Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. (1588 Views)

Why Christianity Is Fake (Religion As A Whole) / Apostle Lawrence Achudume Asks Members To Drop N5K In His Hand For Blessing / Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
Religion is in every country. The developed, developing and underdeveloped all have religion. So can religion be one the causes of backwardness in Africa? Yes it is, infact a major cause.

Why the religious Americans and Europeans are wasting time in the church, their atheist and agnostic scientists, even few "unserious" religious scientists, are working tirelessly moving their countries forward. Don't forget that they are sponsored by the government and their environments are topnotch and great for learning. So while the religious folks are whiling away their precious time, the scientists effectively fill the gap to move the country forward. grin

The same can't be said for Nigeria and Africa at large. We don't have these scientists in great number, our universities are nothing to write home about neither is our environment. We even take these religious stuff too far. So tell me, who need to drop religion the most and quickest? How can our leaders and influential personalities loot this country mercilessly and all we can do is rant and say that our future is in God's hands?

The politicians, after looting, will say the country needs prayers and many will be touched. What foolishness. The country is in a very bad state for religion to continue reigning in Nigeria. Our pastors and politicians are smart. Just like other rich folks, they profess their God in their comfort but in health crisis or any challenge, they use their resources to do the needful only for them to profess God in their comfort.

We need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by whitebeard(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
We simply dont have the knowledge. Nigerian illiteracy level is very high so if after dumping religion how will this improve the country if no one is acquiring knowledge. Cause u are feeling like u are making sense.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Aaronsrod: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
Religion is in every country. The developed, developing and underdeveloped all have religion. So can religion be one the causes of backwardness in Africa? Yes it is, infact a major cause.

Why the religious Americans and Europeans are wasting time in the church, their atheist and agnostic scientists, even few "unserious" religious scientists, are working tirelessly moving their countries forward. Don't forget that they are sponsored by the government and their environments are topnotch and great for learning. So while the religious folks are whiling away their precious time, the scientists effectively fill the gap to move the country forward. grin

The same can't be said for Nigeria and Africa at large. We don't have these scientists in great number, our universities are nothing to write home about neither is our environment. We even take these religious stuff too far. So tell me, who need to drop religion the most and quickest? How can our leaders and influential personalities loot this country mercilessly and all we can do is rant and say that our future is in God's hands?

The politicians, after looting, will say the country needs prayers and many will be touched. What foolishness. The country is in a very bad state for religion to continue reigning in Nigeria. Our pastors and politicians are smart. Just like other rich folks, they profess their God in their comfort but in health crisis or any challenge, they use their resources to do the needful only for them to profess God in their comfort.

We need to wake up.

You are being used by Satan. Repent and do not lead our people astray. If we do not worship Jesus the devil will return to Africa and take us.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Niflheim(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Religion=anti-evolution

Religion=anti stem cell implants

Religion= anti Big Bang astronomy

Religion=anti climate change

RELIGION: BREEDING BUFFOONS AND BABOONS BECAUSE BEING A "BRAINLESS BELIEVER" IS BETTER!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by GoodMuyis(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nonsense writeup

Go and said that in Dubai,

==Modified==

Go and said that in Dubai, KSA, Israel, India, Taiwan etc, then you will be school on Good governance, visionary leaders etc as key to national development
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Nonsense writeup

Go and said that in Dubai,

==Modified==

Go and said that in Dubai, KSA, Israel, India, Taiwan etc, then you will be school on Good governance, visionary leaders etc as key to national development
we are very different from them, our mentality is different. I didn't say religion is our sole problem. I think you have to read my post again. I hate coming in contact with people who have low comprehensive ability.

