Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,375 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Most Internationally Influential Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Internationally Influential Nigerians (1935 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by PeeDaVinci: 12:28am On Feb 07, 2010
Can you please mention them in the order of their influence by your own judgement!!!

For me, I will say
1)Olusegun Obasanjo
2)Wole Soyinka
3)Okonjo-Eweala
4)Chinua Achebe
i dont know how internationally influential our businessmen e.g Adenuga, Dangote!!!! coz i am not sure hw much pple will want to listen to them speak on the global scene
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by edoyad(m): 12:37am On Feb 07, 2010
Obj doesn't top my list. He may be influential in Africa though.
1. Okonjo Iweala
2. Soyinka
3. Anyaoku
4. ObJ
5. . . .
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 12:42am On Feb 07, 2010
Remove Obj please
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by edoyad(m): 12:45am On Feb 07, 2010
Like it or not, Obj got clout. grin . May be Abdulsalam Abubakar too, he seems to be favourite with the UN,
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by MandingoII(m): 12:46am On Feb 07, 2010
who are those people?

Are they Thieves too? undecided
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by edoyad(m): 12:50am On Feb 07, 2010
Mr mandigo, they're your down low buddies.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by abadaba(m): 1:03am On Feb 07, 2010
EMEKA ANYAOKU
OBY EZEKWESILI
NGOZI OKONJO IWUALA
CHINUA ACHEBE
WOLE SOYINKA
PHILLIP EMEAGWALI
JOHN FASHANU
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Jaylon(m): 1:10am On Feb 07, 2010
edoyad:

Mr mandigo, they're your down low buddies.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by sjeezy8: 2:09am On Feb 07, 2010
Obasanjo because without him there will be no Nigeria! and without Obj there will be NO Nigerian troups in Liberia,sierra leone, Sudan etc . . .

In terms of politics in Africa no one has played a bigger role. like him or not
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by mekuszyx: 3:10am On Feb 07, 2010
In no order of pecking
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Obasanjo
Achebe
Soyinka
Chimamanda Adichie
Anyaoku
Kanayo Nwanze
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by aloyemeka2: 3:45am On Feb 07, 2010
Kanu Nwankwo should be included in that list.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Knight1(m): 6:57am On Feb 07, 2010
1. Olusegun Obasanjo
2. Wole Soyinka
3. The remaining ppl
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by babapupa: 7:31am On Feb 07, 2010
Antonio Deinde Fernandez.

Fernandez is a Nigerian-born billionaire and the Central African Republic's permanent ambassador to the United Nations.

"Renowned and well-known around the globe, the tall, dark and refined 64-year-old of commerce and diplomacy is an embodiment of good form, surrounding himself with exquisite things only money can buy."

Alongside business interests, Ambassador Fernandez has a diplomatic career stretching back to 1966 and is the Central African Republic’s UN representative. He is on first-name terms with several world leaders, doubles as the republic’s deputy minister of foreign affairs, and is head of the oil company Petro-Inett.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2010
politically,obasanjo comes first on the list.no qualms about that
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Shoot2Kill: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2010
Make una go siddon.There is no Nigerian alive that has international clout. We are not respected by the world ,we are the butt of jokes. Stop deceiving yourselves. Ask any teenager in the USA ,England or South Africa who obasanjo or soyinka is and they will give you a blank stare. Even our prized Prof emeagwali is not known.

Nigeria is only known for Bad things, the world does not see us as good people or relevant people. Ask any teenager in the world who the drug dealers and scammers are and the name Nigeria will easily pop out of their mouths

Ask anyone in the world who Mandela or Obama is and trust me you will get a good response. We have made our bed and we are now lying on it. Nigeria has no clout whatsoever so people please stop trying to make yourselves feel good. If these people you have mentioned above have clout ,BBC will not dare play the tape of a fake Yara dua on international TV.

The people you guys have mentioned above may have clout in Nigeria but the clout ends at Muritala international Airport. From there on they are just bloody irrelevant Nigerian Niggaz.

P.S Please tell me which international decisions taken in the international community any of the above named Nigerians have influenced?
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Make una go siddon.There is no Nigerian alive that has international clout. We are not respected by the world ,we are the butt of jokes. Stop deceiving yourselves. Ask any teenager in the USA ,England or South Africa who obasanjo or soyinka is and they will give you a blank stare. Even our prized Prof emeagwali is not known.

Nigeria is only known for Bad things, the world does not see us as good people or relevant people. Ask any teenager in the world who the drug dealers and scammers are and the name Nigeria will easily pop out of their mouths

Ask anyone in the world who Mandela or Obama is and trust me you will a good response. We have made our bed and we are now lying on it. Nigeria has no clout whatsoever so people please stop trying to make yourselves feel good. If these people you have mentioned above have clout ,BBC will not dare play the tape of a fake Yara dua on international TV.

The people you guys have mentioned above may have clout in Niegria but the clout ends at Muritala international Airport. From there on they are just bloody irrelevant Nigerian Niggaz.

P.S Please tell me which international decisions taken in the international community any of the above named Nigerians have influenced?
are you a nigerian?
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Godalone(m): 10:15am On Feb 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

are you a nigerian?
He is not,because there is no nexus between his reply and the subject.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by obiksam(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2010
MandingoII:

who are those people?

Are they Thieves too? undecided

My brother ask them ooOOH.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2010
Are you guys kidding? Internationally Influential? Obasanjo (Maybe in the district 9 movie)? Iweala? Adichie? Anyaoku? Kanu? Fashanu?

LOL, none of these fut the bill of influential
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2010
SEFAGO:

Are you guys kidding? Internationally Influential? Obasanjo (Maybe in the district 9 movie)? Iweala? Adichie? Anyaoku? Kanu? Fashanu?

