Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic (10539 Views)

See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president / Pakistanis Rush To Learn Arabic As 2nd Language After Discovering This / Nigerians Criticize Buhari After French President Was Spotted Doing This. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by deomelo: 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
johnserek:

Only a matter of time before they catch you with Narcotics

lmao...

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by ZelibeKristien: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
johnserek:

Only a matter of time before they catch you with Narcotics

Lmaooo

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
PenSniper:

Okay.

Hi bro, I sent you a PM. Pls check
Thanks
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
OkoYibo:

When I listened to that lady, I actually didn't know she wasn't Nigerian. Same wordings, rhythm and dance steps as ours here.

From my village in Nigeria to Rep of Benin is about 10 mins drive if on the highway. There are several paths which are unofficial and can't be traced by Customs and Immigration officers. These bush paths were what the NADECO men used to leave Nigeria during the Abacha days.

Nkan to so àwa Yooba po, ko le yẹ àwọn olórí pẹlẹbẹ ọ̀daràn burúkú yii.

Do you know that Zainab lady showed more Yorubaness in her music video than I've seen from our Nigerian performers in recent times? I no go lie, I had goose bumps listening to her. The riches of the Yoruba language and culture were unmistakable. Its been a long time I was treated to such with all the Lagos Yoruba that I get bombarded with everyday. Truly ko le ye won cheesy

Edumare bless her and others like her cheesy
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by IJOBA2: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
AbidjanOjukwu:

You mean governors from the middle belt should attend SW governors meeting? Lmaoooo. The human flesh you eat daily is affecting your cerebrum.
LOL THATS WHAT WE CALL CONQUERED TERRITORY
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Hi bro, I sent you a PM. Pls check
Thanks

I tried to log in but couldn't. Some issues i don't quite understand. Will communicate when i'm through.
Alternatively, simeonty on same website.
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by moninuola65: 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
YORUBAS ARE THE LAZIEST TRIBE IN THE WORLD
how can we be laziest and spread all over the world
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
PenSniper:

I tried to log in but couldn't. Some issues i don't quite understand. Will communicate when i'm through.
Alternatively, simeonty on same website.

Mailed you already
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
He is calling himself that because the Igbos of Nairaland now refer to Yorubas as Afonjas, so instead of taking it as an insult he is embracing the name... it is too easy to figure out that... so no need to insult the guy.

kn23h:

Why are you calling yourself afonja then?
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 1:39am On Jul 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Mailed you already

Zeynab you said. Okay. Over there, they produce their music in both video and audio. Do you prefer the video, then.
Okay
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by jpphilips(m): 3:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Most of you forgot that Dahomey as they were called was a vassal state of the Oyo empire, nothing surprising here.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by juman(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2017
If it is possible for yorubas in west africa to form a country, it would be nice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage / Oyo Blast: Seyi Makinde Thanks Lagos For Releasing LASEMA To Support The State / 2023: Atiku’s Associates Write PDP, Say Only Ex-VP Can Win Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.