Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? (23974 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Daycare In The Workplace / Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / 4 Types Of Workplace Discrimination Common In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Didinrin Must you talk

prove to me that theres God if you cant shut up and respect peoples opinion
mumu ode..nwamaikpe is absolutely correct... does dumb skulls should not be allowed to participate in any thing dey will surely bring d company down..anyone who doesnt believe in God is still under d influence of satan..like it or not

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I call atheists fools because the Bible says
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God..."
Psalms 14:1

Atheists are mistakes of environmental and cultural probabilism.
They are confused folks who think rejecting the rationality of a superior being would make them be considered as superior thinkers.

In a workplace, they should not be let to participate in any Spiritual deliberation before their godlessness brings the organization down.

Deep down even the atheist believe in something. They know there's a God but the arrogance of their human intelligence is their curse.
Aswear ehhh,, if I no fit summon Sango on you, say my name no be Peter....

You get sense at all
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by PataAlhaja(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
Rozaytee:
mumu like say u fit give urself life....sorry is ur birthname

I'm sure you've lost "God-fearing" close relatives, friends and loved ones to the cold hands of death.

Talking about life, their lives were cut short. Right?

Why didn't your "God" keep their lives?

I'm sure that question crossed your mind too.

Your "God" doesn't exist, B*t*h!

7 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by perdollar(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
PataAlhaja:

Bring down which fuckin' wretched organization? grin

The world's most valuable companies are actually owned by Atheists, you d**t!

Alphabet's (Google) Larry Page and Sergey Brin are atheists.

Facebook's Mark Z. is an atheist.

Microsoft's Bill Gates is an atheist.

Warren Buffet, arguably one of the greatest philanthropists the world has seen is an atheist.

If only Nigerians channeled their energies into researches, more researches and factual intellectual endeavours instead of believing in a non-existing "God" and attending church programmes upandan, the country would be a better place.

they r not!!!!!! these r men well known in d occultic world, the Illuminatis, the Freemasons whose master is d devil. many of dem hide dia belief under d guise of atheism. I repeat a true atheist must av killed himself wen he realise dt he lived in a world not created by him or his fellows

3 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Thylord(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
Camlot000007:
Pls anybody that can help on this topic "Investment analysis and feasibility studies of a commercial property in an urban area"Pls anything that relate to the topic will be appreciated
please take this thing and vamose from here.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
perdollar:
a true atheist don't have a workplace. Workplace signifies hope, a hope dt u believe in d future. future comes wt faith dt u wl live to achieve sth. Wats d source of ur faith. luck or coincident is a blind dip result as atheist wl say but luck comes bc u have faith. who do u av faith on and who gives d luck. Its ridiculous dt u live in a world u didn't create, even if u create ur own world, its ridiculous dt u can't create urself. hopelessness is an atheist. Get ds msg into dia skulls
God bless u my brother...u make sense gan

3 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
Rozaytee:
mumu ode..nwamaikpe is absolutely correct... does dumb skulls should not be allowed to participate in any thing dey will surely bring d company down..anyone who doesnt believe in God is still under d influence of satan..like it or not

You see This is why Nigeria will never move forward

This archaic mentality disgust my soul..

satans influence really??

Are you aware the owner of Nairaland is an atheist??
why are you using a website thats under satans influence?

you see 2 can play this game. i bet you never thought of that..

good night dear

6 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by logica(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
perdollar:
these r men well known in d occultic world, the Illuminatis, the Freemasons whose master is d devil.
grin grin grin
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
Axelrod:

I do not pretend about my position on issues. I know my worth and it is not attached to my religious stance.
I was only employed because I am qualified to work there. So if knowing that I share no same belief with my employer will make me less qualified, then I take my leave.

At my work place currently, every Friday from 8:00am-9:00am ( 1 long hour), they hold fellowship where ''men of god'' are often invited to come minister. I had to communicate my boss, telling him where I stand in terms of religion. He weighed my inputs against the effect of having an Atheist in his organization. The outcome I resume work 9:00am every Fridays, and it has been that for exactly one year and three months today.

Do not pretend about who you are, because you fear you may get fired.
Hmmmn I admire your confidence.
Buts its just the way Nigerians see atheists.
they see you ass being influenced by a demonic spirit
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
Lucifer be praised. Atheistic threads now making FP.

NAIJA moving forward

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
vakjay08:
bt ur name... God with us:-O like seriously;-)?
The name Emmanuel was given to me by my Parents it wasnt my choice bro....