LOL, none of these fut the bill of influential

dont tell me you dont know how obj tried to bring regional co----existence to africa when he was a president.the liberian conflict resolution,the darfur peace process and various peace iniatives canvasses by obj are some of those things that made him influential save for his third term ambition that screwed him
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Shoot2Kill: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

are you a nigerian?

Born and bred but at the same time a realist. I call a spade a spade and do not allow my patriotism to my country cloud my judgement. Nigeria has no clout, the world media affirms that everyday that passes. If we had clout, the world will not sit by while our leader is MIA. You think the French president will be missing for two weeks and the USA and Britain will keep quiet. If we had clout ,Nigeria will not be labelled a terrorist nation while a country like Yemen is not.

We don't mean squat in the world, to them we are as important as cockroaches who feed on dirt. We are perceived as parasites who infest foreign countries only to go and commit heinous crimes. The world sees us a nation of criminal minded barbarians and that is why they were bold enough to not only make the movie DISTRICT 9, name the Nigerian leader in the movie obasanjo but to drive their point home, they applauded the movie and nominated it for several awards. We are not famous ,we are infamous.

Do you think Hollywood can dare make a movie like that of china now that USA’s economy is limping and relying heavily on china to help it get back on it’s feet?

@Godalaone  = I think you should check the term “internationally influential” before you start saying my comments have no connection with the subject.

When you talk of influential people, you talk of:

Nelson Mandela
Mahatma Gandhi
Martin Luther King Jr
Hosni Mubarak
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan
Bill Clinton
Benjamin Netanyahu
Bill Gates
Chung Un-chan
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
King Abdullah Bin-Abd-al-Aziz Al Saud
Vladimir Putin
Silvio Berlusconi
Hu Jintao
Nicolas Sarkozy
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Born and bred but at the same time a realist. I call a spade a spade and do not allow my patriotism to my country cloud my judgement. Nigeria has no clout, the world media affirms that everyday that passes. If we had clout, the world will not sit by while our leader is MIA. You think the French president will be missing for two weeks and the USA and Britain will keep quiet. If we had clout ,Nigeria will not be labelled a terrorist nation while a country like Yemen is not.

We don't mean squat in the world, to them we are as important as cockroaches who feed on dirt. We are perceived as parasites who infest foreign countries only to go and commit heinous crimes. The world sees us a nation of criminal minded barbarians and that is why they were bold enough to not only make the movie DISTRICT 9, name the Nigerian leader in the movie obasanjo but to drive their point home, they applauded the movie and nominated it for several awards. We are not famous ,we are infamous.

Do you think Hollywood can dare make a movie like that of china now that USA’s economy is limping and relying heavily on china to help it get back on it’s feet?

@Godalaone = I think you should check the term “internationally influential” before you start saying my comments have no connection with the subject.

When you talk of influential people, you talk of:

Nelson Mandela
Mahatma Gandhi
Martin Luther King Jr
Hosni Mubarak
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan
Bill Clinton
Benjamin Netanyahu
Bill Gates
Chung Un-chan
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
King Abdullah Bin-Abd-al-Aziz Al Saud
Vladimir Putin
Silvio Berlusconi
Hu Jintao
Nicolas Sarkozy

At first bolded angry grin cheesy

At second bolded how is hosni mubabrak an influential person
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
Surprised no one has mentioned Professor Ibrahim Gambari
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by jimmysho(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
obj
soyimka
achene
okonjo
and others which includemyself
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by antartica(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
The most infamous and unpatriotic nigerian of course is obasanjo.You guys are not getting it or what?that guy is a rogue.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by TippyTop(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
antartica:

The most infamous and unpatriotic nigerian of course is obasanjo.[b]You guys are not getting it or what?[/b]that guy is a rogue.

My friend did you check the topic you replied to? How did thievery come into this topic? The topic agenda is to name influential Nigerians.
Get with the program.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
To have a shameless human being like OBJ up there is a joke. . . .
That man is a disgrace to the human race. . . .
OBJ woe betide you, wherever you are. . . .old fu/cktard!
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Shoot2Kill: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
asha 80:

At first bolded angry grin cheesy

At second bolded how is hosni mubabrak an influential person

Yes he is to a certain extent because he a close ally of the United States and because of the role he plays in the Israeli- Palestine conflict. He helps the USA in the fight against Hamas and allows the USA marines to use his air space. He also secretly (it has to be secret because he is a muslim)negotiates between the Isreali and Palestine government over gaza strip conflict.

He has been in power for a long and like Gadaffi has been very influential in the North Africa /Arab region. I mean if you compare him to someone like Soyinka for example, Soyinka has done nothing in the international community. But Mubarak's name comes up on a regular basis in news bulletins especially when the Isreali/Palestine conflicts erupts.
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by ayettymama(f): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2010
Soyinka is the only person i listen too!
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by ezeagu(m): 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2010
jimmysho:

obj
soyimka
achene
okonjo
and others which includemyself

Who is Soyimka and Achene?

What does the poster mean by influential?
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
As far as naija is now, take it or leave it. OBJ is no.1 and others follow. Though the man aint a saint but have a deep and objective look at naija politics then you understand why OBJ has clout. And for your infos every aspect of naija be it economics, religious e.t.c has been politicised either good or bad
Re: Most Internationally Influential Nigerians by kcjazz(m): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2010
ABDUL MUTALLAB grin

For changing the collective identity of Nigerians in one day!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? / Pdp, Obanikoro: Fashola Must Resign Now ! / Christmas Day Bomber - Kabir Sokoto Re-arrested At Chad Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.