Please read my post again.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
whitebeard:
We simply dont have the knowledge. Nigerian illiteracy level is very high so if after dumping religion how will this improve the country if no one is acquiring knowledge. Cause u are feeling like u are making sense.
I never said religion is our sole problem, all I said is that it is one of our major problems. We make it worse by taking it too far. I hate coming in contact with a low comprehensive ability/ IQ.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Aaronsrod:

You are being used by Satan. Repent and do not lead our people astray. If we do not worship Jesus the devil will return to Africa and take us.
Most amusing people seem to be bound the same way. undecided
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by whitebeard(m): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
I never said religion is our sole problem, all I said is that it is one of our major problems. We make it worse by taking it too far. I hate coming in contact with a low comprehensive ability/ IQ.
taking what to far, how many people do u think go to church on Sunday, if even those that go, how many do u think listen or even practice, or simply "understand" what they have heard in church. Oga iz like u are not current. Better relax and find knowledge before u start bladding and feeling like ur point is above 50% reasonable.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
The theists in this thread obviously lack a good comprehensive ability. I think a low IQ is one of our problems as well. When scientists said Africans have a low IQ in general, we taught they were joking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
whitebeard:
taking what to far, how many people do u think go to church on Sunday, if even those that go, how many do u think listen or even practice, or simply "understand" what they have heard in church. Oga iz like u are not current. Better relax and find knowledge before u start bladding and feeling like ur point is above 50% reasonable.
Not just church, what about mosque. Was El Rufai not bashed because he told people to build schools instead of mosques? The recent drop in church attendance is quite recent to except a drastic change. A large amount of people who don't go to church are still religious and that is enough damage.

Whether you like it or not, a lot, I mean a lot, still go to church. As I have said, read my opening post again.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by whitebeard(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
Not just church, what about mosque. Was El Rufai not bashed because he told people to build schools instead of mosques? The recent drop in church attendance is quite recent to except a drastic change. A large amount of people who don't go to church are still religious and that is enough damage.

Whether you like it or not, a lot, I mean a lot, still go to church. As I have said, read my opening post again.
guy u are obviously confused abeg. Good nite
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Robynwelo1(f): 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
whitebeard:
guy u are obviously confused abeg. Good nite

Guy you obviously do not know what to say, pack your bags and move on.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by whitebeard(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Guy you obviously do not know what to say, pack your bags and move on.
u are among the majority that went to school to acquire knowledge and couldn't use it for anything reasonable cause u lack understanding of what u acquired, hence the reason for the op to create this thread blaming it on religion. Have a good nite in good faith. cool
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
we are very different from them, our mentality is different. I didn't say religion is our sole problem. I think you have to read my post again. I hate coming in contact with people who have low comprehensive ability.

Please read my post again.

You are the who have bad comprehension ability. Your 1st paragraph is the summary of the idea in your writeup, in which you have already state the idea of the whole.

W/o wasting time i have to answer you straightforwardly. Religious activities can be liken to a hobby which you do at the time you love to (Generalization), just like yoga.

Those advance country you are looking up to, the scientists you mention, how are you sure they dont go for drink party, yoga session or some other recreation activities?

Iran a religious country gain independence 3yrs before Nigeria, but Iran became inventor of stuff, to the extent of becoming threat to the west.

Search Isaac Newton is more a theologian than a Scientists. We have great brain in Nigeria as well. Both Kumuyi and Adeboye Grad. with respected 1st class honour in science courses, infact Kumuyi was 1 of the "The FP" 500 most powerful person in the world.

The problem is not religion, but visionary leaders.

Being an atheist may be good for you, but should not be against religion, you will always have head clash
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
GoodMuyis:

You are the who have bad comprehension ability. Your 1st paragraph is the summary of the idea in your writeup, in which you have already state the idea of the whole.

W/o wasting time i have to answer you straightforwardly. Religious activities can be liken to a hobby which you do at the time you love to (Generalization), just like yoga.

Those advance country you are looking up to, the scientists you mention, how are you sure they dont go for drink party, yoga session or some other recreation activities?

Iran a religious country gain independence 3yrs before Nigeria, but Iran became inventor of stuff, to the extent of becoming threat to the west.

Search Isaac Newton is more a theologian than a Scientists. We have great brain in Nigeria as well. Both Kumuyi and Adeboye Grad. with respected 1st class honour in science courses, infact Kumuyi was 1 of the "The FP" 500 most powerful person in the world.

The problem is not religion, but visionary leaders.

