
ninered:

#mydreamscometrue

I burst to laugh too. Well don't be in a horry to know things quick. Just be taking it one step at a time. You are good to go to your destination. Congrats bro. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
SleekAB:

Thank you!
congrats.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Jigba:

That yesterday at the Bahnhof was something else grin... As from now I'll use google map like its my Bible.
Thanks sis.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
Johnnyessence:
I burst to laugh too. Well don't be in a horry to know things quick. Just be taking it one step at a time. You are good to go to your destination. Congrats bro. All the best.
Oh Thanks...ninered is a sis smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
ninered:

Oh Thanks...ninered is a sis smiley
oh sorry i don't know that you are a female.well congrats once again.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by heybaby12(f): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
Thanks to you all contributing here, each time I am down and feel like forgetting about this dream someone's testimony gives me hope. Thank you all

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oluolu23(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
pls has anyone gone for an employment visa interview at the German embassy in Nigeria?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oluolu23(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
has anyone gone for an employment visa interview before at the German embassy?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by billiondd: 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
Please, I wanna ask.. My bag containing my int. passport was stolen. However, I've got a soft copy of the passport in my laptop. Can I apply to schools with that in the meantime or do I need to go and retrieve the stolen one? I was @ NIS office in my city (Warri) and was told that a new passport would cost me 55k, since it is a case of "lost or stolen passport". What do I do guys?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by arieshybrid: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
billiondd:
Please, I wanna ask.. My bag containing my int. passport was stolen. However, I've got a soft copy of the passport in my laptop. Can I apply to schools with that in the meantime or do I need to go and retrieve the stolen one? I was @ NIS office in my city (Warri) and was told that a new passport would cost me 55k, since it is a case of "lost or stolen passport". What do I do guys?

Apply..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
billiondd:
am sorry for your lost but am sure they just want to rip you off some cash it should never be more than 30k its just like applying for renewal since you have a copy of the old one. Do you need passport to apply to schools or are you refering to visa or block fund ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by paulynpen(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
dailydolar:
am sorry for your lost but am sure they just want to rip you off some cash it should never be more than 30k its just like applying for renewal since you have a copy of the old one. Do you need passport to apply to schools or are you refering to visa or block fund ?
Its not true. A lost or stolen passport is more expensive. Before now you can only do such passport in abuja I dont know if they have changed it. Even for correction of data on your passport expect to part with about 60k or more

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by arieshybrid: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
paulynpen:

Its not true. A lost or stolen passport is more expensive. Before now you can only do such passport in abuja I dont know if they have changed it. Even for correction of data on your passport expect to part with about 60k or more

Yeah, true..replacing a lost PP is far more expensive than renewal or a new PP.
I heard its now done in Lag, if not, get ready to go Abj..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
arieshybrid:

Yeah, true..replacing a lost PP is far more expensive than renewal or a new PP.
I heard its now done in Lag, if not, get ready to go Abj..
i am not talking about what i dont know if you have a copy its not sam as when u dont have a copy sir i even know of a guy we i did one for in bayelsa it was at d point of capture that dey discovered he has one already before he no told them it is missing and we just droped like 2k to the officer and we still got it same day so bros the main thing is to get that copy with you so they can use it to apply for new one. Naija just like scam if not you only need police report and the copy of d data page of the missing or stolen one thats all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by goldenchild4: 1:45am On Oct 02, 2017
plz guys help,im looking for admission in germany for summer session
wen is d right time to app[y?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2017
billiondd:

You will need to certify that international passport(paper form) since it's a photocopy and that is if you are sending by postal mail(if asked by your school to send)

and I think getting back a new international passport for stolen/lost cases is more expensive than getting a new one for the Ist time.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 5:23am On Oct 02, 2017
goldenchild4:
plz guys help,im looking for admission in germany for summer session
wen is d right time to app[y?

summer application for schools accepting open this month/mid month till Nov 30 for non EU or probably till Jan 15. check daad.de/en
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by asaju10(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2017
Immafrank:

summer application for schools accepting open this month/mid month till Nov 30 for non EU or probably till Jan 15. check daad.de/en
The courses displaying on daad. de are mostly winter course or does it mean It's still early to check for courses? Pls i need clarification on this.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.