Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,489 members, 7,826,841 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community (712 Views)

Zamfara First Lady Donates Motorcycle To Girl Who Trekked 2 Klm To School / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Tony Nwulu Celebrates His 38th Birthday With Donations To Widows In Imo Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by OrientDailyNews: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri

Tears of joy flowed freely in Oraifite town in Egwuis­go Local Government Area of Anambra State recently when the first lady of Imo State, Mrs. Nkechi Rochas Okorocha commissioned tastefully fur­nished five two-bedroom bun­galows for five widows in the five villages in the community.

The newly donated homes were part of the 200 buildings the Imo first lady had built so far for various widows, espe­cially in Imo State through her pet project, ‘She Needs A Roof Programme’ (SNARP).

The initiative, according to Mrs. Okorocha was designed to ameliorate the sufferings of the widows and their children by providing them with com­fortable apartments and fi­nancial empowerment to start their own business.

She expressed joy that the awareness she had created with SNARP had been yielding good fruits across the South- East as some individuals had keyed into her vision by erect­ing buildings for the homeless in their communities.

The five two-bedroom bun­galows, handed over to the beneficiaries, were built by Mrs. Okorocha in support of Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF), whose president, Sir Emeka Offor, is a native of Oraifite in Anambra State. The beneficiaries were Mrs. Au­gustina Oba from Ezumeri Oar­ifite; Mrs. Theresa Iwuchuk­wu from Isingu Oraifite; Mrs. Chinenye Onyekwum from Ibolo Oraifite; Mrs. Christiana Chukwugelo and Mrs. Nonye Igbokwe from Awor Oraifite.

Mrs Okorocha, who is the chairperson of the Southern Nigeria Governors’ Wives Fo­rum, disclosed during the com­missioning, that she decided to extend SNARP initiative to Anambra State “to bring back smiles on the faces of those who have forgotten what smile is all about.

“This is not politics. But we have a responsibility to assist the downtrodden in the so­ciety. What is the purpose of living if we cannot use the lit­tle we have to touch the lives of the people in need and put smiles on their faces”, she said.

According to her, the facil­ities donated to the Oraifite widows through her NGO were done with no strings attached, stressing that she had to em­power the women financially to commence any business of their choice to prevent them from begging and messing around as they were all very young widows.

She hailed Sir Emeka Offor for attracting her to the communi­ty to be part of the history in the lives of the five indigent wid­ows, urging him to continue to look after the poor the much he could. She assured that she would continue to seek col­laboration until many indigent and homeless widows in the society have decent roofs over their head.

Earlier in her reaction, the Vice President of Sir Emeka Of­for Foundation, Barr. (Mrs.) Ad­aora Offor, said she was finding it difficult not to cry because of the pathetic stories of the women. “I think you are creat­ed by God for this purpose—to give hope to the hopeless and real succour to the needy. I am really touched and encour­aged.” The beneficiaries ex­pressed gratitude to the wife of the Imo State governor for being a vessel through which God lifted them from poverty. They described the gesture as a watershed in their lives and prayed the Almighty God to bless and reward her abun­dantly.

Read Also
Rochas Okorocha Makes 305 Youth Millionaires

https://www.nairaland.com/3939585/rochas-okorocha-makes-305-youth

Source
https://orientdailynews.com/joy-in-anambra-community-as-imo-first-lady-donates-houses-to-widows/

CC: Seun , Lalasticlala , mynd44

Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by CAPSLOCKED: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2017

I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S A PROBLEM WITH MY EYES OR WHAT, BUT THE TITLE READS;

"IMO STATE FIRST LADY DONATES HOUSES TO WIDOWS IN ANAMBRA COMMUNITY"

IS IT THAT THERE ARE NO WIDOWS IN IMO STATE OR EVERYONE OVER THERE ALL HAVE HOUSES TO THE EXTENT THAT EVEN THEIR DOGS LIVE IN PERSONAL FLATS, OR WHAT?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

1 Like

Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by OrientDailyNews: 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by ruggedized1: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hopeless fat illiterate. You and your useless husband should stay far from my dear state with your propaganda.
Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S A PROBLEM WITH MY EYES OR WHAT, BUT THE TITLE READS;

"IMO STATE FIRST LADY DONATES HOUSES TO WIDOWS IN ANAMBRA COMMUNITY"

IS IT THAT THERE ARE NO WIDOWS IN IMO STATE OR EVERYONE OVER THERE ALL HAVE HOUSES TO THE EXTENT THAT EVEN THEIR DOGS LIVE IN PERSONAL FLATS, OR WHAT?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!
She has an NGO that helps widows throughout the south-east and she is being supported financial by Igbos from all over. So, it's not a government initiative as she is not an elected politician.

5 Likes

Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by Etogist: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
You left all the widows in Imo and came to Anambra. You're really a super woman. Kwontinue.
Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by nextprince: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
The houses legitimately belonging to those widows and the orphans must had been taken by their greedy in-laws.

Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by CAPSLOCKED: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

She has an NGO that helps widows throughout the south-east and she is being supported financial by Igbos from all over. So, it's not a government initiative as she is not an elected politician.

HELPING WIDOWS WITH HOUSES WHEN THEY HAVE ZERO BANK ACCOUNT BALANCE AND A COUPLE OF "NOT-IN-SCHOOL" CHILDREN... WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THAT? angry

I DON'T THINK I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT THE BENEFICIARIES OF THIS TRASH ARE THE ALREADY RICH AND POWERFUL WOMEN.

THE POOR GETS NOTHING, APART FROM A FEW PACKS OF SALT AND SOME CUPS OF RICE! undecided
Re: Imo State First Lady Donates Houses To Widows In Anambra Community by ruggedized1: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
Who told you it is not political propaganda? This fat useless husband and wife are known for always playing politics with every damn thing. They are now trying to bring their empty propaganda to Anambra but they will be resisted.

Afam4eva:

(1) (Reply)

“buhari Is Back To Life, Walked, Cracked Jokes” – Governors (video) / Your Mumu Don Do - Asari Dokubo Tells Charlie Boy After he was Teargassed(video) / Quit Notice On Igbos Sponsored By Politicians In Presidential Villa–arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.