Being an atheist may be good for you, but should not be against religion, you will always have head clash
Smh. Kumuyi and Adeboye are big time thieves. Your inability to figure that tells a lot about your... lipsrsealed. If you read my post, you will know that I said it will do us good is we drop religion. I stressed that we need to do it quickly compared to europeans. Have you ever heard that a pastor in Europe told people to eat grass? Or telling people to drink petrol and human hair? How about receiving God on his mobile phone? Why Africa? Na only us waka come. Later you tell me that we are not taking things too far.

After kumuyi and Adeboye graduated with first class what did they do, they opened a church to milk millions. Mtewwwwwww, take time o. angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
whitebeard:
u are among the majority that went to school to acquire knowledge and couldn't use it for anything reasonable cause u lack understanding of what u acquired, hence the reason for the op to create this thread blaming it on religion. Have a good nite in good faith. cool
Smh. What sort of logic is this? Must something bad happen before people realise that religion is a facade of reality? If your God was real, this won't be the case.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by whitebeard(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
Smh. What sort of logic is this? Must something bad happen before people realise that religion is a facade of reality? If your God was real, this won't be the case.
if u have understanding of GOD existence your won't be thinking this...!!
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by GoodMuyis(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
Smh. Kumuyi and Adeboye are big time thieves. Your inability to figure that tells a lot about your... lipsrsealed. If you read my post, you will know that I said it will do us good is we drop religion. I stressed that we need to do it quickly compared to europeans. Have you ever heard that a pastor in Europe told people to eat grass? Or telling people to drink petrol and human hair? How about receiving God on his mobile phone? Why Africa? Na only us waka come. Later you tell me that we are not taking things too far.

After kumuyi and Adeboye graduated with first class what did they do, they opened a church to milk millions. Mtewwwwwww, take time o. angry

Show me a Pastor in Nigeria who asked member to eat grass

And I will show you 10 atheist who had sex with animal
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
whitebeard:
if u have understanding of GOD existence your won't be thinking this...!!
You were indirectly saying that Robynwelo1 comment on you was due to frustration out of unemployment and getting angry at God and religion. I have encountered this type of thinking. When people rant against God, some christians like you say that the person is frustrated or his/her prayers are not answered. Why did frustration come to your mind? Are you indirectly saying that it is not unusual for people to get frustrated at God? If God existed, nobody would be frustrated. It also goes to show that you are nasty at heart, that you can shut down someone using his ordeal, even with that emoji. Nasty man you are.

Robynwelo1 was right, you don't know what to say so pack your load and go. Mtewwwwwww.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Show me a Pastor in Nigeria who asked member to eat grass

And I will show you 10 atheist who had sex with animal
My post was directed to Africa at large, please learn to read and understand. We may not be that foolish to eat grass, but believe me we fall stupidly for religion here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by whitebeard(m): 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martinez19:
You were indirectly saying that Robynwelo1 comment on you was due to frustration out of unemployment and getting angry at God and religion. I have encountered this type of thinking. When people rant against God, some christians like you say that the person is frustrated or his/her prayers are not answered. Why did frustration come to your mind? Are you indirectly saying that it is not unusual for people to get frustrated at God? If God existed, nobody would be frustrated. It also goes to show that you are nasty at heart, that you can shut down someone using his ordeal, even with that emoji. Nasty man you are.

Robynwelo1 was right, you don't know what to say so pack your load and go. Mtewwwwwww.
guy stop thinking like a girl, the conversation was between the both of us, and the individual whosoever butted In, which I would term on my part as destructive interference.

What I said to her wasn't based on what u are saying, lol grin dude u are a noob. Listen what I said was based on the reason u created this thread, students go to school acquire knowledge and can't use the acquired knowledge for anything because of bad teaching methods and also improper understanding. But u blaming this on religion, religion does not teach u e=mc^2 no it doesn't.

And stop behaving like u know me or something, I am not Someone u can understand. grin u thinking like a noob seriously grin
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
whitebeard:
guy stop thinking like a girl, the conversation was between the both of us, and the individual whosoever butted In, which I would term on my part as destructive interference.

What I said to her wasn't based on what u are saying, lol grin dude u are a noob. Listen what I said was based on the reason u created this thread, students go to school acquire knowledge and can't use the acquired knowledge for anything because of bad teaching methods and also improper understanding. But u blaming this on religion, religion does not teach u e=mc^2 no it doesn't.