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by PataAlhaja(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
perdollar:
they r not!!!!!! these r men well known in d occultic world, the Illuminatis, the Freemasons whose master is d devil. many of dem hide dia belief under d guise of atheism. I repeat a true atheist must av killed himself wen he realise dt he lived in a world not created by him or his fellows

Which devil?

The biblical Lucifer or the man-constructed evil monster whom Evans, the kidnapper blamed for his evil deeds?

SMH

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Desirae:
Every Monday morning, the company I work with holds a meeting. Before the meeting starts, the Manager appoints someone to pray.
As an atheist, if you're called upon to pray, what would be your response? Considering how sensitive the topic of Religion is, especially in Nigeria. And also considering the fact that not everyone is open minded.

What would be your response?

Richard Dawkins addressed a similar issue in an interview recently, although in his case it's concerning dinner with colleagues where sometimes he is required to say Grace, and despite being a militant atheist he nevertheless always said it when called upon to do so, he justified his action by saying "I'll tell no lies, but I have no objection over saying some meaningless words" cheesy
So pray when called upon to do so, consider it a social activity, it's only rational to maintain social harmony, it takes nothing away from your atheism.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Look at wats going in world the evil,d deaths,d killing,..we are facing tryin times in d world...everybody is tryin to cling to God to save their souls from despair...while some group of brain-washed odes-mumus..are sayin God deos not exist...infact una matter worst pass satan own sef...atleast satan knew God sef...una matter ehn..na holy spirit go help una...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by chemystery: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They are confused folks who think rejecting the rationality of a superior being would make them be considered as superior thinkers.

In a workplace, they should not be let to participate in any Spiritual deliberation before their godlessness brings the organization down.

Deep down even the atheist believe in something. They know there's a God but the arrogance of their human intelligence is their curse.
theist fighting for their powerless god since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by dumodust(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
In as much as I am not an atheist, I do not support the idea of mixing religion with business is rubbish. Also, people's right to freedom of thought, religion should be respected.
In spite of being religious does not mean the boss would not cheat.
In market places u see traders organize fellowship yet they wud still cheat, sell fake or expired items.
You are wise...

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
PataAlhaja:

Which devil?

The biblical Lucifer or the man-constructed evil monster whom Evans, the kidnapper blamed for his evil deeds?

SMH
nigga may i ask how u came into dis world

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
PataAlhaja:

I'm sure you've lost "God-fearing" close relatives, friends and loved ones to the cold hands of death.

African fool!!...u better repent before devil dance azonto on ur grave....after ur death...

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
Bibors:
The day I discovered that atheists don't exist was the day one of them said " Thank God there is no god".
A little education for you buddy! cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
PataAlhaja:

na people like u go dey say...'had i known'....on d last day

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Everybody is entitled to their opinions and views. religion is a personal thing... And you shouldn't feel those that aren't in the same sect as you are mentally deranged or some set of gullible believers...even if they are "in your head " respect their choice.. it's like a girl refusing to go on a date with you... Even if you are the best guy in town in your mind ... Going about calling her a fool just shows how wise you are.

perdollar:
a true atheist don't have a workplace. Workplace signifies hope, a hope dt u believe in d future. future comes wt faith dt u wl live to achieve sth. Wats d source of ur faith . luck or coincident is a blind dip result as atheist wl say but luck comes bc u have faith. who do u av faith on and who gives d luck. Its ridiculous dt u live in a world u didn't create, even if u create ur own world, its ridiculous dt u can create urself. hopelessness is an atheist

With or without religion hope and faith does exist .. the thing is just that in the "order of your religion" you put your faith in to use ... It's a matter of "faith in what".. You can choose to have faith in yourself, cosmic powers , metaphysical energies, plain-consequencial sequence of events etc. Atheist also have hope.because everyone if alive has a time frame that can be viewed from a perspective of "yet to occur" scenario.