And stop behaving like u know me or something, I am not Someone u can understand. grin u thinking like a noob seriously grin
grin grin grin forgive my rashness, e get as e dey do me. Many christians are actually guilty of what I said about you. When religion is dropped, science is usually embraced. We don't value intellectual stuffs in this country that is why our schools are the way it is. Everyone is after the money and material things.

On a societal and political level, religion is one of the things hindering this country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by GoodMuyis(m): 6:36am On Jul 24, 2017
Martinez19:
My post was directed to Africa at large, please learn to read and understand. We may not be that foolish to eat grass, but believe me we fall stupidly for religion here in Nigeria.

Stop beating about the bush JUST give me ONLY ONE PASTOR IN NIGERIA, then I will give 10 filthy atheist like you who shamelessly had sex with animal. Your summarizing paragraph narrowed down to Nigeria and you are going world wide.

By the way you yourself, what intellectual property can you lay claim too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Stop beating about the bush JUST give me ONLY ONE PASTOR IN NIGERIA, then I will give 10 filthy atheist like you who shamelessly had sex with animal. Your summarizing paragraph narrowed down to Nigeria and you are going world wide.

No pastor in Nigeria have said anyone should eat grass but a parent have tortured his child because a pastor told him the child was a witch and cause of his problems. A woman abandoned her child because a pastor told her that her child is a snake. All here in Nigeria. If that not enough for you.

I dare you to list those ten atheists who have sex with animals. Atheists are not irresponsible as you think.

3 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by 0truthseeker: 7:28am On Jul 24, 2017

Religion is very important - MARK ZUCKs 2016
Religious people are awesome - Seu.n Osew.a 2017

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2017
0truthseeker:

Religion is very important - MARK ZUCKs 2016
Religious people are awesome - Seu.n Osew.a 2017
Religious people are awesome does not mean their claims are true, religion is important? So did the leaders thought, especially when it came to oppressing and exploiting people. Because a famous guy said something does not mean it's true. Seun does not believe in any religious God.

Even atheists are awesome.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Wilgrea7(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2017
i think religion in its general self isn't bad.. however.. religious dogmatism and fundamentalism is what is eating us away

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Martinez19(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2017
Wilgrea7:
i think religion in its general self isn't bad.. however.. religious dogmatism and fundamentalism is what is eating us away
thank you jare. We embrace the dogmatic side of religion too much. It's impossible, however, to embrace religion without it's dogma. Religion itself is a dogma. What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by Wilgrea7(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2017
Martinez19:
thank you jare. We embrace the dogmatic side of religion too much. It's impossible, however, to embrace religion without it's dogma. Religion itself is a dogma. What do you think?

i don't think religion in itself is dogma.. the reason why people tend to be dogmatic is because most times, religion is merged with state.. people are basically taught not to ask questions.. things like philosophy aren't being taught at the basic levels.. the first time i learnt philosophy was in the university.. after the brainwashing must have been concrete grin... recently, Turkey removed evolution and replaced it with Jihad in their school curriculum.. but it's not only evolution they removed.. they removed philosophy too.. when people are not taught to think and ask questions, and believe all they've been told is absolutely true and others are wrong.. when the religion is merged with state.. people become zombies.. their inquisitive part has been killed.. the morality of those people become dependent on the morality of their religion.. and let's be honest.. some religions lack morality.. in my opinion.. religion should be seperate from state ... religious norms should be taught alongside with philosophy.. then people will get to understand that there are different views caused by different perspectives.. and no one has the monopoly of anything

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by cyborg123(m): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Hardly does an atheist openly reveal his/her atheism and you attempt to use this line as a defense? You can't possibly be planning to keep this promise. Bestialists caught in the past were never atheists as far as I know.
Re: Why Africans Need To Drop Religion As Quickly As Possible. by cyborg123(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2017
We just need to moderate religion not drop it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scientific Miracles In The Qur'an: Muslims Finally Accept the Truth / Can God Author Premature Death Of A Believer? / The Rich Man(judah) And Lazarus(the Gentile): Revealing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.