Op ..I'll rather you just play along since you aren't the boss yet. Except your boss is liberal . BT if you feel so uncomfortable with it.. You can humbly decline such personally with the handler if there is Time​ to meet such person in private. Not openly it looks like an attack when they say :
Mr x please lead us in prayer.. and you are like : I'm sorry y'all I can't do this.. you know how it will end that day

I'm not an atheist though.. .I believe in God . I embrace "a form" of the old Yoruba Religion... Love, peace , charity n Thanksgiving..I call it the 4 pillars.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Rozaytee: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
chemystery:
theist fighting for their powerless god since time immemorial
no mind dem bunch of brain washed fools..their thing just dey vex me..its even a sin to say dere is no God
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by balarabe01(m): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
emmayayodeji:
In Nigeria we atheists have to be on a low low
just have it in your mind that the idea of God is BULLSHIT

SO ill say the prayer ohhh, ill even speak in tongues if them want grin grin
well there is God somewhere.call it God,supreme being,supernatural being whatever...but if you deny religion,i might spare you,but denying the existence of God is something common sense cant deny.
question
the SUN has been existing for billions of years and has never defaulted so who or what is responsible for that?nature?
man dies the sun lives where is the nature?
sun is supposed to serve man but man dies living the sun,if nature were to spare any being it will be man not sun.that means there is aGod controlling the sun.goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by iammolise(m): 10:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
computerboy:

Lol... this is the problem with you guys. You're always quick to anger. You don't shout to win arguments, you use facts/points that's why atheists always win you.

Atheists own companies and employ people too. They don't force their staff not to pray so i don't see why an atheist will be forced to pray if the boss is a theist. Live and let live, no need judging atheists, allow your god to do his job.

You call him atheist wannabe, are you sure you're not a theist wannabe? can you beat your chest and say you're 100% faithful to your god
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Danyel1z(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
If your boss fires u for being an atheist, then he should stop using Facebook and other things created by atheist
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Danyel1z(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Farmerforlife:

No, I am Muslim.
And ur name now happen to be Jacobs John😂😂😂😂
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
balarabe01:

well there is God somewhere.call it God,supreme being,supernatural being whatever...but if you deny religion,i might spare you,but denying the existence of God is something common sense cant deny.
question
the SUN has been existing for billions of years and has never defaulted so who or what is responsible for that?nature?
man dies the sun lives where is the nature?
sun is supposed to serve man but man dies living the sun,if nature were to spare any being it will be man not sun.that means there is aGod controlling the sun.goodluck.

You don't know jackshit, do you? Nature spare man? Not sun? This is the kind of anthropocentric bullcrap that makes religious folks dangerous, you honestly believe the sun is there to serve you, and that so therefore God put it there for you! Goodness me! grin Worship Helios then, the greek sun God! ��

5 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by perdollar(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
kayoph:
Everybody is entitled to their opinions and views. religion is a personal thing... And you shouldn't feel those that aren't in the same sect as you are mentally deranged or some set of gullible believers...even if they are "in your head " respect their choice.. it's like a girl refusing to go on a date with you... Even if you are the best guy in town in your mind ... Going about calling her a fool just shows how wise you are.

With or without religion hope and faith does exist .. the thing is just that in the "order of your religion" you put your faith in to use ... It's a matter of "faith in what".. You can choose to have faith in yourself, cosmic powers , metaphysical energies, plain-consequencial sequence of events etc. Atheist also have hope.because everyone if alive has a time frame that can be viewed from a perspective of "yet to occur" scenario.

Op ..I'll rather you just play along since you aren't the boss yet. Except your boss is liberal . BT if you feel so uncomfortable with it.. You can humbly decline such personally with the handler if there is Time​ to meet such person in private. Not openly it looks like an attack when they say :
Mr x please lead us in prayer.. and you are like : I'm sorry y'all I can't do this.. you know how it will end that day
faith in urself, cosmic power bla bla bla. and den 'yet to occur' scenario, time frame!!!! who is timing who?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by dalaman: 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You and your God are fools.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Camlot000007: 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
ShyCypher:

Be specific. What exactly do you need?

feasibility study of a commercial property in Lagos just this will do if u have the pdf material or anything that relate with feasibility studies of any property

Be specific.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Leonbonapart(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
plessis:
is it God that registered the company in the cooperate affairs commission?....

Can you now see how stupid you sounded?...

If you were beside me, I for Don use head of belt flog that stupidity comot for your skull
God'a people did the registration...
next ?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Leonbonapart:
I sugest you quit the Job beacause the God you don't believe exist is thesame that established the company and they are acknowledging him and giving him the glory for the continuation of it.

My dear atheist wannabe quit!!!! Go and work in atheist group of company

What pure stupidity!

Is it the same God that established Coca-Cola?

Or Apple?

Or Shell?

Do they pray at these companies before they do anything and that is the source of their success?

The prayer companies are in Nigeria, and they are the "real global success".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / CBN Staff: We Are Living In Fear Of Sack / University Degree Or Handiwork: Which Is Better In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.